rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I've been thinking about starting a thread (and sort of data-sheet with my suggestions) on this subject for a while, since I think it's an often-overlooked area for men. I'm stuck at a computer today, so I thought I'd punch it out now. I hope it's helpful to some cats, and welcome additions and/or corrections from others--especially on good, tested products.

I've often thought it interesting that some dudes will spend hours a week taking care of their physiques by working out, and hundreds of dollars on their look, buying good clothes and a decent haircut, but walk around with fucked-up-looking skin, marred by acne or unsightly signs of aging (dried-up and torn-up rather than manly and rugged). In my view, good skin is the last frontier to looking fully crispy.

At the end of the day, healthy, youthful skin--especially about the face--is going to get you as far with chicks as it gets them with us. It's a huge transmitter of genetic superiority and health, and deserves the attention of the serious player.

Bitches talk about this kind of shit and work on it constantly, but we tend to avoid topics that might make us seem fab-you-liss or the dreaded word-of-the-month: beta. If the only thing keeping you manly is avoiding "beauty tips," you got bigger problems.

Staying Youthful: the Obvious Shit
If you're like me, your target is almost always a younger girl--a demographic with whom I often benefit by acting older but looking younger, thanks to some meticulous care of my god-given face and some decent life habits. It's crazy how much we ignore the easiest, most obvious shit. Getting a good night's sleep regularly (by alternating nights out, for instance); not smoking and drinking too much (or at all); avoiding drugs; drinking lots of water; and eating healthy, balanced, home-cooked meals does miracles for making you look bright and fresh. It also doesn't hurt to avoid tanning and unnecessary exposure to the sun, if you're fair-skinned.

If you're not taking care of the basics, you need to start there.

Stop Abusing Your Face: Using the Right Products
I'm surprised at how many of my friends have told me they still scrub the shit out of their face with a bar of Irish Spring or Lever 2000 or, worse, with a wash cloth or one of those fuckin' plastic balls that comes with that bottle of Axe gel body-wash they use. You shouldn't be using those caustic detergents on any part of your body, but they're totally devastating on your face. You can wash dishes with half that shit. You should be using a glycerin bar or other natural soap on your body and a separate, gentle cleanser for your face. My rule of thumb: if you've there's a commercial for it on primetime TV, there's a good chance you shouldn't be using it.

I'd hate to plug a product, but Cetaphil Cleanser or a good, plain Neutrogena cleanser are good and inexpensive products for your face that you can get pretty much anywhere. Go to your local natural foods store for the other stuff.

This is one area where you can take your cues from the wimpsters and hippie-chicks.

Moisturizing Proper-Like
Once you've cleaned your mug, you need to add a good, safe moisturizer to it. Regular lotion won't work--it will clog the hell out of your pores. Buy something that says it's non-comedogenic, which just means "it won't clog pores." Cetaphil also makes a good lotion like this, but there are tons of others. Peel off a extra few bucks for a separate bottle with UV protection for occasions where you're going to be in the sun. The more fair-skinned you are, the more situations you should opt for that one. You can hit the wimpster stores or a bitch-store in the mall again for that.

Maintenance and Blotting
Ideally, you shouldn't be washing your face more than a couple of times a day (preferably morning and night). If you're one of those guys that gets greasy and shiny during the day, blot (don't scrub) your face dry (yes, like a chick) with an absorbent, dry towel or napkin. Or, if you're cheap, I'll give you the million-dollar secret: a toilet-seat cover (the "ass-gaskets" from the public bathroom) work very well. Don't wet your face at the sink in the bathroom (it dries you out) and don't wash your face with cleanser all the time--it promotes more grease and, therefore, clogging.

Zits and Other Problems
Sooner or later, you're going to get some clogs and problems on your face. It may be nasty, but you have to learn to pick-and-pop those things out of your face with minimal damage and irritation. If you do maintenance "extractions," do them at night, when your skin is tired and your pores naturally sag more, revealing problems more clearly. Plus, whatever irritation you do cause can heal overnight, when no one has to look at your-ass (unless you have a girl over).

You could get one of those domed, magnified mirrors (like 5X), but sometimes that exposes imperfections you, and nobody else, would ordinarily see, and therefore creates more problems than it's worth.

