rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap&easy city in France

For the entirety of July im planning on living in France to improve my French & have fun. I need to find a city that is cheap (relative to cities such as Nice, Paris) and with girls that are easy to bang. My french is B2 level and Id actually prefer if the people in the city dont speak perfect english.

Which cities do you recommend? Should I stay at a hostel? Should I bother with online dating or just stich to day&nigh game? Also I'm from a mediterranean country and will be quite tan when I arrive there.

Montpellier, Toulouse, Aix-en-provence (more expensive though), Biarritz all seems like amazing options.

Quote: (06-17-2015 09:53 AM)FuhrerKB Wrote:  

For the entirety of July im planning on living in France to improve my French & have fun. I need to find a city that is cheap (relative to cities such as Nice, Paris) and with girls that are easy to bang. My french is B2 level and Id actually prefer if the people in the city dont speak perfect english.

Which cities do you recommend? Should I stay at a hostel? Should I bother with online dating or just stich to day&nigh game? Also I'm from a mediterranean country and will be quite tan when I arrive there.

Why not try Bretagne: pick a city on the "cote bretonne" (Concarneau, Vannes, Lorient)? Bretagne is cheaper than Nice or Paris, and in Summer, lots of uncomplicated, middleclass French women go there, to enjoy the sea and safe environment.

Lyon is a great city. If you are staying for a month would not it be cheaper to rent a bedroom at somebody's house? many old people rent rooms to students there.

There it is : http://www.leparisolidaire.fr/wp/tarifs-jeune/

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

I was actually thinking about Lyon but I was afraid that most of the people would go on vacations. Are the girls approachable? Is there a website that has the deals for renting bedrooms?

Edit: i just saw the website. What exactly does conviviale mean? And i think starting from april its 250 euros so in july itd be 250 too, right?

I agree with west part of France.

Nantes, Bordeaux, Biarritz, from the cheapest to the more expensive.

Quote: (06-17-2015 03:04 PM)FuhrerKB Wrote:  

I was actually thinking about Lyon but I was afraid that most of the people would go on vacations. Are the girls approachable? Is there a website that has the deals for renting bedrooms?

Edit: i just saw the website. What exactly does conviviale mean? And i think starting from april its 250 euros so in july itd be 250 too, right?

If i am not mistaken conviviale means you'd be paying a fee to the house owner (besides the website fees)
here is their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-PariSo...fref=photo
I am afraid French girls are not so very approachable for daygame,,it seems they get scared easily and are prone to call on "creeppy" or "perv"

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

What is "B2 level" French?

What is the context in which the word "convivial" is being used?

To answer your question, if you want cheap especially during the summer, then forget any and all coastal cities. Your best bet would be cities in the interior. Your experience will be much much more authentic than in any of the major coastal cities. Avoid Biarritz or the Cote d'Azur if you don't have a healthy bankroll (min 5KE for a month). And you've picked the 2 most expensive cities in France (Paris and Nice along with Cannes). Monaco too but that's a whole different level.

If you're keen on being by the beach, then look for smaller cities. Some suggestions Arcachon, not far from Bordeaux. Stunning scenery, not as expensive as say the beach towns further south along the Cote Basque.

Other recommendations of good smaller interior cities, in no particular order: Rennes, Nantes, Clermont Ferrand, great for outdoor activities up in the mountain, Nancy, by the German border, scenic little gem of a town, Carcassone and Perpignan in the extreme south of the country, on the Mediterranean Sea. You'd be just a stone's throw away from Catalunya without paying Catalunya prices.

Montpellier would also be a good choice, major university town, an hour or so north of Marseille.

How good is your French? B2 Level doesn't give us any idea.

As far as whether the French girls are approachable are not, will depend on many factors, among which:
How good your French is, your style, how big your couilles our cojones are (not literally but figuratively).

The word is used at the bottom of this link:
http://www.leparisolidaire.fr/wp/tarifs-jeune/

B2 means im not fluent but if the other person doesnt speak too fast i can probably understand it. Responding will be a bit harder but ill take a few provate lessons beforehand so hopefully ill manage.

You suggested quite a few cities man now i want to go to all of them! Are the girls in interior cities "harder" than cities such as Nice etc?

By the way thanks for the responses everyone.

In July, it's holidays time and all students cities will be dead if they are not close to the coast. Avoid this kind of "interior cities" or you will be lonely. Even Paris is dead during summers, only tourists; same for cities like Lyon. Your best bet is to find a city along the coast, close by the ocean/sea.

If you want something interesting, if I were you I would hit the islands. On the west coast there are not that expensive and easy to reach by boat. A good fisherman experience mixed with young tourists.

