rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eating properly while travelling

How do you guys do to eat properly while travelling? For me it's one of the biggest hassles of not being at home and having a kitchen to cook on my own. Especially if where I'm staying don't serve breakfast, my first mission everyday will be to go out and find food to eat. Local food might be in low quality, distasteful or with just small sets of protein. I really don't like to have to eat at restaurants every meal of the day and even if I'm in an airBnB apartment with kitchen it might not be equipped with enough stuff for me to be able to cook. How do you do? Eating fruits and stuff during the day doesn't give me enough enough calories. I need to eat a lot not to lose weight.

Well if you have access to a kitchen with the following:
1-Frying pan.
2-microwave.
3-Spoon/fork.
4-olive oil.
5-salt/pepper (seasoning)

Then you can basically cook your protein supply, it wont be as tasty but you can easily do the following recipes. When I stayed in Egypt I had a breakfast buffet and access to a mediocre kitchen , but no lunch or dinner. What I did was buy olive oil, garlic, an onion and salt/pepper/olive oil were already provided in the kitchen. I would go buy 2 chicken breasts/shrimps/a fat steak and I would do the following:

1-Chop garlic and onion, get pan nice and hot. drop olive oil.

2-wait for the pan to smoke a little and throw your garlic first, then your onions. Season a little.

3-drop your protein, season and cook for approximately 5 minutes (2 minutes on each side / steak takes longer depending on cut and your preference)

4-smack microwavable rice if you have a microwave, if not grab some veggies and bon appetit.

It wont be as tasty as eating at a restaurant, but it is quick, cheap and gets the job done.

If you don't have access to a kitchen at all, then do like I did in Romania and go for your canned proteins and veggies. I would grab 2 tuna cans, a can of beans and some veggies and just eat those for dinner or lunch. Ofcourse occasionally I would go to a restaurant, because lets face it canned food can get really boring fast. Also fresh juice and milk/dairy goes a long way and can help in spicing up the boring menu.

With a kitchen in an airbnb apartment, I stick to egg, bananas , oatmeal and chicken breast. Easy to clean and prepare. In Ukraine some of the eggs you buy are covered in dirt so boiling them then changing the water with potable water helps. Supplement with seasonable produce and most of your protein, carb, fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals are covered, especially if you pan fry the chicken in healthy oil, (olive, avocado or sunflower oil. )

When traveling I don't mind loosing weight, my 6-pack shows more. I usually stick to fruits/vegetables from local stalls/markets (did this in EE multiple times) for breakfast/lunch and for dinner usually go with girls to the restaurants [Image: banana.gif]

I bring in (sneak) Beef Jerky from home. + a bunch of Zip Lock Bags. Put about 6-10 oz. of Beef in the bag for the day and then hit the local Kiosk for some peanuts and mix them in the bag together. Health wise it's a perfect meal--- Fat, Protein, (get your Carbs from beer, plus Beef jerky/peanuts and good beer = no better combo) you can go anywhere with that bag....eat from it anywhere and it will last for days. It's perfect. + you'll NEVER get food poisoning from this combo and spend valuable time on the $hitter.

I have been living on this for the past 9 months abroad
[Image: 2179248906_c72dc8b369.jpg]
Its the only thing I eat at my apartments (I do eat out quite often)

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin seƱoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

In russia/ukraine I usually survive off of the smoked chickens. Its like the rotisserie chickens at grocery stores but cold and arguably better tasting. That coupled with whatever vegetables are fresh and available chopped with oil or mayonnaise. Eggs are universally cheap and can work for breakfast or lunch.

On the street I try to find a cheap cafeteria where the locals eat since the food there is cheap and if you pick smartly also healthy.

I also eat a lot of fruit. Usually I'm walking around so much there is no need to worry about carbs.

I'm not sure what OP means by "traveling"
You mean to crappy 3rd world countries? Or to places that are prohibitively expensive?
Unless you are traveling for more than 2 weeks, you should have no problem eating what the locals eat. I know it can suck as they may eat lots of carbs or wierd shit but your body is extremely flexible.

Whenever I travel, I always take extra supplements and vitamins with me to compensate for the lack of nutrition. Hell, couple times i've even taken whey protein in a plastic bottle.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

High quality (quest brand) protein bars for throughout the day when you don't have or can't find anything. For a quick and easy balanced breakfast I like to portion off ziplock bags of oatmeal (blended so its powder and mixes), flaxseed powder (for fat), and protein powder (for protein). I have a shaker cup and shake it with milk. This is something you can make thats healthy in a matter of a minute and doesn't require cooking.