rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Miami

Moving to Miami

What's going on guys? I haven't been on the site for a while, I've been pretty busy and have pretty much given up on gaming in the town I live in. Last night I went out with a friend who had two girls in town, both bangable. We go to the bar, and everyone and their mom hears that these girls are in town, so everyone shows up to the bar. At any one time there were 3 dudes talking to the girl my friend wasn't banging, all of them trying to get on her or just being huge cock blocks. One of my friends, who is the master cock blocker of all time, ends up stealing my spot next to her while I get up for just a second and starts chating her up even though he is married. Mother fucker. I just gave up. I sat back and watched everyone looking pathetic, none of them have game and it has to be obvious to the girl that everyone is trying to get on her, which is obviously going to boost her ego and make it even harder to get with her. I couldn't believe everyone was competing for one average girl. I would have said her face was a 5 or 6 and body maybe a 7. That's just how it is here. I was out the other night and counted 20 guys and 4 girls, but none of the 4 girls were attractive. I've been planning to move for a while, and was thinking denver since it will be cheaper for me to go to school. But then I thought, fuck this, why am I going to Denver, Denver sucks! Why not go somewhere that is going to fulfill my lifestyle. Why not Miami? Beautiful latinas all over, tons of schools, tons of work in the industries I plan on working in, super cheap tickets to South America, the beach, warm wheather, Miami has to be my spot! I'll be moving in October, can't wait! I was looking at round trip tickets to Colombia and they were around $250. I'm gonna be there at least once a month. Anyone have any advice, good places to live (I was thinking Coral Gables, near downtown, or South Beach), places to go, anything will help. One of my good friends grew up there and just moved back, so I should have some ins once I get there. But I'm just basically packing up all my shit and peacin out. I may or may not have a job lined up. It's hard to really set up a job when you won't be out there for 1 month and a half. Rent looks very reasonable and wages look very nice. Doing the same thing I do here, I'd be making around $2-4 more an hour and the cost of living HAS to be much cheaper. Drinks here are $10 plus tip, a salad that would fill me up at the market runs me around $9-10 from the salad bar, seeing a $70 tee shirt is not uncommon. An avacado is $2. To make chicken pesto pasta with home made pesto would run me around $60-70 to feed 3 people. It's insane! Plus, unless you have employee housing, which means your place is probably a dump if you do have it, you are going to be pay MINIMUM $600 for a room, but probably more along the lines of 8-1000. The girl I know that lives in Miami told me she found a job the first day she went looking and everywhere was hiring. Miami, here I come!

Moving to Miami

Oh and I've been hanging out with a super cute girl from Germany out here. She coincidentally lives in Tampa, Florida now. She had heard that it was hard to get girls out here because there weren't that many. I told her I don't know if it's necissarily hard, but probably much harder than other places. She told me that Florida is the opposite. She says it seems like there are 2 girls for every guy. I can't wait to see if this is true. I've also heard it from another kid who lived around that same area.

And a side note:
German chicks are rad to hang out with and pretty fucking cute, at least the ones I met. They aren't cold, as everyone has that impression, but actually the opposite. My only problem is the girl wouldn't put out for shit. It took me 4 dates to get a kiss. I stopped calling her. She called me and I decided to meet up with her again, she was being prude again. She told me normal people in Germany usually take things real slow, though there are sluts as well. Fuck all that noise. We still keep in touch. She's back in Florida and says she wants to come visit me when I get there, but I'm thinking maybe out here I'd put in the effort, but once I'm in Miami and have hot ass all around me, I'm not gonna be playing the waiting game, even though the chick is definite girlfriend matterial.

Moving to Miami

And a follow up question...

best place to live in Miami w/o a car?

Moving to Miami

Mixxmaster will post here

Moving to Miami

That sounds like a huge upgrade! Where are you living now so that I can make sure to never go there?