Shaving Like a Champ
I'm not a big shaving expert, since I don't grow very much, but what I can say is similar to the my remarks on products. Buy a high-quality, natural shaving cream (you got it: natural-store or a bitch-store again). Popular shaving creams have a lot of additives and drying agents that aren't good for most faces. Use a sharp razor to get a clean shave so you don't have to shave as often, which tends to irritate the skin--especially if you're sensitive. If you're ambitious, learn how to use an old-fashioned straight razor. It takes practice, but it will give you the cleanest shave ever. You can buy them at an old-school cutlery or online. The disposable variety is good for practice.

Don't use aftershave. It's a lame marketing ploy that serves no purpose but to beat up your skin with alcohol and other drying agents, with the marginal benefit of a "manly" fragrance. Drop your moisturizer right over your shave and you will have taken care of business.

Seeking Professional Help for Especially Nasty Shit
If your face looks like a meat-lover's lasagna or the surface of the moon, no amount of self-maintenance is going to take care of your problem. Don't fall for bullshit commercials on TV for products (like Proactiv) that are basically the same thing you can get at the local Walgreens. These all pretty much try to solve different problems with the same solution (salicylic acid).

For god's sake: go to a professional dermatologist, who will be able to accurately assess your problem, and will have a variety of solutions for you--including prescription pills, in the severest cases. Even seemingly bad problems can come down to simple chemistry of your face.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Dude, here are some places I use:

http://www.groominglounge.com/

http://www.theartofshaving.com/

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Good topic! I used to live with this really fine Russian lingerie model last year in TO and she had some good tips... and before you ask no I didn't get with her. She had way too many issues and my gf of the time was better in every way. Anyways, back to the skin care! She used to make this skin mask and put it on for 30min maybe twice a week. Its cheap, works really well and its all natural so its good for people with sensitive skin.

1)Wash your face with hot water to open the pores.
2)Mix all this in a cup. 1 egg white, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of honey, and a table spoon of lemon juice
3)Then rub it all on your face and leave it for 20-30min.
4)Then wash it off with luke warm water and finally run cold water over your face to close all the pores.

Seriously, this works really well and you'll notice the effects on your face almost instantly after you wash it off. Wanting nice, clear skin isn't gay man... and unless you were talking about waxing your chest in this thread the "no homo" isn't really necessary Haha

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I've been dealing with pimples since I was 16. My face isn't bad by any means but the blemishes take forever to go away. I don't think there's anything to speed up that process.

Another thing id recommend are nose strips to remove black heads. They make your nose look more clear and help u breathe better. Also, walgreens and wal mart has creams with benzyl peroxide for pimples. Ill rub this all over my face before I go to bed and wake up with the pimple dried up.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

The NUMBER ONE thing you can do to have good skin is EAT RIGHT.

No amount of putting stuff on your face is going to help you if you have a diet that is high in sugar and fried foods.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I love this forum, it's full of very well rounded individuals. May Roosh be blessed in all his honourable dreams and desires.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I pretty much exhausted every option with my dermatologist. I even took accutane. My acne cleared up but came back 6months after I stopped accutane.

At least I did something. Benzyl peroxide is nice but it colors your hair. My solution to acne is grow a beard to cover my acne and acne scars and apply benzyl peroxide wherever I don't have facial hair.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

So does anyone know if u can do anything to get rid of blemishes quicker?

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-21-2011 09:36 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

The NUMBER ONE thing you can do to have good skin is EAT RIGHT.

Agreed. Eating and sleeping well are definitely an essential foundation, but I know plenty of people that eat like shit and have nice skin. Sometimes it's just skin chemistry.

Quote: (03-22-2011 12:16 AM)wolf Wrote:  

I pretty much exhausted every option with my dermatologist. I even took accutane. My acne cleared up but came back 6months after I stopped accutane.

At least I did something. Benzyl peroxide is nice but it colors your hair. My solution to acne is grow a beard to cover my acne and acne scars and apply benzyl peroxide wherever I don't have facial hair.

You may want to find a new dermatologist. I think there are several benzyl-peroxide-based products that are less-harsh as bleaching agents. Look into it.

Quote: (03-22-2011 12:30 AM)houston Wrote:  

So does anyone know if u can do anything to get rid of blemishes quicker?

