rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old infertile woman writes book warning against delayed motherhood...

Am I really seeing this on CNN?

Quote:Quote:

She also argues that feminism may have misled Gen X women by avoiding the topic of motherhood and biology. The trend of delaying motherhood was meant to empower women, but ironically it may have boomeranged, leaving scores of women infertile and desperate to have a baby. Selvaratnam believes that we need to reset the conversation and reconcile motherhood with also being an educated, independent, successful woman.

Emphasis added.

delete

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Don't worry, there's plenty of orphans in Africa to adopt.

Edit: Oh wait, now with Obamacare, we can help her try to get pregnant past the wall. The generation shat out by post waller's is going to be full of down's syndrome and other genetic defects.
When can we start Gattaca?

Selvaratnam is also hoping that her book will be a policy changer. She's advocating for better health insurance to cover infertility treatments as well as better public education for women.

Lol what kind of idiot sees celebrities getting pregnant in their 40's and assumes they can do the same thing with no problem? I thought it was common sense that its easier for them in their teens and 20's then gets harder after that. Ive always known older women have a higher chance of popping out retarded kids so put 2 and 2 together. I don't feel sorry for any of these women.

Quote: (01-23-2014 07:13 AM)commiejoe Wrote:  

Selvaratnam is also hoping that her book will be a policy changer. She's advocating for better health insurance to cover infertility treatments as well as better public education for women.

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

Red-pill message hijacked for blue-pill purpose.

I'm the King of Beijing!

The thing is that older women who can't have children should be blaming themselves...It's the lack of personal responsibility and ownership that they lack is truly frightening to me.

I mean in this day and age they cannot plead ignorance to their bodily changes like the menopause.

Modern women are selfish idiotic children.

The she's not the first. There was an elder feminist at Princeton who warned the younger generation about putting off mate selection. Susan Patton: http://www.businessinsider.com/princeton...ian-2013-3

Proud Princeton alumna Susan A. Patton — the president of the class of 1977 — has a message for the women of Princeton today: Find your husband now, before you are old and all of the elite men have settled for dumb, pretty girls.
Seriously. In an editorial published in today's Daily Princetonian, Patton writes:
Forget about having it all, or not having it all, leaning in or leaning out — here’s what you really need to know that nobody is telling you...
…For most of you, the cornerstone of your future and happiness will be inextricably linked to the man you marry, and you will never again have this concentration of men who are worthy of you.
Unsurprisingly, Patton's well-intended, yet mindblowingly retro, "advice" has caused quite a stir, both for its regressive understanding of male-female relationships and its preposterous Ivy League elitism.
Patton writes:
I am the mother of two sons who are both Princetonians. My older son had the good judgment and great fortune to marry a classmate of his, but he could have married anyone. My younger son is a junior and the universe of women he can marry is limitless. Men regularly marry women who are younger, less intelligent, less educated. It’s amazing how forgiving men can be about a woman’s lack of erudition, if she is exceptionally pretty. Smart women can’t (shouldn’t) marry men who aren’t at least their intellectual equal. As Princeton women, we have almost priced ourselves out of the market. Simply put, there is a very limited population of men who are as smart or smarter than we are. And I say again — you will never again be surrounded by this concentration of men who are worthy of you.
Of course, once you graduate, you will meet men who are your intellectual equal — just not that many of them. And, you could choose to marry a man who has other things to recommend him besides a soaring intellect. But ultimately, it will frustrate you to be with a man who just isn’t as smart as you.
And for female Princeton seniors, Patton has one more "truth" that no one is talking about:
As freshman women, you have four classes of men to choose from. Every year, you lose the men in the senior class, and you become older than the class of incoming freshman men. So, by the time you are a senior, you basically have only the men in your own class to choose from, and frankly, they now have four classes of women to choose from. Maybe you should have been a little nicer to these guys when you were freshman.

Forty may be the new 30, but our ovaries have not gotten the same makeover.

