rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asia, Eastern Europe ... where to settle

Hello guys,

I always wanted to ask some advice here. Your forum is great. Sorry if I haven't caught up with all info and teminology. I am an older, northern European guy that has lived long time in Asia. I have also traveled extensively all my life and still do, South America, Africa etc, many long trips. Looking for a place to settle down, but I still haven't found the right place. I also enjoy the trips, but my age tells me that the time to settle down is approaching.

In Southeast Asia you find skinny, good looking girls if you spend money. They give you sex like a kind of massage, few emotions. Philippines is different (not Asian style) since you can also have relations with girls. But society in PI is chaotic, not necessarily dangerous but hospitals and many other areas are not of good quality.

An American friend in the Philippines had gone to Cambodia and "wined and dined" two Vietnamese girls. He was surprised they didn'treally seem to appreciate [Image: smile.gif]

I may be wrong but much in this forum is about how to pick up girls, often in clubs in f.ex S.America or eastern Europe. I am not so experienced with that, even though I have travelled there. I am not skilled in the techniques you train here how to isolate a girl from the crowd and bring her home. I am not good with the "cool crap talk". But these skills are not needed to find girls in Southeast Asia. (Maybe my northern European looks could help a little, at least as a first impression to suggest my capacity as a "meal ticket".) I have many experiences from travel and know some language, that is occasionally appreciated.

I sometimes wonder why the girls you pick up, go home with you. Maybe they mostly hope you fall in love with them and they could marry a guy from US, Europe or similar? After spending some time with the girl you find an excuse to break the relation. I have no moral comments on that, I have just not trained the techniques.

Southeast Asia is ok. There is a lot of craptalk towards foreigner but very seldom violence. Girls are short, skinny and sometimes conversation lacks, sometimes due to language barrier, but I got used to that.

I am just thinking of making another trip to eastern Europe. I once stayed longer in Ukraine and will now maybe visit some other countr-y/-ies in the region. I have made shorter trips to other countries in the region. Slavic people often good and straightforward, in my limited experience. "High level of culture" in many parts of Russia and eastern Europe, I would say.

I remember seeing many tourists in Hungary. Balaton or Budapest will probably NOT be my destination. I don't mind being "lost" with language difficulties in a not so big place where girls take more notice of you.

I am interested in hearing what you think about my plan to go to eastern Europe. (Or if you suggest some other place.) Where to go, how to stay, what to do ... A moderatly expensive place with relaxed atmosphere and girls easy to connect to.

Choosing a destination is also a matter of economy. I don't work one year and then spend high during a couple of months. I continuously live abroad on a moderate but steady economy. In Southeast Asia that is good life. In eastern Europe all will be more expensive. I can not stay for months in luxurious hotels. I will probably find guesthouse lodging. But I have plenty of time. Maybe the cold winter will be a negative factor for me, not being used to it for many years.

I know a little Russian. Enough for simple things in hotels and asking the way the street. But not enough for pleasant conversation.

I made superficial contact with several Bulgarian girls over Facebook. At least some of them have kids but many look super stunning. But such an impression sometimes gets moderated when you meet girls with stunning pictures, in real life. Many normal looking girls can produce some model quality pictures on the Internet, imho. Would also prefer to meet a younger girl with no kid. But I must admit these girls produce many pictures in full figure where they look terrific.

I am not even sure these Facebook contacts would meet me if I came. But I am a traveler and would always find something to do. Or just buy a ticket onwards. What I think you call "day game", I could also try.

I am not sure I would feel as comfortable with Romanian people. But that is only what I infer from reading. I never visited. Never visited Belarus either. I don't know eastern Europe in detail.

Georgia is not Europe but maybe too traditional for girl chasing? (I never visited.)

Maybe the question becomes too wide if we bring in S. America. F.ex. Brazil and Venezuela have great looking girls but you must definitely think before you walk outside in the evening. Some people in Brazil don't really appreciate foreigners. That even happens in Chile and Argentina (but likely without violence). Buenos Aires more tolerant. Even though I speak Spanish, I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere of Asia and eastern Europe. In some Asian countries there is naturally a language barrier.