Moving to Miami

Dude, where I live is awesome, minus the women situation. I live in Aspen, Colorado right now. It is amazing. Huge mountains everywhere, there is always something to do. We have endless amounts of hiking trails, rafting, biking, obviously snowboarding and skiing in the summer. The nightlife is awesome for a small town too. Only 5000 people live here year round, yet this place gets more poppin than a lot of towns I've seen with the population of 100000+. I love the place, I just hate gaming here. I'm just worn out on it. It takes twice the effort of basically anywhere I've been. And from what I hear, it's about the same situation in any mountain town you live in. From what I've seen, Aspen has probably the best girls and nightlife of any mountain town in the US, though I haven't been to Mammoth, and I would say that Big Bear does take the cake for females since you have all the California babes coming up, but the nightlife doesn't touch Aspen.

And I like the follow up question: Best place to live without a car? As I won't have a car for probably at least the first 6 months I'm out there.

Moving to Miami

And how is public transportation in Miami? I feel like it should be pretty good since I know it is a pretty poor city.

Moving to Miami

I keep getting emails from LAN and other sites advertising fares Miami to Colombia for like $80 each way. Sounds perfect for weekend warrior trips.

Aspen? So many girls I met in Argentina had plans to go to Aspen, or had already been! Do you see a lot of Argies there?

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-28-2010 07:38 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

I keep getting emails from LAN and other sites advertising fares Miami to Colombia for like $80 each way. Sounds perfect for weekend warrior trips.

Aspen? So many girls I met in Argentina had plans to go to Aspen, or had already been! Do you see a lot of Argies there?

Yeah, my friend was saying he got a ticket one way for $90 from Miami. I plan on asking my work if I can do two weeks straight of working and then have 4 days off so I can do a SA trip once a month.

And about the Argies in Aspen... TONNNNSSSSS of them. Them and Brazilians, all over the place, but it's mostly in the winter. But there are girls from everywhere in the world, its a huge melting pot. It gets much easier to pick up in the Winter as well, or at least the quality is better, as all the SA chicks come out. I'm sure I know some of the Argie girls you met and maybe even bangged some of them. I hang out with a lot of Brazilians and Argis out here.

Moving to Miami

The Argi girls are tough though out here, it seems like they tend to mostly only hang out with other Argis.

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-28-2010 07:43 PM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2010 07:38 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

Yeah, my friend was saying he got a ticket one way for $90 from Miami. I plan on asking my work if I can do two weeks straight of working and then have 4 days off so I can do a SA trip once a month.

And about the Argies in Aspen... TONNNNSSSSS of them. Them and Brazilians, all over the place, but it's mostly in the winter. But there are girls from everywhere in the world, its a huge melting pot. It gets much easier to pick up in the Winter as well, or at least the quality is better, as all the SA chicks come out. I'm sure I know some of the Argie girls you met and maybe even bangged some of them. I hang out with a lot of Brazilians and Argis out here.

Wouldnt be too surprised in a town of 5000!

Yea Argies are known for being tough to crack. I thought they would be easier when removed from their surroundings but I guess once a hysterica, always a hysterica!

Moving to Miami

Well, I don't know, I've deffinitely banged 2 the same night I met them. I wouldn't say they are super hard to fuck out here, because I do feel like since they are in the US they want to take advantage of it. I feel like they let their guard down a little. I haven't been to Arg. but from what I've heard in this forum, it seems much easier to bang them in the US. But the thing is meeting them. A lot of them don't go out, therefore it's always good to get in with Argi guys so you can meet their girls.

Moving to Miami

I'm basically in the same situation except where I live is def no Aspen. I'm pretty sure that I will be moving to Miami as well in the next couple of months for basically all the reasons you mentioned. I have been thinking about this for a long time and it's time to make the move. Not to steal your thread, but I would like to expand on your question about where to live.

I'm pretty sure that we are both looking for the same things from Miami.

1) Higher quality/quantity/variety of women
2) Great nightlife/food
3) Being close enough to SA to take 4 day weekend trips
4) Building an attractive and exciting lifestyle

The major issue with living in an area like Miami Beach for example is keeping your life in order with so many opportunities to get trashed and party all the time. I'm not sure what type of job you are looking to get, but what I'm concerned about is keeping my business alive and not losing it all just to chase girls.

