rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Home-On-New-Year's-Eve Thread

I'm about 90 percent sure I'm going to take my own advice and stay my-ass home and do a mix of chillin' and workin' instead of paying money for the privilege of jumping into a pile of sausage. I got a couple of weak invites, but I'm not biting. Baller house party or nothing, so nothing.

[Image: attachment.jpg16226]   

I know I won't be alone in the dugout, so I figure I'd fire up a thread in the tradition of the Saturday Night Roll Call.

[Image: lawrierasmus440.gif]

What are you guys who are sitting this one out doing tonight? I might get some new playlists done for 2014.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Amen brotha. All my options were bars or clubs, which I usually end up regretting on NYE.

I've been planning for a while to make a "master" list of the things I need to get done and goals I need to accomplish to make my next big move. I'm going to actually do that tonight, and in the spirit of New Years, take a look back at my year and list the positive things I've accomplished and what I need to do different for next year.

I'm also going to do some deep-thinking on new ways to connect with high quality poon and other like-minded players in the area.

I think I will be taking it off as well. I haven't enjoyed a NYE in probably 7 years. So I don't know what would make this one any better.

As for what I'll do...I just got this
[Image: tc006-bond-50-blu-ray-amazon-special.jpg?itok=yhLRyR82]

So I might watch a couple of them. Maybe go to the grocery store and make some food...

I'm actually thinking of pseudo cab game. Since it's going to be hell to get a cab for everyone tonight I might just text some girls seeing whats up and then tell them that I'm not drinking tonight and if they need a ride later to give me a call. Of course before I get them they will have to understand that the ride goes to my place and sex is part of the itinerary.

Agreed. NYE is the worst night of the year.

Take care of those titties for me.

I'm going through millions of emails from my fans. This will take days. Got to weed through and look for biz contacts. A British company contacted me in July about some security work in Abu Dhabi that I never read. Then figure out how to setup an ingenious master spreadsheet to cover company profiles (headhunters) and for the actual job hunt:

Time of application
Date of application
Job description
Location of job
Website
Resume used
Address of company
Notes of interaction, ect.

I may pay a member to help me organize this.

I normally don't celebrate NYE anyways unless there's a good house party or I'm overseas. Tonight i'm SOL. Will be a work and RVF chatroom night.

http://www.rooshv.com/no-new-years-club

My plans for the night (minus the Betty Crocker and wine). Movie will be Lone Survivor.

Also staying in, but with a guest. Last night I bought ingredients for a meal that would have cost hundreds of dollars if I tried to dine out tonight. I'm optimistic as to how it will turn out.

Nothing against people who go out tonight, but I don't have the patience for it without a hookup for something solid.

Movie might be the way to go. I'll probably make popcorn for the occasion. Any recommendations on movies (that are on Netflix Instant)?

http://instantwatcher.com/

Quote: (12-31-2013 05:48 PM)jdevoy Wrote:  

Last night I bought ingredients for a meal that would have cost hundreds of dollars if I tried to dine out tonight.

Any chance you can post some pics? I'm intrigued.

I was supposed to spend NYE even on a chill island on the Pacific coast of Colombia, just me in a cabana with a bag of weed. Well it didn't work out that way, I slept in too late and didn't leave Cali until the afternoon and missed the boat to the island, I didn't even have time to score more weed although I still have a bit. Now I"m stuck in this dirty, crime ridden shit hole of a city called Buenaventura, I'll make the most of it though, happy New Year guys.

Best NYE movie:

[Image: attachment.jpg16231]   

Pair with a 12 pk of cheap canned beer and some frozen burritos from the corner emechistore. Best way to ring in the New Years solo.

Quote: (12-31-2013 05:53 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-31-2013 05:48 PM)jdevoy Wrote:  

Last night I bought ingredients for a meal that would have cost hundreds of dollars if I tried to dine out tonight.

Any chance you can post some pics? I'm intrigued.

I'll take pictures if any of it looks decent. I've been forcing myself to cook more in recent months, but there's room for error. None of what I have is remarkable on its own. The rundown is something like:
-ribeye steaks
-lobster tail
-random shrimp to eat while preparing the meal
-sweet potatoes to bake
-cheesecake (I bought this pre-made; it's a bridge too far for one night)
-various wine / prosecco

She's bringing some items I need for french onion soup, as well as some french bread.