Poland I only visited shortly. Maybe the people are a little more "tricky" than Ukrainians? I have heard smaller places can be good for girl chasing, even though I assume Polish girls live so close to many European capitals that I will not attract them by being exotic.

I also dress like a traveller. (But absolutely not like a hippie.) You would maybe call it a bit sloppy. I dont really know how much that affects these girls' impression of you. I am no expert on eastern Europe even though I have visited. Many guys there just wear "leather jacket and jeans" is my impression. (Buying designer clothes to try to impress girls would not be my way.) I met some eastern European people that looked sloppy to me, like som (nice) Czechs.

Maybe I have become too adapted to southeastern Asia. But I thought I would give eastern Europe another shot.

Well. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go and what to do, how to stay etc.

Thanks for reading up to here. I appreciate any suggestions, particularly regarding destinations.

Honestly, and i am making a sweeping assumption based on a little info, but i feel that Eastern Europe would be too harsh on you and some women there would eat you alive.

Depending on how much out of your comfort zone you want to step, and how much youre winning to work on yourself.

But safest bet for you now is Asia i think.

I appreciate your comment, Beirut.

Could you please give some examples of situations that could be harsh and where they could "eat me alive"?

S.E. Asia is a slum literally, especially those in villages. Lowly educated and lack of basic infrastructure. If you think this is what you want, think twice and hard. Your options should be sticking to Europe, the lowest you wanna go is LatAm. Don't settle anything less than that.

@jayko (Sorry, quote button doesn't function)

I have lived in different SEA countries for many years. Also made long trips in other parts of the world. So I know I can take it here.

Thailand, Malaysia I would not call slum. Singapore of course not. I have so many friends in different countries here that I don't want to go into the matter. I can take a few potholes in the road when I drive my rented bike. I like the Buddhist attitude, respect for human life.

I am completely new with this forum. But I think it is more about LatAm and eastern Europe than SEA. I wondered why. I didn't think it would be the reasons you quote. But I am not sure. I thought the guys here didn't like the skinny Asian girls. Or maybe the guys here are not so used to Asia. It takes more adaptation than LatAm or eastern Europe, imho. Languages, thinking, climate ...

If you've travelled all over the place, you probably don't need our help to decide where to settle.

I suggest you journal on it. Make top 10 lists about what you are looking for in life, what type of a woman you prefer, etc. Then compare how different locations suit your needs.

I'm the King of Beijing!

@Suits
Structuring is a good idea. I have been traveling with these thoughts in mind for many years. But still difficult to make lists and math of the rankings.

But I need help with eastern Europe. I have not visited Bulgaria, Romania, Moldavia, Belarus. I have not been to Georgia.

I have not visited Balkan so much. My impression is that the Serbian lookers would not be interested in a traveller like me. I am reasonably fit but not alpha male behavior, big biceps or designer clothes. But I may misjudge since I haven't been there. Balkan girls look really hot.

Which country should I choose to start my explorations? Many of my Facebook acquaintances seem to live in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. (But I don't know them at all. They may not receive me.) Would it be a good idea to go there and try to chat to girls in the streets?

Is Belarus really cut off and girls longing for a foreign man? [Image: wink.gif]
The Russian lookers are probably reserved for super rich Russian guys?

Dude, just take 2 months and hit a few countries in EE. It's not much more expensive than SEA. Everyone has their own preferences. The only one that can tell you where you want to live is you.

@Slay it Forward
You're right, of course. I just try to get an idea before I go, what these countries could be like. What differences they have and how I should approach them.

I read a little and might go to Bulgaria first.

What I am looking for in eastern Europe would be a moderatly expensive place with relaxed atmosphere and girls easy to connect to. Maybe not a hectic clubbing place with many tourists. Tourist monuments are not needed. I appreciate closeness to nature. My Russian is only very basic but I think I could live with some language problems.

In any country there is naturally a contradiction between my wishes of "free of tourists" and "local people open to foreigners". This is since the locals often become more open to foreigners by meeting tourists. (But also sometimes get tired of the tourists and mostly see them as "walking wallets", at least in economically less developed countries highly geared towards tourism industry. But naturally every local isn't like that.) But if you're lucky you find a place that is a good compromise.

