rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best option in Europe for Digital Nomads: Varna

If you're looking for a safe and attractive place "with cheap rent, great internet, nice girls aplenty, good food - and seaside town a bonus", there is no better option at the moment in Europe, than Varna.

Bulgaria's third city, Varna is situated on the shore of the Black Sea, it's clean, extremely safe, with an interesting mix of ancient history and modern flavor... it has lots of greenery (with the biggest European sea park, right in the middle of the city). It is, this year, officially the European capital of Youth.

[Image: photo_verybig_162531.jpg]

The prices of renting there are very, very low for European standards. Think 350 euros for your own apartment in or near the center. Food in restaurants: the cheapest in Europe. Also: No African illegal-migrants in sight, no Islamist terror ever! Europe preserved at its best.

And of course, the city (and nearby Golden Sands) and its beaches, are famously full of EE (or now, Western Europeans) hotties in Summer... And even in Winter, Varna remains lively, as it is a 400.000 people city, not just a small seaside village. It also has a nice (female especially [Image: blush.gif]) students population, year round.

So, nowadays in Europe, no place can beat Varna, factoring quality of life, cost of living, safety, access to young, relatively uncomplicated and thin women... You can have great fun there with a budget of 1000 dollars per month, rent included: hard to beat indeed, unless one goes SEA....

[Image: 1437632592-379_005_Panteonyt_Varna.jpg.jpg]

Also, it's quite easy to get Bulgarian residency (some of my friends are into this business), which explains why so many Russian upper-middle class families (and their long-legged daughters) come settle in Varna.

Note also that one can start a company with minimum cost, fuss and paperwork, in Bulgaria, which could come in handy for a digital nomad... with low taxes from the State, too.

[Image: disco-malibu2.jpg]
^typical diversity and quality to be seen in local nightclubs, at SEA prices for alcohols

Would give you a rep, but I've already done so in the past. Solid post.

I have a few Bulgarian friends, based but friendly people. Treat them with respect and you'll be just fine.

Questions:

1. For expats looking to relocate there long-term, what kind of work industries are there are available and hiring?
2. You mentioned it isn't that hard to get long-term residency status there. Any general idea as to the expense/hassle?
3. What percentage of men and women there speak passable English?
4. For the girls, what's your take on LTR-worthy qualities? More traditional like Poles, or proles like sloppy drunk English chicks?

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

I can respond to n°3 : I've met an astonishing high number of Bulgarians (women mostly) who are quite fluent in English.

I ditto JMK other questions. Bulgaria intrigues me...

Edit&addendum:
JMK, I repped him for you

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Going strong the girls in that photo are definitely hot!! For a day-game guy like me (I dislike night-game) how often do you see girls that hot during the daytime in Varna? Are they abundant during the day?

I am curios, how long did you stay in Varna? Were there any noticeable downsides to the place?

Day game there is not very good. The city is quite small, especially in the off season. It's a poor shithole. The one street he posted is the nicest street in the city....just to give the other side of the story. It's an alright place to visit. To live in Bulgaria I'd choose Sofia, but even that isn't great women wise. Sofia at least has some nice mountains for skiing in the winter.

Going strong have you lived there through winter?

Always imagined smallish beach cities would have a depressing vibe in winter, as i grew up in one. But maybe varna has just enough numbers to make it work?

Cambodian Creamsicle when you say Bulgaria is not great women wise what are you comparing it to? I mean if you are comparing it to Ukraine I would imagine most places would be a disappointment. How would you compare Bulgaria to the west women wise? When it comes to women most (not all though) Rooshv guys including myself are merely looking for satisfactory/good enough rather than the best. For me personally if I go to city where I can easily lock down a 7 (with a pleasant attitude) for an LTR that is more than good enough for me (women wise).

It's better than the West of course, but not good relative to Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Russia, Romania, Croatia, Czech Republic and Serbia.

Quote: (08-30-2017 05:30 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Day game there is not very good. The city is quite small, especially in the off season. It's a poor shithole. The one street he posted is the nicest street in the city....just to give the other side of the story. It's an alright place to visit. To live in Bulgaria I'd choose Sofia, but even that isn't great women wise. Sofia at least has some nice mountains for skiing in the winter.

