rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alton Sterling fatally shot by Baton Rouge Police

What is your opinion on the death of Alton Sterling (graphic, especially after 0:15)? Was it justified, as people claim his right arm was reaching for his gun to fire at the police, or was it murder/manslaughter/point-blank execution, as people claim Sterling was pinned down and had nowhere to go or move, and could not have done anything to resist the officers?

You can find his criminal record online, which has a bunch of convictions, one showing that he was a registered sex offender who "gained carnal knowledge" of a minor. A bunch of other stuff too, but I mean, can you gun down a man because of his criminal record? So I don't think his record applies here.

The fact of the matter is, if you watch that footage I linked to, you can't see his right arm, but he did have a pistol on him, and if he was resisting arrest and not complying, then the officer had to take action to protect himself. Regardless of what happened here, the BLM groupies have been quick to claim he was "just selling CD's", just an innocent dude trying to make a living, and are demonizing the shit out of cops as usual. Whatever. This is very tiresome, when whites are killed way more than blacks by cops , and blacks themselves recognize the sheer idiocy and hypocrisy of the BLM movement itself. (this last one is a very powerful and honest video, please watch)

I'm not trying to race-bait or anything, I'm just saying, race relations have worsened so much in the past few years, and it's always an us vs them mentality; the media always has a field day when they have the opportunity to demonize white people and police officers because their heads are so far up their asses. What do you think can be done to stop this madness?

There's a series of YouTube videos called "Flex Your Rights", which details how to simultaneously not resist arrest and not self-incriminate. Alton Sterling was simultaneously resisting arrest AND never told police he had that gun on him, (which is illegal).

So, I think Alton Sterling brought us death upon himself.

Impossible to tell from the clip whether it's justified or not. Something was pulled out of his pocket, but it's hard to tell if it was a gun, though I've read the reports that it was. Doesn't look like a plant by the police either. If the guy reached for a gun like that then I've no sympathy. That said, two policemen should have been able to restrain him before he could pull it, even if they had too break his hand to do it. On the face of it, it looks like one of those that shouldn't have happened, but it's understandable that it did.

The far more troubling one, at first blush, is Philando Castille, who was killed today in Minnesota. That really does look to be the execution of an innocent man by a trigger happy policeman. This guy really does seem to have been a decent enough guy minding his own business. He'd told the police he was allowed to conceal carry. The police apparently asked him to produce his drivers license, and then shot him as he reached for the glove box. Again, just not enough information to be sure, but to me it looks like a clear case of murder by a cop who should never have been allowed to serve.

There are two instructive things to come of this. If you watch the footage of his (Castille's) girlfriend in the immediate aftermath, her boyfriend is dying and she is calm and acting out her own little west side story. That's one cold bitch.

The other is that if you are ever stopped by armed police, keep your hands up at all time, and insist that you will wait until their back up arrives, with your hands up, and allow them to reach for anything they may wish to see. Do not give anyone a reason to shoot you.

Quote: (07-07-2016 11:05 AM)deus_ex Wrote:  

What is your opinion on the death of Alton Sterling (graphic, especially after 0:15)? Was it justified, as people claim his right arm was reaching for his gun to fire at the police, or was it murder/manslaughter/point-blank execution, as people claim Sterling was pinned down and had nowhere to go or move, and could not have done anything to resist the officers?

You can find his criminal record online, which has a bunch of convictions, one showing that he was a registered sex offender who "gained carnal knowledge" of a minor. A bunch of other stuff too, but I mean, can you gun down a man because of his criminal record? So I don't think his record applies here.

The fact of the matter is, if you watch that footage I linked to, you can't see his right arm, but he did have a pistol on him, and if he was resisting arrest and not complying, then the officer had to take action to protect himself. Regardless of what happened here, the BLM groupies have been quick to claim he was "just selling CD's", just an innocent dude trying to make a living, and are demonizing the shit out of cops as usual. Whatever. This is very tiresome, when whites are killed way more than blacks by cops , and blacks themselves recognize the sheer idiocy and hypocrisy of the BLM movement itself. (this last one is a very powerful and honest video, please watch)

I'm not trying to race-bait or anything, I'm just saying, race relations have worsened so much in the past few years, and it's always an us vs them mentality; the media always has a field day when they have the opportunity to demonize white people and police officers because their heads are so far up their asses. What do you think can be done to stop this madness?

Just so you know, it is looked down on around here to begin race-based threads when you have a low post/rep count. Just saying.

The shooting of Philando Castille was never caught on video, and relies on the "expert witness testimony" of his girlfriend. Not buying anything she says.

St. Anthony's MN Cop in the video literally was crying like a bitch "I told him not to move his hands - I told him not to move his hands"... As the cold hard hearted girl friend routinely said "You shot him 4 times Sir and he was only reaching for his license and registration as you told him to do"... "don't tell me Sir this is how my boyfriend is going".

