rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Africa: Hidden Gem or Lost Cause?

I would like to pose a question to the forum.

My question is: Do you have any interest in traveling Africa, and if so where?

There are plenty of reasons not to go to Africa. And to be frank, I would not fault anyone for completely writing of the entire continent. Generally speaking, it is overpriced, has poor tourism infrastructure, many parts are unacceptably dangerous, and the southern region has an HIV rate that would make anyone think twice. Hell, Lagos Nigeria might be one of the only cities in the world that would raise the eyebrows of an Indian for the sheer scale of chaos that the city embodies.

With that being said, I am curious about the potential on this continent. With the explosion in popularity of Latin America, Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia, it seems as though the Dark Continent may be the final frontier for “exoticism.”

I am on the fence about whether to give it a pass or spend some time exploring. However, it should be noted that I have very little interest in traveling somewhere exclusively for landscapes, safaris or nature. While I can appreciate the beauty of these things, they are not a priority for me. I have spent a huge portion of my adolescence traveling for the sole purpose of appreciating Mother Nature in this manner. Perhaps in my later years, when I have a long-term partner I will resign myself to engaging in 'couple trips' for the sole purpose of indulging in nature and indigenous culture. But for now, I travel for three things: women, cuisine and music / dance.

Here is my shortlist for Africa:

NORTHERN AFRICA (perhaps the most interesting part of Africa for me, I have a strong fascination with Arabic culture)
-Morocco (In love with the cuisine)
-Algeria (This country is mysterious to me. I don't know very much about it but for some reason I think I would like it.)
-Tunisia (Know very little, but am intrigued.)
-Egypt (The general travel community loves to shit on Egypt as a tourism destination but my contacts in the Middle East have nothing but good things to say about it)

SOUTHERN AFRICA
-South Africa (“Africa-Light.” Notorious for its high crime rate, but Cape Town is perhaps the most developed city on the continent)
-Angola (I am a student of Kizomba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dMJJ5oK...freload=10 dance and it would be a humbling experience to practice the art in its mother-country. Is also infamous for beautiful women.)

EASTERN AFRICA
-Tanzania (Seems to be a better version of Kenya with less tourism corruption. I have particular interest in the food of Zanzibar.)
-Rwanda (Rich culture and mountain gorillas… my one exception to ‘not traveling for nature’ rule)
-Kenya (THE Western Africa tourism destination)
-Uganda (Won the “best country in Africa for an expat” award in 2017)
-Ethiopia (Many claim that this country has the most beautiful women in all of Africa, some go further, stating that their beauty eclipses all women of the world. I would also love to enjoy a cup of proper Ethiopian coffee.)

WESTERN AFRICA
-Ghana (“Africa for beginners”)
-Nigeria (Reading Moma’s trip report was all I needed to get the wheels spinnsing. One statistic that shocks me every time I hear it: 1 in 8 Africans in the world are from Nigeria.)
-Senegal (Senegalese cuisine is notoriously complex and delicious. They also have a reputation for sublime music. However, this is the first country I would eliminate as I don’t speak French and trip reports that I have read have not been encouraging)

Feel free to share your own “Africa Shortlist” or your thoughts on my selection.

Alternatively, if you have no interest in Africa, please share your reasoning.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry.

Further example of Angolan kizomba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfbB2IIZEpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBbFEUYsIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_TzKprOls

Possibly the most sensual dance in existence.

Madison, WI Datasheet

I repped your post because you read my report hahaha. Africa is not a place I would write off by any means. It's a continent that is too diverse to summarise in such a sentence. There are countries within Africa that don't interest me. This is also the case for South America, Asia and Europe.

A friend of mine moved to East Africa from the UK for an improved standard of living. He's been there almost a decade now. He constantly tells me to come and visit, saying I will love it there.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

@Moma

What countries attract you most?

Madison, WI Datasheet

I spent a few months in Kenya last winter. I reckon the reason Africa doesn't get much love is that most guys don't find black women attractive. I don't mind them so it was great for me. If you're white and reasonably attractive it's incredibly to easy to get laid. I racked up somewhere around 25 notches in 2 months (no p4p). It's even easier than the Philippines and I find African women more attractive than those little Filipinos.

The biggest downside for me was the constant threat of disease, namely malaria. There are pills you can take (Malarone), but they're hard on the liver and not recommended for long term use. Also, obviously HIV and to a lesser extent Dengue Fever and food-born illnesses (ecoli) are present. Couple that with insane traffic, horrible infrastructure, extreme poverty, pollution, and relatively high prices and it's not surprising a lot of people don't venture to Africa.

