rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Privileged Are You: Take The Quiz!

From Buzzfeed: How Privileged Are You?

I clicked them all to get this:

Quote:Quote:

How Privileged Are You?

You live with 100 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

"Checking your privilege" is literally one of the most worthless endeavors a person can engage in. Not only are these lists highly debatable about the assumptions (male privilege, for example) but also they don't do anything but just provide an avenue for classic American judgmentalism.

Regardless, I got a 38 but many questions were bizarre and inapplicable to me, as I have never flown in an airplane.

This was my blurb that made me laugh out loud:

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Let's see some scores!

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

How Privileged Are You?

You live with 31 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

I think that's ironic given the fact that I'm "privileged" as hell. I am white and live in the u.s.. Sure I'm broke but i'm better off then a lot.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

44 out of 100

Funny cause I do feel that I've had a way easier life then many other people but I would attribute it to growing up in the United States with great parents rather than being a white heterosexual Christian male (I'm not even white)..

[Image: e371e56a06fb081fe9f5fd66810d1ea8-0.jpg]

44, also 'priviledged as hell' as skye would say. The stereotypes that can be drawn about white males from the questions in the article are insane. Its like writing "do you like fried chicken" "do you like watermelon" and being surprised when people don't like your survey.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

The quiz makes it seem like the poor homosexuals have it so bad in life. In American cities they're catered to. Dupont Circle is gay paradise.

I got 49/100

And then a bunch of dudes took the privilege test and got a lower score than they thought and went around going "I'm more oppressed than I ever imagined! This quiz told me!" Because buzzfeed is a reliable source of information...

Is it privilege if you can't be bothered to take a test about how shitty your life has/hasn't been?

[Image: aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png]

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Again, the left has become like the nuns were in Catholic school: whipping their followers into an orgy of self-flagellation for the (imagined) sin of having it so good.

There are a slew of problems here, but I'll point out two:

1). The highest rate of suicide is amongst the most "privileged" set, white men. The fact that they want to invalidate a troubled demographic and then lay guilt at their feet speaks volumes. They're the bullies.

2). This is starting to cause blowback and create more prejudice. At some point, people think "Isn't privilege earned?" and then start looking up all the things white men invented and realizing that's how Western Civilization was built. This is what happened with Roissy/Heartiste, I think. Ergo, they're unwittingly creating "racists" and "sexists." Which, of course, keeps them in business.

The takeaway is that when you trash a group of people, those people will inevitably get defensive and see you as the enemy when they might not have before. So where you previously had a "melting pot," we're now breeding white men who see themselves as completely removed from minorities and women (perhaps even the enemy of those groups), thanks to this kind of thing.

71/100. Shout out to the patriarchy and my hetero-normative parents.

LOL I couldn't stop laughing while taking this "test"... I feel sorry for people who actually "check their privilege" in real life. WTF is wrong with people.

I also think some questions are just trivial. Ofcourse I've been called a fag, I'm a man in America. My last notch and my own mother have called me a fag, it's perhaps ironic or a shittest less than serious but still.

Hardworking, entrepreneurial parents.
Fuck privilege, my family earned it.

And yeah, Sky, US male? Every single one has. I most certainly have been called a fag. I had a girl tell me she thought I was gay when she met me, after sex. Im a well dressed college male, we're a rarity apparently.

29 out of 100. I have no privilege. Yet I don't feel gipped.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Are you white?
Yes

Have you ever been discriminated against because of your race?
Yeah, I couldn't get a lot of scholarships in college because of it and being male. [Image: lol.gif]

A lot of these questions actually apply to you if you are poor, white, and grew up around mostly blacks who called you racial epithets and targeted you because of your race.

I got a 32 out of 100, btw. Officially "Not Privileged!" despite being a 7/10 white male.

You live with 76 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

[Image: eee967112415a30e5917b8172543111f-24.jpg]

I guess being privileged is different than being humble/grounded. Meaning they are not mutually exclusive. I imagine people who know me would say to you that I am low key, you wouldn't see any of my privilege oozing out of my pores.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

38/100 I guess I'm not privileged.

You live with 67 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re quite privileged. You’ve had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don’t have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.

You live with 86 out of 100 points of privilege.

58/100

Half of the questions were about gays and trannies...

Quote: (04-22-2014 12:44 AM)Muk Wrote:  

Half of the questions were about gays and trannies...

Check your sexual identification privilege.

40/100 and I left a comment outing my identity and score. Hopefully troll responses hit me in bulk so I can't guilt trip them on inclusiveness via reverse psychology (but isn't so&so movement about equality..?)

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity

What the fuck? Why can't complicated and multifaceted people also be privileged?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before