Then the back up cop is yelling "Tell the female to get out of the car with her hands up... Keep your hands Up ... Keep your hands up... Keep YOUR HANDS UP! All the while she was live streaming to Facebook to save her ass too.

This looks really bad like execution by cop instead of suicide by cops and the MN cops with about 3 plus years on the force knew it was not a righteous shoot, as could be argued with Alton Sterling with the 911 call saying that it was reported a large man was selling CDs and waving a gun at passersby (in reality goody two shoes or competitors that wanted his corner and gave Alton crap till he waved them off with a gun to protect himself - it can be argued with Alton the police were reasonably in fear for their lives with the fact Alton was carrying concealed.... the correct response in these incidents is hands on the top of the steering wheel and car turned off or on your knees hands up or behind your back so as to show no resistance.

This is the truly sad state of affairs after 8 years of Obama Administration hatred towards police and fanning white police/black neighborhoods race tensions leading to hatred of police in the communities - and - fear among police that Obama has declared open season on the police in communities of color. So what is the answer - only black police in black neighborhoods, and latino police in Latino hoods and Asian police in Asian hoods and white police in white suburbs and forcing all suburbs to become walled and gated with razor wire as in the upper class Latin American suburbs? Is that not the definition of racism?

Or is it time to train the people that the police face uncertain death on every call and best not to scare the shite out of police during a routine traffic stop or call - do not be carrying drugs or cash in your car and keep guns in your trunk inside carrying cases so that they are not rattling around when you are ordered to open your trunk. And if you are going to commit crimes do so in such a way as to not draw attention to yourself such as wearing a bad attitude like it is a red flag and a red alarm light helmet to the police.

Just saw the video of the immediate aftermath of the Philando Castille shooting. It's very hard to watch, since you can literally see Castille's last breath. Bad way to go, I hope he is in a better place.

A few things:
- That's a cold bitch. Is a person really able to narrate the whole scene like she did while under psychological shock, your loved one dying next to you?
- The cop is extremely agitated and upset. I'm not sure he shot Castille in cold blood. Again, he could be a complete psychopath and put on an act for the woman's livestream to have as "evidence of state of mind" later; if that's the case, it's very convincing.

Going to the States for the first time in September. God damn Wild West.

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:02 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

The shooting of Philando Castille was never caught on video, and relies on the "expert witness testimony" of his girlfriend. Not buying anything she says.

Yep. Its like she is reading from a script.

If anyone doesn't understand it, the purpose of exaggerating and focusing on the very few and limited incidents of police over use of force (while ignoring the millions and millions of successful law enforcement encounters) is to enable the federal takeover of policing. The SJW / Communists want nothing more than to take any remaining local self governance away, be that the right to self defense or local decision making about police and schools.

I am not saying there aren't incidents of police brutality or over use of police force but these are local issues that should be dealt with locally.

The more they can make people think police everywhere are monsters, the more they open the door to move in with their control of your town from behind the desk of a SJW bureaucrat somewhere else.

Facts:

1. Black men are killed by police on a near daily basis in America. Most of them are criminals.

2. The press selectively decides which ones to blow up, based on whatever current political events are transpiring at the time.

Average American: What FBI email investigation?

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:23 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

This is the truly sad state of affairs after 8 years of Obama Administration hatred towards police and fanning white police/black neighborhoods race tensions leading to hatred of police in the communities - and - fear among police that Obama has declared open season on the police in communities of color.

What has Obama done to fan white police/ black community tension? Obama hasn't anything fanning on way or the other, he's too busy waving his rainbow flags. People have hated police as long as I can remember, and no black person looks at black COP any differently than a white one. The only difference is now all these shootings are filmed, and everyone can see it's bullshit.

Alton was tazed before the video even begins recording. Obviously tazers dont work so good on huge people. A question I have is why unload so many shots into the guys chest? One should be enough. The other cop by his head could have been hit. I sure wouldnt want to be 12 inches from a semiauto going off in succession.

That's a tough video to watch. And I have no idea about the gun or the lead up so it's hard to say anything about whether or not it was justified.

The chick was on TV acting almost giddy at all the attention. Is she the mother of Alton's 15 year old son? That poor kid was crying hysterically and she just kept reading her statement with barely a pause. Her coldness, even to her son's suffering, stuns me.

As far as I know, police are trained to put many shots into a potential threat.

Once a human realizes hes made the decision to fire a shot half his magazine is already empty. Another interesting fact is that shooters in life or death situations will not hear the gunshots or be able to count them. In police debriefs the cop may be asked "how many shots did you fire?" and they usually answer with a substantially lower number.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (07-07-2016 11:21 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

There's a series of YouTube videos called "Flex Your Rights", which details how to simultaneously not resist arrest and not self-incriminate. Alton Sterling was simultaneously resisting arrest AND never told police he had that gun on him, (which is illegal).

