rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any downsides to being a player?

I have never been the guy who had a threesome with two hotties. Dont have a high notch count. I have never fucked two girls on the same day or had dozens of girls chasing after me. I banged a few girls, gotten tons of rejections, been the invisible man and just watched gamers play the game on the sidelines. I will probably never be "that guy". All people see is the guy leaving the club with a new girl or hearing him bang his latest conquest in the next room. Are there any unseen hardships that come with the game? STD scares? Pregnancy scares? What are yours?

Don't debate me.

Fucking so much your dick nearly falls off
Not having enough time to yourself
Having trouble getting girls to leave.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

But seriously - and I don't consider myself a huge player - in order to hit a lot of home runs you need to 1) play a lot of baseball and 2) strike out a lot.

Game milestones:
Checking your ego (getting from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, aka realizing you suck)
Developing a thick skin to rejection and the ability and willingness to overcome it
Putting in the work and getting laid for the first time via game
Getting good enough to get laid regularly

Past attracting relatively cute girls, it takes a guy with sizeable testicular fortitude (not to mention a sizeable chip on his shoulder) to continue to get better and to pursue ever-hotter girls...rather than refocusing his energy into something else, like his career.

Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Reputation- if you open alot of sets in a small city you will develop a rep, why paul janka says NYC is so great due to the volume and anonymity. Most people have in general a negative outlook towards pickup.
Some guys sacrifice other areas of their life to become a player.

Honestly in my opinion over time it becomes harder to respect women as people instead of something else. It can ruin your outlook of them since you see how easily they can be manipulated or influenced by things that are just retarded. Also doing pickup can make you cold as ice... it teaches you repress alot of natural feelings (good or bad) in order to get ahead.

Some of the many drawbacks but on the otherside it will take you to places with women and even places in life you never dreamed you'd be.

If you asked me 6 years ago if I'd be living in Germany I would have laughed at you.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Realizing the truth about women can leave some players jaded or unable to connect to women beyond sex.

STD's are a major risk especially in this day and age of the hook up culture.

You might become a bit of a sociopath.

You're unable to go back to your old self.

Most of these are avoidable and aren't negatives - just thinking about the experiences and convos I've had here on the forum.

Game can save your life man.

I can only speak from my own experience.

A lot of these risks are easily managed: wear a condom, get tested every 6 months for STDs, don't hook up with crazy girls (I dated several before I learned that - obviously I'm not a quick learner haha), etc.

The bigger issue is that after you've gone out with a couple of hundred girls there's almost nothing any girl can say or do that will surprise you. In 99% of the cases, you can guess what she will say and do in any given situation. This means you'll get bored.

You now have two choices:

1. Find that 1% girl who is hot, funny, intelligent, sexy, interesting, etc. and be in a relationship with her.

2. Fuck 1-2 new girls a month, run a (mini) fuck buddy harem (3 girls max, more likely 1-2 fuck buddies), etc. while you focus on business, gym, your own hobbies, etc. In this case, you'll never be like an average guy because you'll never put that much value on a vagina - girls will be like 5th or 6th item on your priority list.

Lastly, I don't think that most guys are made out to be players. I've met a lot of Serbian guys who are into game, and a pattern emerged: They get good at game, fuck 20-30 girls, find one quality girl and get in a relationship with her, and then focus on other things (mostly business). That way you've still fucked more girls than most guys will ever do, and yet you've not let it consume your life.

Yeah: to what end?

Potential Downsides:

1. Wasting time chasing women of short-term value instead of improving yourself, dating higher quality women, and/or focusing on vetting Mother of My Children candidates.

HOWEVER, the paradox is that you need to bang some short-term value women to recognize the GOOD women. The downside is when you don't realize or accept you have learned enough from gaming lower quality women and using that knowledge to go after better quality women that have potential long-term value. Some guys can get in a rut of just chasing a nut for the sake of the nut above all else; without any greater purpose or objective or maintaining any real standard about where they are getting the nut from.

When you're new to game, it's part of developing yourself and game training; to chase and bang short-term valued women. When you're experienced, it's like eating fast food when you know better. Once in a while it might be forgivable but all the time? Forget it. Better to just avoid it all together though.

Personally, I made a significant shift in mentality once I got to a certain level of experience; where I focused on fewer bangs but of much better quality. I pretty much turn down fast food bangs now on general principle that they bring little value beyond getting a nut along with significant risk. Speaking of risk...

2. Anxiety from banging high-risk chicks and the possibility of accidentally knocking one up.

Your entire life can get derailed over one nut. Seen it happen plenty of times. Every chick you bang is a liability; be it accident babies, STDs, false accusations, or something else.

