rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Untapped Market of Poon: Small Music Venues and “Indie” Shows

Live music has been a key part of my sex life since...well, since forever. My first time fondling a pair of big soft boobs was after a punk rock show, the hottest girl I banged in high school did so after I took her to a ska concert, and working at my university's radio station gave me free access to 100’s of shows...an easy way to invite college sluts out.

Now, in my game-aware early 30’s, I am rediscovering just how easy it is to snipe cute little pixie looking girls who like to attend shows.

It does help that I have a deep knowledge of the NYC music scene and know a lot of dudes who play music...including some in a very well known Brooklyn band. Name dropping that shit without sounding like a prick gets a lot of these bitches panties creamy.

But, even if you can't wax eloquent on your cities independent music scene, I’m sure the ladies found at these venues will still be receptive to good game.

[Image: hot_hipster_girls_087.jpg]

*Note...the girls found in the indie music habitat don’t respond very well to overly cocky braggadocio type of game. Run some confident nice guy, world aware, creative and interesting type of game and these cuties will be accompanying you home at the end of the night. Also: its probably best not to wear a suit, but being well dressed will definitely make you stand out from all of the slovenly hipster dorks that attend shows.

Girls at a music venue are probably the easiest girls in the world to start talking to. A lot of times they will be standing alone, waiting for the band and you can say anything. “That first band wasn’t so good”, “Have you seen these guys before?”, “Nice flannel shirt”, “So, lets be friends”. You get the idea…just start talking.

The good news also is that the indie music here in NY has drifted away from mediocre guitar players whining about some stupid shit, and has evolved into more electronic territory. This music is much more tolerable and brings more girls out.

The competition at most of these spots is usually nil. The guys who attend are usually with their own girl, or so timid that they would never even attempt to approach a pretty girl.

Last week I went to a show...the band was La Femme...kind of a silly French band but the music is fun and danceable. I knew there would be lots of hot European girls there and I was right. The venue was packed with about 75% females, good looking ones. I was being eyefucked left and right, especially after I started talking to a bunch of them. It was such a good feeling being the desired one, this has only happened a handful of times and when it does happen…I am fucking bulletproof.

Ended up taking the hottest girl out for drinks after the show and then home with me. Plus got four solid numbers of other cute Euro girls looking for excitement.

The most successful night out all year.

So if you are into cute girls who are not used to being around guys with game, hit up your local indie venue.

[Image: IMG_7309.JPG]

Here are some in NYC that I have frequented.

The Knitting Factory
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Great spot because there is a big bar in the front that you can hang out in without actually going into the venue. You can still see the bands play through the glass and not have to pay a cover charge to go in. They also have a lot of free events, check the website. I have pulled from here numerous times.

The Mercury Lounge
Lower East Side. Cool place, perfect size and sound system to see a band you enjoy. A bar in the front separates you from the performance space so you can easily talk to girls if there is a band you don’t feel like listening to. I made out here with the lead singer of a Danish band after her show.

The Bowery Ballroom

Lower East Side. Bigger place, higher cover charge. I had lots of luck in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s here when I used to go every week. Huge downstairs lounge with lots of comfy couches. Place has changed a lot but you can still find lots and lots of girls here. Banged in the bathroom downstairs during a very sweaty punk show.

Union Pool
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Big, popular bar in the front, huge backyard and venue in the back. This place gets packed and crazy on the weekend but it’s my favorite spot during warm weeknights. Endless opportunities for women. And people go here to hook up. Have done it more times here than any other place in the world.

Music Hall of Williamsburg
Brooklyn. Same as the Bowery. Certain bands bring out the ladies and I have seen tons of them here. Great location because you can easily bounce from here to dozens of different good bars on the same block.

Cameo Gallery
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. My new favorite haunt. Nice bar in the front, in the back, past the bathrooms, is a door that opens up to a big performance space. There have been some great dance parties here on the weekends that end with a lot of horny girls looking for some more fun. Give them that fun.

Glasslands
Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Another place that has fun dance parties late at night. This is where I saw La Femme and had the night of my life with dozens of beautiful European ladies. Inspired me to write this post.

