rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data Sheet: Duluth

Oh, the great north summons once again…

[Image: img_2015-10_aerial-bridge-winter-sunset--duluth_X.jpg]

Here’s what you need to know about Duluth/Two Harbors
Small town mentality at play here, so I hope your day game is good.

Food
Grandma’s runs this town. From the increasingly popular marathon, to the signs everywhere, to the two restaurants within the town itself (there are five McDonald’s if that gives you any scale), Duluth may as well change its name. Food is ok. The burgers are about as American as it gets - two beef pattys and sloppy with grease. Wild rice burgers are… interesting, but good.

[Image: fitgers-wild-rice-burger_crystal-grobe.jpg]

Northern Water Smokehaus might have the best food in town. Sandwiches made by someone who has actually eaten somewhere other than Subway in their life. Smoked fish for sale that’s delicious. Place is overrun by hipsters - two of the four guys working there were wearing fedoras (I shit you not) and the chick behind the fish counter had the big coke bottle retro glasses.

About half an hour drive directly from downtown Duluth is Betty’s Pies over in Two Harbor. Food is ok, but there are about 12 flavors of pies available at any given time.

Taste of Saigon is about as “exotic” as you’ll get up here, typical Americanized-Asian fare.

Nightlife
Not much…
Fitger’s is alright. Massive beer/cider/ale selection. Brewery on site that you can tour during the day. Something to brag about/investigate when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north.

Blackwoods is clearly the winner foodwise, but it wouldn’t be anything to brag about in a tier two or tier one city. It is next door to a hotel, so that might work in your favor.

Heard good things about the Brewhouse but I didn’t get there this time. Apparently Little Angies has a “wall of tequila” I wish someone had told me about before I was driving back to the Twin Cities…

Stuff to do?
Lots of camping and fishing opportunities immediately outside the city. Makes for a good weekend getaway from the Twin Cities. Take a walk down the pier and scope the light houses. Check out Enger Tower. Check out the lift bridge.

You can charter a boat and head out to fish for the day on the largest freshwater lake in the world. I'm thinking this might be a fun thing to do with the boys some weekend.
[Image: lake-superior-fishing.jpg]

Girls...
[Image: d82bd307860385aa411e2ca9432b7c09.jpg]
Snow cows. Nothing but snow cows and hikers. My advice? Go to the Twin Cities, and bring a girl up her for a weekend (but know that you may get a couple wtf looks from people if you’re black guy with an Asian girl in tow, I sure as hell did). The lack of anything to do at night makes daygame essential here. Lots of girls out jogging, hiking, and shopping around Canal Park. UMD might be a worthwhile endeavor to scope out September/October or April/May when school is in session and the weather hasn’t driven everyone inside. Competition seems like it's non-existent, most of the dudes I saw were decked out in flannel, skinny jeans, and white socks.

Don’t bother heading to “Castle Danger”. Quite possibly the most misleading name in history. It’s an unincorporated township with a greater population of moose than people. However, Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors is supposed to be pretty cool, beer aint bad either.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Bob Dylan was born in Duluth....as was Coach McKay from D2 .

That girls tits are bigger then the fish.

Ah, reminded me of my work related trip to Duluth a few years back in the middle of winter. Nice enough people, but zero things to do in the downtown area, other than eat wild rice and trout. Didn't see anything worth chasing, stick to Minneapolis.

I'm working on a project in Minneapolis and wanted to get a taste of Minnesota. Is Duluth worth the trip to pick up non-thick, attractive girls?

Quote: (07-31-2016 11:49 PM)jabba Wrote:  

I'm working on a project in Minneapolis and wanted to get a taste of Minnesota. Is Duluth worth the trip to pick up non-thick, attractive girls?

Duluth can interesting, but not worth a trip specifically for girls. There are far more options in the metro area.

For some short trips to simply explore and get a change of scenery you could head to Stillwater for an afternoon, or Hudson WI, both are on the St. Croix River.

