rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Netflix Thread

Netflix Thread

Hey gents! I was browsing through Netflix last night, and realized I had exhausted many of my options in terms of what to watch next. I knew you lads would have the most similar tastes to my own thus I decided to start a thread for Netflix movie and TV show suggestions. No requirements other than your suggestion needs to have some type of redeeming quality. Either great script, interesting topic, etc. Whatever you suggest, please elaborate on why it is something worth viewing. Fire away!

Netflix Thread

Luther is great

Netflix Thread

I haven't done this cause I hardly ever watch TV but a lot of people use some cheap website that convinces your netflix you are in any country worldwide; thereby allowing you to access different markets' content.

Netflix Thread

I've been wasting my life recently on Netflix, so my pain is your gain.

TV Series
The Classics
-Alfred Hitchcock Presents
-The Twilight Zone
-Law & Order (original show, they only have first 8 seasons)

Decent (I liked them but they may or may not suit your taste)
-House of Cards (US & British)
-X-Files
-The Killing
-White Collar

Movies
- Apocalypse Now
- Das Boot
- Airplane
- Zodiac

Documentaries
-Ayn Rand & The Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged (duh)
-Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace
-Three Stars
-Spinning Plates
-30 for 30: Bad Boys

Netflix Thread

Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

* Crimson Tide

* Hunt For Red October

* The Manchurian Candidate

* Donnie Brasco

* Pain and Gain

* Beverly Hills Cop

* The Usual Suspects

* The Peacemaker

* The Score

* End of Watch

* Changing Lanes

* Dredd

* Thomas Crown Affair

* King Of New York

* Fargo

* The Player: secrets of a vegas whale (kind of cheesy, but good entertaining)

* Copland

* From Dusk Till Dawn

* Jackie Brown

* Out of The Furnace

* Skyfall

* Hell on Wheels (TV show)

* Jack Reacher (Awesome movie)

* The Company Men

Netflix Thread

Watch the show called "Eureka."

Netflix Thread

Quote: (07-24-2014 03:53 PM)John Galt2 Wrote:  

I've been wasting my life recently on Netflix, so my pain is your gain.

TV Series
The Classics
-Alfred Hitchcock Presents
-The Twilight Zone
-Law & Order (original show, they only have first 8 seasons)

Decent (I liked them but they may or may not suit your taste)
-House of Cards (US & British)
-X-Files
-The Killing
-White Collar

Movies
- Apocalypse Now
- Das Boot
- Airplane
- Zodiac

Documentaries
-Ayn Rand & The Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged (duh)
-Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace
-Three Stars
-Spinning Plates
-30 for 30: Bad Boys

twin peaks is on the netflix... must watch..

the best tv show i have ever seen...

Netflix Thread

They have some good oldies.

Hunt for the red october

butch cassidy and the sundance kid

The sand pebbles

Zulu

I'm a big fan of House of Cards

Firefly

And a bunch of decent Docs that can help with daygame ramble

Great post.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Netflix Thread

Some of my favorites from Netflix after spending plenty of time watching after injury:

Fargo
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill (1 + 2), though I prefer Vol 2
Pulp Fiction (never gets old for me)
Das Boot
Breaking Bad
House of Cards

You've likely seen those, but having it on Netflix is always sweeter.[/u]

Netflix Thread

Sherlock (BBC Series) - Brilliant acting, intriguing plots, and Moriarty is one of the most interesting villains I've seen on a TV show.

Cosmos- This series with Neil Degrasse Tyson explores science in an accessible way, great for the armchair scientist.

Arrested Development- My favorite sitcom. I watched a few episodes when I was in high school and didn't understand all of the humor. It was way ahead of its time and it is one of the very few shows that can really make me laugh.

House of Cards- Kevin Spacey as an amoral politician who manipulates everyone around him to gain power. Very entertaining show.

Breaking Bad- Everyone who hasn't seen this needs to watch it.

I've heard good things about The Fall (original Netflix series) and Top of the Lake (BBC) too.

Netflix Thread

I recommend THE DOGS OF WAR (1980). Brilliant ending which I never saw coming.

Netflix Thread

I might post a more extensive list later, but you guys should watch this Brazilian flick called elite squad enemy within. About drug enforcement in Rio. Pretty much is the wire meets Rio. Definitely a much watch if you don't mind subtitles. Production value is high, and IIRC it's the highest grossing movie in Brazilian film history.

