rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weekend trip to Lviv report

I've promised Roosh that I will write a few words about my weekend trip, so here I am. I live in Warsaw and it was my 3rd trip to Lviv and just like previous ones it was very short - arrived Friday evening, left Monday morning (on previous ones I also had a Thursday nights to go around).

Recently I;'ve decided that I am bored with going to Wroclaw/Gdansk (I have good friends in both this cities) when I want to go somewhere for a weekend and took a trip to Lviv. First in September, second one in December and now went their for 3rd time. After some mass PMs sent before 1st trip via VK I obtain a few contacts which are still valid. I've read "Bang Ukraine" and would say Roosh did a good job with it, but I actually registered here (was only reading for a few months, found RVF looking for Lviv info before 1st trip) because of Hooligan Harry posts and Ive did a research on it and took notes from him (still plan to do it with Oldnemezis , Vorkuta and maybe some other ones are well). From what I see their advices posted in various topics are spot on, just if you go to Lviv you have to know that Western Ukraine is more conserwative, less hardcore and things will get slower there. So have to adjust accordingly.

For the first time I've used blablacar.pl site, when people are looking for passengers for their car trips (usually back home) which helps cover their costs - there is a lot of offers for various trips from Warsaw. I've paid 30 PLN less than I would do for bus ticket and I was 2-3 hours quicker. Driver, Ukrainian who works in Warsaw at Physics Institute was also a great guy and was helpful with some various advices.

Before 1st trip I also tried to do some work through Vkontakte. Was mostly unsuccessful, but got a few contacts which are still working today. When I mentioned my arrival one of the girls told me that shes going to the Sankoff club on Saturday, she told me she will be mostly busy there with other people (something work related), but I can join her few girlfriends at the table. It sounded nicely, so I went there (suited up, there was only one other guy dressed this way) and in general had a good time.

There was 6 girls there on rotation around my table, two of them didn't speak english or polish, so it was difficult to communicate with them. 3 knew english on decent level and one knew polish, as she studied in Warsaw and splits her time 50-50 between Warsaw and Lviv these days. She was also the most open to speak to, with three other girls I've talked to it was more the standard way in FSU countries - you have to talk and ask questions, to make sure conversation is progressing.

When first girl joined me at the table and we had some initial conversation, I wanted to order her a drink. She told me she doesn't drink and I naturally understood it as "I won't drink with you". But when I ordered bottle after other girls joined us she actually wasn't drinking. I am really skeptical, but in general all these girls look like a decent ones - for example they were reasonable with drink expectations. When deciding what to order I clearly told I have no desire to order Whisky, as it makes no sense for me to drink it here, especially when it's more expensive comparing to Poland. So between Wine and Vodka they went for Vodka bottle, after it was finished I bought maybe 3 double shots more. And that was enough for the night.

I paid for taxi to the centre, but they paid for themselves when ordering something at 24hrs McDonalds (I was getting numbers at that time and they seemed to be fine to pay) plus they paid for their own taxi back home. After some dancing, talking and light Kino (which is probably the worst part of my "game" which doesnt really exist) at the club I've later took two numbers. Tried to invite one of them for bowling on Sunday, but she rejected (in usual very polite way), so we exchanged VK contacts and based on yesterday conversation it looks like we will be in contact, so I will try when coming next time here.

But in general girl who invited me to the club and general told her girlfriends I am okay (despite only knowing me from VK communication) has a big social circle, so I think I've made a big progress with my efforts to break into one. It also consists mostly of girls who are into physical activity (amateur or professional), which is a major plus for me, especially in poorer FSU places, when it's usually a best way to take care of herself if you are not able to spend money on cosmetics/saunas/etc...

I hope one day situation in Ukraine will stabilize one way or another, plus I will have enough income from online work, so I wouldn't hesitate much with moving to Lviv (or Ivano-Frankivsk which is nice too). I have no doubt that for me ONS won't be possible with any decent looking girl there, but somehow got my spirits high after that night, cause similar looking girls in Poland would reject me immediately and in very non-polite way.