But of course, if the place is small and traditional you are less likely to be able to date girls and take them out.

In EE you need Game. Not as much as in the West obviously. But, as the old credit card ad goes, "Don't leave home without it."

My guess is the same is true in LatAm, though I've never been.

In SEA you may be coasting on not being, or looking, like a local. Even there though, Game would definitely help.

TL;DR - Go learn Game.

@GoodT, I m posting using Mobile phone, guess quote isn't working.

Well , to be frank. I myself is from eastern Malaysia, I wouldn't called Malaysia is good or anything near first world. They are areas where there are still lack of basic infrastructure and basic health care. corruption is rampage. If the fund is allocated, I m sure it is not as bad. But here is what I can said as a true blue local. Your chance of getting a decent Malaysia women is higher in city, but do bear in mind, city girls are having expectations no less than western girls. As they are exposed to western media and culture since young. And I also spent More than a decade in Singapore, it is a good hunting ground for white man, but what you get is western minded girl with skinny features that you already mentioned. You can hardly find any traditional girls in Singapore. At the end of the day, you want to find some one who has the character that is compatible. Coming from your northern Europe background, I guess Singapore or Malaysia city girls would standout among others SEA countries. But do open your eyes for those who are gold digger, or see you as a ticket to Europe . Due to myself as a local. My opinion maybe bias. But given a choice, I would pick eastern Europe or LatAm chick anytime. As the culture difference is lesser. Having live in Asia, is not the same as having a partner who is an Asian. Think it through. And good luck

[262 wrote ...]
(forum software works really fine and quick with the phone, it's just that darn quote button ... [Image: wink.gif]

Ok, discussing game is one part of my question. But I admit I don't know so much about it and I hope I can still get girls in EE.

I don't practice the game. I just never learnt it. In a group with gamers I would probably be lost. So I chase alone. I just think many girls are smart. They see through a lot of the gaming. They just evaluate what the guy can do for them. Like financially short time; financially long time if there is marriage or relation; social status (which can go both ways - in some situations, to drag a foreigner around may lift their social status, in others it may lower it).

Maybe I am like the old Daoist fisherman that fishes without a hook. "You can't force the fish to be caught. They will come when they are ready" [Image: wink.gif]

But of course many play the game. I was exposed to it a lot by Philippine girls. But maybe since I don't play the game, it doesn't work on me so well either. If a Pinaya acts up I just get another one.

The Pinaya Internet chat girls are full of tricks. That works well on guys that haven't lived in PI and get exposed to the tricks over Internet.

I admit much of my experience is from SEA (to which PI does not fully belong in this aspect). And to my experience, girls here in SEA just evaluate the guy's economic, social situation etc and act on that. Alpha, beta, gamma, wordplay doesn't mean so much. In PI the foreigner maybe gets a little more from "cool behaviour, looks and clothes" but in my opinion, basically "money talks". Also a stable relation is appreciated by some, but many tricks to avoid in PI.

A little bit like friendship in China. Competition is so hard you can't afford to spend time and money on friendship if it doesn't pay off in money or in other ways.

Just an anecdote. In PI I knew many people from the streets. One street girl told a story about another street girl: A good looking Spanish guy with "self confidence" came to PI without too much experience. He said to my friend's friend "Why should I pay you to go home with me? A guy like me doesnt need to pay for that."

So the girl went home with the guy without being paid. But as soon as he fell asleep she cleared out the room of valuables and disappeared before he woke up.

I have traveled extensively in S.Am. I met girls there but fewer than in SEA. I felt I could let that wait until I got onto easier grounds in SEA (or Africa). Also practical. I am not sure the guesthouses I stayed in would have accepted girls as easily as the same level guesthouses in Asia.

Basically economy must be important. Argentinian and Chilean girls can earn reasonable money from a job. A Cubana can not and will be easy, and also wants to get off the island.

OK I go a little astray from my original question for help with EE.

If I dont find girls in EE I will still enjoy the trip and go back to SEA for girls.

It is a complicated discussion. You must also separate the cases with girl for short time relation or for long time relation. I had just had the impression that this forum was much about getting laid often with good looking girls. But when I skipped through the PI-thread they emphasized girls with education from top schools etc.