As far as girls, you're already in an area with abundant fit cute girls. Where have you gone so far?

Americans are dreamers too

Your best bet is uptown, downtown, or dinkytown on the weekend for girls.

I gotta do an update on my Minneapolis and St. Paul data sheets, but those should give you a head start.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

There's a rare diamond in the rough but thats about it. I saw a 8/10 in grand marais but everyone else is literally snow cows. Do yourself a favor and stick to the twin cities for girls, and bring them up to the north for fun.

All good advice, Duluth and the north shore are primarily to bring girls on vacation unless...

Unless brave adventurers, you are willing to roll the dice that you can find the strangest international game paradise in northern minnesota. Papa Charlies.

Even if you know where Papa Charlies is you'll say "WTF Doc Howard, a ski resort/chalet bar?" yes. Do not undertake this as a mission to bang girls alone, but roll it in as part of a hobby if you like skiing or golf.

In winter, if you like to ski, go to Lutsen ski resort. Your targets there will not be stuffy twin cities residents, but Canadians who come across the border to the north. These wild sluts shame most american girls in terms of whoredom and also are all interested in getting their american notch. This would be day/early evening game plus pipelining online dating around the locale of the city of thunder bay.

In summer, this same ski resort bar, hides a secret and rare gem. People come up on vacation for golf and hiking, not skiing, but you aren't going to this bar to meet other people on vacation no..not at all. You are going to this bar on "Industry worker night" where the various resorts in the area will drive in some of the few hundred EASTERN EUROPEAN AND RUSSIAN GIRLS working at these places for the tourist season to this, the one and only bar with a dancefloor in the area. The resorts change staff every few months with different batches from different countries so its like an international flag bonanza. There are also carribean girls on visas as well.

Papa charlies is the only time these people get to leave 'the compound' to do anything fun so to speak, and the only time they could possibly bang anyone but thier coworkers.

Pipeline in advance, talk to cute housekeeping staff at the resorts, ask them if they are going to "Papa Charlies" on sunday (I think thats when it was?) and tell them that you are.

My final advice is to not take this on expecting guaranteed win, but certainly a guaranteed adventure.

-----------------------------------------
Food wise, if you are in Duluth, skip over the bridge to go to Superior WI and get a burger at the Anchor Bar. http://anchorbarandgrill.com/

Its a cash only, dingy establishment with a nautical theme and repurposed barber chairs for bar stools in the back. The staff are all bikers or biker wives who will get testy if you don't know how to order and do it quickly (think soup nazi). They may even call you a pussy if you don't order alchohol with your meal.

The burgers are incredible, authentic and the fries are literally made from a potato that is smashed through a press that drops into the fryer when they put in your order. The prices for food and beer are also dirt cheap.

The place is also packed to the tits at lunchtime.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (07-31-2016 11:56 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2016 11:49 PM)jabba Wrote:  

Duluth can interesting, but not worth a trip specifically for girls. There are far more options in the metro area.

For some short trips to simply explore and get a change of scenery you could head to Stillwater for an afternoon, or Hudson WI, both are on the St. Croix River.

As far as girls, you're already in an area with abundant fit cute girls. Where have you gone so far?

Indeed, there are a lot of cute girls in MSP. I've been to Uptown, Downtown, Northeast, and North Loop. I got a ton of numbers cute girls, however that's where it ends.

Only girls I connected with weren't from MSP, girls with boyfriends and a married woman without a ring. I don't like to invest my time and energy into luck re: pussy. Time is the most precious commodity we have.

I'm learning about Minnesota Nice. I don't feel a connection with this city, so I'm looking to travel as much as possible.

Quote: (08-03-2016 08:46 PM)Alpharius Wrote:  

Your best bet is uptown, downtown, or dinkytown on the weekend for girls.

I gotta do an update on my Minneapolis and St. Paul data sheets, but those should give you a head start.

Thanks for the input. I posted to your Minneapolis thread.