rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just arrived in Koh Samui and very dissapointed

So i just arrived in Koh Samui. I'm staying in Chaweng Beach. I went out last night to the Green Mango Club and the surrounding bars and the nightlife SUCKS!

The ratio is about 3 guys to every girl. The girls are mostly australian girls, many of them fat and sloppy. I was hoping for a good supply of Russian girls, but I saw none last night. There was a small number of Thai girls, but they were all clearly working girls (sitting alone at a table smiling at every guy, trying to get a customer). I saw no normal Thai girls, and very few Thais overall.

Also, whats up with Australian guys? There were a lot of tall, buff, tanned, good looking Australian guys out last night, but they seemed to be there "just to dance". They were dancing alone or with their guy friends. Many of them had their shirts off or were wearing tank tops. I didn't see them trying to hit on girls. They were just dancing, and they were really into it. And whats up with the fashion in Australia? Lots of guys were wearing shorts that ended 6 inches or more above their knees. And hot colors were common: hot orange, hot pink. I swear it almost looked like a scene from a gay club!

Anyway, at this point I am very disappointed in Koh Samui night life. I was hoping to have a good supply of Russian and Scandinavian girls to hit on, and some non-pro Thai girls too. But there is none of that. The game situation is absolutely horrendous here.

I need suggestions from ya'll. Am I at the wrong beach? Or going to the wrong clubs? The islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao are close by, those any better? Where are all the Russian girls I've been reading about? What about normal Thai girl, where are they? What the fuck is going on, this place got some good reviews from some of the people on this forum.

Could be a timing issue. In Medellin suddenly all tourists in the hostel disappeared apart from argentinians and a few israelis... Really weird, a few days ago it was packed with international people.

I'll be in Koh Tao on the 8th, let me know if you'll be around then. I'll be doing there PADI diving course then checking out Koh Phagan, probably skipping Koh Samui altogether.

I've been in Pattaya the past two nights and yes this place lives up to its crazy reputation, lots of pretty Russian girls here. Heading back to BKK in a couple of hours.

Funny bc I've heard Koh Samui was always a place for couples anyways while some of the other ones are for partygoers. One of my friends went there and said all the Russian chicks he was able to meet there were all with their bfs.

Plenty of good looking Russian chicks in Pattaya too when I went there, but most of them were with their retired bfs escaping the harsh conditions of Mother Russia living.

yup summed up... samui isnt the greatest place for gaming... loads of couples etc

still i like it for beaches and good escape from bangkok every now and then

try kophan yang if there is a full moon party on

pattaya is fkn crazy...loads of whores

arent the hot russians, swedes on phi phi?

as for hot non pro thais-bangkok

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:38 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Also, whats up with Australian guys? There were a lot of tall, buff, tanned, good looking Australian guys out last night, but they seemed to be there "just to dance". They were dancing alone or with their guy friends. Many of them had their shirts off or were wearing tank tops.

I've made mention here before the physique of Aussie men is very polarised.

Either Dorito eatting slobs (50%), or buff (40%). Not much middle ground.

A big number of the latter might infer players. No, sadly the feminisation of Australia has hit the inner game of most Aussie guys.

Quote:Quote:

I didn't see them trying to hit on girls.

Fear

They were just dancing, and they were really into it.

Peacocking

And whats up with the fashion in Australia? Lots of guys were wearing shorts that ended 6 inches or more above their knees. And hot colors were common: hot orange, hot pink. I swear it almost looked like a scene from a gay club!

We've been watching the most recent NBA games on delay... Larry Bird... Magic Johnson, love those guys. love their shorts.

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:43 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I'll be in Koh Tao on the 8th, let me know if you'll be around then. I'll be doing there PADI diving course then checking out Koh Phagan, probably skipping Koh Samui altogether.