3. Potential jadedness and bitterness with women and life; feeling you could do better if you were in a better city/country and therefore, you miss opportunities in the present.

If you know you could get on plane right now and bang a woman 3 times more feminine and 4 points better looking with 1/4 the effort compared to your current location, it can potentially kill your drive. Realizing your world market value is a very healthy thing but can lead to miss opportunities in your current environment as well.

For example, I was just walking around yesterday a bit pissed at the world; dreaming of places like Bangkok, Brazil, and elsewhere. While walking into a shop, a solid 7 gave me this beaming smile and constant eye contact as I walked by. Because my attitude was shit in that moment, I missed a warm lead and opportunity. Where could have that led? Who knows now since I had my head in the sand at the time over bullshit.

4. Sense of social isolation from many other men.

Not that you want to associate with them heavily anyway but I've lost more than a handful of blue pill friends since becoming red pill and doing the player thing. Some find the lifestyle repulsive and some find it threatening to their ego. If not the ego, their GFs/wives certainly will find your presence a threat and make it a point to get you excommunicated from the social circle. Since blue pill man are generally bitches, they go along with this non-sense.

It can be a bit heartbreaking in a way to lose "friends" you have known for a while over something as straight forward as being real about women and life.

Overview

Aside from #2, the aforementioned aren't really downsides in the strictest sense but more like growing pains to becoming a better man and mostly come down to attitude and mindset in dealing with properly.

#2 however is a VERY real risk though; especially if new to the player lifestyle and you don't know how to vet for women who are potentially high-risk for an accident baby (ex: 30+ women), an STD (ex: drug addicts or especially needle users or women who have banged needle users), and/or a false accusation (ex: libtards; especially American white woman libtards). EVERY woman you bang is a liability and naturally the more you bang without knowing what to look for, the higher the chance you hit a landmine. It only takes one landmine to kill you so if I were new to the player lifestyle, I would recommend above all else learning in-detail how to vet for high-risk women. There are numerous threads on the forum dedicated to these subjects.

Like OP I'm not a player so this is an outsider's perspective.

Most of the downsides (STDs, pregnancy, etc.) have already been stated.

But, unless you have women come to you or a reliable system, it seems like there is a big time cost/opportunity cost into being a player.

It takes time (and money) going out, approaching, going on dates, etc.

And unless you can get women to stick around after the bang and build a harem, you aren't necessarily having more sex than a guy with a girlfriend who gets laid 5-6 times a week.

A longer term time cost is if you delay or choose not to get married and have kids to be a player. Granted, a man can have kids in his late 30s and older but you may not want to be in your 50s and 60s trying to raise kids.

Serial monogamy seems like a happy middle ground of having sex with many attractive women without spending tons of time trying to meet them.

Another option is having a main woman who is dependable and just being a player when you have time. In this situation you have a constant supply of sex with some sexual variety.

It's also understandable while a lot of men try to be successful in something so women will come to them so they save time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that some players lie to women and treat them like trash. Other women get their feelings hurt because they were led on. Some women are vengeful if you treat them poorly so it's likely best to not lead them on and implicitly let them know you aren't looking for anything serious.

Quote: (08-29-2016 02:08 PM)therealpoder Wrote:  

a guy with a girlfriend who gets laid 5-6 times a week.

Not to take a single sentence out of context but...

[Image: laugh2.gif]

You can't go home again.

WIA

It's one thing taking the red pill in theory, learning about women on the internet from other men.

It's another thing to see it in action, you start getting close and bonding with a girl, and then you start spotting the red flags that she's a cheating slut who's starting to see you as the pathetic beta male. In your blue pill ignorance you may never have noticed these red flags, but with the red pill you will feel disgusted, like you are taking the red pill all over again.

So then you become more of a player, becoming more alpha and bonding less, using promiscuous women, trying to avoid conversations about their past or looking at their phone because you really don't want to know about the other men she is banging, avoiding emotional connections and dumping them after extremely short relationships, this is better, but still not satisfying.

You will also have to spend a lot on extra sheets and condoms and you will spend a lot of time covering your tracks until you don't really care anymore. You will become ruthless with kicking women out of your house and become a bit of a sociopath. You will waste countless hours chasing and talking to women, when you could be working on something more worthwhile. Or spending time with good male friends.

Constant STD/pregnancy scares.

However we've taken the red pill now, we can't go back. The choice is learn game and become a bit of a player, pay for sex or masturbate.

Have fun!

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

One risk I see is becoming jaded with women, loosing the magic of the chase and kill.

Also, never compromise your values for a fold of skin.

I don't like lying, cheating or playing games. Ain't no pussy worth lowering my values for. I have to be happy with what I see in the mirror.