After long time in SEA I feel life is easier in Thailand, Cambodia, PI, even Myanmar, than in my home country. Returning to northern Europe may happen one day, but at that time out of necessity, need for free medicare or taking care of my few belongings maybe. Visa extension hangs over you here in most countries, but can almost always be solved.

But much craptalk towards foreigner in SEA. (Anyone (man or woman,) that does not hope to marry you may crap talk you. [Image: smile.gif] ) In EE I remember having more "cultivated discussions" with both men and women.

@jayko
Interesting to read your post.

Eastern Malaysia. I am used to loud mouthed, chaotic Muslims, like in Africa. But Kota Baru is silent and organized. One guy closely tried to run me over with a car there. Almost a little creepy place for an outsider. [Image: wink.gif]

But you are friendly of course. Thanks for valuable comments, I appreciate. I also made good friends in Kota Baru. I think one girl, alone in the street there, was flirting with me, but the only part of her body visible was a narrow square around her eyes. She seemed attractive though.

I also sometimes wonder how high the "level" would be in Malaysia if they hadn't stumbled over oil. Now the Malays, Indians, Chinese are barely kept together by Islam and a feeling of belonging to a select few since they can own a car and fill it up with gas @ 50 c/liter [Image: wink.gif] Ok I'm joking and guessing a little here. You can correct me. I am no expert on Malaysia. But I strongly feel I will never be accepted in a Muslim country and have therefore temporarily ruled out Malaysia for settling, even though visa regulations etc are good.

KLIA (airport) is super modern and could receive the loads of tourists the government hopes to attract. But when I have passed through, few planes have been moving and the big buildings were not filled with passengers. Those are just impressions, but I guess you just can't build a Pattaya or Phuket in a Muslim country. The boardwalks of Taman Negara only attract a certian number of two week honeymooners. But of course, some foreigners decide to settle in Malaysia with an easily obtainable retirement visa.

Naturally much depends on what kind of relation you seek. Looking for pay for play in a strictly Muslim country is doomed. I remember disastrous attempts to look for massage in Penang and Kuching. KL is probably too big for me to consider settling in. But well organized.

I feel I have bridged much of the gap to Buddhist countries but will never be accepted in Muslim culture.

Singapore is too expensive and too crowded for me. I often stay in Chinatowns, like in KL, but I even avoided Chinatown in Singapore last time and stayed in Little India. I did so trying to avoid the strong disrespect against people with northern European (and probably many other) looks. I am not sure it helped. You see this disrespect towards foreigner in many places in Singapore and elsewhere in Asia. More where Chinese culture is heavy, like in f.ex Singapore.

And it is not only about normal respect. It is about being able to hold an ordinary discussion with people. The culturally formed differences in opinion just make the discussion more fun if respect exists. I have had such discussions many times in China and occasionally (seldom) even with Muslims, when I met the right people.

Of course cultural level is high in EE. It feels good if the girl and you can laugh at the same kind of jokes. But I am not sure I need a girl that knows history, philosophy, plays chess ... Definitely not for short time relation. Maybe not even for someone I hope will take care of me as I get old. It might even be "too much" if she knows more than I do and flaunts it [Image: wink.gif]

As you get older you get softer. I don't mind a Pinaya putting a picture in Facebook of Jollibee fastfood and posting "Thank you for the meal". Those girls know what a guy appreciates. [Image: smile.gif]

If I decide on a girl in SEA, I may keep myself busy working on learning her language.

EE guys more straight forward than Asians. They live in a high culture society with developed economy, and can therefore feel relaxed, maybe. Physically those guys are big and have no inferiority complex, fortunately they are friendly. At least Slavic guys seem friendly I think. I am not sure about Serbs and Balkan. (I may not use "Slavic" correctly here.)

I agree with what you write about compatible characters. Also the difference between city and rural area regarding development. Thai people have bridged that to some extent. Also Malaysians more than surrounding countries I think.

Corruption is rampant in Asia. But a foreigner, paying guesthouses, paying visas, chasing girls, does not see it as much as you and other locals do when you "make business and meet authorities".

Many good points in your post jayko. Being exotic is an important factor. After long time in Asia I now start looking back on European girls that I haven't met for long time.