So just to add to your question about where to live, I would like to hear from people that have lived in Miami long term about the best location for someone that still has a lot of responsibilities but also wants to have the best of everything close by. I was actually discussing this same topic today with a cab driver who lived in Miami for 40 years. He said that Aventura is a good spot, close to a great mall which would be another great day game spot. I have also heard that Brickell is a good area. Of course information is only as good as the source, so I want to hear from someone around my age (27) that isn't talking from the perspective of having kids and a family.

Also, would you mind mentioning your price range for renting a place, so maybe we can get specific recommendations on the best condos/apartments.

This is somewhat what I'm looking for,

http://www.500brickellave.com/miami-condos/rentals.html

Really looking forward to any specific rec's we can get from Mixx. Thanks in advance.

Hope you don't mind me adding this.

Moving to Miami

The thing that stopped me from moving to Miami and Florida(maybe Mixx can shine on this) in general is that the wages aren't as high as there are in the Eastern Seaboard and out West. Cost of living in Miami might be lower but it's not so much lower to make up for the paycut.

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-29-2010 09:07 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

The thing that stopped me from moving to Miami and Florida(maybe Mixx can shine on this) in general is that the wages aren't as high as there are in the Eastern Seaboard and out West. Cost of living in Miami might be lower but it's not so much lower to make up for the paycut.

I have to tell you this all depends on your line of work/career. A heart Surgeon in Miami, is NOT going to make less than a Heart Surgeon in New York City or LA. I golf with plenty of them on Tuesdays.

They actually make less in France and Canada =)

The same can be said for professions in technology industry. Highly sought after IT professionals that work in financial technology, and technology consulting will fall in the same bracket.

Florida is for the most part a tourism state. However, I have never worked in the tourism field, I have only been a client =)

Now, if you compare a waiter in Miami, vs a waiter in NYC - I'd say that there may be a marginal difference - not much; factors such as your unique lifestyle, impact your income/outcome.

Finally, keep in mind that Florida is a No Income TAX state - that's right, the state of Florida does NOT tax your income! New York and California, on the other hand, takes you to the cleaners with state, local and city taxes on top of Federal income taxes!

Give me specifics, and I can drill-down deeper for you..

Mixx

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-29-2010 09:07 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

I was looking into jobs in my line of work and it looked like they were paying at least $2 more an hour. The type of work I want to do is huge in Miami. I basically have 3 ideas of what I'd like to study, and all 3 industries are big in Miami.

Moving to Miami

Yeah what jobs are there in Miami, I've always been under the impression that there is not much employment opportunity there. If all else fails you can try to get work, having sex on camera for the guys over at RealityKings or BangBros.com, might not be worst life.

Moving to Miami

Quote:Quote:

having sex on camera for the guys over at RealityKings or BangBros.com, might not be worst life.

Do you have any info n that?

Moving to Miami

Tourism, hospitality, and international business are all huge in Miami from what I understand. I feel like it's pretty much the same jobs as out here, being a touristy place and all.

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-28-2010 09:31 PM)young_money Wrote:  

The major issue with living in an area like Miami Beach for example is keeping your life in order with so many opportunities to get trashed and party all the time. I'm not sure what type of job you are looking to get, but what I'm concerned about is keeping my business alive and not losing it all just to chase girls.

I grew up in Las Vegas, and that is part of the reason I left. It was a non stop party. But now I've got my shit together a little more, and everytime I go back I keep the partying to a minimum. I think I'll do fine in Miami now. I'm more interested in day gaming and beach gaming over gaming at clubs. I'm sure drinks are pretty expensive at the high end places. I'll probably be working in the hospitality industry since I have a lot of good refferences in that field, but we'll see once I get down there. I might have a hook up at the Epic. My assistant general manager's brother is a conceirge there. If I can't land that gig, my friend said her job at Chilis is always hiring. Yeah, I know Chilis would be pretty lame, but she makes $100 in tips a day and it would be something to get on my feet until I find a better job. I'm not necisarrily trying to find a great job, something paying maybe $14-16 an hour would be fine for me. I'm fairly young so having a career right now isn't my primary concern.

