rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Senate passes bill that is likely to target alternative media sites

Portman/Murphy Bill Promotes Coordinated Strategy to Defend America, Allies Against Propaganda and Disinformation from Russia, China & Others

Quote:Quote:

“The passage of this bill in the Senate today takes us one critical step closer to effectively confronting the extensive, and destabilizing, foreign propaganda and disinformation operations being waged against us. While the propaganda and disinformation threat has grown, the U.S. government has been asleep at the wheel. Today we are finally signaling that enough is enough; the United States will no longer sit on the sidelines. We are going to confront this threat head-on,” said Senator Portman. “With the help of this bipartisan bill, the disinformation and propaganda used against our allies and our interests will fail.”

“Congress has taken a big step in fighting back against fake news and propaganda from countries like Russia. When the president signs this bill into law, the United States will finally have a dedicated set of tools and resources to confront our adversaries’ widespread efforts to spread false narratives that undermine democratic institutions and compromise America’s foreign policy goals,” said Murphy. “I’m proud of what Senator Portman and I accomplished here because it’s long past time for the U.S. to get off the sidelines and confront these growing threats.”

It's very interesting that this is being passed on December 8, shortly after Pizzagate and the fiasco with the Comet Pong shooter that some believe was a false flag.

This is big, because now the government can determine what is Propaganda and disinformation, and the requisite power to silence it.

The monster has crawled back out of the hole we threw her in.
She spoke today about banning "fake news"
The elites are doubling down cause they are scared.

The false narrative of "fake news" is already working. I was having beers with a couple white pragmatic guys who aren't ready for the full red pill in my dark blue state when we started talking about the election. My go-to line is to talk about how Clinton didn't speak directly to the voters of Ohio etc. Usually that line at least gets acknowledgement and a seed is planted. Last night though, I got the pushback that Clinton lost the election because of "fake news."

The poison is undoing my good works.

Fake news wasn't even a highly used phrase until WE started using it to describe the hoaxing media. Now they've attempted to turn it back around on independent media to dub anything non-mainstream as "fake." This is the old media's last ditch effort to save itself.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

We have until 20th January until Trump officially enters the White House, which is more than 1 month away.
They are going to try all sorts of tricks until then to save their asses and censor us.

Nice try. We can't unknow what we know already...

There has to be room for a First Amendment challenge based on disparate impact, or something?

IANAL
*I am not a lawyer

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

If Trump doesn't get rid of this bill he might just lose my vote in 2020

Growth Over Everything Else.

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:12 PM)polar Wrote:  

There has to be room for a First Amendment challenge based on disparate impact, or something?

IANAL
*I am not a lawyer

Don't be surprised if some very liberal lawyer or even conservative ones (like Judicial Watch) sue if Obama signs it into law, before he leaves.

The press is a free and independent informal branch of government, designed to check the other 3, if all else fails. It is called the 4th Estate for a reason. The Founding Fathers understood this and it has been so for many years. We are not supposed to regulate The Press. For the same reasons why you can wear a shirt that says "Fuck the Draft" or burn a flag. The people themselves regulate the press.

If all the Republicans in the House pass this, I doubt Trump can undo it by himself. That would prove that they are just as stupid, corrupt, and globalist minded as the Dems. It's just going to have to get sued into oblivion. A full bench of Justices should be able to take out the trash on this one. I would not be surprised if the liberal ones joined in separate agreements.

I would not really worry about it. If they start shutting down legitimate news sites like Russia Times or Breitbart, expect those suing lawyers to file emergency motions.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

There was also a call from the EU to Facebook, Twitter & Co. to be quicker in their responses to and removal of "hate speech" or risk being shut out from being used in Europe. Of course what it'll amount to is Facebook just bowing to every kind of report and instaremoving any wrongthink or probably even shadowbanning posts with certain trigger words.

I guess after a Trump win, the only way the elites can retain and restore their narrative is to label anything vaguely as fake news and then bad those crimethink articles which expose their machinations

"Fake news" and media bias have both been around forever.

Hamilton had newspapers slanted toward Federalism, Jefferson had his newspapers on the other side.

Oh, good, now that the government is in control, we can trust what they rubber stamp.

This is violation of the First Amendment, which is unique to the U.S.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:12 PM)polar Wrote:  

IANAL
*I am not a lawyer

IANAL as well.

I read the full press release, and doesn't look like they will have added teeth. Instead, it seems to codify things they are already doing. For example:

Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques.

I don't see where the bill gives them censorship or shut-it-down ability.

They call it "fake news", but what they mean is "wrong news".

Here's a short and incomplete list:

Isn’t it ironic how the mainstream media has the nerve to lecture everyone else about “fake news” when they are the primary source of fake news on a consistent basis stretching back years?

Fake news stories and fake narratives put out by the mainstream media have resulted in deaths, destruction and people’s lives being ruined.

The most harmful fake news is routinely published by the mainstream media. They are the main progenitors of fake news.

– The fake news that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq was involved in 9/11, dutifully regurgitated without question by the mainstream media, resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, thousands of dead and injured U.S. troops, and the destabilization of an entire continent.

