rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Here come the bastards: The rise of single motherhood in America

Quote:The Washington Post Wrote:

The proportion of children born outside marriage has risen from roughly 30 percent in 1992 to 41 percent in 2009. For women under age 30, more than half of babies are born out of wedlock. A lifestyle once associated with poverty has become mainstream. The only group of parents for whom marriage continues to be the norm is the college-educated.

...a wealth of research strongly suggests that marriage is good for children. Those who live with their biological parents do better in school and are less likely to get pregnant or arrested. They have lower rates of suicide, achieve higher levels of education and earn more as adults. Meanwhile, children who spend time in single-parent families are more likely to misbehave, get sick, drop out of high school and be unemployed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...story.html

Soundtrack:

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Roll back no-fault divorce, replace defacto maternal custody after divorce/separation with shared parenting, punish paternity fraud, abolish alimony.... remove the incentives for divorce and bastard-whelping, and watch the single motherhood numbers plummet.

Will never happen.

I have to agree with everything JayR said. His conclusion that the measures he proposed will never happen, is not 100% certain: if the right family oriented politicians (left or right doesn't matter) get voted into office, we might see some changes...

^Agree that the genie is out of the bottle on divorce, child support, etc... Cdidly, this reality is one of the reasons our work here is so important. ROK, the associated wiki, this forum (and precious few others), will give a few of these young men a few of the tools necessary to break free.

"Civilization is man's project, man is woman's." - Illimitable Man, Maxim #104

Posting from somewhere close to the confluence of the Police State, the Entertainment Industry, and the New World Order.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Fwp-co...48.jpg&f=1]

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

The headline to this editorial is "20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms."

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember what that headline signifies. So for those of you who weren't around, I'll explain.

Back in 1992 during the election season, Vice President Dan Quayle criticized the TV show "Murphy Brown" for glorifying single motherhood. His statement had the same effect as when Donald Trump made his comment about Mexican rapists.

In other words, it sparked an all-out media explosion that went on for months. Quayle was mocked on every talk show and in every newspaper and magazine. Time magazine even did a cover where they put "Murphy Brown" star Candice Bergen on the cover, looking smug and self-satisfied and wearing a "Murphy Brown for President" button (see image below).

This had a negative effect for Quayle, needless to say. He was always the butt of jokes, but he became a total laughingstock. I vividly remember a woman on a talk show going into a cross-eyed, insane rant that ended with her saying "Murphy Brown is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!" as if that made Quayle comment irrelevant.

Yet no one stopped to examine the hypocrisy of Hollywood. To give an example of this, what if a TV producer came out and said: "OK, well if it doesn't matter what fictional characters do, then meet the hero of my new sitcom, Billy Rapist, who rapes a new girl each episode and gets away with it! That should be fine, though. Because, after all, Billy Rapist IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER so who cares what he does?!"

History has proven Quayle 100 percent correct. No one here needs me to say why he was right. We all know the statistics and have seen the damage wrought by single motherhood.

Be thankful you have the Internet on which you can discuss this. Back in 1992, Big Media ruled and the only point of view anyone got was theirs.

I'm surprised the Washington Post even ran this. They got the time period slightly incorrect, though. This happened closer to 25 years ago. Quayle made that speech in 1992. Here it is if anyone want to see it.

[Image: 1101920921_400.jpg]

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also Candice Bergen came out a few years ago saying HE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (06-06-2016 12:58 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also Candice Bergen came out a few years ago saying HE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Classic

"It isn’t clear why children who live with their unmarried biological parents don’t do as well as kids who live with married ones." [Image: lol.gif]

Because if we actually cited why it would go against our progressive movement.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Just wait till the chickens come to roost over gay parent homes and the fucking trainwreck that is going to be. We should see articles for that in 10-15 years or so. Might be too late to undo much of the damage by then, but we shall see.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Apparently being an "independent woman" today means "let wealthy white men like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet support me and my inglorious bastards with their tax dollars".

If you don't need a man, you don't need rich white men's welfare.

Quote: (06-06-2016 02:03 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Just wait till the chickens come to roost over gay parent homes and the fucking trainwreck that is going to be. We should see articles for that in 10-15 years or so. Might be too late to undo much of the damage by then, but we shall see.
I haven't been to church in several years but I'm seriously considering becoming a devout Christian lately, seems like it could be a good shelter from the moral fallout which is occurring in Western society, much as Christian monasteries were shelters of lost knowledge after the fall of Rome.

@Edantes,

Find yourself a conservative Catholic or orthodox church. I've been a member of such parishes. Lots of old school male patriarchal types there. They know the score. Join the right church and you'll have your future allies. Life is passing, finding faith gives a man purpose and direction.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (06-08-2016 03:01 AM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

@Edantes,

Find yourself a conservative Catholic or orthodox church. I've been a member of such parishes. Lots of old school male patriarchal types there. They know the score. Join the right church and you'll have your future allies. Life is passing, finding faith gives a man purpose and direction.
Thanks for the good advice John.