Yeah, I should be around, unless maybe if koh phagan sucks too. Then I might bounce to Bangkok or Pattaya

I've been in Pattaya the past two nights and yes this place lives up to its crazy reputation, lots of pretty Russian girls here. Heading back to BKK in a couple of hours.

Can you tell me more about Pattaya. I've heard its the whore capital, but I've also heard there are a lot of russians. Is there a lot of nightlife? Are there a lot of single russian girls?

I found the same thing in Samui and the planes landing at night are devastatingly loud. The nightlife is exactly how you say, I was grabbed by pros at that Mango place countless times it was irritating. Luckily I met a hottie down from Bkk staying at the same hotel. Minus her and having fun on a moped on a mountain it was pretty lame. 3 weeks I land in Bkk boys!

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:42 AM)bface Wrote:  

Could be a timing issue. In Medellin suddenly all tourists in the hostel disappeared apart from argentinians and a few israelis... Really weird, a few days ago it was packed with international people.

I was thinking timing might be part of it too. New Years just passed, maybe a lot of people have headed home. The town doesn't feel very crowded

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:52 AM)yb13 Wrote:  

Funny bc I've heard Koh Samui was always a place for couples anyways while some of the other ones are for partygoers.

Lots of couples here, old ones too. But there is tons of nightlife venues, so I think its also a party place. I didnt see too many couples
at the club last night.

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:52 AM)yb13 Wrote:  

Plenty of good looking Russian chicks in Pattaya too when I went there, but most of them were with their retired bfs escaping the harsh conditions of Mother Russia living.

No single girls? Groups of girls?

Quote: (01-04-2013 01:35 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

I found the same thing in Samui and the planes landing at night are devastatingly loud. The nightlife is exactly how you say, I was grabbed by pros at that Mango place countless times it was irritating. Luckily I met a hottie down from Bkk staying at the same hotel. Minus her and having fun on a moped on a mountain it was pretty lame. 3 weeks I land in Bkk boys!

I gotta get out of here. Any suggestions? Did you check out koh phangan? Is it any better?

Quote: (01-04-2013 01:32 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Yeah, I should be around, unless maybe if koh phagan sucks too. Then I might bounce to Bangkok or Pattaya

Can you tell me more about Pattaya. I've heard its the whore capital, but I've also heard there are a lot of russians. Is there a lot of nightlife? Are there a lot of single russian girls?

I've only been here for two days and didn't see too much of the place outside of the Walking Street area but it is an absolute freak show; hookers everywhere, loads of old dudes with young Thai women, lady boys everywhere, male prostitutes, etc. Its actually pretty fun and I think its worth to come check out for a couple of days.

Had the best night so far of my two months in Thailand; saw a ping-pong show (which also included a chick pulling 50 razors out of her clam), drank cheap booze on walking street, then saw 4 single girls drinking a bottle and smoking shisha so I decided to just go over and start smoking their pipe, we ended up chillin with them and drinking their free booze for an hour. It was one of their birthday's, I ended up making out with the birthday girl and thc got with her friend. We figured they weren't dtf so I got her # and we left (I actually met up with her last night and chilled for a bit until she alluded to being a hooker, I cut the date short).

After the free booze and smoke, thc and I met three Thai girls and took them to a club, I just approached the one because she had really big tits and they were quickly all over each of us, we took two of them home at the end of the night, around 5am, I think the big clubs close at 6am. It was a pretty easy pull for both of us, the girls were very keen and didn't ask for money.

There's tons of Russians here, I've never been to Russia and have never been around many Russian people but from what I've seen here I can understand why so many of the guys on here love them, there's some stunners. Supposedly many are with their BFs on holiday so none of us bothered to game them but that changed last night.

The three of us were on Walking Street and 20nation said "Damn this place makes me want to get my Russian flag", I told him they're all here with BFs so thats gonna be hard. Not even five minutes later the guy is talking to this Russian girl and it turned out she was on vacation with her friend, they were both single. He left with them and thc and I hit up a club, I didn't pull and went home empty handed but had a decent time anyway, thc pulled and we're still waiting for 20nation to wake the fuck up to see what happened with him and the Russian girl last night.

