rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone here joined Dollar Shave Club?

I was wondering if anyone here joined Dollar Shave Club dollarshaveclub.com and can give an unbiased review. The website has customer reviews, but I'm sure they censure all the critical reviews.

I heard advertisements for the Shave club on the radio and was thinking about joining.

They mail you a pack of 4 razor blades every month at a price that is significantly lower than the blades that I currently use(Gillette Sensor) and they offer different blade qualities at different prices $1, $6 and $9 options. Gillette is costing me about $14 for a pack of 4 blades.

I just wanted to know if someone had some insight on this.

Thanks

As a true alpha, I haven't shaved since 2009.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (07-27-2015 08:20 AM)Suits Wrote:  

As a true alpha, I haven't shaved since 2009.
No wonder your doing so well in China
[Image: sasquatch.jpeg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The $1 comes out to $3 with shipping and handling. It's the one I use. I shave using Shave Secret oil and their two-blade razor. You can switch to a bi-monthly delivery schedule. I use the razors for more than two weeks each, shaving every other day.

I prefer a safety razor, but the two-blade gets the job done faster and without cuts even when I'm in a hurry, which is often.

In my opinion, the more blades, the more irritation, and the more frequently you need to shave (multiple blades can't handle long stubble), and guess who wants you to shave more often? The razor company. It is true that more blades means stubble takes longer to show, but in my opinion, showing a little stubble is a good thing. The two-blade lets me shave every other day and even take weekends off when one of those six-bladed monstrosities would get stuck in the terrain.

TLDR: 2-blade is a solid alternative to a safety razor. Go for it. Dollar Shave Club will also send you samples of their other products to try and lock you into other products, but there are no obligations.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

A little off topic but not really.... why are razors so expensive? I remember a 4 pack of Mach 3 Turbo being like $20USD??? I know it doesn't cost that much to slap together 3 razors..

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (07-27-2015 08:40 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

A little off topic but not really.... why are razors so expensive? I remember like a 4 pack of Mach 3 Turbo being like $20USD??? I know it doesn't cost that much to slap together 3 razors..

In the modern consumer economy, it's fair to say that you are generally paying more for the product marketing than what you actually end up holding in your hands.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (07-27-2015 08:48 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2015 08:40 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

A little off topic but not really.... why are razors so expensive? I remember like a 4 pack of Mach 3 Turbo being like $20USD??? I know it doesn't cost that much to slap together 3 razors..

In the modern consumer economy, it's fair to say that you are generally paying more for the product marketing than what you actually end up holding in your hands.

^^This and actual product placement. Premium shelf space costs, well, a premium.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

The most I have used is the razors with the 4 blades. I like the clean shave, but I have a moustache and the 4 blades are not the best for trying to trim a stache. The Gillette has the 4 blades with a single blade on the top edge of the razor for trimming. I like the Gillette Senors but the $14 a pack is killing me.

Am I the only one who doesn't get this. They act like razors cost so much, and that it's this big hassle to go to the store.

I go at least once a week, and it's no big deal to buy store-brand razors every once in a while, and they aren't expensive (unless you are buying the fanciest nicest Gillette out there).

I guess I don't get it. Their ads annoy me because they're so exaggerated. But whatever, I guess they have a successful biz.

That said, now I just use a trimmer and leave short stubble...usually trim 2x a week. So I haven't used razors in a couple years.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Been using it for about a year now switching blades every two weeks or so. Blades do a fine job without causing any redness/irritation/bumps.

Add the best blade (executive I think) along with the month membership to your cart. After you fill in all the info & are about to place order simply cancel.

You'll be emailed a promo code within a week for you to get one of the razor handles for free.

Quote: (07-27-2015 09:27 AM)heavy Wrote:  

Am I the only one who doesn't get this. They act like razors cost so much, and that it's this big hassle to go to the store.

I go at least once a week, and it's no big deal to buy store-brand razors every once in a while, and they aren't expensive (unless you are buying the fanciest nicest Gillette out there).

I guess I don't get it. Their ads annoy me because they're so exaggerated. But whatever, I guess they have a successful biz.

That said, now I just use a trimmer and leave short stubble...usually trim 2x a week. So I haven't used razors in a couple years.

Store brands or a cheap Bic are fine if your skin can stand it.

Every time I used a Bic or cheap store brand it cuts up my face and head(I shave my head bald) and left me irritated and itchy. Using the "fancy nice Gillette" really does make a difference for me.