After mant years here I feel more comfortable in SEA than in northern Europe. I will not provide an easy ticket to Europe for the girl, not in the near future at least. I will stay abroad.

My decision now is to live abroad as long as possible. Maybe until the need for (free) medicare forces me back to my country in northern Europe.

Thanks for a good post jayko.

Thanks for the replies that have come and hopefully willl come. I must get on the move a little. I will read all with great interest but my replies may be a little delayed.

Where is a good place to settle? Naturally very individual, of course. But the factors involved can be discussed.

Are you beta?
Do you like ugly, low quality girls?
Are you socially awkward and borderline poverty status?

If so, Asia is for you.

A real man with game would already be in EE.

Quote: (02-06-2016 11:38 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Are you beta?
Do you like ugly, low quality girls?
Are you socially awkward and borderline poverty status?

If so, Asia is for you.

A real man with game would already be in EE.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-06-2016 09:20 PM)GoodT Wrote:  

@jayko
Interesting to read your post.

Eastern Malaysia. I am used to loud mouthed, chaotic Muslims, like in Africa. But Kota Baru is silent and organized. One guy closely tried to run me over with a car there. Almost a little creepy place for an outsider. [Image: wink.gif]

But you are friendly of course. Thanks for valuable comments, I appreciate. I also made good friends in Kota Baru. I think one girl, alone in the street there, was flirting with me, but the only part of her body visible was a narrow square around her eyes. She seemed attractive though.

I also sometimes wonder how high the "level" would be in Malaysia if they hadn't stumbled over oil. Now the Malays, Indians, Chinese are barely kept together by Islam and a feeling of belonging to a select few since they can own a car and fill it up with gas @ 50 c/liter [Image: wink.gif] Ok I'm joking and guessing a little here. You can correct me. I am no expert on Malaysia. But I strongly feel I will never be accepted in a Muslim country and have therefore temporarily ruled out Malaysia for settling, even though visa regulations etc are good.

KLIA (airport) is super modern and could receive the loads of tourists the government hopes to attract. But when I have passed through, few planes have been moving and the big buildings were not filled with passengers. Those are just impressions, but I guess you just can't build a Pattaya or Phuket in a Muslim country. The boardwalks of Taman Negara only attract a certian number of two week honeymooners. But of course, some foreigners decide to settle in Malaysia with an easily obtainable retirement visa.

Naturally much depends on what kind of relation you seek. Looking for pay for play in a strictly Muslim country is doomed. I remember disastrous attempts to look for massage in Penang and Kuching. KL is probably too big for me to consider settling in. But well organized.

I feel I have bridged much of the gap to Buddhist countries but will never be accepted in Muslim culture.

Singapore is too expensive and too crowded for me. I often stay in Chinatowns, like in KL, but I even avoided Chinatown in Singapore last time and stayed in Little India. I did so trying to avoid the strong disrespect against people with northern European (and probably many other) looks. I am not sure it helped. You see this disrespect towards foreigner in many places in Singapore and elsewhere in Asia. More where Chinese culture is heavy, like in f.ex Singapore.

And it is not only about normal respect. It is about being able to hold an ordinary discussion with people. The culturally formed differences in opinion just make the discussion more fun if respect exists. I have had such discussions many times in China and occasionally (seldom) even with Muslims, when I met the right people.

Of course cultural level is high in EE. It feels good if the girl and you can laugh at the same kind of jokes. But I am not sure I need a girl that knows history, philosophy, plays chess ... Definitely not for short time relation. Maybe not even for someone I hope will take care of me as I get old. It might even be "too much" if she knows more than I do and flaunts it [Image: wink.gif]

As you get older you get softer. I don't mind a Pinaya putting a picture in Facebook of Jollibee fastfood and posting "Thank you for the meal". Those girls know what a guy appreciates. [Image: smile.gif]

If I decide on a girl in SEA, I may keep myself busy working on learning her language.

EE guys more straight forward than Asians. They live in a high culture society with developed economy, and can therefore feel relaxed, maybe. Physically those guys are big and have no inferiority complex, fortunately they are friendly. At least Slavic guys seem friendly I think. I am not sure about Serbs and Balkan. (I may not use "Slavic" correctly here.)