Everywhere you go, everything is in a cage. Security everywhere. If something isn't behind wires, fences and security staff, the Africans will loot the building. There's also not really any sidewalks. You can't just have leisurely walks around the city like you can in normal cities. Also constant begging from people if you do decide to walk around a bit. Little kids would follow me for blocks begging for money. Gets really annoying after a while. And there's whores everywhere when you go out. You never really know if a chick likes you or if she just wants you to pay her for sex.

^ @Cambodian Creamsicle Exactly the type of 'boots on the ground' response I was hoping for. Keep them coming.

Madison, WI Datasheet

A better question is where can I find women who dance kizomba? I think I just hypnotized myself.

But to answer your question, as for exploring Africa, I would like to check out Namibia's oktoberfest some day. But I prefer white women.

Quote: (08-20-2017 09:58 AM)hooked_on_tonics Wrote:  

--snip--

Here is my shortlist for Africa:

NORTHERN AFRICA (perhaps the most interesting part of Africa for me, I have a strong fascination with Arabic culture)
-Morocco (In love with the cuisine)
-Algeria (This country is mysterious to me. I don't know very much about it but for some reason I think I would like it.)
-Tunisia (Know very little, but am intrigued.)
-Egypt (The general travel community loves to shit on Egypt as a tourism destination but my contacts in the Middle East have nothing but good things to say about it)

SOUTHERN AFRICA
-South Africa (“Africa-Light.” Notorious for its high crime rate, but Cape Town is perhaps the most developed city on the continent)
-Angola (I am a student of Kizomba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dMJJ5oK...freload=10 dance and it would be a humbling experience to practice the art in its mother-country. Is also infamous for beautiful women.)

EASTERN AFRICA
-Tanzania (Seems to be a better version of Kenya with less tourism corruption. I have particular interest in the food of Zanzibar.)
-Rwanda (Rich culture and mountain gorillas… my one exception to ‘not traveling for nature’ rule)
-Kenya (THE Western Africa tourism destination)
-Uganda (Won the “best country in Africa for an expat” award in 2017)
-Ethiopia (Many claim that this country has the most beautiful women in all of Africa, some go further, stating that their beauty eclipses all women of the world. I would also love to enjoy a cup of proper Ethiopian coffee.)

WESTERN AFRICA
-Ghana (“Africa for beginners”)
-Nigeria (Reading Moma’s trip report was all I needed to get the wheels spinnsing. One statistic that shocks me every time I hear it: 1 in 8 Africans in the world are from Nigeria.)
-Senegal (Senegalese cuisine is notoriously complex and delicious. They also have a reputation for sublime music. However, this is the first country I would eliminate as I don’t speak French and trip reports that I have read have not been encouraging)

Feel free to share your own “Africa Shortlist” or your thoughts on my selection.

Alternatively, if you have no interest in Africa, please share your reasoning.

Nice list. Personally I don't have much interest in North Africa. The one exception would be Egypt, but for historical reasons and certainly not women/music. Other than that the only advantage of the north, from my perspective, is that it's a lot closer to Europe and you don't have to fly over the damn Sahara.

In Southern Africa Zambia seems interesting. Good English, decent level of development, and the women are ridiculously easy from what I can tell.

I'm a bit skeptical about Tanzania. Kenyans tell me it's considerably more conservative in dress and so on. Maybe if you are conservative wife-hunting. Otherwise I think Kenya and Uganda are the obvious options in East Africa. Ethiopia if you want a different look and more of a challenge.

West Africa is what I know. Good but easy (for us) girls are probably easiest to find in Togo and Ghana. Ivorians are hot, elegant, arrogant, tricky. Nigerians and Liberians hot, sexy, materialistic, good in bed - ONS-material. Would like to bang a girl from Burkina or Niger, but have little desire to go there. Nigeria has the best music.

You left out Central Africa. I suspect that Gabon has the best girls in Africa. Concerns: difficult to get there, high prices, French, drunk and violent men. Little things.

You are right about all the problems and risks travelers face in Africa. The mentality is also a bit impenetrable at first. Still, the girls are hot and easy, and many of them are actually (somewhat) educated and kind-hearted as well. If you like slim, tight bodies and big asses you can't go wrong. Personally I also think the faces of African girls are underrated. Still, I do slightly prefer the "whitewashed" ones with light skin, fake hair, and Western clothes.

Shit, Anabasis to Desta posted that data sheet on Ethiopia after all, under a new user name. It went right under my nose. Still think this dude shouldn't have been banned.

Quote: (08-20-2017 03:11 PM)churros Wrote:  

Shit, Anabasis to Desta posted that data sheet on Ethiopia after all, under a new user name. It went right under my nose. Still think this dude shouldn't have been banned.