I won't get into 1-10 scale, but I would expect all of them to be considered "WB" by majority of guys who went to FSU and have expectations in mostly 6-8 category (I mean 6-8 local category, not US). I understand it could be possibly difficult to believe based on what I have written about myself, but thats the way it is. And there's no way I felt like being used - I saw on previous trip at "Metro" club how girls can use Turkish guys buying all the drinks for them and disappearing or just not being interested, I would never accept behaviour like this and in general I've had a good time.

Also, I don't know, maybe if I would be there on more permanent basis, this chicks would be not available to me. But in reality even if going lower on rating scale I would clearly be doing much better than here in Poland. Some things just seem too obvious to not spot them.

Some other highlights:

- If you go to Lviv don't have any hopes of using RVF in McDonalds's. I've tried in 3 different places and everywhere I was banned. I guess Roosh when destroying all Deb_Auchery accounts banned IP number used by McDonald there. For a moment I was curious why he banned me, but in next one cafe I could use RVF without any problem.

- I've started my night at Sankoff around 9 pm and until midnight ratios were amazing. After midnight it got worse, but in Lviv worse means from amazing to decent/good. Majority of girls was also good/very good looking. There was for example one which looked like at least 8,5 to me, who was dancing alone for a long time, when in Warsaw she would be dancing alone for maybe 15 seconds in some decent club and guys would be quickly all over her.

- Crisis is clearly hard on local guys, so now they have even bigger problems getting to the clubs. Girls still have their Ladies Nights, or just find another way to get in. So I guess ratios recently got better. I would expect that usually it's more girls in Sankoff (or other places) comparing to last weekend, but one week before Easter (and night before Palm Sunday) some of them won't be thinking about going to the club. Unfortunately I didn't visit this time any places I saw before (Anturazh, Fashion, Metro, Millenium - I like them in that order, but for high value guys Fashion will be probably better, even if Anturazh is decent and there is a very good Georgian or Armenian restaurant (Bagrationi?) in the same building.

- Lviv wasn't expensive before, but now it's insanely cheap. Around New Year I would get 2,75 hrivnas for 1 PLN, now I've got 4 hrivnas. And prices - at least for tourists services or products - didn't go up or went up slightly. I've paid 100hrivnas for Nemiroff bottle in the club, which is now around 8 USD. Unlike first two times I even didn't spend a full budget. 4 USD for decent breakfast and its difficult to spend more than 5 USD on taxi.

- Due to people being scared because of politics (but for no real reason, at least when coming to Lviv at the moment) there are barely any foreign tourists in Lviv. You still have students, but despite me walking a lot as usual I only overheard once somebody talking english. Before it was like once per hour maybe. Girl from hostel when I was staying (I enjoy the place, owners are very helpful and without any legit ONS chances I don't see a reason going for more fancy place, especially when this hostel has amazing location in old town) told me I am first foreigner since February.

- Hostel was fully booked and I was the only male guest there. Yes, there was around 16-18 girls sleeping there for 2 nights, with average age around 19 years old. Unfortunately no decent english and no polish whatsoever (they were from Kiev or Eastern Ukraine) language, so besides small talk I didn't see a chance to try anything.

- Its not a surprise but being Polish seems to be big DHV in Western Ukraine, plus you have a chance to use polish language to help communicate with some girls.

- A lot of groups consisting 3-4 girls walking on the streets and stopping them and start talking seemed to be relatively easy. Good opener seems to be looking for group of girls who are taking pictures, as they usually are looking for someone to make a wider photos for all of them. In general girls seem to be very receptive and if rejections happen, it happens in very polite way.

- When I was trying to overcome my "ban" at McDonals I sat there opposing one Arab looking guy waiting for his girlfriend. Not sure if he was Turkish or from other country. But I wasnt really surprised when his girl arrived and she was under average for local standards, mostly because of being fat for local standards.

- Ukrainian chicks seem to be significant slimmer than Polish girls. After 34 years in Poland it's difficult to impress me with female look, but it's no question that our girls are getting worse. It's 50-50 betwee western ideas poisoning their brain and just getting fatter and more sloppy in appearance.

- Only thing which worries me a little bit from what I spotted in Lviv is that it seems to be popular (its low scale, but higher than I would expect) to have a something which looks like a small needle [Image: dodgy.gif] put in the nose (not sure how to call it properly). Saw at least 6-8 girls this way and it wasnt related to their poor looks or lack of feminity in other aspects. But I really enjoy a country when girls don't have (hopefully it's because they know it sucks and it's not because they can't afford it) tattoes, which are getting consistently more popular in Poland.