I haven't had this problem since my teenage years, but I remember applying a high-I.U. Vitamin E oil made them peel off quicker and leave lighter stains. It's worth a try.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-20-2011 10:58 PM)Khaleth Wrote:  

Wanting nice, clear skin isn't gay man... and unless you were talking about waxing your chest in this thread the "no homo" isn't really necessary Haha

LOL. You never know, man. With the way the alpha-beta debates have been flying around here lately, it's best to be safe. I wouldn't want anyone casting aspersions on my manliness for putting some cucumber slices on my eyes or plucking my uni-brow. [Image: gay.gif]

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I've never heard of using vitamin E, i'll look into it though. I hope y'all don't get your eyebrows done. That's almost as bad as guys getting their nails done.

I use a regular Gillette razor and some cheap shaving cream for sensitive skin. I only have to shave once a week so I'm not sure if I need to switch this shit up. I used to get mad because I look so young (I look 18 when I shave off my goatee) but I can't wait until I'm 40 and looking like I'm 25.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

I present to you the cure for acne (in my case anyway): The acne prescription by Dr. Perricone. Just buy it in a bookstore or wherever. If anyone has tips on how to cure eczema they are most welcome.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 01:00 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

but I know plenty of people that eat like shit and have nice skin. Sometimes it's just skin chemistry.

That is the advantage of youth and will only last so long. Eventually it will catch up to them. I am not just talking about blemishes, but the overall tone and texture of the skin.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 12:16 AM)wolf Wrote:  

How old are you? I was on accutane in grade school. Fucking scary just thinking about it, good thing I didn't blow my brains out. Anyways, it took until I was about 21 for the acne to finally subside. There is some indication cutting out grains and dairy may help, which I didn't do.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 04:09 AM)houston Wrote:  

I've never heard of using vitamin E, i'll look into it though. I hope y'all don't get your eyebrows done. That's almost as bad as guys getting their nails done.

I use a regular Gillette razor and some cheap shaving cream for sensitive skin. I only have to shave once a week so I'm not sure if I need to switch this shit up. I used to get mad because I look so young (I look 18 when I shave off my goatee) but I can't wait until I'm 40 and looking like I'm 25.

Dude, shaving might be your problem. You need to stop using that shitty shaving cream. That's probably exacerbating your problem, at least. Get some nice stuff from a natural products store. Don't be cheap--we're talking $5-10. Even once a week can dry you up on the invisible level and cause skin flaking that'll clog your pores. Don't cut corners with your face. Also, shave WITH the grain of the hair, not against it. Moisturize after too.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Bruh if you are black then you shouldn't even be using razors. Most likely that shyt will get your hairs ingrowing into your damn roots and give you that ugly leathery feeling face.

Get yourself a pair of Andis or Oster clippers and use those. Also, every morning and every evening, try and press a hot towel to your face to open your pores. That should aid against clogging. Almonds are very good for Vitamin E. Eat a lot of those. They are also very high in fiber so make sure you are never too far from a toilet...

Cut out the American food..the fast, the processed, cut it out. Eat more fresh veg. Pimp your diet. Go organic if you can at least for vegetables. After a while you'll be a gorilla to show for it.

Remember how Ace Ventura rinsed Courtney Cox for four consecutive sessions in Pet Detective? His diet mainly consisted of grains and all that other bird shyt.
I know it was a film but I will always go out and say you are at least 75 percent of what you eat. Tried, tested and proven.

The same way poison WILL kill you, good food will GROW you and improve you.

Switch it up and you are GUARANTEED results. Unless you are some kind of mutant from another planet, immune to atmospheric and biological influences...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 01:40 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Dude, shaving might be your problem. You need to stop using that shitty shaving cream. That's probably exacerbating your problem, at least. Get some nice stuff from a natural products store. Don't be cheap--we're talking $5-10. Even once a week can dry you up on the invisible level and cause skin flaking that'll clog your pores. Don't cut corners with your face. Also, shave WITH the grain of the hair, not against it. Moisturize after too.
Any recommendations on some brands? What stores should I go check out?

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 02:24 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Bruh if you are black then you shouldn't even be using razors. Most likely that shyt will get your hairs ingrowing into your damn roots and give you that ugly leathery feeling face.

Get yourself a pair of Andis or Oster clippers and use those. Also, every morning and every evening, try and press a hot towel to your face to open your pores. That should aid against clogging. Almonds are very good for Vitamin E. Eat a lot of those. They are also very high in fiber so make sure you are never too far from a toilet...

Cut out the American food..the fast, the processed, cut it out. Eat more fresh veg. Pimp your diet. Go organic if you can at least for vegetables. After a while you'll be a gorilla to show for it.