Good times in Pattaya, I would strongly suggest rolling with a wing man or two, actually my experience in Thailand is getting a lot better now that I"m around some RVF guys that are all on the same page, my first two months were pretty boring.

@ Party Time

Try getting a few massages and see if you can get on one of the massage girls. There should be some green girls down from Isaan for the tourist season that you may be able to game. I would recommend targeting a parlor a tad off from the center of town. I always stayed in Lamai beach, more laid back, not as much nightlife, although it seems like you are after non-thai women from your posts.
However, if you are friendly and shoot the shit with them, you can party @ the massage parlor after hours when it turns into the girls' sleeping quarters. Save money on booze and great people watching.

Quote: (01-04-2013 02:22 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (01-04-2013 01:32 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I've only been here for two days and didn't see too much of the place outside of the Walking Street area but it is an absolute freak show; hookers everywhere, loads of old dudes with young Thai women, lady boys everywhere, male prostitutes, etc. Its actually pretty fun and I think its worth to come check out for a couple of days.

Had the best night so far of my two months in Thailand; saw a ping-pong show (which also included a chick pulling 50 razors out of her clam), drank cheap booze on walking street, then saw 4 single girls drinking a bottle and smoking shisha so I decided to just go over and start smoking their pipe, we ended up chillin with them and drinking their free booze for an hour. It was one of their birthday's, I ended up making out with the birthday girl and thc got with her friend. We figured they weren't dtf so I got her # and we left (I actually met up with her last night and chilled for a bit until she alluded to being a hooker, I cut the date short).

After the free booze and smoke, thc and I met three Thai girls and took them to a club, I just approached the one because she had really big tits and they were quickly all over each of us, we took two of them home at the end of the night, around 5am, I think the big clubs close at 6am. It was a pretty easy pull for both of us, the girls were very keen and didn't ask for money.

There's tons of Russians here, I've never been to Russia and have never been around many Russian people but from what I've seen here I can understand why so many of the guys on here love them, there's some stunners. Supposedly many are with their BFs on holiday so none of us bothered to game them but that changed last night.

The three of us were on Walking Street and 20nation said "Damn this place makes me want to get my Russian flag", I told him they're all here with BFs so thats gonna be hard. Not even five minutes later the guy is talking to this Russian girl and it turned out she was on vacation with her friend, they were both single. He left with them and thc and I hit up a club, I didn't pull and went home empty handed but had a decent time anyway, thc pulled and we're still waiting for 20nation to wake the fuck up to see what happened with him and the Russian girl last night.

Good times in Pattaya, I would strongly suggest rolling with a wing man or two, actually my experience in Thailand is getting a lot better now that I"m around some RVF guys that are all on the same page, my first two months were pretty boring.

good post...lol..thats what i LOVE about thailand..everytime u leave ur apartment it is just one big fkn adventure... no place like it

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:38 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Also, whats up with Australian guys? There were a lot of tall, buff, tanned, good looking Australian guys out last night, but they seemed to be there "just to dance". They were dancing alone or with their guy friends. Many of them had their shirts off or were wearing tank tops. I didn't see them trying to hit on girls. They were just dancing, and they were really into it. And whats up w

when they grow up from a young age most play australian football and/or rugby (depending what state they are in) from young ages...this involves a shitload of fitness... Footballers are buff and love taking trips to places like bali and thailand

as for clothing no idea...thought it was board shorts, singlets and thongs (not the g tring type) for aussies

Yeah Koa Samui blows. I had exactly the same experience and left early after a few days. Get your ass over to Koa Pi Pi - that's where the party is at and it is very intense. Lot's of europeans / scandis. You will find Russians in the more obvious places like Phuket but they always move in small social circles and I did not really like Phuket. I really don't like you chances with Russian girls anywhere outside of Russia although my friend hooked up with a few in Greece last year.