- Ukrainian men have a terrible reputation there, but it's interesting to watch average local guy opening one chick or group of them with some comment and quickly getting their attention and making girls laugh. I am talking even about average middle aged guys. Saw this situation a few times now.

- Coming back by bus I was talking to Lithuanian chick with crazy hair colour and I wasnt too surprised when during some conversations on society/politics she said she was into feminism (slim, but not attractive). Talk to her for some time, and it was fun seeing her reacting to my red pillish arguments (especially on fatties), but I would say she was kind of reasonable for feminists we can find around.

- After we crossed border I've learnt that there is an American guy (based in US, who had a trip to Europe, part time work related, part time tourist) in the bus and... surprise, surprise, he was a male feminist. But we also had a decent conversation, he didn't seem to be very disturbed by my opinion, plus I was intrigued as he was from Baltimore and had some interesting comments on it. He also mentioned that his current girlfriend was 50 pounds heavier than him and he did it after I clearly told him my opinion on fatties.

I think thats all. Its not a datasheet and I am open to answer some questions (here or via PM), but was trying to be detailed as possible, even if mine and your perspective will differ, but hopefully you will be able to adjust my report to your SMV and somehow will learn something from it about current Lviv situation.

Sorry for all spelling and grammar mistakes as well.

I forgot to mention that I am open to grab a beer when somebody will visit Warsaw.

PS. I forgot - one of the girls who was sitting with me at the table said "Fuck Feminism" when we were discussing polish chicks I think. I will definitely be back there...[Image: idea.gif]

Awesome Report!

Welcome to the forum and I hope other newbies take note.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (04-15-2014 01:23 PM)whoishe Wrote:  

I've promised Roosh that I will write a few words about my weekend trip, so here I am.

they paid for their own taxi back home. After some dancing, talking and light Kino (which is probably the worst part of my "game" which doesnt really exist) at the club I've later took two numbers. Tried to invite one of them for bowling on Sunday, but she rejected (in usual very polite way), so we exchanged VK contacts and based on yesterday conversation it looks like we will be in contact, so I will try when coming next time here.

PS. I forgot - one of the girls who was sitting with me at the table said "Fuck Feminism" when we were discussing polish chicks I think. I will definitely be back there...[Image: idea.gif]

+1 for really good account..

I don't even feel bad I struck out in Lviv, because they are so nice about it when they are not interested.

Seriously, I almost would rather talk to a Ukraine girl who rejects me than a sneering, patronizing American Female Transvestite who "tolerates" me being around her.

Great report, man. Honestly, all the madness in Ukraine has made me more excited than ever about checking out Lvov and Ukraine in general. Prices are crashing and the local women are becoming desperate. What more can a man ask for...

Two comments though...

1.) Lol about Deb Auchery. I think he's left Lvov now though, not sure..

2.) How on earth did you not capitalize on that hostel situation? I just can't see how language barrier would be relevant. Go caveman..

Thanks for a good word guys.
Quote: (04-17-2014 12:17 AM)SpecialEd Wrote:  

2.) How on earth did you not capitalize on that hostel situation? I just can't see how language barrier would be relevant. Go caveman..
I guess its some kind of inner block (including their age) to go caveman from the start. Maybe I would do differently if there would be a chance for isolation there, but never saw them outside of hostel and they were closely connected together when inside. Hopefully I'll learn down the road and will have a chance to do better in similar situation next time.

whoishe,

How is english language in Lviv and ivano frankivsk? If a man who only speak english comes to Lviv would he be able to get by and also meet many ladies?

Also, I always found Polish girl to be friendly and behave wildly. Are the girls in Lviv the same or more conservative and harder or longer to lay?

Quote: (04-17-2014 10:44 AM)dontuan Wrote:  

whoishe,

How is english language in Lviv and ivano frankivsk? If a man who only speak english comes to Lviv would he be able to get by and also meet many ladies?

Also, I always found Polish girl to be friendly and behave wildly. Are the girls in Lviv the same or more conservative and harder or longer to lay?