Awesome quote from the article, lol.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

The backlash will come--and is coming--but it will be "led" by women. Even though the ideas are men's, we're not allowed to say the truth. It'll be chicks appropriating the things guys like us have been saying, writing books about it, and making money off it.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (01-23-2014 02:15 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

The backlash will come--and is coming--but it will be "led" by women. Even though the ideas are men's, we're not allowed to say the truth. It'll be chicks appropriating the things guys like us have been saying, writing books about it, and making money off it.

Fine by me; I don't mind a few women making money while debating the fat fuck femcunts and Amandyke Marccuntts of the world.

Slowly but surely feminism seems to be getting more defensive these days.

Quote: (01-23-2014 10:17 AM)soup Wrote:  

The she's not the first. There was an elder feminist at Princeton who warned the younger generation about putting off mate selection. Susan Patton: http://www.businessinsider.com/princeton...ian-2013-3

Proud Princeton alumna Susan A. Patton — the president of the class of 1977 — has a message for the women of Princeton today: Find your husband now, before you are old and all of the elite men have settled for dumb, pretty girls.
Seriously. In an editorial published in today's Daily Princetonian, Patton writes:
Forget about having it all, or not having it all, leaning in or leaning out — here’s what you really need to know that nobody is telling you...
…For most of you, the cornerstone of your future and happiness will be inextricably linked to the man you marry, and you will never again have this concentration of men who are worthy of you.
Unsurprisingly, Patton's well-intended, yet mindblowingly retro, "advice" has caused quite a stir, both for its regressive understanding of male-female relationships and its preposterous Ivy League elitism.
Patton writes:
I am the mother of two sons who are both Princetonians. My older son had the good judgment and great fortune to marry a classmate of his, but he could have married anyone. My younger son is a junior and the universe of women he can marry is limitless. Men regularly marry women who are younger, less intelligent, less educated. It’s amazing how forgiving men can be about a woman’s lack of erudition, if she is exceptionally pretty. Smart women can’t (shouldn’t) marry men who aren’t at least their intellectual equal. As Princeton women, we have almost priced ourselves out of the market. Simply put, there is a very limited population of men who are as smart or smarter than we are. And I say again — you will never again be surrounded by this concentration of men who are worthy of you.
Of course, once you graduate, you will meet men who are your intellectual equal — just not that many of them. And, you could choose to marry a man who has other things to recommend him besides a soaring intellect. But ultimately, it will frustrate you to be with a man who just isn’t as smart as you.
And for female Princeton seniors, Patton has one more "truth" that no one is talking about:
As freshman women, you have four classes of men to choose from. Every year, you lose the men in the senior class, and you become older than the class of incoming freshman men. So, by the time you are a senior, you basically have only the men in your own class to choose from, and frankly, they now have four classes of women to choose from. Maybe you should have been a little nicer to these guys when you were freshman.

Whoa -- that could almost have been lifted verbatim off of Chateau Heartiste. I've thought many times that there's nothing all that special or difficult to get about manosphere/red pill ideas. It's all pretty obvious. The truth is just hidden and inverted in every facet of mainstream culture. It takes academia, public schools, hollywood, the newsmedia, etc. working 24/7, 365 to make common sense a fringe, socially unacceptable thing. The red pill is just rediscovering what most of our ancestors took for granted and what we inexplicably seem to have forgotten as a civilization over the past few generations.

Feminism spells certain extinction for any group of people that adopts it. It's like a suicide cult. Any society that adopts it will either abandon it or go extinct. It encourages/virtually requires women to pretend to be men rather than fulfill their own biological function. This results in less than replacement level birthrate.

On the plus side, those lucky older women who do manage to have kids will surely have healthy babies, because there's nothing like a 42-year-old ovaries mixed with a 45-year-olds sperm to assure against Down's and autism.

Another win for feminism and society.

"Unsurprisingly, Patton's well-intended, yet mindblowingly retro, "advice" has caused quite a stir, both for its regressive understanding of male-female relationships and its preposterous Ivy League elitism."

The arrogance that within a couple of generations we would reject the gender relations that have played an integral role in the development of our civilization as "regressive", is incredible.