So, I think Alton Sterling brought us death upon himself.

MMX2010,
This is race baiting. This is 2016, not 1716. Most Black Americans are not picking cotton on a farm anymore.

I doubt you have an inkling about life as a dark-skinned person in this world, especially the USA. I'm not American but it's disturbing how individuals, by virtue of being in law enforcement, have licence to execute black Americans, fully knowing that there will be no consequences even if there is a criminal prosecution.

This thread is in line to be closed.

If any citizen doesn't know how to comport themselves in front of the police, without self-incriminating, then they significantly increase the likelihood of getting killed by police. Since my statement applies to all races equally, then YOU are race-baiting.

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:55 PM)rpg Wrote:  

Alton was tazed before the video even begins recording. Obviously tazers dont work so good on huge people. A question I have is why unload so many shots into the guys chest? One should be enough. The other cop by his head could have been hit. I sure wouldnt want to be 12 inches from a semiauto going off in succession.

It's not just his size that countered the effects of the tazer, he was probably cracked out. And the reason the cop fired so many shots is because his adrenal gland is on overdrive since he's in a win-or-die situation. The only thing standing between that cop and the lethal threat of the criminal's weapon is the cop's own effective use of lethal force. So forgive him if he over-did it a little.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

Quote: (07-07-2016 01:27 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

If any citizen doesn't know how to comport themselves in front of the police, without self-incriminating, then they significantly increase the likelihood of getting killed by police. Since my statement applies to all races equally, then YOU are race-baiting.

MMX2010,
I might be a slow learner but I can read vociferously at times. So which other races are being executed at such a ridiculous rate by police in the USA? I undertake to read in full whatever you refer me to.

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:49 PM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:23 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

This is the truly sad state of affairs after 8 years of Obama Administration hatred towards police and fanning white police/black neighborhoods race tensions leading to hatred of police in the communities - and - fear among police that Obama has declared open season on the police in communities of color.

What has Obama done to fan white police/ black community tension? Obama hasn't anything fanning on way or the other, he's too busy waving his rainbow flags. People have hated police as long as I can remember, and no black person looks at black COP any differently than a white one. The only difference is now all these shootings are filmed, and everyone can see it's bullshit.

Have we been living in the same country these past 8 years? Obama always criticizes and directs his AGs to investigate and condemns the police first in these incidents.

Surprised he has not criticized the police about the high death count at the Pulse nightclub... but as you said Obama is too busy waving his pink and rainbow flags in the country's collective faces.

Police go to work in fear that in many cities they may be executed in their patrol cars while waiting for their next call to come in be it a biker gang, ISIS fanatic, BLM militant, or El Chapo Sinaloa drugs dealing cop killer.

Brick tamland,

Asking me what races are being executed at what rates IS RACE BAITING. You're dismissing all other possible causes (i.e. - different levels of awareness of how to behave when stopped by police, different levels of awareness of rights you possess when stopped by police, and different conceptions of what police are) to focus on race, race, race.

Of course you didn't watch those Flex Your Rights videos, either.

They say the police are America's largest street gang. I don't know why so many guys, especially people who I assume fall in line with libertarian thought, are quick to defend them guys. The cops in both of these videos seem like trigger-happy meatheads with a possible tinge of PTSD.

Quote: (07-07-2016 01:30 PM)Ghost Tiger Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2016 12:55 PM)rpg Wrote:  

It's not just his size that countered the effects of the tazer, he was probably cracked out. And the reason the cop fired so many shots is because his adrenal gland is on overdrive since he's in a win-or-die situation. The only thing standing between that cop and the lethal threat of the criminal's weapon is the cop's own effective use of lethal force. So forgive him if he over-did it a little.

Ghost Tiger, your prescience is remarkable. The deceased was 'cracked out'? Prescience.
And thanks for contributing some expertise - A stimulated Adrenal gland justifiably overrules the specific training that police are given to deal with this VERY type of do or die situation? Have you heard about checklists. I can't imagine that police usually have it in mind to shoot first except when the person they are confronting is...black.

Thread should be closed.

Quote: (07-07-2016 01:37 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

Police go to work in fear that in many cities they may be executed in their patrol cars while waiting for their next call to come in be it a biker gang, ISIS fanatic, BLM militant, or El Chapo Sinaloa drugs dealing cop killer.

Then don't be a COP.

He had a concealed gun he may have been reaching for, he had just threatened someone with said gun, and was resisting arrest.

Did the cops know about his criminal past? No. But cops can spot a violent criminal by a person's body language--in fact, any street smart person can do this.

Was the shooting justified? In my view, no, mainly because it was 2 on 1. But this isn't clearcut. I think there's some grey area here. Which is too bad because BLM will make this guy another martyr even though he was clearly a violent thug.

Quote: (07-07-2016 01:49 PM)brick tamland Wrote:  

Thread should be closed.

zero rep guy for mod