I think you would do alright with only english in Lviv, of course you will have situations when it's just better to move on to next object(s), but there will be enough girls with whom you will do alright. Getting by around the city only knowing english also shouldn;t be a big issue, they are quite used to tourists. But I would estimate that in restaurant/cafes/shops level of english will be lower than when talking to girls on the street, but you also need less language skills to order a meal (with english menu usually available) than talking to girl. I mix it with polish language (plus some russian + ukrainian words) so it's easier for me there.

It will be more difficult in Ivano-Frankivsk for sure, I was there once in December and sometimes polish + english wasn't enough. But its an opinion based on more general conversation with various kind of people than talking to "targeted" girls, I didn't talk to girls too much during that day. I've had 2-3 contacts on VK from I-F who were helpful and their english was decent, but it was pre-selected and neither of them wanted to meet (I did much less work with it comparing to Lviv though).

Regarding polish girls - as I've mentioned I am not someone who will make a positive opinion on them based on my experience, but I can see them getting much friendlier among other guys. I would say that they can be quite wild on average, and it's not only happening in big cities.
They are wild discos in small towns and villages where amazing things happen, but its a path which is very rare tried by foreigners. It also could be quite risky, as local guys can get quite aggressive in generalt there, especially the ones who doesn;t tolerate alcohol in their system particularly well.

There are a lot of topics - "Industrial Shithole" and "Ukraine II Thread" are a great start and Roosh, Hooligan Harry, Oldnemezis and Vorkura posts are a great start to learn about Ukraine and FSU in general, where it was proven that in general Ukrainian girls (and Lviv are the most extreme in this aspect) are more conservative (sometimes it just means that their "game" is better) and significantly more difficult to get an ONS or quick (1-2) date sex than in Poland. After my recent trip, despite limited material to observe, it seems to be true.

And like I have written in my report - they also seem to be much more friendly comparing to polish girls, but I am not sure if I am a good example about it with making general statements. They are friendier towards me for sure. If you are not looking like Turkish guy and you leave majority of your Western game at the border you will do fine I'm sure.

Hey OP,

Why did you choose Lviv instead of Kiev?

Was it a logistical choice, or was it due to political tensions?

Quote: (04-17-2014 11:19 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Hey OP,

Why did you choose Lviv instead of Kiev?

Was it a logistical choice, or was it due to political tensions?
Logistiics play a big part - like I said I am from Warsaw and all my trips were short (Thursday-Monday was the longest), so I would waste more time traveling to Kiev. Lviv is also better looking city with a lot of history, one girl from KIev mentioned to me that average Ukrainian will consider Lviv as a city with soul (lets say like Cracow in Poland) and Kiev doesn;t have any soul (like Warsaw).

I have also budget limitations which are less visible when I am in Lviv, as according to reports Kiev - especially in tourist centre - seems to be different kind of animal regarding prices. And Ivano-FRankivsk was even cheaper than Lviv when I visited it in December.

Also connection to Poland seemed important for me, possibility to help myself talking in polish, history of Lviv as a part of Poland plus these days despite awful history around WW2 being Polish seems to be DHV there. I wouldn't have this advantages in Kiev and I need all the help I can get.

Last thing - Lviv just looks to me like a place where I could re-locate. Slower tempo, nice looking city, girls which actually give me a chance, close to Poland and unlike Prague or Budapest (great looking Eastern Europe cities) it's actually looks and feels different comparing to Western/Central Europe.

But I am looking frequently at plane tickets offered for Kiev and with right offer it's possible I would go there for a short term trip.

Question - can we put here links to discussion from another forum (non-PUA)? I've read today two very interesting discussions regarding dealings with FSU ladies and would like to share it, didn't see it at previous topics related to that region.

whoishe,

Thanks so much for the posts and sharing. Welcome to the board and I hope you stay! [Image: smile.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I have written that in Lvov you get the girls you dream of in Poland but you cannot have.Also that being Pole is a DHV in western Poland they are deeply respected and in a degree feared.Western Ukraine is a common hunting ground for polish guys while Belarus and is hunting ground for Russians.

Quote:Quote:

Crisis is clearly hard on local guys, so now they have even bigger problems getting to the clubs. Girls still have their Ladies Nights, or just find another way to get in. So I guess ratios recently got better.