– The fake news that the rebels in Syria were “moderates” who did not have jihadist sympathies and should be supported led to the destruction of Syria, Libya and the rise of ISIS.

– The fake news narrative that the media was balanced in its coverage of the presidential election was completely obliterated when Wikileaks emails revealed that countless mainstream media reporters were in bed with the Clinton campaign, feeding them debate questions beforehand and conspiring with Hillary’s staff to portray her in a positive light.

– The fake news that George Zimmerman was obsessed with Trayvon Martin’s race before the altercation that led to Martin’s death was accomplished by means of NBC deceptively editing an audio tape. This incident stoked racial tensions across the country and laid the groundwork for the violent ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement that was to follow.

– The fake news that produced the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative, which was proven to be completely fraudulent, led to riots, violent attacks and looting in Ferguson, Missouri, as well as numerous other U.S. cities. Even after the rioting began, the mainstream media continued to legitimizethe unrest. Fake news outlets continued to parrot the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative even after it was proven false.

– The fake news that saw innumerable people accused of rape at college campuses across America, claims that were proven wrong, ruined people’s lives and perpetuated the myth (fake news) that one in five women are raped on college campuses.

– The fake news that George W. Bush served dishonorably during his time in the Air National Guard was broadcast by CBS News with the aid of fake documents. In circulating this fake news, CBS tried to influence the 2004 presidential election but only ended up crucifying their own credibility, leading to Dan Rather’s resignation six months later.

– The fake news that NBC anchor Brian Williams faced enemy fire while helicoptering into Iraq in 2003 was exposed when soldiers who were aboard the helicopter blew the whistle on his lies. Despite admittedly putting out fake news, Williams still has a career in broadcast journalism.

– The fake news narrative that Donald Trump somehow represents the next coming of Hitler has provoked a hysterical anti-Trump hate crime wave across America, with people and property being attacked on a routine basis. The same hysterical fake news narrative was also responsible for violence and riots at Trump events throughout the campaign cycle, as well as assassination attempts on Trump’s life.

The fake news that Donald Trump had no chance whatsoever of winning the presidential election was proudly pushed by countless mainstream media outlets, with the Huffington Post even predicting that Hillary Clinton had a 98% chance of winning the presidency. When this fake news narrative was completely demolished on November 8, it swept away trust in political polling and the mainstream media to an even greater degree, prompting the backlash that you now see with the corporate press calling everyone else “fake news” when they are the real fake news.

FULL LIST OF FAKE NEWS OUTLETS

– The New York Times
– The Washington Post
– CNN
– NBC News
– MSNBC
– CBS News
– ABC News
– Salon.com
– The Huffington Post
– Rolling Stone
– BBC News
– Sky News
– Financial Times
– Politico
– New York Daily News
– L.A. Times
– USA Today
– US News & World Report
– CBC
– Gawker
– Newsweek
– Time
– Business Insider
– Daily Beast
– VICE
– Yahoo News
– Daily Kos
– Young Turks
– Slate
– NPR
– PBS
– Raw Story
– New Yorker
– Buzzfeed
– MoveOn
– Think Progress
– Media Matters
– Wonkette
– Center for American Progress
– Little Green Footballs
– The Economist

Below is a list of fake news reporters who colluded with the Clinton campaign to promote fake news.

[Image: 071216fake.jpg]

This list is by no means exhaustive, and there are many reporters within these organizations who do not peddle fake news and have spoken out against the mainstream media’s effort to brand dissenting opinion as “fake news”.

For example, Matt Taibbi (no fan of Infowars), has called the Washington Post’s fake news blacklist “disgusting” and “shameful”.

Glenn Greenwald, who has worked with several of the organizations on this list in the past, also completely eviscerated the credibility of the “fake news list” being used by the Washington Post.

The entire “fake news” narrative being pushed by the mainstream media has nothing whatsoever to do with concerns over people being misled.

If that were the case, the mainstream media itself would stop habitually lying to the American people and it’s trustworthiness wouldn’t be in the toilet.

The whole “fake news” narrative is clearly part of a dirty tricks campaign to pressure governments, Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other tech giants to censor information that is inconvenient to the establishment, for which the mainstream media serves as a mouthpiece.

We are competing with the mainstream media and they’re not happy about dissident voices challenging their monopoly on reality. That’s why they’re forced to resort to underhanded and deceptive means through which to silence their ideological opposition.

By circulating this article and this fake news list, we are not calling for these outlets to be censored, we are simply drawing attention to the fact that the very same entities who cry “fake news” are the primary sources for the most damaging, harmful and woefully inaccurate fake news stories in the history of modern journalism.

I never heard about the term "fake news" days before shillary lost. Could it be that liberals were trying to push it as insurance if she lost? Ironically most of the fake news shit I see is most liberal "Mosanto did this to TAKE OVER the wold" or "Watch how KANSAS treats women" or "KOCH brothers have a private ARMY". DemocracyNow is one of the fake news outlets.

Sure, I see some conservative looney stuff out there but it's nowhere the Non-GMO, Organic, or no to fossil fuels shit I see out there. Most importantly, these niggas love to talk about fake news....but have never even pointed out to where I can find fake news.