It's not a bad meal, but not a particularly complicated one either. Based on prior experience, going out anyplace decent for something similar tonight would be at least $300+, and worse quality than nearly any other day of the year.

Quote: (12-31-2013 06:07 PM)jdevoy Wrote:  

I'll take pictures if any of it looks decent. I've been forcing myself to cook more in recent months, but there's room for error. None of what I have is remarkable on its own. The rundown is something like:
-ribeye steaks
-lobster tail
-sweet potatoes to bake
-various wine / prosecco

Didn't realize it was a dinner for two. I'm quite satisfied with the menu. We don't need your lady asking "what are those pictures for?" when you start snapping a dozen pics.

Quote: (12-31-2013 05:52 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Movie might be the way to go. I'll probably make popcorn for the occasion. Any recommendations on movies (that are on Netflix Instant)?

http://instantwatcher.com/

"Bronies" looks pretty promising.

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

Quote: (12-31-2013 06:14 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-31-2013 06:07 PM)jdevoy Wrote:  

-ribeye steaks
-lobster tail
-sweet potatoes to bake
-various wine / prosecco

Didn't realize it was a dinner for two. I'm quite satisfied with the menu. We don't need your lady asking "what are those pictures for?" when you start snapping a dozen pics.

I'm pretty sure she reads Roosh / ROK and probably would find it amusing, but I agree.

Are you sticking with popcorn and a movie or thinking of adding anything else to liven up the occasion?

Staying in, one of my regulars is coming over to cook me dinner, I am gonna make her squirt. 2013 was the most I went out, drank, swooped, spent more money in 10 years, awesome year and results in large part to the RVF. Watched Pain and Gain last weekend, actually a pretty good flick on PPV. The rest of the new stuff on PPV sucks right now, maybe Man of Steel or Pacific Rim.

Quote: (12-31-2013 06:17 PM)jdevoy Wrote:  

Are you sticking with popcorn and a movie or thinking of adding anything else to liven up the occasion?

Might make a cocktail, but none of my regulars are even around (or serious enough) for a one-on-one.

I'm gonna be with family, eating ham and lechon, talking shit with my uncles and cousins, fireworks with all the youngins. When everyone falls asleep I'm gonna do roadwork at 3-4 AM. Good for the soul.

I can't stand New Years.

I hate the checkpoints, the crazy drivers, the rowdy drunk people at Rite Aid, how difficult it is to get around town (even if im staying in).

Its quite possibly my least favorite holiday next to Christmas.

I'll be going to a small party at a married friend's house.

He married a Thai girl a few years back, and he'll be visiting her family in Thailand next month for about a month. So it's also a send off for him too. (His nickname is Bad Andy, which just about sums it up.)

One final work to all at RVF: watch out for DUI/DWIs. Take zero chances...remember: it ain't worth it.

I would prefer to stay in. Did it last year and it was great to wake up locked in for the new year. Since I'm back home though it's a night to spend with the boys but most importantly make my rounds on folks I should be checking up with but don't give a fuck enough to. They will be conning to me so I can that all out of the way. I'm going to attempt not to drink tho for the night, just feeling it.

Everybody here have a good night and best wishes to RVF in the new year.

got a regular coming over with a bottle of bubbly. Shes bringing two of her female friends with her.

I don't plan on drinking much, as tomorrow is a gym day and I don't change my schedule for holidays.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Im back home from uni for the Christmas holidays have been out the last 2 new year eves into the local clubs and its overpriced and crap. So im staying in im going to watch a film and relax knowing full well im saving some money for uni where the nights out are much better and the (girls are easier).

I'll start on my new years resolution one day early by doing sit ups, push ups and hopefully some pull ups.

Any other good at home bulking exercises?

I got a weird feeling 2014 will be a big year for me. So I am just getting sorted out at home. Piling up shit to sell etc. Cleaning.

But that biggest thing is that the idiots are out in force. Needing to prove how crazy/badass they are. People trying too hard plus alcohol is a bad formula.

To those of you going out, be safe and happy hunting.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2