Ile d'Yeu

[Image: a01c1c410f309c231492f1ba16cc5e0a.jpg]

[Image: 406I1300_retouche.jpg]

Ile aux moines

[Image: 291230-ile-aux-moines.jpg]

Belle-île-en-mer

[Image: belleile.jpg]

[Image: belle-ile-en-mer.jpg]

One place I forgot to mention that can be quite a gem specially in the summer, is Corse/Corisca.

Yeah most students leave for the coastal beaches, but if you pick a big enough city, you'll have still plenty of girls left. Pick a city near nature as there are a lot of nature lovers who would rather be hiking, fishing, camping in nature or near mountains. Not all the girls flock to the beaches. There are a lot of nature lovers and some that just stay home. I'd even say that the fact that most students are out of town, might make it easier to build a decent social circle especially if you're a cool and interesting foreign guy. So don't be afraid to pick an interior city.

The southwest (Biarritz and Bayonne) during June/July is a good option because of all the festivals and local celebrations (ferias...). Huge amounts of young people just go there to get wasted big time, hence the opportunities...

I'm thinking of just getting a tent and a few other items and sleeping at the beach in Biarritz. Last summer while I was in Nice I saw some people who did that. I'll also search people in Couchsurfing who live in Biarritz, Anglet, Bayonne but maybe I wont bother..

I plan on just buying 375 ml Vodka most of the nights and infiltrate a group and start from there. Last summer in Nice was pretty similar to this for me so I have some experience, although I had friends with me but now I won't.

I'll also try my luck with daygaming at the beach or other venues.

What do you guys think?

You sure you can sleep on the beach in Biarritz ? I wouldn't bet on it

I wouldn't either. If you want to sleep on a tent, then stay at a camping camp, there are loads of them. Google them.

So it turns out I have an acquaintance who's currently living in Montpellier, I'll stay at his house for four weeks. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'm incredibly jealous of you. In montpellier you'll be within spitting distance of the Pyrénéen mountain stages of the Tour de France. I'd suggest camping at the summit of Plateau de Beille to watch the stage. Watching cycling in the high mountains is an unbelievable experience, plus you'll meet some absolute characters.

In Spain I was up in the Picos de Europa near Oviedo, about 5km up a mountain there were thousands of people camped out waiting for the next days stage. Huge ass party broke out and then next day we marched up the steepest mountain in Spain to watch the stage. I imagine the Tour would be even more hectic and enjoyable than Vuelta a España.

Quote: (06-25-2015 03:31 PM)FuhrerKB Wrote:  

So it turns out I have an acquaintance who's currently living in Montpellier, I'll stay at his house for four weeks. Do you guys have any suggestions?

How'd this trip turn out?

Got any Montpellier Intel?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

For the conviviale vs solidaire thing:

In the solidaire option they put you in a free housing with a senior person and you are obligated to spend most nights at home with that person in return for that free housing. You get a couple of days off. Hence solidaire as in solidarity.

In the conviviale option you pay rent to that person and can come and go and arent obliged to stay at home. Hence conviviale as in friendly or mutually agreed.

Both options seem not ao good since it seems you can rarely have people over at your place.

Quote: (06-17-2015 01:59 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Why not try Bretagne: pick a city on the "cote bretonne" (Concarneau, Vannes, Lorient)? Bretagne is cheaper than Nice or Paris, and in Summer, lots of uncomplicated, middleclass French women go there, to enjoy the sea and safe environment.
From memory Bretagne is meee for women, the south of france is more like Medellin, people are more open.

Seconding Montpellier or Lyon. I would, however, avoid Nice - especially in the summer.

Quote: (02-06-2016 11:49 AM)InsertNameHere Wrote:  

Seconding Montpellier or Lyon. I would, however, avoid Nice - especially in the summer.

What's wrong with Nice?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (02-06-2016 01:58 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

What's wrong with Nice?

Prices of hotels. And Ariane people.

Apart from that, great city. Possibility of Russian flag, too.

Quote: (02-06-2016 01:58 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

What's wrong with Nice?

I lived near there for a couple years. Beautiful area, but the summer it's swarming with tourists, especially Brits and Russians. I'm not a fan of that, and especially over the summer the number of them got to be a little too much for my taste. It's really not the best city for nightlife, either. Monaco is even worse.

I would, however, recommend heading out to the surrounding villages just to see the countryside - it's a breathtaking place. Game-wise, though, you'd probably be better off elsewhere...especially if you're looking to game French girls, which is where it's at for improving your language skills - "le dictionnaire coucher", c'est la meilleure façon d'apprendre une langue.