I agree with what you write about compatible characters. Also the difference between city and rural area regarding development. Thai people have bridged that to some extent. Also Malaysians more than surrounding countries I think.

Corruption is rampant in Asia. But a foreigner, paying guesthouses, paying visas, chasing girls, does not see it as much as you and other locals do when you "make business and meet authorities".

Many good points in your post jayko. Being exotic is an important factor. After long time in Asia I now start looking back on European girls that I haven't met for long time.

After mant years here I feel more comfortable in SEA than in northern Europe. I will not provide an easy ticket to Europe for the girl, not in the near future at least. I will stay abroad.

My decision now is to live abroad as long as possible. Maybe until the need for (free) medicare forces me back to my country in northern Europe.

Thanks for a good post jayko.

Thanks for the replies that have come and hopefully willl come. I must get on the move a little. I will read all with great interest but my replies may be a little delayed.

Where is a good place to settle? Naturally very individual, of course. But the factors involved can be discussed.

I never travelled to Muslim country, coming from from Muslim nation, it is a lesson learnt to stay out from it.
Kota Bahru is in muslim dominant state and practises syahriah law. best is to stay of those muslim majority states.

As you are awared off , they are many ethnics here, in eastern Malaysia, they are majority aboriginal which are Christian, and Chinese is
2nd biggest majority ethnic, Muslim is less compare to Pennisular Malaysia. Oils for sure is the major pillar of the economy beside agricultural,
and others (Minerals, Timber, light industries). Oils is cheap here, but the price fluctuate according to market price. as of now, Diesel is the
cheapest, it is U$0.3245/litre, every country that want you in is after your money, that is the universal law. But one thing is certain.
Malaysia is a race based country without a question. If you are non-Malay Muslim, that mean you are auto relegated to third class citizen.
2nd class citizen reserved for Muslim foreigner. so that pretty much ruled out anyone who are foreigner and non-muslim here.

In my entire time, I guess I have only been to KLIA twice, LCCT twice at most, there is no business for me to travel to that part of the world, I was
in Singapore most of the time. you can't build the Thailand equivalent of Pattaya or Phuket in Malaysia, not only because it is a Muslim country,
But it is runs by crony capitalists. Where Thailand is open the foreign investor and making themselves the detroit is the SEA. Malaysia is the opposite, protective towards its own Auto industries, it doesn't encourage
competition but shielding businesses with protective laws that can only survive inside test tubes. Guess I have painted much of the negative light here,
But that is fact. I certainly do not see myself staying long term here which explained I am sourcing for better alternative places to migrate.

When I first visited Singapore, it was late 90s, population was at 3 Millions +/-, when I left last year, it was 5 Millions +, their forever chasing of GDP number
is going to ruin this country, with high influx of foreigners that share no cultures with the locals much less any possibility to integrate. with big populations,
metro system is having frequent breakdown, public housing price rocketed through the roof, car ownership is a symbol of status, landed property is next to impossible. basically
Singapore is playground for tycoons. As for your experience in Singapore, I m not sure why such stuffs happened to you, basically the chicks treat white as their trophy bf.
I am pretty sure, most people here do feel the same. In what sense you felt disrespect? maybe you can elaborate a little?

I find that most chicks couldn't careless with philosophy, economy or world affairs, much of the hype has been centre around drama, fashion if not reality tv. Current education and the MSM
playing a big part in creating this dumb down serfs which serve the best interest of rulling elites. Talk to any girl on Federal Reserve, my bet is probably only one out of ten know what that really is.

I find that a wife-to-be has to be on the same frequency and hence able to hold ordinary discussion pertaining to family issues,financial planning, kids future and stuffs.
As you get older you get softer, I am not sure that is applicable to me, I am in my late 30s, as one get older, you gain financial independent and broader world view, that make you in position to leverage and
not settle for anything below your expectation. I don't know much on pinoy, but in Singapore, there are mostly working as maids. the local tend to paint them in negative light. Weekend in Orchard Road
you get to see Pinoy maid with Bangladesh boy friends hanging out all over the places. it doesn't help much either for sure. As an Asian, I m more gravitated towards Europe, I have no interest
in visiting SEA countries, nor any Asia countries except for HK and China.