Also, damn Hillary sure "aged" a lot in a month.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:46 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I read the full press release, and doesn't look like they will have added teeth. Instead, it seems to codify things they are already doing. For example:

Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques.

NOTE: The bipartisan Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act is organized around two main priorities to help achieve the goal of combatting the constantly evolving threat of foreign disinformation. They are as follows:

The first priority is developing a whole-of-government strategy for countering foreign propaganda and disinformation. The bill would increase the authority, resources, and mandate of the Global Engagement Center to include state actors like Russia and China in addition to violent extremists. The Center will be led by the State Department, but with the active senior level participation of the Department of Defense, USAID, the Broadcasting Board of Governors, the Intelligence Community, and other relevant agencies. The Center will develop, integrate, and synchronize whole-of-government initiatives to expose and counter foreign disinformation operations and proactively advance fact-based narratives that support U.S. allies and interests.

Second, the legislation seeks to leverage expertise from outside government to create more adaptive and responsive U.S. strategy options. The legislation establishes a fund to help train local journalists and provide grants and contracts to NGOs, civil society organizations, think tanks, private sector companies, media organizations, and other experts outside the U.S. government with experience in identifying and analyzing the latest trends in foreign government disinformation techniques. This fund will complement and support the Center’s role by integrating capabilities and expertise available outside the U.S. government into the strategy-making process. It will also empower a decentralized network of private sector experts and integrate their expertise into the strategy-making process.

That's wasteful taxpayer dollars wise for starter, but the word countering is used. It does not explicitly state how. I would need to read the actual bill I suppose.

If they are going to use the State Dept. plus the Defense Dept. to "Counter" news they deem fake, I doubt it will be used like a Travel Advisory on the State Dept. website. Shuttering or blocking foreign news sites is something China already does, and they might be trying to do the same if something comes out that they do not like. Technically they can do this, legally too. Just a ethical issue, but we know Ethics are at an all time low in the US. Obama could have sent a C&D to all telecom companies to block Wikileaks website, but he was too pussy to do it. He did not want to deal with potential backlash from the press or international leaders. You can also make a case that doing that would have helped Trump more, but that is not 100% certain to know. Using a VPN would easily get around that, but he still could have used frame to make it seem really true that Russia gave them the leaks.

The problem I have with this is that countering bogus news claims is the responsibility of the White House itself. The Press Secretary's job more specifically. Not enough? Public Broadcasting (PBS is available) (Our BBC). This is just another wasteful liberal adventure to make government bigger than it needs to be, and give yet another buddy a job in the process. Stupid Republicans will think it is cool because they can use this while in power against the Democrats or whatever other enemies they have.

Trump will have to realize that both sides are terribly self preserving and inherently stupid. Little stuff like this is part of the swamp.

This is just another slick attempt to control political speech, the highest form of speech in America. Political speech has no equal in our society. It's no one's job to decide what political speech anyone should consume. This is just like that Football Hooliganism law the UK passed years ago, but only recently the police there used it against a Pro Brexit activist guy.

Give them a foot, they will always take a mile later on. They just need it in writing first.

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

It's just a way for the old media to keep getting money now that their viewership is in the toilet. Ad dollars is not enough to keep them running, so now the taxpayer gets to fund them. Obviously corrupt elites have a vested interested in preserving their mouthpieces.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Fake News Folks!!! Perfect example of fake news that the liberals are trying to make illegal.

http://jalopnik.com/how-donald-trump-mig...1789908519

This shit is done on the regular by everyone, even gruingito wrote a thread about it.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (12-09-2016 04:21 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

It's just a way for the old media to keep getting money now that their viewership is in the toilet. Ad dollars is not enough to keep them running, so now the taxpayer gets to fund them. Obviously corrupt elites have a vested interested in preserving their mouthpieces.

Nice catch there. They could keep trash like CNN and NYTimes afloat like this. For a country that talks big about China and Russia being enemies to democracy, they sure do love emulating them as much as possible.

Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" TV show admits the Clinton team tried to get her off the air when she questioned the poll numbers and arrogance of the left during the election:

So if this is an attempt to fund media companies and those currently in power will use it to keep the Old Media afloat, what can Trump do once hes in office? Does he have any power (directly or through who he appoints to different positions) to shut off the funding or direct it away from CNN, MSNBC etc.?

Using taxpayer money to fund the the dying shitbag media, and train "journalists" is outrageous, this shit makes my blood boil.

It hasn't made it through the house yet, has it?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

This will likely go nowhere once it reaches the House. Reps from that chamber tend to be more based than your average Senator. That being said, it is still scary to see just how fast these fools will attempt to stifle anything they don't agree with. While this current bill may be lacking teeth, never forget the importance of "stage setting" legislation that will soften the "blow" of a more onerous set of rules that will be introduced in a subsequent bill. Incrementalism is a key part of leftist strategy!

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

MikeCF gave me a retweet:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/Sam_seau/status/807375271926136832][/url]

Keep using the term "Old Media" but always capitalize it. It needs to become a proper noun within the lexicon. It implies dying, staleness, lack of innovation and other unsavory connotations. Congrats on the the retweet.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein