rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would happen if a large invasion force was off of the Atlantic coast?

I was reading on Zerohedge about two russian bombers that flew by the Pacific coastline with about 50 miles to spare.

How strong is the standing army inside of the US? Would our combined forces be able to repeal a large scale invasion force off of the coast?

No military in the world, including our own, could successfully occupy the United States.

While I can't speak for the whole east coast, but here in the south, it would be the guerrilla war from hell for the invader. Hell, some of the guys around here might be looking forward to that opportunity.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

America is too large to hold with allies too the north as well. Not to mention the amount of guns in this country.

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Very strong and yes, they would be able to repel any enemy invasion. No alliance has the power to overwhelm these defenses, let alone a single country. Heck they wouldn't even be able to occupy any territory. They would be repelled even before they land.

NORAD maintains a 24/7 watch on the coastline.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ameri...se_Command

The US Army has a powerful anti-air arm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Defense...ates_Army)

Even if they were to invade by sea, we have Navy Bases all along the coastline.
[Image: 20090802114340346_2_original.png]

What I would do if this happened:

[Image: popcorn3.gif][Image: laugh3.gif]

We would throw up a great wall of fat to repel the invaders.. hundreds of thousands of land whales armed with millions of liters of CocaCola and McDonalds.

nobody would try, supply chain logistics would be impossible. Corollary is Atlantic battle in WWI and II. It was a nightmare for the US and Canada to supply UK/ Europe and that's with England as a landing base and the Royal Navy as protection. Any invasion force from either ocean on North America wouldn't have the landing base and wouldn't have a friendly navy. Its strategically and tactically impossible short of a somehow successful first nuclear strike, in which case, why invade afterwards.

My buddy used to work on a hotshot crew, and one day they got called out to NORAD. A brush fire had started and it was smoking out the underground facilities, necessitating an evacuation. It turned out that NORAD, which is designed to withstand a direct hit from a nuclear bomb, couldn't withstand the effects of a small wildfire.

The moral of the story is: don't underestimate the stupidity of the American military.

read End War by Tom Clancy

"Dear Truth Teller,

Congratulations on your induction into the United States Armed Services! Please report to the nearest military base as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Your Selective Service Board"

If we get attacked, I get drafted. I hate to think what happens when I'm with the majority of my generation's men. I bet we'll have to all have some sort of "sensitivity training" because someone called someone else a fag. Hell, as one of the only ones who can actually make a decision, I may end up as their squad leader. Now that's a terrifying thought.

If most of the guys I know are any indicator of what most men are like today, then I don't want to shout "follow me!" as we advance under fire.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

If you factor space-based platforms and drone technology (from planes to insect swarms) then the US is definitely no longer impregnable.
It would require some crazy tech, but it could happen in our lifetimes.

Quote: (06-12-2014 06:45 PM)Slick Shimmer Wrote:  

If you factor space-based platforms and drone technology (from planes to insect swarms) then the US is definitely no longer impregnable.
It would require some crazy tech, but it could happen in our lifetimes.

as i mentioned above, read End War. Even with these theoretically possible but as yet undeveloped weapons, it's still mighty impossible.

Only way to attack the U.S. would be via bioweapon or outright nuclear warfare. Bioweapon is a distinct possibility but there's only a handful of countries that have the expertise and dispersal capabilities for real weaponized germ warfare. So it would still be pretty obvious who did it and the nukes would start flying shortly thereafter anyways.

Quote: (06-12-2014 06:12 PM)soup Wrote:  

We would throw up a great wall of fat to repel the invaders.. hundreds of thousands of land whales armed with millions of liters of CocaCola and McDonalds.

Set fat chicks on fire, let the blubber burn and roll them into the invading hordes.

Or tell all the fat chicks the invaders have tasty donuts, I am sure they will kill soldiers for donuts.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

If the invaders did manage to get a foothold on land, there would be lots of rape and pillage going on. Actually, on second thought, lots of pillage but no rape because they would see the average quality of American women and become physically ill before wondering why they even bothered.

Quote: (06-12-2014 07:24 PM)caracal Wrote:  

If the invaders did manage to get a foothold on land, there would be lots of rape and pillage going on. Actually, on second thought, lots of pillage but no rape because they would see the average quality of American women and become physically ill before wondering why they even bothered.

Russian Girls:

[Image: russian-girl-3.jpg]

American Girls:

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: runaway2.jpg]

Floatilla of lard asses would allow us to create a connection between Alaska and Russian which could have our forces could cross.

With the internet the moment the invasion started we would know and people would be grabbing their guns to fight back. If its biological then it would have to be in the air because water would not be efficient. Any bomb or plane from a hostile country would be destroyed.

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

A sneak attack would be difficult and our navy and Air Force would give them hell before they hit the shore, where they'd hit the coast guard, marines, army and the national guard of each state they hit. Not to mention the rest of the 48 would probably be spending troops in, as well. While I don't doubt that a lot of vets and various police outfits would put up fierce resistance, your average joe blow with his glock wouldn't probably amount to much.

Even at the height of the Cold War neither Russia nor China seriously contemplated invading the US. The logistics of getting troops on the mainland, holding territory and supplying them would be a perpetual nightmare. Nuclear or biological weapons would need to be utilized. With nukes, they'd be destroying the infrastructure of the major cities and military installations - not to mention the grain belt where lots of our silos are, so no point in occupying after that. With biological weapons, you'd need something virulent and nasty, otherwise it's going be pretty localized and easy (relatively) to contain, if it is highly contagious, unleashing it in the US could backfire in a major way, being the transportation hub that it is.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Quote: (06-12-2014 07:37 PM)soup Wrote:  

Floatilla of lard asses would allow us to create a connection between Alaska and Russian which could have our forces could cross.

Building off that thought, we could just justify killing all the lard asses before the invaders get here, tie them to together and block access to our shores.

On a serious note, the US has always had the advantage of being so far away and surrounded by allies to the north and south. An enemy would be too stretched as far as logistics go. I guess they could scavenge food but I think fast food and high carb diet would kill the attackers.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I'd grab my guns, pick up Vinman and search for Aliblahba!

In all actuality, I'd probably join a resistance guerrilla unit after knocking some broads up.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (06-12-2014 08:31 PM)Snowplow Wrote:  

join a resistance guerrilla unit after knocking some broads up.

This sounds like a future post in the "Manly thing I did today" thread.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Quote: (06-12-2014 07:38 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

While I don't doubt that a lot of vets and various police outfits would put up fierce resistance, your average joe blow with his glock wouldn't probably amount to much.
Who's using handguns? If all someone has when SHTF in this country (invasion, collapse, zombies, etc.) is a handgun, they are in trouble (well, unless you've got skills like Jerry Miculek).

As for police, I can assure there are lots of average joe blows with rifles who will outshoot your average police officer.

Quote: (06-12-2014 08:05 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Building off that thought, we could just justify killing all the lard asses before the invaders get here, tie them to together and block access to our shores.

On a serious note, the US has always had the advantage of being so far away and surrounded by allies to the north and south.

good point-- in all practicality, we have enough goodwill that an attack on the US is really an attack on the US – Canada– Mexico alliance. Good luck fight those three from across the sea.