I heard about a couple of forum guys that went to Ethiopia recently and didn't score a bang or score very few...so I'm curious if Ethiopia is poosy paradise or not.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I'm happy to give Africa a 1000 mile miss......

I met tourists in Spain that had gone to morroco. Some were females traveling in pairs. They only had good things to say.

I was in Egypt before Mubarak fell. It's an interesting country but Muslim. I wouldn't go there to do pickup.

I'd like to do a hike up Kilimanjaro. Maybe couples with a safari. But it's ridiculously expensive.

The threat of disease and security are my two biggest concerns. Personally I like to travel around on my own using mass transit to sightsee. Going on an organized group trip is anathema.

There was a good safari thread awhile back. Maybe someone already linked to it.

Not sure Africa really has a big city that is a good option for starting out. Like SA has SP, Rio, Lima, BA, etc for flying in and spending a month adjusting. Asia has Tokyo, Shanghai, Bangkok, HK. In Africa I guess you have Capetown and ___?

Quote: (08-20-2017 07:49 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

I'm happy to give Africa a 1000 mile miss......

I'm only really into South Africa and Namibia, since I speak a bit of Afrikaans.

Unrelated: Anabasis' and Phoenix's bans were two great losses to the forum. It's nice to see A2D briefly returned to post that Ethiopia datasheet.

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

I tried to work for a small oil company that was exploring in Somalia several years ago. Their stock price was like 20 cents a share, they were hoping to hit a huge find in an area no one else had the balls to explore. Their test wells all came up dry so they abandoned the project, so they weren't hiring. I think it'd be a cool premise for an indie film.

( Off Topic) Yea with the left censoring and destroying every last redpill website idk why we have to boot quality posters like Anabasis. Infighting is killing the right wing.

There's still a stigma that African women are not that attractive(keep in mind, most people in North America do not really meet many people from Africa so they only have one or two ethnicity to base their opinions on), and of course that is even the more prevalent (and much more factual) stigma that Africa is relatively dangerous.

Naturally, there are 'safe' parts of Africa and plenty of parts that have women that are hot, educated and humble all in one. I'm surprised that some people here will explore some of places in Latin America like Brazil but won't even consider some of the gems in Africa.

Getting Malaria shots every few weeks is the biggest inconvenience about Africa, and the transportation of course.

I'm glad this thread was made because this is something I've been half exploring myself. I've really only done Asia as a continent outside of North America so I was always curious if I had the choice would I explore Africa?

For me personally there's a couple of things keeping me hesitant. The price of some countries I've heard about turns me off. I never liked the idea of paying first world prices in a third world country. This immediately places it behind SEA and Latin America on my priority list. Not to get judgmental, but I also haven't had the best experiences with African immigrants in Asia so it doesn't sound ideal to deal with more of the local men there when I didn't like who came over to Asia.

Part of it for me is I don't have as much knowledge on the individual countries to even know where to begin. My friend hypes up going to Morocco one day to me and I've always been open to an Egypt-Jordan trip for a historical tourist trip (yes I know Jordan isn't in Africa) but I probably wouldn't go for girls considering the laws there. STD's also seem to be a concern with the girls from what I've heard. I'm willing to risk the minor ones but with HIV, it doesn't seem worth it.

I acknowledge I don't have nearly enough knowledge on the continent to be a full judge on it, but from what I've heard, until someone tells me different or I hear a real argument for a country or two there, my priority would be to do more of SEA (only been to the Philippines) and some of Latin America such as the Dominican Republic and Peru.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

I was in Kenya for two weeks last month. Loved the city and all its madness. Kenyan men are a strange bunch. I wasn't hated on but I got alot allot of crazy stares. I don't know why. I'm as black as them.

Women were cute with nice bubble butts. Friendly. I stayed in the embassy area then moved to the westlands. Got a cheap, hip hotel room for 50 US. Roof top bar was always poppin every night. Taxis are cheap. Traffic is horrific though. Food was average. Nairobi has a nice forest in the city and the only national park within city limits in the world. I got a driver for 50 bucks to drive around for 4 hours. Saw everything but an elephant.

Went to Mombasa. Muslim city. I really stayed in Diani Beach area. Cool spot. It was off season so it was pretty dead.

Went to Zanzibar for a few days. Stone town. Cool city. Muslim also. Nightlife seemed nonexistent. Went to the slave museum, prision island, and a sandbar beach.

Overall, I enjoyed the chaos of Nairobi. I wouldn't mind staying there for my R&R. I don't see myself going back to Africa anytime soon though. Probably hit SEA and South America next year.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

great post OP, I have been thinking the same recently as I have never been to the dark continent and am looking for something new after many years in Europe, SE asia, and N & S America.