One thing for sure, Chicks from less developed countries always looking to marry up as a way to escape poverty and some even abuse it. Now that men have learnt it and would naturally ask, what can they bring to the table?
if she ain't bringing anything, it is just another case of pump and dump.

As what other have suggested in this thread, EE is your best bet, but may I ask which part of the world you are currently in?

Glad to learn some life experience and sharing it with the community here, and not to worry, feel free to reply when you are available and Thanks for your informative reply. Cheers.

@jayko, and everyone
Thanks for your informative reply.

When you said eastern Malaysia I thought of the east coast, not Borneo. I remember getting drunk with the former headhunters up the Rejang river, with the skulls of their fallen enemies hanging from the ceiling. Great guys but not a place to settle. Chinese also spoken in almost every corner of Sarawak.

So the Western visitor (non Muslim foreigner) is relegated to a low social class in Malaysia? (I just feel "severly on the outside" in any Muslim areas.)

I was too short writing on Singapore:

A foreigner is constantly provoked physically in many areas with Chinese culture, even in Singapore. Singapore may have more developed legislation, but in mainland China, a Chinese attacking a foreigner will at best be forced to pay the foreigner's hospital bill, nothing more. A foreigner repeatedly calling the police will be regarded a problem and may lose visa extension. I am used to that situation but do not wish to grow old in such an environment. (But unlike LatAm they will not come with a knife or a gun.)

But of course I could avoid walking certain streets and take taxi instead.

The Singaporean girls I might get lucky with. I haven't tried so much.

Adding a crowded city built on a limited area, having very high living costs. Singapore doesn't feel like the first option.

Southern ridges is a nice hike. But nature options get fewer in a big city of course. Maybe there are more than I know of.

Also the proud attitude, but that I could live with. I think I can safely say that if you had been native Singaporean you would never say that EE has higher culture?

Interesting to hear your opinions based on long experiece. F.ex Malaysian protectionism contra Thai situation. The Thai are a proud, almost stuck up people, but have admittedly managed to build an economy around more than tourism. Also safe, clean, good medicare etc

I dont feel the need to discuss the Federal Reserve with my future wife. I think I prefer if she focuses on our family. Sorry, I'm old fashioned. Maybe I am wrong too and will have a boring marriage.

Girls are "cultivated" in different ways. My Ukrainian Fb contacts seem to take pictures with high esthetical value. The Bulgarian do fitness. But maybe these are just coincidences.

But many Asian girls look fantastic without fitness regime [Image: wink.gif] [Image: smile.gif]

Southern Chinese girls can (like any educated Chinese) converse about many things but spitting and shouting in ugly dialect in cell phone detracts from the impression.

Burmese girls can be pretty nice, but life is restricted there.

Vietnamese girls can be cheeky and funny but are not allowed to be that with foreigner within Vietnam due to social(-ist) pressure.

The factors you mention in a wife are important. But to me I have always though it was enough if they have a soft behavior, are reliable, take care of family seriously. But maybe I haven't thought this through enough. I have focused on FIRST finding a suitable place and then a wife. If you fall in love with a girl in the wrong place you get an additional problem. The simple girl doesn't need to bring so much to the family? Isn't the simple girl good wife material, at least as long as she has good behavior? We have to go to the musical "My Fair Lady" for reference, maybe [Image: smile.gif]

The never ending discussion about bar girls as wives come in here. I say some of them have learnt what Western men like and I think they could make good wives. At least they don't have Western women's ideas that they should only be appreciated based on their intellect or whatever.

I just drift around SEA and other areas and should make a decision where to settle before I get too old and immobile. I more and more try to focus on places that I feel are serious candidates for settling, but often solve any small feeling of discomfort the way a traveler does - just buy a ticket somewhere else.

Thanks for all comments. I still wait for suggestions on EE. I think Bulgaria may be a good start. Most of the following countries I haven't visited but this is what I guess from reading:

Romania - too tricky people, I have heard (but I don't know if it will really pose a problem, I dont do business or frequent tourist monuments so often, but if every taxi ride is a haggle it wears on you). Seems more expensive than Ukraine? Gypsies are too loud for me. - Ok, I admit lacking knowledge of this country.