Moving to Miami

Yeah, I know Chilis would be pretty lame, but she makes $100 in tips a day and it would be something to get on my feet until I find a better job. I'm not necisarrily trying to find a great job, something paying maybe $14-16 an hour would be fine for me. I'm fairly young so having a career right now isn't my primary concern.

Yea, but you don't have at least a "C" cup rack, you should ask her how much a straight male waiter makes at her spot. That's more relevant to your situation. And $14-$16 wage for an entry level service industry gig is kinda high even by New York union standards let alone Miami where unions in the service/tourism industry are non existent. But fuck it, I would still make the move man, There's always that bang bus gig OG was talking about@ MiXx, I am a software engineer, I don't see much openings for my field on Job sites.

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-29-2010 04:39 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Yeah, I know Chilis would be pretty lame, but she makes $100 in tips a day and it would be something to get on my feet until I find a better job. I'm not necisarrily trying to find a great job, something paying maybe $14-16 an hour would be fine for me. I'm fairly young so having a career right now isn't my primary concern.

Yea, but you don't have at least a "C" cup rack, you should ask her how much a straight male waiter makes at her spot. That's more relevant to your situation. And $14-$16 wage for an entry level service industry gig is kinda high even by New York union standards let alone Miami where unions in the service/tourism industry are non existent. But fuck it, I would still make the move man, There's always that bang bus gig OG was talking about@ MiXx, I am a software engineer, I don't see much openings for my field on Job sites.

I probably wouldn't be starting at entry level. I'm in a managers position at the hotel I'm at right now, and I've been here almost 3 years (On and off). And I kill it when it comes to making tips. I bullshit all the time. Our bellman here are always complaining about how they don't make shit for tips, but everytime they are busy and I help someone with their bags, I usually get a minimum of $5 just for bringing bags up to their room, while chatting them up, "You're from Brazil/Arizona/California, I love that place blah blah blah..." I know how to milk the tips. I've been looking in Craigslist and the jobs I'm looking for look like they pay around $12-20 an hour.

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-29-2010 04:39 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Yea, but you don't have at least a "C" cup rack, you should ask her how much a straight male waiter makes at her spot. That's more relevant to your situation. And $14-$16 wage for an entry level service industry gig is kinda high even by New York union standards let alone Miami where unions in the service/tourism industry are non existent.

Tru dat.

Moving to Miami

Mixx you ever been here?

SEGAFREDO BRICKELL
http://www.segafredobrickell.com/

Moving to Miami

Quote: (08-30-2010 10:02 AM)lavinci Wrote:  

When moving to Miami, when you´re actually moving to live there on a regular day basis, do not underestimate the impact of culture shock. You can read about the cultural differences as much as you can and be thinking that its no biggie, but the reality is totally different and real when you keep finding yourself as if you were living not in US, but in a different country, especially for someone who has not lived before in a minority-majority metro area.

That's the whole idea. I'm moving there because of this. I feel like there's difference between Cali and Miami. I've spent a lot of time in Cali, was actually born there and live there until I was seven, but went back 6 times a year until I was 20. Cali is more Mexican/ Central American, it seems like Miami is more diverse (Though I do know there are TONS of Cubans). For me culture shock isn't so bad. I like the challenge of adjusting to new things, it only makes you a stronger and more knowledgeable person. And as far as not looking at adjusting to the culture from locals perspectives, that's not really true in my case. For the 5 months I was in Brazil I totally submerged myself in the culture. I stayed with only Brazilian families and hung out with maybe 3 non-brazilians the whole time I was there. I don't know much spanish, but understand a lot. I'd assume I'll pick it up pretty quickly since I know pretty good conversational Portuguese. Plus I feel like knowing Portuguese would be huge with all of the Brazilian tourists and I work in hospitality. Where I am it's HUGE! We have sooooooo many Brazilians come out here every winter. No joke, there are probably 1/2 as many Brazilians that stay in our hotel as Americans. I don't know what it is but the Brazilians and Argis love this place. Basically though, I'm sick of living in the US and want to check something else out. But I also want to make the same wages as I would in the US, so Miami's a start. Maybe after school I'll be able to find a good job in SA.