Remember how Ace Ventura rinsed Courtney Cox for four consecutive sessions in Pet Detective? His diet mainly consisted of grains and all that other bird shyt.
I know it was a film but I will always go out and say you are at least 75 percent of what you eat. Tried, tested and proven.

The same way poison WILL kill you, good food will GROW you and improve you.

Switch it up and you are GUARANTEED results. Unless you are some kind of mutant from another planet, immune to atmospheric and biological influences...
I'm not black. I'm looking into other food also because I'm working out a lot more.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Gentlemen.... may I present an easy shaving solution for all young guys:

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-MB-200-T...664&sr=1-1

Been using this beard trimmer for over a year... still works great. Leaves me with that rugged 2-day shave look and requires 20 seconds of effort each day to maintain. Great for trimming other hairy areas of your body as well. And it's only $15!

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-22-2011 06:22 PM)houston Wrote:  

Any recommendations on some brands? What stores should I go check out?

You'd be fine getting pretty much anything at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's to start (just don't get the cheapest shit, like Kiss My Face brand, which is better than what you're using now, but not by that much). If there's an Aveda store in your town, you can go there and ask for their men's line. That stuff is little more expensive, but it's good shit.

If you live in Middle America or the suburbs, where all you have is malls: The Body Shop is fine--in a pinch--especially for their men's products. I don't know if they still do it, but back in the day they would give you a little sample of whatever product you wanted to try for free. Don't confuse the Body Shop with the same-sounding Bath and Body Works, which is a bullshit store that sells overly fragrant teen-girl products, and is tantamount to going to Victoria's Secret, putting on a pair of panties, and expertly dancing a pas de deux in the food court.

There are better, more boutique-like stores, though. Once you get used attuned to this kind of shit, you will find it around.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Something I've been doing for a while now is mixing powdered vitamin c (trader joes sells a huge bottle for 10 bucks) with my face lotion, I put it on before I go to bed. Skin looks great. I pretty much violate all the other rules so it must be working...

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-23-2011 02:16 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Something I've been doing for a while now is mixing powdered vitamin c (trader joes sells a huge bottle for 10 bucks) with my face lotion, I put it on before I go to bed. Skin looks great. I pretty much violate all the other rules so it must be working...

Dude, that's fuckin' fascinating. It kinda explains why the Body Shop (not to plug those corporate whores again) used to sell a whole "line" of products infused with vitamin C. You might be onto something: like some sort a medieval alchemist over there. [Image: idea.gif]

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

When I was a teenager, I never had any acne. I didn't start having any problems until shortly after I turned 21. I went to numerous dermatologists, tried every drug and tried almost every brand of skin care product. No results. My acne was so bad sometimes, that I'm sure now it's the reason why I could never approach any girls for years b/c I was so depressed about how I looked (I really thought I never had chance b/c that's all they would notice).

About two years ago, after a decade of battling skin problems, I did a few things that finally cleared up my skin.

1. I gave up everything that has high fructose corn syrup in it. No soda, juices, etc. I never drank any soda growing up, but right after I turned 21, I started drinking tons of mixed drinks every time I went out. So I agree with everyone that says diet plays a big part.

2. I started following the acne.org protocol. If you haven't been to that site, there is a lot of good info there. You can follow the program using grocery store products. Other people have mentioned problems with BP, and I experienced pretty much all of them. However, that program suggest using a 2.5% BP solution as opposed to the 10% found in most other products (Proactive). I haven't had any of the bleaching problems with the 2.5% solution, and I noticed that it helps prevent any problems better than the 10%.

3. Every night, I get a new clean towel, cover my pillowcase, and sleep on it. Now I wasn't a slob that wouldn't wash his sheets, but having a new towel every night ensures that I don't have my face lying in some old dirty germs all night. Plus the towel helps exfoliates your face.

Maybe these steps will help some other guys clear up their acne. I know from experience how much it determines you inner game state.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Washing your face before you go to sleep (yes, even after a night out and you feel like passing out when stepping through the door or after you've fucked a girl) and sleeping with clean pillowcases or a clean towel wrapped around your pillows will do more for your skin than most skincare regimens.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Quote: (03-23-2011 05:36 PM)shanefalco Wrote:  

3. Every night, I get a new clean towel, cover my pillowcase, and sleep on it. Now I wasn't a slob that wouldn't wash his sheets, but having a new towel every night ensures that I don't have my face lying in some old dirty germs all night. Plus the towel helps exfoliates your face.

did not see this before I posted. good tip.