Netflix Thread

I have amazon prime so kinda mix it up between the two. Seems as if netflix is a bit stale lately feels like i watched everything. I like how amazon has basically every hbo series ever made the pacific, sopranos, the wire etc. I may be mixing up nexflix and amazon on a few of these but most should be on netflix. Netflix origional series are good too I loved both seasons of lillihammer.

Hell on wheels
Breaking bad
Big love
House of cards
The office
Parks and rec
I almost got away with it crime series
The league
Sons of anarchy
Love pretty muc all documentaries on there
Drugsinc
All is lost
Una noche... awesome foreign film
Carlos
Mr nice

Netflix Thread

I recently watched Bigger Stronger Faster which I thought was really good. Short story, it's about the culture of steroid usage, and he goes after the hard questions like why is it ok to use steroids as medication but not as performance enhancement? He goes a bit too much into his family history (what was the point of sitting his mom down and telling her all her sons have a history of being on juice?).

I'm a big music geek, so I love the "Classic Albums" series. The one for Nevermind and Who's Next were really good. I like how they'll sit down at a console and start pulling out 1 or 2 tracks to highlight something. It really starts to show you how albums are put together.

Netflix Thread

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROC9Bd0fPenEvOO-XIYtd...0ekCPXXAjg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Netflix Thread

All of Californication is on streaming.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Netflix Thread

Grab yr popcorn: two major red pill releases are hitting Netflix in December..

'The Wolf Of Wall Street'

Bill Burr's Netflix Comedy Special 'I'm Sorry You Feel That Way'

Yr welcome [Image: wink.gif]

Netflix Thread

Are you opposed to subtitled anime? If not, Hunter x Hunter is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Netflix Thread

Marco Polo - a new Netflix series. An Italian merchant was traded as a slave to Kurbai Khan, the ancestor of Chenguiz Khan. Plenty of violence, martial arts and sex scenes.

Netflix Thread

Not Netflix but Amazon Prime: Mozart in the Jungle is amazing!

Netflix Thread

Quote: (12-25-2014 10:49 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Marco Polo - a new Netflix series. An Italian merchant was traded as a slave to Kurbai Khan, the ancestor of Chenguiz Khan. Plenty of violence, martial arts and sex scenes.

Amazing show!!! I heard the response was poor. I hope it is not cancelled and goes for seasons 2+

This was way better than Game of Thrones.

Netflix Thread

Quote: (12-25-2014 10:55 PM)monster Wrote:  

Amazing show!!! I heard the response was poor. I hope it is not cancelled and goes for seasons 2+

Too exotic to become super popular, but I like it much more than any other original Netflix series.

Netflix Thread

Black Mirror. There's a thread here for it and it was just added. So Red Pill that it hurts.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Netflix Thread

Quote: (12-25-2014 10:57 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Quote: (12-25-2014 10:55 PM)monster Wrote:  

Too exotic to become super popular, but I like it much more than any other original Netflix series.

Yes, not too thrilled with other netflix other than Marco and the Kevin Spacey political one. I tried Hemlock Grove but that was boring, OITB was tedious, there's a horse cartoon that's so lame it's beyond bad.

Netflix Thread

MOVIES:
Pulp Fiction- It's a badass comedy/action movie
I Frankenstein- bombed in the box office but if you enjoy sci-fi then this is a good movie
Shooter- the plot was great and action scenes were excellent also
Django Unchained- Funny movie to watch with ridiculous shooting scenes
Lawless- been a while since I have seen it but I liked it
Deadly Code- I enjoyed the plot
Defiance- Action was great and story was awesome also
Kill Bill- The sword fighting is enjoyable along with the ridiculous fountains of blood
Out of the Furnace- It's christian bale-nuff said
Bad Grandpa- If you want to die laughing then this is the movie to watch
Blue Ruin- The shooting scenes and knife scenes had me cringeing because of how real it looked
Get The Gringo- Again it's been a while but I thought it was a good movie
The road- Post Apocalypse, A father protects his son as they travel and does some harsh things for survival, kid doesn't understand why his father is acting like that, ending is sad

TV SHOWS:
Breaking Bad- couldn't stand the cunty wife but the series was awesome from start to finish
Peaky Blinders- Reminded me of Breaking Bad it's an awesome show
LilyHammer- it's a very funny show
Always sunny in philadelphia- the characters are morons which makes for a very entertaining show

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”-Otto von Bismarck