I have to seriously disagree with almost all of the above. You are wrong on several points, factually wrong as journalists now say:

"one street he posted": it is not a city street. [Image: dodgy.gif] It is part of the Maritime Garden promenade. An alley.

The street you probably have in mind, is another one, leading from the "Sebastopol plaza" down to the Maritime Garden alley. Perpendicularly. Street full of bars and chicks. As in, cram full...

Unless you have in mind the very nice looking, walk-only commercial street leading from the comedy-theater to said plaza... also very nice, plenty of shops and tourists.

You may be forgiven though, as these very nice commercial (central) streets, have been redone (pavement fixed) recently, with EU money. So maybe you have memory of them from past times, before upgrading.

Also, this is not a "poor city", as the richest people from Bulgaria or even the Balkans often have properties there (plus many Brits, Germans, Russians). You see no sign of begging or poverty. EU money, again!

"quite small"? The city is quite big, encompassing parks, beaches, various areas, malls and suburbs, all the way to the airport. Almost half a million inhabitants, with suburbs included.

It's one of the biggest shitholes in all of Europe.

Going Strong, so how long did you spend in Varna and what was the daygame scene like there? English ability of girls? Quantity of hot girls? Openness of girls? How easy would it be for an average foreigner who busts out a lot of day-game approaches to lock down an easygoing 7 for an LTR in Varna?

Cambodian Creamsicle can you elaborate when you were in Varna, for how long and what factors make it seem like a shit-hole to you?

Quote: (08-30-2017 04:29 AM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Would give you a rep, but I've already done so in the past. Solid post.

I have a few Bulgarian friends, based but friendly people. Treat them with respect and you'll be just fine.

Questions:

1. For expats looking to relocate there long-term, what kind of work industries are there are available and hiring?
2. You mentioned it isn't that hard to get long-term residency status there. Any general idea as to the expense/hassle?
3. What percentage of men and women there speak passable English?
4. For the girls, what's your take on LTR-worthy qualities? More traditional like Poles, or proles like sloppy drunk English chicks?

1- Better to start your own company and do, like, call-center, or IT outsourcing-consulting jobs, just like business people do from the Phils or Romania...
Or, work available in sea transport industry.

2- Yes, I know the process very well (I myself have obtained residency, even though I don't need it, as a EU citizen - but, I obtained residency mostly just to get the ID card and tax facilities).

PM me if interested. It's a serious business in Varna, the access to residency (relatively few requirements, one of them being, a health insurance). Agencies catering to Russians (or now, Chinese) for example, are numerous, near the Immigration office.

3- El Gostro is right, almost everybody speaks good English. Huge asset comparing with SEA.

4- More traditional women. Being a conservative society, where men usually still have military knowledge and values.

Quote: (08-30-2017 06:36 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

It's one of the biggest shitholes in all of Europe.

What are you talking about? Or maybe, you're trying to un-hype the place - to keep the secret for you, like I know some members do (with several destinations) on the forum?

Varna: 700.000 tourists per year, and this year, it's the official European Youth Capital.
http://www.europeanyouthcapital.org/yfj/...ital-2017/
"With a population of approximately 340,000, Varna has a large number of young people (around 158,000 under the age of 35). Varna was selected amongst a field of four strong bids, including: Cascais (Portugal), Galway (Ireland) and Perugia (Italy). "

[Image: Varna-EYC.png]

The Bulgarian head of State last week received the French president in Varna, to impress him more than he would have in Sofia. It tells a lot.

[Image: 20e156e0d2ad44a99c6d7de7b7de6060.jpg]
^one of these presidents is a former Air Force commander, guess which one?

For fun, but it actually tells quite a lot about the resiliency of the courageous, Conservative Bulgarian people:
thread-54304.html

Quote: (08-30-2017 06:29 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

It's better than the West of course, but not good relative to Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Russia, Romania, Croatia, Czech Republic and Serbia.

