rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Wars: Rogue One comes out December

Trailer just released for Lucasfilms Star Wars: Rogue One. I repeat Lucasfilms.
I find it kind of interesting that Lucasfilms is doing another Star Wars since all the rights were sold to Shitney. It looks pretty badass and judging by other Lucasfilms works, I'm hoping this story has greater depth and isn't an SJW pandering, ripoff, shithole, travesty, money grab, pew pew explosions, who cares if it makes any fucking sense, Force Awakens. Check the trailer it looks pretty awesome and seems to detail the Death Star and how they got their info to destroy it.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd Make America Great Again!"

Hey look it's another badass butt-kicking girl!!!

Milking every last penny out of these movies. So sad.

Quote: (04-07-2016 10:24 AM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, unless Lucas wants to troll the absolute shit out of Jar Jar Abrams and make a Star Wars with a leading woman that's actually good and people remember as being better. Personally I don't care, I just want redemption for Force Awakens, that movie just sucked.

Quote: (04-07-2016 10:24 AM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

The whole time I kept waiting for her to do JLaw's finger-salute from Hunger Games while her male costars tear up in wordless awe.

Could have been a good sidestory but they injected current day limousine liberal marxist Hollywood politicks into it of course.

So we can expect to see some roundhouse kicking girl antics and a subversion of the "patriarchy" so basic bitch can save the fictional universe.

Seriously ?

They just won't give any dudes a chance.

Another young wild rebellious and free female.

More Like 'Star Wars : Feminist One'
Disney and Kathleen Kennedy have gone full throttle on girll powerrr.

The main actress is just trying to be a wannabee bad ass and a pseudo hunger games J law type character as someone already pointed out.

The trailer is okay.Looks like a gritty take on the Star Wars Universe and is made by the guy who made Godzilla and before that made Monster , both of which had some decent and unique stuff. Not sure how much he must have added into this film as Disney would have controlled him like a yo-yo.

Anyways , will not watch it in cinema. Get bored by these obnoxious female lead characters who more often than not ruin a good movie.

Rogue One is Wedge Antilles. Not sure what this garbage is.

At this point I'd rather watch a Jar Jar Binks origin story than this feminized shitfest.

Man Star Wars has gone to shit, this felt like a Hunger Games trailer.

It's been done by LucasFilms so hopefully it's at least better and she has more substance than Rey's character.

I can almost guarantee you there will be at least one pivotal moment with patriarchal Darth Vader squeezing bitch's cheeks together and moving his face up to hers with menacing vader noises while he does some mansplainin'

That's like the money shot for hollywood feminism. It's essentially a fantasy rape sequence.

This is the level of hack writing that Hollywood churns out these days.

Some feminist on twitter said that this is a heroine they can identify with...

Because I too have fought the Empire and fly X-Wings.

Quote: (04-07-2016 10:20 AM)The Laughing Man Wrote:  

I'm hoping this story has greater depth and isn't an SJW pandering, ripoff, shithole, travesty, money grab, pew pew explosions, who cares if it makes any fucking sense, Force Awakens.

I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

It looks like we have our standard formula of (now a completely "rebellious") white women leading black people, vaguely latino people, and even Asians standing up to evil Whitey. And that's just in the trailer. I'll expect that a lot of that stuff will never make it to the trailer in order to keep such criticism at bay until the release.

With TFA making 1.5B-ish, there is no way that they'll abandon their movie as an aggressive SJW messaging vehicle.

This one doesn't even have the 'force' to fall back on as an excuse.
Unless they've done the completely unoriginal thing of having this chick be force sensitive as well...

Oprah :
"You get force sensitivity & you get force sensitivity & you get force sensitivity!"

At this point I don't even give a fuck about the whole girl power thing.

I just wish they'd fucking adapt some of the books already out there regarding this. For example Star Wars: Dark Forces

Kyle Katarn stole the death star plans and stopped the Dark Trooper plans and also was a Jedi.

I thought it looks terrible. The trailer was like a checklist of ever girl power cliche in the book...even that cringeworthy "rebellion" line.

"This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel"

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

Quote: (04-07-2016 10:52 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Man Star Wars has gone to shit, this felt like a Hunger Games trailer.

It's been done by LucasFilms so hopefully it's at least better and she has more substance than Rey's character.

Disney owns Lucasfilm 100%. There is no "Lucasfilm" anymore...it's just a logo.

This is a Disney product, exactly like TFA and every other SW movie, book, game, etc for the rest of time.

Quote: (04-07-2016 11:35 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

At this point I don't even give a fuck about the whole girl power thing.

I just wish they'd fucking adapt some of the books already out there regarding this. For example Star Wars: Dark Forces

Kyle Katarn stole the death star plans and stopped the Dark Trooper plans and also was a Jedi.

Same here, I really don't care it's a chick. Just make a good Star Wars. I can't really rip on a lead woman, one of my favorite all time science fiction movies is Alien. Just make it fucking good, all I'm asking. If this is another nail in the coffin of what was once a great series then I'm done, but I'm still going to hold out some form of hope, probably naively. I get hyped over this because Star Wars meant alot to me growing up, it was really amazing to me. Force Awakens shoved the shiv deep in my gut but I'll give it one last try.

Her name is awfully similar to Jan Ors from Dark Forces, who was a female double agent who helped Kyle Katarn. One of the guys they show in the trailer also looks like Kyle (26 seconds and minute mark). I'm not going to hold my breath though.

People are already posting shit on social media like:

"she gets to see these kick ass females instead of damsels in distress."

They're already talking about how people are complaining and shaming them for it.

Just make a GOOD Star Wars movie.

All this is, is pandering to get more women into paying into Star Wars.

Sorry, I'm not excusing them for the girrrl powerrr bullshit. They ruined Star Wars with the Feminist Awakens and this doesn't look any better.

For my own sanity I'm going to pretend the series was wrapped up with Return of the Jedi and everyone lived happily ever after.

Relax men, a 5'3" girl can beat the Empire because...feminism! Feminism is more powerful than a Death Star!

Is this even a SW without Jedi? It feels like Katniss Everdeen in space.

Look Ghost Dog in the movie!

Also:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Deus vult!