Thats just a start, there are tons more spots around the city...and a lot of them are free. I chose to pick the ones that usually charge a cover because I find that higher quality girls are found at the shows where you have to buy tickets.

But I have also met and banged a lot of decent girls at venues that are much smaller and free.

I encourage you to try this market, especially if you are more of an introvert, a music lover, a creative type, and not a huge fan of loud clubs where you can't have a conversation.

It has and still does work wonders for me.

[Image: large.jpg]

Quote: (03-28-2014 06:04 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

The good news also is that the indie music here in NY has drifted away from mediocre guitar players whining about some stupid shit, and has evolved into more electronic territory. This music is much more tolerable and brings more girls out.

QFT. The trending away from White Stripes/Radiohead rock clones to more funky beats is a welcome one.

Also to add to your list: Grand Victory for live music and Passenger Bar for drinks; both in south side Williamsburg.

I've noticed that the hotter hipster/alt girls are in Brooklyn these days rather than East Village/LES. More sorority types seem to be moving into those areas. I haven't delved too much into Ave C or the LES/Chinatown border, maybe that's where the talent's scurried off to.

Quote: (03-28-2014 06:04 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

[Image: large.jpg]

I think a story about how you banged this chick would be in order [Image: biggrin.gif]

Nice!!!!!!!!!!! Long legs and long hair...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

^Nah, I pulled that pic from a google search.

Although her style and body are identical to the French chick I banged from Glasslands.

These places are also a lot more fun than a bar or a club. I can vouch for Bowery... cool place.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I have been going to shows since I was 14. When I was young I was always blasted out of my mind and 'there for the music' and would stumble into pussy. Now when I go I notice the eye fucks everywhere and the approaches just happen so easily. I would add Highline Ballroom, Brooklyn Bowl, Cake Shop, Piano's & lots of other little venues around Greenpoint and South Williamsburg. Despite the crappy location and venue, Terminal 5 gets a lot of great acts.

Theres lots of cute girls at these "pussy rock" shows. I call it that because its so safe and happy and the band's make sure they look perfect before playing. I usually stand out from every ironic guy there but feel the girls wouldht want anything to do with me. Maybe I should try to approach and see what happens haha.

Thinks for the heads up about not being overly cocky...Sometimes I feel as if I display myself as too arrogant/cocky.

Quote: (03-29-2014 03:12 PM)Screwston Wrote:  

Theres lots of cute girls at these "pussy rock" shows. I call it that because its so safe and happy and the band's make sure they look perfect before playing. I usually stand out from every ironic guy there but feel the girls wouldht want anything to do with me. Maybe I should try to approach and see what happens haha.

Are they mostly white?

Yeti - the girls? Yeah probably 85%.

Quote: (03-29-2014 04:30 PM)Screwston Wrote:  

Yeti - the girls? Yeah probably 85%.

I'm a white boy and I have the same feeling around them - like I don't belong. Nonetheless, indie shows are a goldmine.

In L.A. the venues for this scene were mainly Satellite(formerly the legendary Spaceland) and The Echo/Echoplex. There's a spot called the Bootleg Theatre and The Smell downtown. On the west side there is a place called Bergamont station that sometimes has art shows that full of girls that look of an American Apparel billboard. And the Brewery Art Walk downtown. Fine hipster girls all over the place.

I don't know, I've always found this scene very social-networky and cliquish. Most people showing up in groups of friends and leaving with that same group. Making it obvious you are there for the reason of approaching girls and not the scene for it's own sake comes off as "douchey" to them and the worst thing anyone can be in the hipster scene is a douche. It's the ultimate hipster insult and these types you usually have to be very indirect with. I NEVER see any macking going on in these places. Like OP said, guys are mostly with girls they are already seeing or sets of friends.

From what I saw when visiting LA, the scene is just like what speakeasy described..."social-networky and cliquish"...very different from New York.

Other cities I have been to with smaller venues, a big indie scene, and an open atmosphere similar to NYC are: Portland, San Francisco, Austin, Jacksonville, Montreal, Chicago, Tuscon, and Chapel Hill.

I have been to all of them, most of the time completely on my own, and have had success meeting girls. Again...easiest place ever to start a conversation.