Or just use an electric shaver. It will become a better option price-wise after a year of buying even super-cheap razors like this, doesn't risk cutting you, and maintains just the right amount of stubble. I got mine 7 years ago and it's still going strong.

[Image: 71Bkir8wV5L._SL1500_.jpg]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Electric razors are not too face friendly to black guys[Image: blush.gif]

Dollar Shave Club uses Dorco razors. You can buy them off Amazon for just as cheap and try them rather than being locked into a contract with DSC. I don't like them much because they don't seem well made and don't give a close shave.

Quote: (07-27-2015 08:02 AM)dark_g Wrote:  

I was wondering if anyone here joined Dollar Shave Club dollarshaveclub.com and can give an unbiased review. The website has customer reviews, but I'm sure they censure all the critical reviews.

I heard advertisements for the Shave club on the radio and was thinking about joining.

They mail you a pack of 4 razor blades every month at a price that is significantly lower than the blades that I currently use(Gillette Sensor) and they offer different blade qualities at different prices $1, $6 and $9 options. Gillette is costing me about $14 for a pack of 4 blades.

I just wanted to know if someone had some insight on this.

Thanks

If you want to save money on shaving, get a Safety Razor and shave like a man.

[Image: 31TdD3igbOL._AA160_.jpg]

Then buy a huge pack of butterfly razor blades like these:

[Image: 41z8d0dXyuL._AA160_.jpg]

This box costs 9 dollars. This box lasted a year for me. Buy it on Amazon.

You do the math. Dollar Shave Club is a gimmick, just lower quality blades in the form of a group buy. The safety razor won't cut as close as a 6 blade Gillete or ball technology whatever, (it does come very close though), but it costs a shitload less. You could use a brand new blade everyday and throw them away. That's how cheap we are talking here.

For black guys, it's awesome because it will not cut too close so that you get razor bumps all over your face, because the super close cut ones make the hair grow inside your skin. You need the hair to be just outside, not cut 100% level with the skin. Once I switched to these I stopped buying razor bump creams. Don't get me wrong some of those creams are good (if you know what to buy), but they are not easy to find in all stores. Not to mention they spoil in the bottles and stop working as well as when you first bought them.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

I use the service, and have no complaints about the quality of their razors. I have very thick facial hair too. They arrive regularly, don't think I've missed a shipment.

Quote: (07-27-2015 10:02 AM)dark_g Wrote:  

Electric razors are not too face friendly to black guys[Image: blush.gif]

Not black, but my hair might as well be. I can't use electric razors on my face for the same reason, they work fine for shaving my head though.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I have used a disposable straight razor for like two years now.
Bought a 100 pack of razors and never looked back.
I keep one of those multi blade razors in the event of times I need to shave in thirty seconds.

I am the cock carousel

I've been using Dollar Shave Club for about 2 years. They added a couple extra tiers of razors and the quality does go up but I downgraded to the bottom tier (which is around $2/mo I think) after they increased their prices. Throw one away a week, no big deal. Much cheaper than going to the store.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I second the safety razor recommendation. I used Gillette cartridges for several years and got good, not great shaves.

Since I switched to a safety razor, I've never had a closer shave.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

How well do safety blades work for very sharp and defined beard maintenance?

When I was younger, I found my great grandfather's straight razor high up in a cupboard. After getting the rust off using electrolysis, rehoning the edge, and purchasing a strop, I haven't purchased a single razor blade in about 5-6 years. Only shaving stuff I've purchased since were glycerin soaps and strop dressing.
Works great for a sharp winter beard, and only need to strop it after about ten uses. Only thing I could find out about it was the store that sold them went out of business in 1907.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (07-27-2015 05:02 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I have used a disposable straight razor for like two years now.
Bought a 100 pack of razors and never looked back.
I keep one of those multi blade razors in the event of times I need to shave in thirty seconds.

Disposable straight razor? is there such a thing, or you mean safety razors.
This is what i think when i hear straight razor: [Image: dsc_0692-1.jpg]

I am definitely in the safety razor camp for my head thou. That's -$15 every other week at the barbers replaced with on $25 safety razor and $20 for 100 razor blades.

tip: use a new one everyday unless you're using the Feather razor blades (They are extra sharp) [img][Image: F1.jpg][/img]

Choose your next witticism carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last.

its really precious seeing your rodent wheel excuses for brains spin endlessly

I think I'm going to go with Traveler and Truth's recommendations and try the safety razor. If that doesn't give me a satisfactory shave, I'll try the $ Shave Club.

Might wanna read this before committing to DSC:

http://lifehacker.com/5903771/forget-dol...-the-price