rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arriving in life'

Arriving in life'

I was wondering what people's views are on here when it comes to 'arriving in life'. The phrase meaning that you have succeeded or got somewhere in life or made it.

It seems to me that although people may set goals, i.e. Getting a really successful job, business etc. But surely success and self improvement never stops. It seems as much as good fortune can be achieved and created into a winning streak; at the same time it can always be taken away and buried. Leading to the same man to have to build up over again and take a different path.

I am interested to hear what the elders have to say, those who have achieved distinguished careers or created successful businesses.

Arriving in life'

I don't want to arrive ever. The moment you have arrived is the moment you stop growing. I want even my 90s to be filled with new wonders and goals.

Sure there are goals you set yourself, but as a man you have a good leeway there as well. Living your life to the max is always a good measure.

Arriving in life'

Yup. You either grow or wither.

Arriving in life'

Whenever I think I've arrived I realize that I've just reached a new waystation for the next area. It's kind of like playing a video game where the developer constantly tricks you into thinking you've found the main villain only to show you that he's just an underling of an even greater boss.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Arriving in life'

Quote: (04-03-2015 06:21 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Whenever I think I've arrived I realize that I've just reached a new waystation for the next area. It's kind of like playing a video game where the developer constantly tricks you into thinking you've found the main villain only to show you that he's just an underling of an even greater boss.

Relevant.

Arriving in life'

Quote: (04-03-2015 01:06 PM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

I was wondering what people's views are on here when it comes to 'arriving in life'. The phrase meaning that you have succeeded or got somewhere in life or made it.

It seems to me that although people may set goals, i.e. Getting a really successful job, business etc. But surely success and self improvement never stops. It seems as much as good fortune can be achieved and created into a winning streak; at the same time it can always be taken away and buried. Leading to the same man to have to build up over again and take a different path.

I am interested to hear what the elders have to say, those who have achieved distinguished careers or created successful businesses.

I dont think you can ever arrive at life so to speak.

Life has no fixed blueprints, you just enter different phases of your life, achieve things and want more.

Then again, im only 21.

Arriving in life'

Whilst I agree with the above posts I think to specifically answer the question my definition of arriving in Life is as follows:

1. Have your own place (age 18-30 rent, 30+own)
2. Have a steady income that allows you to increase your savings month on month without you having to cut back on anything (eating out, hobbies, gym, nights out)
3. Be able to take 2 major holidays abroad a year staying at nice hotels rather than slumming it.(Nothing wrong with those that do enjoy slumming and can therefore take 8 of these holidays [Image: smile.gif])
4.Have a dedicated hobby that you enjoy and are good at(mine's flying)
5. Have a girlfriend/harem/wife depending on your point of view and goals in that department.
6. Being content, when you are able to sit back for 5 minutes and say i've achieved a large amount of my objectives (education, work, relationships), i'm in a better position than 80% of the global population and I am grateful for what I have. Now to go achieve more.
7. Actually enjoy/love your job and the value add to society that you provide as well as not feeling trapped in the rat race.
8. Have figured out that life is about experiences rather than materialistic BS such as having that 2nd or 3rd flat screen TV or latest Iphone.
9. Have no debt
10. Be in above average to excellent physical condition.
11. Tied to 8. Have it ingrained in you that the Keeping up with the Joneses mentality is for suckers.
12. Speak at least one other language fluently.

I have points 1-8 and 11&12 nailed, now need 9 and 10 by the time i'm 30 (currently 28)

This is just what I personally think announces your arrival between the ages of 18-35 for the average male in the developed world. After that you set your own goals to keep surpassing yourself year on year such as have a holiday home, make partner,travel around to bang girls, own a sports car, have your own successful business, investments and savings which can let you retire by 50/55 (personally i'd be bored not working, some may want to retire much earlier.)

Arriving in life'

1. Financial freedom meaning stocks and rental propeties do all my work for me.

2. A great woman that adores me.

3. Life is so easy you can start focusing the majority of energy on helping others without having in the back of your mind "have I gotten mine yet?". The weight of being self-centered to accomplish things in life to feed the ego would be a nice thing to drop to and instead, help others grow and prosper without having to worry about $ or searching for a high quality woman.

I wish I had the attitude to do that now, the back of my mind would be screaming to help myself accomplish my own dreams first.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Arriving in life'

This is very relevant to game in general.
How much "pickup" do you have to do before you've "arrived" as a solid sex-worthy guy who can claim he's made it it terms of getting pussy? 2 new girls in a week? 50 girls total? The barrier you define yourself. But once you hit that barrier, you don't feel any different. Therefore, this question is pointless.

Although I do agree with #3 from Travesty. Once you've gotten to the point where you don't have to build your own life, but can finally focus on boosting others, is a great definition of arriving. However, shit can hit the fan there too and the stability might end.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Arriving in life'

Most of these are good, individual goals.

The only thing I disagree with is debt; there is good debt and bad debt.

It's very hard to make serious money in life without carrying good debt of some form; whether it be mortgages or business expansion funds etc.

Arriving in life'

This post grabbed my attention. Before I even opened it one of the first things I was thinking was just because you've arrived, doesn't mean you can't go back down to the bottom, many stories of that.