Ukraine - a good choice, I have already been there and may go back

Hungary - Too expensive and maybe too many tourists. But people open to foreigners. Maybe a good choice if you go to smaller place?

Georgia - too traditional?

Belarus - too expensive, otherwise possible, a moderate language barrier is acceptable

Russia? Expensive and visa a little difficult? Pretty down to earth people, still high culture and sense of humor understandable to me and many other Westerners.

I think the cost of living is an important factor. I am not dirt poor and could live in a more expensive hotel for a while if this is needed for exploring the area. But if I decide to settle in a place, it will definitely make a difference in many ways if monthly "food and rent" are around $700 or oppositely around $1400, just as very rough examples. This difference will also reflect in leisure activities etc. Setting up your basic economy with a margin is a good idea.

I look forward to hearing your and others' comments, on EE and other things.

Thanks for your interesting points.

Regards

Quote: (02-10-2016 04:09 AM)GoodT Wrote:  

I was too short writing on Singapore:

A foreigner is constantly provoked physically in many areas with Chinese culture, even in Singapore. Singapore may have more developed legislation, but in mainland China, a Chinese attacking a foreigner will at best be forced to pay the foreigner's hospital bill, nothing more. A foreigner repeatedly calling the police will be regarded a problem and may lose visa extension. I am used to that situation but do not wish to grow old in such an environment. (But unlike LatAm they will not come with a knife or a gun.)

But of course I could avoid walking certain streets and take taxi instead.

[Image: kqiu9.gif]

As a person who has been living in a very Chinese party of the world for five years over my life, I can confirm that being attacked by local residents is not a serious worry here.

I'm confident that the risk of being a victim of violence in China is much lower than in the US and probably Canada, even if you are a visible minority.

Of course, if you go looking for trouble or do dumb things, the sky is the limit.

I feel far safer living in China than I did in the USA (where I also lived for five years).

I can't argue that being an outsider in China doesn't have its disadvantages, but being a local without significant sources of power and influence is probably far worse.

Being an outsider also comes with certain advantages.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I will add to the equation Latin America.

I'm a fluent Russian speaker, so Ukraine and Russia are the obvious choice.

Basically as all the forum members already said before, the best places are in SEA, EE and Latin America.

EE:

Russia - Not sure about this option because many say it's expensive, but I think it's not true unless it's Moscow

Ukraine - There is a conflict and some places don't like Russian speakers

Bulgaria - The language is close to Russian, easy to learn, cheap

Serbia - The language is easy for a Russian speaker, cheap

SEA:

Thailand - For obvious reasons

LA:

Cuba - Could be nice but the internet sucks

Colombia - The only reasonable option in SA

Thanks pizdets. I have visited the countries you mention. (Not Serbia and Bulgaria) I agree a lot.

Santo Domingo has a resent towards white. The resorts of DR I don't know.

Costa Rica is usually put on these lists. Incredible nature especially for a small country. Relaxed "Ticos".

Buenos Aires is ok.
Many say Montevideo is good. But almost a rural feeling of keeping outsiders out, to some extent, imho.

@ pizdets and others
What can you say about Serbia?
Is it very different from the "Slavic", melancholic meditative Russian, Czechs etc
Are the Serbs hotspurs?
(I must check that I don't abuse the word "Slavic".)

^What is your home country? Serbs don't like Americans

Quote: (02-10-2016 06:05 AM)pizdets Wrote:  

I got nothing but love from Serbians as a American there... I found Serbia to have the second friendliest people in an country I have been to.... trailing only to the Philippines

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

@ pizdets and Cr33pin Thanks for your points.

I come from northern Europe.

Sorry for irregular replies. My Internet connection falls away often now.

Quote: (02-10-2016 06:54 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2016 06:05 AM)pizdets Wrote:  

I got nothing but love from Serbians as a American there... I found Serbia to have the second friendliest people in an country I have been to.... trailing only to the Philippines

Is it useful to learn the local language in EE countries or English is enough? places like Serbia, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Romania.
I spoke to Serbs outside of Serbia, but never been to Serbia