[Image: spongebob.gif]

Quote: (04-17-2014 02:59 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

I have written that in Lvov you get the girls you dream of in Poland but you cannot have. Also that being Pole is a DHV in western Poland they are deeply respected and in a degree feared.Western Ukraine is a common hunting ground for polish guys while Belarus and is hunting ground for Russians.
Its difficult for me to start arguing with you, as you have much more experience. but minor correction on my part - somehow I've got a feeling that high value foreigners (from Latin countries because of polish women fetish or maybe Germans/Scandinavias because of their financial power) would do much better in Poland comparing to Ukraine (or Western Ukraine). Especially if we would talk here mostly about short term trips.

Whoisshe, I am so glad that finally an AFC starts a thread. I was starting to worry as I kept reading thread after thread of forum guys who rate themselves as tall and good-looking with above average game and bankroll hitting this region. While that might be worthwhile reading it would not appeal much to the "average Joe" who might not have the looks or money to pull hotshot game. It also appears from your description that even Lviv is no "pussy paradise" and some aggressive game needs to be run to pull anything above a 7.

Its of course difficult when you are there short term (I was there for weekend), but if you plan to stay there for longer (difficult to tell me how long exactly though...) I would expect/guess that high value guys can get more than 7.

Also, it's important that I have a different perspective, and of course I would be happy with dating 6-7 for local standards, as it would be much better comparing to recent situation I have at home. Report is written from my own perspective, as I;ve tried to gave back something to community which provided me with plenty of interesting information. In general I hope Lviv (and Western Ukraine) can be a pussy paradise for me, even if mine definition would differ much to others.

I don't actually have a skills to run "aggressive game", but based on my research (and thats something which I actually do very well, as it pays my bills) I would be afraid of using aggressive game there, unless you mean as "aggressive" - putting a lot of effort to meet various girls.
Earlier today I read somewhere else a 26-pages long topic with report done by some relatively high value guy around 35 yrs old from Sillicon Valley who despite doing well back home with local girls (in ONS way at least), speaking almost fluent Russian, being in shape, putting a lot on effort into his appearance and doing a lot of pipelining - failed big time trying to run Western Game (maybe slightly tone down version of it) in Vladivostok when looking for LTR. I know its different part of FSU, but the way he struggled seemed quite similar to guys who visited Ukraine and posted on RVF.

At least guys here adjusted their game after initial failings and he was too stubborn to do it.

Edit: After posting it, now I think I maybe should leave "Game" debacle to much more experienced players.

"Earlier today I read somewhere else a 26-pages long topic with report done by some relatively high value guy around 35 yrs old from Sillicon Valley who despite doing well back home with local girls (in ONS way at least), speaking almost fluent Russian, being in shape, putting a lot on effort into his appearance and doing a lot of pipelining - failed big time trying to run Western Game (maybe slightly tone down version of it) in Vladivostok when looking for LTR. I know its different part of FSU, but the way he struggled seemed quite similar to guys who visited Ukraine and posted on RVF."

Any chance you can post a link to this article? Eastern Siberia has been on my radar for a long time and I would love to read over this report in-depth.

Quote: (04-17-2014 08:28 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

"Earlier today I read somewhere else a 26-pages long topic with report done by some relatively high value guy around 35 yrs old from Sillicon Valley who despite doing well back home with local girls (in ONS way at least), speaking almost fluent Russian, being in shape, putting a lot on effort into his appearance and doing a lot of pipelining - failed big time trying to run Western Game (maybe slightly tone down version of it) in Vladivostok when looking for LTR. I know its different part of FSU, but the way he struggled seemed quite similar to guys who visited Ukraine and posted on RVF."

Any chance you can post a link to this article? Eastern Siberia has been on my radar for a long time and I would love to read over this report in-depth.
Its not new unfortunately and its more of a diary then report. Also, hopefully you will pay bail for me when I will get banned for it [Image: angel.gif] - http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/in...ic=11863.0

I actually disagree kind of... Its of course difficult when you are there short term (I was there for weekend), but if you plan to stay there for longer (difficult to tell me how long exactly though...) I would expect/guess that high value guys can get more than 7.

Do you mean that if a foreigner stayed in the country longer he would be able to have one night stands and many women? I guess I want to know the overall culture and the women's sexual openness if you stay there as a high status local.