In the smaller cities, the vibe is almost like a house party.

I was seeing the same faces when I was always going to local shows and speakeasy is right. Its like everyone knows each other, dresses like each other, has matching prison style tattoos, etc but wtf is a hipster guy going to do if you talk to the girls? now, im thinking it might be an advantage to be different than everyone and be a mysterious, regular.

I'm actually at one of these places eight now catching an Indie rock show. I don't think there's one girl here that isn't with a guy. But I'm just here for the music tonight.

PS - Never use the word "bro" within earshot of anyone in this scenes.

Dressing like a regular joe in hipster venues is going to hurt you. Just like any other subculture, the girls strongly prefer to date within their own tribe (especially in the longer term) and how you look is the no. 1 indicator of whether you belong to the tribe. From their perspective, if you're not dressed hipster or don't have good style (hipster girls have a much greater appreciation for well dressed men than regular girls) you're going to be labelled as someone whose "not cool", and being perceived as cool is of paramount importance to hipsters. The more authentically hipster the girl/venue, the more this is the case.

Screwston, I know you're a big punk/hardcore fan. Next time you're in a hipster venue trying rocking something like a Black Flag tee, slim black jeans and Doc Martens type boots, then try approaching. I guarantee you'll notice the difference.

This is solid advice. For the ATL guys: Drunken Unicorn, Masquerade, & Variety Playhouse. It's not an uncommon thing to catch girls rolling solo at these places. At DU & VP, hipster level 9/10. Masquerade depends on who's performing.

"What's the difference between us.
We can start at the penis.
Or scream I just don't give a fuck and see who really means it."
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III

I hang out in Ann Arbor a lot, and there's plenty of this stuff going on... but damn, this freezing winter just shut almost everything down.

I really want to move to NYC, maybe for a year and just see how crazy I can get. Then head to some place warm like Austin.

Either way, I usually thrive at these types of shows. Great advice!

Any good venues like this in DC?

Quote: (03-30-2014 12:35 PM)younggamer1992 Wrote:  

I have been to the 9:30 club in DC and found some friendly girls. But its still fucking DC.

Quote: (03-30-2014 01:11 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

I have been to the 9:30 club in DC and found some friendly girls. But its still fucking DC.
Fuck DC. I've been to 930 and saw old men.

I think this is very location dependent. Sounds like it's a gold mine in NYC.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia. We're nationally famous for our small live music venues and indie shows (it's a very hipster city) BUT the quality at those places is terrible. Most you get are 5s and 6s with the occasional 7s, and those young girls are in the minority. The majority are older, min late-30s crowd, most are men. Any talent you spot there would be on a date with some guy, or dating the guy in the band. The rest are in very social-networky and cliquish groups, as worded above.

Rock and Roll Hotel (probably my fav bar in DC) and sometimes d9 although that one is very hit or miss.

still though it's dc so it inherently blows, and most cute girls there aren't going to rock/indie/whatever shows anyway.

Quote: (03-30-2014 09:39 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

I think this is very location dependent. Sounds like it's a gold mine in NYC.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia. We're nationally famous for our small live music venues and indie shows (it's a very hipster city) BUT the quality at those places is terrible. Most you get are 5s and 6s with the occasional 7s, and those young girls are in the minority. The majority are older, min late-30s crowd, most are men. Any talent you spot there would be on a date with some guy, or dating the guy in the band. The rest are in very social-networky and cliquish groups, as worded above.

I will say, OP said this was his most successful night out so far in 2014 and it was 100% with European girls. The fact that they're at a fun show in a foreign environment talking to a cool, chilled out dude is one thing, a great thing. And Williamsburg gets a lot of European tourists passing through the area. But I think with American/Anglo hipster girls we simply should not be toning down the cockiness/attraction spiking. They can be just as vicious towards "nice guys" as regular girls.

And what speakeasy said about the social networks rings true as well. If it's 2 girls going out is one thing, but if you don't have the energy to infiltrate the entire group and play isolation, then it becomes no different than bar/club game.

This is why I'm fine-tuning my EU-radar to avoid frumpy American girls as much as possible. Choose your targets well.