I've seen pics on another site of stunning statuesque African girls and I think I could put up with the shithole aspect for that (in the short term anyway.)

I mainly have an interest in East Africa, but when I search various dating sites under specific countries I am not seeing much of interest (Uganda springs to mind as disappointing) Ethiopia and Kenya look ok......but still nothing like what I saw in the pics.

Quote: (08-20-2017 12:12 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I spent a few months in Kenya last winter. I reckon the reason Africa doesn't get much love is that most guys don't find black women attractive. I don't mind them so it was great for me. If you're white and reasonably attractive it's incredibly to easy to get laid. I racked up somewhere around 25 notches in 2 months (no p4p). It's even easier than the Philippines and I find African women more attractive than those little Filipinos.

The biggest downside for me was the constant threat of disease, namely malaria. There are pills you can take (Malarone), but they're hard on the liver and not recommended for long term use. Also, obviously HIV and to a lesser extent Dengue Fever and food-born illnesses (ecoli) are present. Couple that with insane traffic, horrible infrastructure, extreme poverty, pollution, and relatively high prices and it's not surprising a lot of people don't venture to Africa.

Everywhere you go, everything is in a cage. Security everywhere. If something isn't behind wires, fences and security staff, the Africans will loot the building. There's also not really any sidewalks. You can't just have leisurely walks around the city like you can in normal cities. Also constant begging from people if you do decide to walk around a bit. Little kids would follow me for blocks begging for money. Gets really annoying after a while. And there's whores everywhere when you go out. You never really know if a chick likes you or if she just wants you to pay her for sex.

Great points on the disease, environment etc. Regarding sex, which developing countries can a man go to where the chick just likes you? I've read the reports about Ukraine, South America (as a whole) and all the other hot spots. Most of them want money, it's either they play the short game (ask now) or long ball (snag you with marriage/child and then lock you in).

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Doxycycline can be also be taken for malaria prevention and it doesn't have the same side effects. Some foreigners down in South Africa told me that they think the HIV rate is overstated as a way to get money from Western countries.

I really enjoyed South Africa and Namibia, though the black women in South Africa are a bit of a let down and pretty fat actually. Namibia had some stunners. The best part about Africa is the nature which is absolutely stunning. The only part I didn't like were the race relations in South Africa. It made a lot of people quite rude and on edge all the time. At the same time, many Black Africans were some of the most laid back friendly people I've ever meet. Take a taxi or an Uber longer then 2 miles and these guys will talk your ears off.

Quote: (08-20-2017 03:21 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I heard about a couple of forum guys that went to Ethiopia recently and didn't score a bang or score very few...so I'm curious if Ethiopia is poosy paradise or not.

Interesting. If those members would check in with their report, I'd be very curious. These kind or reports are often just as useful as the big-baller stuff that's becoming increasingly prevalent around here.

Quote: (08-21-2017 10:24 AM)churros Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2017 03:21 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Interesting. If those members would check in with their report, I'd be very curious. These kind or reports are often just as useful as the big-baller stuff that's becoming increasingly prevalent around here.

I would say Naught Nomad's forum has way more information about Africa, much more detailed and it's frequently updated.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I've had plenty of girls in EE, Africa and SE that just liked me. Didn't ask for anything. Now you're going to say, "ya but it's just a con to lock you in long term", or something along those lines. It's the same thing when trying to argue with a conspiracy guy.

me - "look, the earth isn't flat"

Conspiracy guy - "NASA releases fake images!"

You have to keep in mind the guy that's giving the report. Is it a fat 50 year old in Ukraine? Then yes, girls will use him for money. Is it an attractive 30 year old guy? Girls will like him.

Quote: (08-21-2017 07:05 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2017 12:12 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Great points on the disease, environment etc. Regarding sex, which developing countries can a man go to where the chick just likes you? I've read the reports about Ukraine, South America (as a whole) and all the other hot spots. Most of them want money, it's either they play the short game (ask now) or long ball (snag you with marriage/child and then lock you in).

I'm not attracted to African women, and I suspect vast majority of EA guys aren't either. That being said, would love to go on a Safari with a lady at some point in my life. Did bang a white south african girl once, interesting accent to say the least.

My advice on the continent is to have someone (a local) who can chaperone you if it is your first time anywhere. There are a lot of nuances to each African country and for safety's sake you must have someone who knows their way around. The HIV rate in Southern Africa is not overstated, it is a real pandemic.

Once you know your way around, however, it's all good game. South Africa has good parts and bad parts. The good parts are just as good as you will find in any developed country. Race is a big factor however (because of apartheid) so black guys who have a thing for white girls will face a tough time.

I will bust out a data sheet for some Southern African countries in the near future.