rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Master Man Beard Thread

[Image: f183bb43fc57d64e816c900fe029b169.jpg]

There are threads about beards ranging from beard transplants and rogaine for beards, to women rocking beards and how to get vomit out of beards. Lets consolidate all beard matters to the master beard thread.

2016 is the yeard for the beard for me... I don't intend to shave all year. However I am struggling on some pretty important daily activities already with my 3 or 4 month old untamed and out of control beard. Such as eating and drinking with out getting food and drink all in my stache.... Also being in Asia I can't find regular beard oil to tame the beast on my face. Anyone with tips or tricks to having a epic beard please share them in this thread. I like the look of my stache right now, but I can't go on living life like this. Any help would be appreciated

#BeardGoals
[Image: fed16efd8816400892194ea3c6b17c39.jpg]
For all you well dressed blokes
[Image: beard_and_suit_large.jpg?5135412995370797101]
[Image: tumblr_n6ue7zTT5a1qkbpm3o1_1280.jpg]
I'ma tell you something and don't think that I'm weird. I eat leftover food, that gets stuck in my beard.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Can I grow facial hair with Rogaine on areas of my face where I have never grown (visible) facial hair?

A large area between my sideburns and chin/mustache is completely shiny.

I probably grow a little unmatured hair but it's very thin and not even in my hair color (black) so it's completely invisible.

Over the years I have adjusted my style to go along with this but I'd rather have clean shaving as an option rather than necessity.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

I've been doing the beard for almost 2 years now but never grown it longer then 1cm. I get some dandruff or dead skin in the beard and its quite annoying. Lately what I found that helps if ofcourse as for everything apple cider vinegar and also just scrubbing it in the shower.

Generally I like the beard alot and girls like it also. But since I have also dark hair, dark eyes etc after the refugee blow up in Europe I can see that people are little bit more cautious and last sunday I was stopped in Norwegian boarder for 1 hour when they checked my ID and searched the car etc. I think this wouldn't have happened last year probably..

Quote: (02-04-2016 07:42 AM)the Thing Wrote:  

Can I grow facial hair with Rogaine on areas of my face where I have never grown (visible) facial hair?

A large area between my sideburns and chin/mustache is completely shiny.

I probably grow a little unmatured hair but it's very thin and not even in my hair color (black) so it's completely invisible.

Over the years I have adjusted my style to go along with this but I'd rather have clean shaving as an option rather than necessity.

I've wondered if anyone has tried this too, always wanted a real beard and wondered if Minoxadil would jump start it. I've never been able to grow hair on my face for shit, and what does come out looks like hell in tiny whiskers.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (02-04-2016 07:44 AM)evilhei Wrote:  

I've been doing the beard for almost 2 years now but never grown it longer then 1cm. I get some dandruff or dead skin in the beard and its quite annoying. Lately what I found that helps if ofcourse as for everything apple cider vinegar and also just scrubbing it in the shower.

Generally I like the beard alot and girls like it also. But since I have also dark hair, dark eyes etc after the refugee blow up in Europe I can see that people are little bit more cautious and last sunday I was stopped in Norwegian boarder for 1 hour when they checked my ID and searched the car etc. I think this wouldn't have happened last year probably..

I have been growing mine for about a year and a half without shaving.

The bolded is one of the reasons people use beard oil. The oil helps to keep that skin from losing moisture and that prevents the skin from drying out and flaking. It also helps to brush your beard once a day when it's dry to get rid of dead skin.

Don't let any soap or shampoo get in your beard either. That stuff is rough on your facial skin when it gets trapped in there.

"Who cares what I think?" - Jeb Bush

Quote: (02-04-2016 10:17 AM)Bear Hands Wrote:  

Don't let any soap or shampoo get in your beard either. That stuff is rough on your facial skin when it gets trapped in there.

I've used mostly organic shampoo/conditioner in my beard, I know there's other stuff you can use also. I wash it every other week.

I have beard oil but I just hate the fucking residue it leaves, I've formed a habit of stroking my beard to so it'd leave my fingers all oily.