Ivy League elitism is hardly preposterous either. It's no secret that a large number of Ivy League students come from powerful families and earn more over the course of their lifetimes. This limited combination coupled with female hypergamy means it should be no surprise that girls from these schools would want to settle with one of these men.

Time to start writing under a feminine pen name.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (01-23-2014 02:39 PM)darklightdispatch Wrote:  

Feminism spells certain extinction for any group of people that adopts it. It's like a suicide cult. Any society that adopts it will either abandon it or go extinct. It encourages/virtually requires women to pretend to be men rather than fulfill their own biological function. This results in less than replacement level birthrate.

It's like a weird pact to exit the gene pool.

[Image: z1Llq.gif]

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:01 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

In a weird way it is good. Any woman who spends years working and then wants to have a kid in her 40s, I don't get the sense the child would be a priority. It is a thing to do/to have/to keep up with the Joneses.

If you truly love your child, you'd want to give it the best chance of success. One key is health. Another would be parents that lived long enough to provide the child guidance. Like that over 50 year old lady who had twins in NYC (can't seem to find a link). What happens when she dies and the kids are not even adults?

Their selfishness insists that even though the baby has higher risk for birth defects they will push for it. Crazy.

I think Mother Nature is just saying, "You're a selfish bitch and we don't want you to have kids now."

As a man, I am working on gathering resources to provide my share of the bargain. I will take care of our family, the female is supposed to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

This is an example of what you're talking about.

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:17 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:01 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

In a weird way it is good. Any woman who spends years working and then wants to have a kid in her 40s, I don't get the sense the child would be a priority. It is a thing to do/to have/to keep up with the Joneses.

If you truly love your child, you'd want to give it the best chance of success. One key is health. Another would be parents that lived long enough to provide the child guidance. Like that over 50 year old lady who had twins in NYC (can't seem to find a link). What happens when she dies and the kids are not even adults?

Their selfishness insists that even though the baby has higher risk for birth defects they will push for it. Crazy.

I think Mother Nature is just saying, "You're a selfish bitch and we don't want you to have kids now."

As a man, I am working on gathering resources to provide my share of the bargain. I will take care of our family, the female is supposed to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Mother nature - maybe she's more clever than we give her credit. A decently sized meteor (not a planet killer) or a significant earthquake - we could reasonably handle those. People voluntarily exiting the gene pool and being proud of it?

Touché mother nature. Touché.

Quote: (01-23-2014 04:15 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Very true -- it's a reversal of the old days, when "George Sand" had to assume a male nom de plume to be taken seriously.

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:21 PM)Consul Wrote:  

Note the writer has long hair.

[Image: 53069bbda04d0a7f02350b.L._V369499876_SX200_.jpg]

I don't see what the problem is. All they have to do is cook, clean and fuck once in a while and for that they get taken care of for life. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

Team Nachos

Even though the ideas are men's, we're not allowed to say the truth.

While I agree most men are not allowed to say the truth on issues pertaining women, I think it's because most men don't have the right voice. It's like a pregnant woman or mother who refuses to take advice from men who dare to comment about the correct way to rear children.

But she can listen to a doctor, and a select few men who have both the correct words and the correct delivery.

As an example,

Quote: (01-23-2014 09:21 PM)Consul Wrote:  

This book, written by a woman, has received a 4 star average rating on amazon.

However, this, this, this, and this book are written by men on similar subjects and have each received a higher average rating.

I haven't read these books, but I think Tuth already has a voice that could be polished into something. Luckily, it could stand to be more confrontational thanks to his anonymity.

Quote: (01-23-2014 04:15 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Worked for this guy:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...pence.html

But the tables were turned for former war hero Bill Spence after he wrote a series of romance novels.

The grandfather from Ampleforth, North Yorkshire, was told his books would need to be printed under a feminine moniker if he wanted them to sell - and so his pseudonym Jessica Blair was born.

Bill, 89, has so far written 22 romance novels under the female pen name since his first was published in 1993

An Australian author whose name I can't recall, a white man who pretended to be an aboriginal girl wrote an essay or a book and won some kind literary prize. IIRC he submitted the same piece under his actual identity the previous year without receiving recognition.