Now, I can somewhat agree. Of course Ukraine is better for women, and even more so, Russia.

But, Romania better than Bulgaria for women? No way. It's a draw. And in Summer, Varna wins because of the numerous blonde Russian tourist women.

And you're welcome to spend the Summer on the Croatian coast, you'll get no more hot chicks than in Varna, and you'll spend three times more money.

"Australia Sucks - Today 06:37 AM
Going Strong, so how long did you spend in Varna and what was the daygame scene like there? English ability of girls? Quantity of hot girls? Openness of girls? How easy would it be for an average foreigner who busts out a lot of day-game approaches to lock down an easygoing 7 for an LTR in Varna? "

Daygame in Summertime is obviously great. After Summer, you still have a huge student population to game in the numerous bars and coffees, at a fraction of the price of Western European bars.

English ability of girls: excellent. Fluency in almost all of the under 30 years old women.

"how long did you spend in Varna": all in all, one year. I own property and have residency there.

Beirut: "Always imagined smallish beach cities would have a depressing vibe in winter, as I grew up in one. But maybe Varna has just enough numbers to make it work? "

Well, of course any coastal city, Varna included, will be a lot less interesting and fun in Winter, there is no way around this fact. But as you guessed, Varna is just big enough for a digital nomad to spend the Winter there without getting bored. And without getting broke, considering the Bulgarian prices: the cheapest in Europe.

Concerning Digital Nomads in particular, do note that notoriously, internet in Bulgaria is excellent, very fast and reliable (and cheap: it has to be, as the local basic salary is around 400 dollars)!

I was in Varna a couple of times to visit a friend. Was not particularly impressed, the women are attractive, but there are places in Eastern Europe where they are easier and hotter. Summer was not bad, but when I visited in November it was miserable as sin.

Also I hated the low-level crime in Bulgaria as a whole, everywhere you go they seem to want to rip you off.

Do you have some data to back up that Bulgaria is the cheapest in Europe?

In b4 Varna gets flooded with thirsty stag party goers and PUAs...

Quote: (08-30-2017 06:45 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

[Image: 20e156e0d2ad44a99c6d7de7b7de6060.jpg]

Jesus, did they build a new wall so Macron's wife could hit one again? She's looking worse and worse.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (08-30-2017 04:13 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

[Image: disco-malibu2.jpg]
^typical diversity and quality to be seen in local nightclubs, at SEA prices for alcohols

Diversity is our strength.

Good info.

Quote: (08-30-2017 07:40 AM)Henny Wrote:  

I was in Varna a couple of times to visit a friend. Was not particularly impressed, the women are attractive, but there are places in Eastern Europe where they are easier and hotter. Summer was not bad, but when I visited in November it was miserable as sin.

"when I visited in November it was miserable as sin": it's the same throughout Europe, November is bleak, yes. Even in Barcelona or Paris, November is miserable, and by the way, that's why you usually don't see me in Europe in November. But, people do live in Europe in November and January, one just has to keep a positive mind and strong motivation.

"there are places in Eastern Europe where they are easier and hotter": sure, but can you get residency and EU legal guaranty and protection in Odessa?

"Do you have some data to back up that Bulgaria is the cheapest in Europe?": just look at the face all tourists make when they see the prices in the menus, in Bulgarian bars or restaurants. By European standards, it's incredibly cheap. And it's normal: once again, Bulgarians on average make around 400 usd per month, so, prices are adapted to their reality.

A smart digital nomad would go to Bulgaria in May, start his EU company for less than one thousand usd, remain until October, then migrate to (relatively) nearby SEA on cheap Turkish Air ticket, and be back in next April. Rinse and repeat.

I checked out Numbeo and this place supposedly is ridicously cheap. Numbeo is usually pretty close, if a bit on the low side for foreigners. We're talking 25-30% cheaper than somewhere like Bangkok.

Going strong, you mentioned rental costs - what about buying?