I think there's actually a beard soap I might try out.

#teambeard

I've been on and off about growing a beard for a few years. My facial hair grows so uneven that it makes my face look weird if I don't trim it up with a pair of clippers.

The mustache grows in a lot slower than the beard too. Should I leave the mustache and trim up the rest of my face? Any tips would be appreciated.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Cr33pin I'd retitle this The Master Beard Thread

Since only men grow beards, aside from the occasional bearded lady. [Image: lol.gif]

My current look is pretty much like pic 2, beard and woolly hat. Always had a beard since I could grow one. Stopped trimming the beard about a month ago, finally got the 'monopoly man' twirl at the ends of my tache. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Team beard for the win.

What beard oil do you chaps recommend?

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

I've noticed that, during the Industrial Revolution, when men were inventing shit, colonising shit and just generally getting their shit locked down tight, most were wearing waistcoats and beards. It was the done thing for such captains of industry to climb to a nearby vantage point, look down upon their works and nod sagely.

Since both went out of fashion, we've witnessed the decline of Western civilisation, brutalist architecture and emo music becoming a thing.

I hope that now both beards and waistcoats are coming back, we may finally be turning a corner back to the light.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Quote: (02-04-2016 07:36 PM)Praetor Lupus Wrote:  

I've noticed that, during the Industrial Revolution, when men were inventing shit, colonising shit and just generally getting their shit locked down tight, most were wearing waistcoats and beards. It was the done thing for such captains of industry to climb to a nearby vantage point, look down upon their works and nod sagely.

Since both went out of fashion, we've witnessed the decline of Western civilisation, brutalist architecture and emo music becoming a thing.

I hope that now both beards and waistcoats are coming back, we may finally be turning a corner back to the light.

Big problem, it's being adapted by hipsters, models, male feminists, and all around men who can't even change a fucking tire, let alone chop a tree down with a chainsaw or install brake pads.

Both Beards & Waistcoats are fashion statements.

Your actions as a man speak louder than a beard or waistcoat ever could.

Quote: (02-04-2016 01:46 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Cr33pin I'd retitle this The Master Beard Thread

Since only men grow beards, aside from the occasional bearded lady. [Image: lol.gif]
WB
[Image: 30-Female-Celebrities-with-Beards-027.jpg]

I was googling pics for "badass bald guy" for a thread about bald guys on here. An I found a pic of a bald guy that was buff and was rocking a big beard and a handlebar stache....(I can't find it again and that makes me sad) I'm not gonna lie, it was my motivation to grow a big beard. Can you rock the handlebars and not look like a hipster homo?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

^^^^^

Have muscles and don't dress like a hipster homo.

You do realize that "growing out a beard" doesn't necessarily mean "never cut or shape it in any way, ever"? Yeah sure you're not supposed to cut the LENGTH of the beard when you're growing it out, but you should still maintain it by letting a barber shape it since it doesn't grow out evenly. There's no reason to look like a hobo when you are on your way to get a long beard. Trim the stray hairs, give the beard a shape, condition it with beard oil, moisturize the skin underneath, comb it, dab some wax into it to shape it if you want

I have dark hair and get ginger hairs in my beard if it grows for more than 2 weeks ish, so no beard for me

I get lined up every other week, clean up near my cheek bones, neck, any stray hairs, make sure to trim my upper lip also.

I love getting a single blade shave from the barber. I never shave anymore, less chemicals and stress to my face.