Also I do think guys who in fail in eastern europe countries tend to be loudmouth westerners. I'm more of a friendly warm patient but fun person and that tends to go over well. Only in cultures like the US, Britain, Ireland, Australia does excessive try-hard showcasing behavior work.

Quote: (04-17-2014 08:56 PM)dontuan Wrote:  

I actually disagree kind of... Its of course difficult when you are there short term (I was there for weekend), but if you plan to stay there for longer (difficult to tell me how long exactly though...) I would expect/guess that high value guys can get more than 7.

Do you mean that if a foreigner stayed in the country longer he would be able to have one night stands and many women? I guess I want to know the overall culture and the women's sexual openness if you stay there as a high status local.

Also I do think guys who in fail in eastern europe countries tend to be loudmouth westerners. I'm more of a friendly warm patient but fun person and that tends to go over well. Only in cultures like the US, Britain, Ireland, Australia does excessive try-hard showcasing behavior work.
I don;t have enough knowledge to give an accurate answer, as I am not high status local.

But I believe you need to make a distinction between Eastern Europe and FSU countries. "Friendly, warm and patient" sounds good, but if you being fun means "negging" for example than based on reports it won't work in Ukraine/Russia.

This two topics are really must-read:
"Ukraine Part I"- http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-11338.html
"Ukraine Part II" - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-24884.html

For my own use I also compiled all "Hooligan Harry" posts on FSU women in one file, which I find extremely helpful.

The problem American guys face in EE is that their game and culture are incompatible with the region.

I have a Euro dad and am naturally reserved, so I can adjust very well. But EE women don't like the 'loud and overly sure of themself' American. They deem such behavior uncouth.

In your opinion how do polish and Ukrainian guys compare in terms of appearance style?
I also think Americans are more geared towards the EE because they get too personal quickly and are friendly. Europeans are more tactful and have the advantages that they value the power of silence.

I was in Lviv/Lvov a few weeks ago.

I found it hard work compared to Kiev and other parts of Ukraine, they are very conservative.

The mood was somber when I was there, just after the violence in Kiev. The clubs were completely empty, funerals in the street, alcohol restrictions etc.

Quote: (04-18-2014 03:39 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

In your opinion how do polish and Ukrainian guys compare in terms of appearance style?
I also think Americans are more geared towards the EE because they get too personal quickly and are friendly. Europeans are more tactful and have the advantages that they value the power of silence.
Difference is significant just because there is a difference with incomes. More income=better clothes + more cash to take care of himself.

Im sure if you would compare polish guys from Poland B or Poland C to upper level of Kiev guys then Poles would be crushed in comparison (but I am guessing here).

Comparing Warsaw situation to Lviv Polish guys need to up their game, cause they have much better competition from foreigners. Even Erasmus students from Spaib are players on the scene, mostly because Polish chicks have a Fetish for Spaniards (and other Latinos).

Like I said in initial report, I was very impressed with a way Ukrainian guys can start a conversation in public places with decent (or better) looking girls. I mean not necessary pick-up, aften it looked like a small talk that older guys (who looked like physical workers and who were eating in McD) started with young girls standing in line. After two-three exchanges dievuszki were aften laughing/giggling, so these guys done well. Rarely see situations like this in Warsaw, I would guess it would more aften presented by girls with creeping/stalking categories.

I am mentioning it because local guys are usually only rate here for their Caveman game, but it has to be something more to it.

Yes, Ukrainian and Russian guys are smooth talkers you notice that if you speak Russian. Did you visit Fashion club,Millennium?Were there other Poles in Lvov?In your opinion polish or Ukrainian girls tend to drink more?Ukrainian also dance quite differently more feminine and not so sexy aggressive like polish girls. They alsol tend to wear higher heels and more make-up.Did you see any Ukrainian guys aka polish dresiarz or Ukrainian women looking like suczki,blachary?
How do you think an Ukrainian guy would fare in Poland?

Quote: (04-18-2014 03:48 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  

I was in Lviv/Lvov a few weeks ago.

I found it hard work compared to Kiev and other parts of Ukraine, they are very conservative.

The mood was somber when I was there, just after the violence in Kiev. The clubs were completely empty, funerals in the street, alcohol restrictions etc.

What was Kiev like? Is it still civil war-ish?