Quote: (08-30-2017 10:46 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (08-30-2017 07:40 AM)Henny Wrote:  

"when I visited in November it was miserable as sin": it's the same throughout Europe, November is bleak, yes. Even in Barcelona or Paris, November is miserable, and by the way, that's why you usually don't see me in Europe in November. But, people do live in Europe in November and January, one just has to keep a positive mind and strong motivation.

"there are places in Eastern Europe where they are easier and hotter": sure, but can you get residency and EU legal guaranty and protection in Odessa?

"Do you have some data to back up that Bulgaria is the cheapest in Europe?": just look at the face all tourists make when they see the prices in the menus, in Bulgarian bars or restaurants. By European standards, it's incredibly cheap. And it's normal: once again, Bulgarians on average make around 400 usd per month, so, prices are adapted to their reality.

A smart digital nomad would go to Bulgaria in May, start his EU company for less than one thousand usd, remain until October, then migrate to (relatively) nearby SEA on cheap Turkish Air ticket, and be back in next April. Rinse and repeat.

Well the problem with getting residency in Bulgaria as far as I can see is....it's Bulgaria. I would rate Sofia for example as the worst capital city in Europe.

You can get a business visa in Ukraine for about the same cost, where it's cheaper, and a way more fruitful scene for single men.

I like winter in Europe, but there are better places to spend it IMO as Creamiscle mentioned, Hungary, Serbia, Poland, Ukraine

I have never been to Varna, I only know the capital Sofia.

I have worked many years with Bulgarian teams on IT project.

The quality of their work was excellent.

http://www.novinite.com/articles/174272/...udies+Show

Quote:Quote:

Two recent studies point to Eastern Europe and Bulgaria in particular as an increasingly attractive destination for companies looking to outsource software, according to an article posted on ZDnet website.

Five of the top 20 countries listed as attractive software outsourcing destinations on A.T. Kearney 2016 Global Services Location Index are in Eastern Europe. A total of 55 countries are ranked in the study according to labour costs, skills and availability of workforce, and business environment.

Even though labour costs in Eastern Europe are not as low as those in China or India, which are the two top destinations for outsourcing software, the region “can argue that it provides better product quality, a proximity to Western Europe, cultural affinity, a better business environment, and high-level skills,” the article on ZDNet reads, citing data from the AT Kearney study.

ZDnet is a business technology news website published by CBS Interactive.

Based on labour costs alone, Bulgaria is ranked 12th in the study, behind Poland (10th) and ahead of Romania, (13th), Russia (17th) and Latvia (18th).

Another study, Tholons 2016 Top 100 Outsourcing Destinations, has ranked Bulgarian capital Sofia among the cities in Eastern Europe which are considered attractive for outsourcing software, according to ZDNet.

Sofia is 52nd, one position behind Tallinn and ahead of Ljubljana(54th) and Belgrade (95th). Romania’s capital Bucharest is ranked 41st. The Eastern European country with most entries in the city ranking is Poland, with Krakow in 9th position, Warsaw in 25th, and Wroclaw 58th.

A.T. Kearney principal Johan Gott has listed before ZDNet several advantages, which Eastern Europe has, compared with more traditional outsourcing destinations. These advantages include much more benignbusiness environment than in India, the length of experience of Eastern European staff, the quality of their work, high-quality higher education systems as well as availability of professionals who speak English, French, and German.

Quote: (08-30-2017 12:46 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

Going strong, you mentioned rental costs - what about buying?

Count, 1000 to 1500 euros per square meter, in a nice central area of Varna... and utilities like electricity, water, are very cheap.

Be careful though if you plan on buying in a new building, especially outside of city center, along the coast in exclusively touristic places. In touristic places and new buildings, you can get bad (often) or good quality, so, ask a local friend for help. Or, buy condos in not new buildings.

(This is true for the whole world by the way, new constructions are a quality risk, given the lack of principles of new builders)

Henny: "You can get a business visa in Ukraine"

But would you start a business in Ukraine? [Image: confused.gif] Or buy a condo, then wait for the regime or mafia to throw you out?

In Bulgaria on the other hand, you are protected by EU laws, and if you yourself are a EU citizen, you already, automatically have all and every right.