My beard is stripped. It goes from gray to black to gray to black and back to gray. I tell chicks its not gray, and that I got platinum highlights. Or I'll call it my Leroy bin Laden beard. Being in good physical shape, and dark skinned people guess my age at mid to late 30's and not late 40's. I keep it trimmed because gray hairs don't grow in like regular hair. Gray hairs grow in however they fucking feel like. Some are curly, some are straight, and some are wavy. So to prevent my beard from looking like a mad scientist's eyebrows I trim it. I'm actually thinking about coloring in some of the gray on the sides, and leaving the grey in the goatee area.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (02-05-2016 01:59 PM)vinman Wrote:  

My beard is stripped. It goes from gray to black to gray to black and back to gray. I tell chicks its not gray, and that I got platinum highlights. Or I'll call it my Leroy bin Laden beard. Being in good physical shape, and dark skinned people guess my age at mid to late 30's and not late 40's. I keep it trimmed because gray hairs don't grow in like regular hair. Gray hairs grow in however they fucking feel like. Some are curly, some are straight, and some are wavy. So to prevent my beard from looking like a mad scientist's eyebrows I trim it. I'm actually thinking about coloring in some of the gray on the sides, and leaving the grey in the goatee area.

Doubling down on the fuckery.

I've got some grey hairs but on the sides of my head, I color those for now, haven't had any gray creep into my beard, I did have one random grey hair though.

I've had a small beard ever since I could have one that didn't look patchy. I had shoulder length hair and long beard when I was at college but that lasted about a week when I started working.

Lying on your back under a tractor with you hair dragging along an oily dusty floor = black walls in the shower and half a bottle of shampoo every night.

So I cut it all off and now run the victor pride DIY buzz cut and clipped and edged beard. Going bald now so the days of Jesus hair are gone but Ill grow beard out when there is no chance of getting under a garbage compactor again.

Quote: (02-05-2016 01:59 PM)vinman Wrote:  

Mine does the same thing. More grey along one side of my jaw. I've thought about dyeing but also feel 'who gives a fuck' and am just keeping it in a length range that feels good. Sometimes thicker, sometimes thinner. I express myself through my beard without having to get obsessed with it. Sometimes I shave clean, enjoy it (somewhat) and let the hair grow back. Had past shoulder-length hair but when that started to get in my way working / sleeping / fucking, I cut it. It might grow back but right now I like the clean but rough look.

I'd say the sooner you embrace your hair, the more clearly you're saying "I'm a fucking man and I've earned these greys." Having just crossed 40, I'm embracing 'older man/mentor' game instead of trying to look/act 28 or 32. Hate to say, but IMO dying a beard is more a hipster move than being natural. Whatever you do, own it and fuck the rest.

Quote: (02-05-2016 12:25 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

I have dark hair and get ginger hairs in my beard if it grows for more than 2 weeks ish, so no beard for me

That's Neanderthal gene expression (red hair in my mostly-dark beard too) which is a good thing in my book. Don't buy the anti-Thal 'caveman' hype. Blonde hairs too.

I'd call yourself lucky and work it into a conversation. "Look, we share an Ice Age ancestor." But then again I have a thing for gingers.

What about the beard clippers you guys are using? I currently have some 30 bucks Wahl but its not very good, not very powerful and hurts the skin as I need to cut it many times etc. Ive been thinking getting a new one, something more expensive. What models would you suggests?

Not sure how you're hurting yourself with a beard clipper unless going too close, or moving too fast. I use a Wahl also, model 9864L bought a year ago. Like this but in black:
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Cordless-Rech...B00009RF1E

I keep it at setting 1-2 for shorter looks or 3+ if I want longer. I would review some beard growing sites but probably good to condition your beard some hours before trimming but not so much you get the clippers oily. Take your time and trim in the direction the hairs want to follow, not against the grain (so down more than up). Beard care needs to be a daily ritual if you want it to look and feel good. Jojoba oil seems well received and you can buy inexpensively. May also be easier on your skin vs. prepared conditioner blends if you're sensitive to chemicals.

I like henna for coloring your beard if you have a little gray. It's a natural clay so there's no harmful chemicals:

[Image: 3770d6751008d2762aa7e6177902b1db.jpg]

For "beard oil" I use coconut oil. It's the best moisturizer I've found. It's good for conditioning your hair and skin.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Anybody else's beard changes colors depending on lighting or humidity/heat? The part of the beard closest to my lips and chin tends to be brown, red, or blonde dependent. Other people have noticed this too.

I also just keep a sharpened knife to edge up my beard. Razor takes too long.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List