I see many people who have some huge success, in this day and age it's often off a website or fad or some type, something which is not sustainable. They allow their lifestyle and tastes to grow to that level and then when their fad business or product runs its lifespan after a year or two now htey are back to basically where they started, that fad business is gone, they don't have any ideas for another one and wind up back working at kinkos or some shit like that.

My ultimate goal is security.I'm making some good money right now but realize my business definatley has a lifespan, its completely going to come to an end at some point unless I really morph it when the fad ends. Anyhow, I look at it like this, everyday I'm able to keep going I'm able to bank that much more money. I'm keeping my expenses low and putting as much money as I can into investments or investing in freinds businesses trying to get a few income streams so when my thing does come to an end I don't go back to working a $13 an hour job. I have a degree but really have no interest in going and getting another corporate job.

Arriving in life'

Quote: (04-03-2015 11:56 PM)mvp Wrote:  

Whilst I agree with the above posts I think to specifically answer the question my definition of arriving in Life is as follows:

1. Have your own place (age 18-30 rent, 30+own)
2. Have a steady income that allows you to increase your savings month on month without you having to cut back on anything (eating out, hobbies, gym, nights out)
3. Be able to take 2 major holidays abroad a year staying at nice hotels rather than slumming it.(Nothing wrong with those that do enjoy slumming and can therefore take 8 of these holidays [Image: smile.gif])
4.Have a dedicated hobby that you enjoy and are good at(mine's flying)
5. Have a girlfriend/harem/wife depending on your point of view and goals in that department.
6. Being content, when you are able to sit back for 5 minutes and say i've achieved a large amount of my objectives (education, work, relationships), i'm in a better position than 80% of the global population and I am grateful for what I have. Now to go achieve more.
7. Actually enjoy/love your job and the value add to society that you provide as well as not feeling trapped in the rat race.
8. Have figured out that life is about experiences rather than materialistic BS such as having that 2nd or 3rd flat screen TV or latest Iphone.
9. Have no debt
10. Be in above average to excellent physical condition.
11. Tied to 8. Have it ingrained in you that the Keeping up with the Joneses mentality is for suckers.
12. Speak at least one other language fluently.

I have points 1-8 and 11&12 nailed, now need 9 and 10 by the time i'm 30 (currently 28)

This is just what I personally think announces your arrival between the ages of 18-35 for the average male in the developed world. After that you set your own goals to keep surpassing yourself year on year such as have a holiday home, make partner,travel around to bang girls, own a sports car, have your own successful business, investments and savings which can let you retire by 50/55 (personally i'd be bored not working, some may want to retire much earlier.)

Excellent Post!

Arriving in life'

When you can live the lifestyle you want without any regard to your finances.

Could be 2,000 a month or 20k+ a month.

Enough long term investments to not worry short term about financial issues.

Arriving in life'

Quote: (04-03-2015 05:35 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

I don't want to arrive ever. The moment you have arrived is the moment you stop growing. I want even my 90s to be filled with new wonders and goals.

Sure there are goals you set yourself, but as a man you have a good leeway there as well. Living your life to the max is always a good measure.

I just read this. Solid advice. If I could give Zel another rep point, I would.

Arriving in life'

I think it's safe to say that there are certain milestone we can all agree upon, such as living independently, visiting countries and so forth.
But they're just that. I wouldn't consider them goalposts because that implies that there's nowhere left to go afterwards.

For example, I applied to join the military a while ago. There was a physical fitness requirement which spurned me into lifting weights. Unfortunately I didn't make it past the aptitude testing, but even so I kept at it despite having made the proficiency to join.
Instead of arriving at the destination and leaving it there, I kept going and now I work to better myself as opposed to focusing on an external construct.

Basically I can summarize in the words of Garrett Wang:
"When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey. And if that journey takes a little longer so we can do something we believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with."

Arriving in life'

Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing as a one size fits all criteria for "arriving in life" because we all want different things. Not all of us want to own a house- some would prefer to continue renting houses in different locations throughout the world. Some of us may never have to support a family and won't need a six figure salary to live comfortably. Some may have no need for a second language, or be self-centered and have no motivation to do something that "adds to society".

The only definition you could possibly give of "arriving in life" is being able to live each and every day in the way that you want.

Arriving in life'

I agree with those saying never "arrive" in life. Always keep growing, learning, and developing new skills.

In fact, I'm developing a new skill that is a complete 180 degree polar opposite of what I typically have done for the last 12 years. It's challenging, but it's also fun.

This doesn't mean I'm abandoning my strengths, however. Not only I'm keeping my strongest skills strong, but I'm also honing my weaker skills into my new strengths.

That's how you keep growing. Otherwise, if you just focus on your strengths only, you'll pretty much stagnate.

Arriving in life'

Quote: (08-06-2015 07:39 AM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing as a one size fits all criteria for "arriving in life" because we all want different things. Not all of us want to own a house- some would prefer to continue renting houses in different locations throughout the world. Some of us may never have to support a family and won't need a six figure salary to live comfortably. Some may have no need for a second language, or be self-centered and have no motivation to do something that "adds to society".

The only definition you could possibly give of "arriving in life" is being able to live each and every day in the way that you want.

Truth.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you"