rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Christmas Gift Idea Thread

Christmas is coming. That means buying gifts for people.

If you're like me, you don't think about Christmas till about two days before you have to get your orders in to qualify for free shipping that'll arrive in time. But it occurs to me that a lot of people on here might have cool gift ideas that they've already used on their friends and family that would be totally original to someone else's.

If you have a really good gift idea, post it here, and we'll all steal off each other's lists and make Christmas better for everyone we know.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

This is a good thread.

I suck at holidays. Interested to see if anyone can help out.

The Barbecue bible. I got this for my dad. Now there are two different grills in my parents back yard, and the garage has shelving just for different wood chips, charcoals, and assortment of grilling accessories.

Everyone tries to come over in the summer just to get his brisket and ribs.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

I like buying people small plastic figurines of animals that you can find in the German/European cosmetics chain called Muller. I give each person something that we've talked about before or that would represent them.

[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=34213061]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Not directly christmas related, but if you have amazon prime you can now get next day delivery on fresh flowers for $25. They are as big as the FTD 'upgraded' boquets.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I always thought my mom was the trickiest gift.

What do you guys usually get for your moms?

I may have found a niche with decent little antiques- I usually go hunting around for either western/cowboy style or Americana type things, makes me feel like a character on Pawn Stars minus the massive beer gut!

Quote: (11-10-2014 09:28 AM)komatiite Wrote:  

I always thought my mom was the trickiest gift.

What do you guys usually get for your moms?

Grandchildren.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-lis...ople-like/

some things on that list would make a white person happy as a Christmas gift. Like coffee or Asian girls

Here's a good gift for your mom if she's a big cook:

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Epicure...B0000CD0HX

[Image: giphy.gif]

I hate X-Mas.

Spend a lot of money and give people crap so you can get crap in return probably worth less than what you spent.

Here's one good gift I've given in the past that people liked, though.

For history/military buffs:

Military History: The Definitive Visual Guide to the Objects of Warfare

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756698383/

It has a ton of great pictures and lots of reading material for those who actually like to read.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:10 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Here's a good gift for your mom if she's a big cook:

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Epicure...B0000CD0HX

Yeah cooking stuff is really good for parents. I do it for my older sisters too, even though they don't really cook. Maybe it'll encourage them.

It's kind've a lame gift, but I like giving out restaurant gift certificates. My parents are always talking about how they already have too much shit, so buying them dinner at a nice restaurant is right up there alley.

[Image: c07d0c09cc24814307551b0da8bab306.jpg]

Get your kids a backyard catapult.

The people I know are very difficult to buy gifts for. Mainly because they never express a desire for anything. Normally inquiries are met with "Peace and quiet." That or "Nothing."

Therefore I decided on something useful and universal.
Aftershave/perfume vouchers.

It's not very inspired, but it works well and has got enough of a personal touch to be classified as a gift.

Fuck Christmas. And it ain't even Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is the last remaining great American holiday, especially since it's the one that doesn't involve buying a bunch of shit no one needs--just having a nice meal with loved ones. But corporations force us to skip right over it since they can't figure out how to make billions off of it.

I'll buy little kids cool shit, but the adults are getting gift cards--if they're lucky.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Yeah I've never been a fan of materialistic christmas.

Having family over or NOT having family over is good enough.

Shit I'd rather see old friends who are in town and grab a beer with them.

Figured it was time to bump this thread. What the hot gift this year for kids or your significant other?

Team Nachos

Quote: (11-10-2014 02:41 PM)supadoopa_paratroopa Wrote:  

Get your kids a backyard catapult.

Not to flex nuts, but that's an amateur device they have there.

Get a quality copy of Sir Ralph Payne-Gallwey's "The Book of the Crossbow", which will teach you pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about siege equipment of yore.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Crossbow-...0486287203

Makes a great gift for anybody interested in physics or building shit in general.

Last year I found a guy who used to work at Blockbuster. He had 52 copies of " The Matrix Reloaded" and I bought the DVDs from him for $0.50 each and gifted them. How's that for a red-pill gift? [Image: banana.gif]

"A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund."

I like to go the practical route or at least get something I know they'll use.

This year I got my family some kitchen stuff they need.

Im giving the girl I'm seeing hard dick and some cheerios.

High-quality and somewhat expensive tea and coffee are good gifts because they'll probably be used eventually. Unlike other materialistic gifts, which might end up in the corner collecting dust.

I regularly give out quality green tea ($10 packets of healthy, tasty green tea from Japan) and I feel good even if the person ends up not using it, because he's likely to put it in his house where others might use it, or give it to someone else who appreciates it more.

Quote: (11-10-2014 03:43 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Fuck Christmas. And it ain't even Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is the last remaining great American holiday, especially since it's the one that doesn't involve buying a bunch of shit no one needs--just having a nice meal with loved ones. But corporations force us to skip right over it since they can't figure out how to make billions off of it.

I'll buy little kids cool shit, but the adults are getting gift cards--if they're lucky.

I dont even tell me family I'm going to come. I always say im busy traveling or something. And then ill just show up, my sister helps me by telling my times and what not.

I'll buy the little kiddos something, but my view is any self respecting adult doesn't need a present. I sure as hell don't, if theres something I need I'll buy it myself. I find that i donate 95% of the gifts ive gotten in the past simply because I dont want/need them.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Alcohol and chocolate is the gift of choice for most people I know. For those closest to me I'll get them something based on their interests or needs, and a good book for those who read is always a safe choice.

Bringing this one back so we can share some ideas.

I'm a minimilist myself so I am drawn towards gifts that will be consumed and gone, not sitting around taking up space collecting dust
  • Nice steaks - bought my buddy a couple of 2 inch thick 45 day dry-aged bone in rib-eyes as a wedding gift. Great gift for men
  • Truffle oil, good novelty item for anyone who likes to cook, easy to use on a lot of dishes, delicious
  • Artisanal salumi
  • wine, liquor. Less imaginative but still I appreciate these when I get them
  • tickets to a game for both of you, good seats
  • spa appointment gift certificate. Getting my new gf a brazilian wax appointment at a nice tanning spa place (actually some new shit called "sugaring," don't really know much about it but the chick working there recommended it as being less irritating)
Other random 'material' things
  • nice wine/liquor specific glassware, I gifted a buddy a whiskey set with a decanter and glasses. this one looks pretty dope
  • ice cube molds for extra large ice cubes or the big spherical cubes
  • cool set of coasters, maybe monogrammed. Another one for drinkers....
Also, to address all the Ebenezer Scrooge's who previously posted here: Please refrain from derailing a thread that many of us find helpful with the whole contrarian affect 'fuck a christmas gift' nonsense. Obviously nobody NEEDS christmas presents, but many of us do enjoy expressing a little holiday cheer towards our close friends and loved ones and can be a good excuse for doing something nice together that wouldn't happen otherwise. Happy holidays!