rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Our Travel Podcast is Here

The first episode of the podcast I promised in WeekendCasanova's thread is here to relieve your case of the Mondays!

[Image: nZLFarX.gif]

Thanks to NomadofEU for being the first to join me.

To make the one+ hour of content manageable for all, it was recorded in five parts. The descriptions include a written summary of each of the discussion points, with time indices that you can click on (at least in a desktop browser).

Watch or read here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltsCeVp...8R&index=1

Looking forward to your feedback, gents.

Thanks in advance for listening or reading.

Edit: H/T to the RVF podcasts that preceded this one - The Black Man Podcast, and The Chicago Tribe Podcast.

Sitting at my desk literally LOL'd at the intro music. Great stuff

Enjoyed that.

Always thought that an interesting podcast would just be to interview people from the travel section about their motivations and experiences with traveling etc. in different parts of the world. I'd tune in to listen to that each week.

I'll reply to your PM in the near future 262.

Keep it up.

Quote: (05-02-2016 02:35 PM)The Ligurian Wrote:  

Enjoyed that.

Always thought that an interesting podcast would just be to interview people from the travel section about their motivations and experiences with traveling etc. in different parts of the world. I'd tune in to listen to that each week.

I'll reply to your PM in the near future 262.

Keep it up.

I am cancelling my subscription [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Enjoyed it! Really great questions which lead to a nice conversation. Also great is the index you provide with the details of the minutes and the actual topic. Great!

-- Is it possible to align the sound volume of your voice and the one of Nomand?
-- The music in the background music (from the bar?) is sometimes disruptive

@262

Samsamsam has a very deep and thorough knowledge of male saunas I'm sure he's willing to chat about.[Image: 69.gif]

Big thanks to 262 for organizing and hosting. There were so many of these types of conversations while he was in Kiev last summer so it was great to pick up where we left off.

Thanks everyone for the positive responses, looking forward to meeting more forum members in the coming weeks!

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (05-02-2016 04:17 PM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Big thanks to 262 for organizing and hosting. There were so many of these types of conversations while he was in Kiev last summer so it was great to pick up where we left off.

Thanks everyone for the positive responses, looking forward to meeting more forum members in the coming weeks!

I listened to all sessions at work today... great stuff.
Hopefully you guys can get into some more details of the actual numbers and quality of the bangs in future casts.

Favorite quote:
"There's a biker gang going by. Oh wait, here come two more."

I liked the Russia / Ukraine comparison. I look forward to hearing some of the other personalities as well here.

Great podcast 262, insightful content, flowing conversation, nice work.

Just some practical things regarding improving the quality of sound - the volume is very low... on the episode with Nomad I could barely hear him.

Looking forward to the next one, bravo

Quote: (05-02-2016 02:54 PM)RandomGuy1 Wrote:  

Enjoyed it! Really great questions which lead to a nice conversation. Also great is the index you provide with the details of the minutes and the actual topic. Great!

-- Is it possible to align the sound volume of your voice and the one of Nomand?
-- The music in the background music (from the bar?) is sometimes disruptive

Yeah I should've amped up the volume on NomadofEU's incoming feed. I'll do that next time.

As for the disruptive background music, it wasn't that bad at first, so we went with it, but it did get louder. Again, always a next time.

Appreciate the feedback - that's how improvements are made.

can it be hosted on an audio-only platform like soundcloud or as an itunes podcast?

I think it should open with Two Live Crew - "Me so horny." [Image: biggrin.gif]

If not that maybe a sexy sounding chick doing your podcast intro.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Awesome stuff 262, Nomad. Appreciate the shout out.

It's cool to hear from guys overseas, I have always wanted to live that life. Hearing you guys talk about it is inspirational in a way that datasheets don't really transmit as well.

I recommend looking into Audacity if you want to add in music. It's really easy to learn. Soundcloud will eventually want you to pay and the free alternatives struck me as a little shady.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

^ Agree, hearing guys' voices makes them seem more real.

I actually recorded myself over my laptop playing the intro music so I could pace myself with it. But I did use Audacity for some light editing.

I'll have to look into SoundCloud and iTunes.

Quote: (05-02-2016 09:24 PM)SeanBateman Wrote:  

can it be hosted on an audio-only platform like soundcloud or as an itunes podcast?

Ask and ye shall receive [Image: roosh.gif]

Link to the Soundcloud playlist of the first episode: https://soundcloud.com/262-a/sets/world-...-nomadofeu

And here's the Soundcloud RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundc...sounds.rss

As I understand, you can copy and paste that link into any podcast client - such as iTunes - and you'll be subscribed.

For now at least, time-indiced show notes will only be on YouTube.

Also, to get around the upload limit on Soundcloud, at least one old episode will be removed when a new one is uploaded. Old episodes will remain on YouTube. You can download them from there as audio-only using a website like: http://keepvid.com

Good job dude, I enjoyed the podcast. Keep it going !

- WC

Once again, a new episode to relieve your Mondays!

Thanks to forum member Nick for joining me, and to NomadofEU for joining me again!

YouTube playlist link with show notes for quick reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qA-4TT4...IkoMmndQ9Z

SoundCloud playlist link: https://soundcloud.com/262-a/sets/world-...ast-2-nick

As always, constructive comments and feedback are appreciated!

^ nice

Great to hear these podcasts.

This renews my hope in some changes I've made recently career-wise to become more free to travel. I'm not there yet, but I have a direction.

Thanks fellas

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Good job on the podcast, keep it up. It's really cool to hear guys discuss their experiences abroad.

Great podcasts, guys! It's funny hearing your thoughts about eastern europe being so different from the U.S., while I'm having the same thoughts as you, albeit coming from EE. I've been to Poland and the country seems really similar to my home country, Estonia. Maybe it's more about the journey, not the destination.

Your talk about loneliness while I'm typing this really hits home. While I have some good friends over here, they're never at the same point in life as it turns out. My experiences with women have led to revelations about life, but finding men with similar goals is an equally important goal. Thanks for the podcasts and I'm hoping to hear more about your experience!

It's Monday, which means ... another episode!

Thanks to forum member Brosemite for joining me this time.

YouTube playlist link with show notes for quick reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DB9Ud4p...B0h4VaoLU6

SoundCloud link to follow.

As always, constructive comments and feedback are appreciated!

^^ Thanks 262! FYI..was getting over a head cold while recording, heh

^ Yep. Pretty sure I've got you on the episode stating that too.

SoundCloud link: https://soundcloud.com/262-a/sets/world-...-podcast-3

FYI, as previously warned, Episode 1 is no longer available via SoundCloud, due to their upload limits. It's still on YouTube, and as I mentioned before, you can download it as MP3s using sites like: http://keepvid.com

Edit: Looks like SoundCloud has also removed parts of Episode 2. Again, YouTube.