rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oldest Living WWII Vet (111) Shares His Secret to Longevity

Richard Overton, WWII's oldest surviving American veteran at age 111 (109 at time of filming), shares his secrets on longevity based on simple living. He served five years in the South Pacific, 1887th Engineer Aviation Battalion (Colored), as a black American during a time when they were treated as lesser soldiers yet still maintained his patriotism and vigor for life. At his age he is as sharp as they come both mentally and physically.

Not to turn this in to a political thread... but we're taking a huge hit as we lose men like this.

Richard Overton

EDIT: The (Colored) addition to his Battalion was officially part of the title.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

This man has no secrets to longevity.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-04-2017 11:43 PM)Suits Wrote:  

1. Don't die

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Very soon, humans will live much longer than that.

Booze Heavy.
Smoke Heavy.
Zero political masturbation
Zero "fall of the West" talk.
The secret to a long-life.

No one talks about this
Most people are just Not willing to Come to Terms with this.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (06-04-2017 11:43 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Are you suggesting this because his diet was less than stellar? Processed soups, dairy, fried catfish, whiskey and cigars? I'd agree with you there.

But what about low stress, not indulging on materialism and maintaining a strong social life?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I can't imagine making all those huge sacrifices just to see Britain/Europe descend into the opposite of everything they fought for.

Watching your buddies get mutilated in combat, the only solace would be thoughts like 'well at least my progeny will live in freedom in a great nation'. All to see it pissed away in barely a few decades. How insulting to their sacrifice.

Interesting they focus so much on his status as a WWII vet. If he's 111, and joined the army in 1940, that would've made him 34 years old when he joined, and damn near 40 by the time the war was over. A grown man with some inkling of a perspective.

Also left out in that video but revealed by wikipedia -- no kids.

Quote: (06-05-2017 12:26 AM)Jeans Wrote:  

Interesting they focus so much on his status as a WWII vet. If he's 111, and joined the army in 1940, that would've made him 34 years old when he joined, and damn near 40 by the time the war was over. A grown man with some inkling of a perspective.

I was skeptical that the video was manufactured. National Geographic has gone to shit over the last few years.. Especially with their transgender narrative. Either way I thought it was threadworthy. The man is no deep philosopher but I thought he passed on some old school wisdom that's lost on the modern generation.

Married twice though.

There is some evidence to suggest eunuchs have longer lifespans. Maybe undeveloped testes caused his infertility.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/men-can-live-20-y...74234?IR=T

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

We have the greatest skeptics, don't we folks?

Quote: (06-05-2017 01:31 AM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Married twice though.

There is some evidence to suggest eunuchs have longer lifespans. Maybe undeveloped testes caused his infertility.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/men-can-live-20-y...74234?IR=T

Hm, interesting--I haven't thought about this in awhile (biological basis of longevity, and male vs. female differences across species), and have never really dug into it.

Accepting the hypothesis and assuming the eunuch effect is real (a different study mentioned in the article on castrati did not find an effect), I had two immediate reactions for humans:

1) Testosterone has a reputation as an immune system suppressor, and infections/diseases were more of a problem back then.
2) Eunuchs, not needing to compete for females, take fewer risks and live more stress-free than normal males. Normal males more reflect the behavior expressed by the "eggs are expensive; sperm is cheap" maxim.

And for humans and other XX/XY animals:
3) Two X-chromosomes may serve as a source of diversification in some way (males have one X, one Y).

These are just knee-jerk guesses.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (06-05-2017 01:44 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

There's obviously some exaggeration going on here about how old he is.

He's only 111.

No biggie.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-05-2017 02:06 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (06-05-2017 01:44 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

There's obviously some exaggeration going on here about how old he is.

He's only 111.

No biggie.

I can get better than that in a good century with TRT.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (06-05-2017 01:57 AM)Kabal Wrote:  

Hm, interesting--I haven't thought about this in awhile (biological basis of longevity, and male vs. female differences across species), and have never really dug into it.

Accepting the hypothesis and assuming the eunuch effect is real (a different study mentioned in the article on castrati did not find an effect), I had two immediate reactions for humans:

1) Testosterone has a reputation as an immune system suppressor, and infections/diseases were more of a problem back then.
2) Eunuchs, not needing to compete for females, take fewer risks and live more stress-free than normal males. Normal males more reflect the behavior expressed by the "eggs are expensive; sperm is cheap" maxim.

And for humans and other XX/XY animals:
3) Two X-chromosomes may serve as a source of diversification in some way (males have one X, one Y).

These are just knee-jerk guesses.

The mate competition theory and the social bonds theory have a lot of evidence too.

A study of Belgian monks and nuns found monks lived as long as nuns and significantly longer than the average man.

Like Richard Overton, elderly monks remained respected and valued members of the community with regular social interactions.
https://projectm-online.com/demographics...lifestyle/

Men tend to die quickly after their wife, suggesting we need strong relationships and a place in the world even more than they do.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Positive outlook on life.
Good genes.
Low caloric intake.
Little stress in life.
No or very few vaccines administered.
Little contact with doctors and their badly adjusted "treatments" and advice(trauma treatments and surgeries are great though).

Also he smoked cigars - tobacco is not as unhealthy as one might think. It is rather the 500+ additives in cigarettes that make it the toxic brew that everyone loves so much.

Quote: (06-04-2017 11:53 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Booze Heavy.
Smoke Heavy.
Zero political masturbation
Zero "fall of the West" talk.
The secret to a long-life.

No one talks about this
Most people are just Not willing to Come to Terms with this.

This man is definitely not on the soy. Most cannot understand this.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

His woman may be 18 years younger than him, but she's a 3 at best.

I'm not a national war hero and even I can bang 5's regularly with little effort.

This guy has nothing to teach me.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Sounds like he needs less whiskey and more craft beers in his diet.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Replace cigars and church with chasing asian women and the gym and I think I'm going to live to be at least 150.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-04-2017 11:50 PM)PuppetMaster Wrote:  

Very soon, humans will live much longer than that.
I've been hearing that my whole life along with robots will take all our jobs and we'll all live lives of luxury.
Always 5 - 10 years away.
Then 10 years later the claim gets made again based on a new breakthrough that sounds suspiciously like all the previous ones.

I may want to visit this guy. I could do it since he's in Austin. He looks like he's in good shape. There's no extra fat on him.

Richard Overton passed away. What a life lived. Couldn't have asked for more.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

What a lovely man. Thanks for sharing that.

What finally killed him was pneumonia. Probably picked it up in his hospital visits... I can't imagine being that old and worrying every day and night whether this was my very last day.