I skipped Samui totally when I was there in 2010. I remember having a good time on Koh Tao, even though I went specifically for diving I ended up doing quite a bit of partying too. Also, I would suggest the islands on the other coast. Phi Phi Don is great..
From my experience, there isn't an abundance of non-pro girls on the islands because they're so touristy. However, it can be done. I got non-working girl on Phi Phi. The islands were ripe with young, European girls when I was there though...

Samui is OK, not great

For backpacker girls, any party island in thailand is fine. You're right about the guys. Backpackers in thailand these days = uni graduates on long holidays, not so much the real intriguing traveller types.

For Thai girls, I thought samui was pretty good. Plenty of them, pretty cute, not all pros.

Go to Mango, and even that afterhours place. There are enough non-pro thai girls - remember lots of them work in shops or hotels as cashiers, assistants, waitresses etc. One even took me into her kodak shop at 3am to prove she had the keys to it and had a real job, lol.

You could even do it in reverse - get numbers from girls working in shops/restaurants/hotels during the day ( to ensure non hooker-ness) and go out with them at night. I bet that works well on islands actually, because they are tourist geared and not totally terrified about speaking a bit of english with a foreigner.

You wont find many students or accomplished professionals... but you do get normal thai girls. They just dress the same as the hookers, lol.

I speak fluent Russian and (perhaps because I'm south Asian) I got zero results with the Russian women in Phuket. Wtf I didn't travel 10 hours from Moscow to face the same bs ice queens that are a dime a dozen there.

Samui was pretty whack.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I want to get out of Koh Samui, but the logistics are a mess. There is only one airline that flies into Koh Samui, Bangkok Air. And they don't fly from Koh Samui to Koh Phi phi. I would have to fly to Bangkok, then fly to either Kabi or Phuket and take a 2 hour ferry to Koh Phi Phi. So it looks like Koh Phi Phi is out of the picture.

I only have another 5 days here, so my easiest option logistically is to go to Koh Phangan which is a like a 20 minute ferry from here. Or go to Koh Toa, which is also a close ferry ride. Can anyone whose been to these 2 islands give me some info on them?

I got a boat and a bus across the main land to Phi Phi. It was a mission so I do not recommend it.
Phangan is definately party party, also a major sausage fest but probably your best bet.

Watch out for stray bullets. (Hit the headlines yesterday)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...36090.html

Quote: (01-04-2013 06:48 AM)jimmypa Wrote:  

I skipped Samui totally when I was there in 2010. I remember having a good time on Koh Tao, even though I went specifically for diving I ended up doing quite a bit of partying too. Also, I would suggest the islands on the other coast. Phi Phi Don is great..
From my experience, there isn't an abundance of non-pro girls on the islands because they're so touristy. However, it can be done. I got non-working girl on Phi Phi. The islands were ripe with young, European girls when I was there though...

Can you elaborate on the good times you had in Koh Tao? I'm staying at Sairee beach, any suggestions for things to do besides diving, where to go what to see? Thanks

Russian Christmas is Jan-7. So perhaps just this week they are not traveling to Thailand but eating roast turkey at Mom and Dad's while Frosty the Snowman piles it up outside.
Tradition.
Could be.

Everyone is always saying how Thailand is the greatest place on earth for girls.

Then when a negative report comes in, everyone is saying it sucks.

What gives?

I remember the same thing happened with me with Latvia. Everyone was saying it was amazing and I needed to get on my first flight there.

Then when I came with some negative reports, everyone started saying "You should have gone to Estonia or Lithuania..."

Southeast asia is rotten for women. I slept with a Thai girl on my first day in Bangkok and thought I was the man. A week later after I got a feel for the place it felt dirty and spent my entire trip avoiding them like the plague. There are plenty of sloppy white girls though. Will never go back.