rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seek new places or repeated visits?

Just wondering what most of you guys do.

It seems that a lot of guys are making repeated visits to places like the DR,Colombia or Thailand etc. Is it ever as good the second time? Do you not feel that you might be missing out on a better place you haven't discovered yet? Or do your visits become better each time as you know the field better? I'd be interested in hearing opinions.

I ask in large part because I have ten days free in February where I am free to go anywhere. I know it will be the FSU but I'm struggling between hitting a new spot that may or not be awesome or heading back to Bishkek where I had a blast before.

So what way do most of you guys do it? Is it ever as good the second visit?

I have always told myself I will never go to the same place twice because that will mean I will be missing out on a place that I will probably never see in my life.

I have thought about going back to the same places but then I just try to make sure to tell myself that if i'm just going there to relive the same interactions and memories I had before I'm probably going to be disappointed.

great question.

the plus side of a new place is the energy and excitement that comes with that sense of discovery and possibility.
the plus side of a familiar place is knowing the terrain and knowing where to go.

i had that same issue after moving to europe. the first place i went to was paris, and love it, and wanted to go back, but instead went to berlin, and i have to say i loved berlin more than paris.

next stop, either amsterdam, prague, vienna, or .....

Quote: (01-03-2013 05:56 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

It seems that a lot of guys are making repeated visits to places like the DR,Colombia or Thailand etc. Is it ever as good the second time? Do you not feel that you might be missing out on a better place you haven't discovered yet? Or do your visits become better each time as you know the field better? I'd be interested in hearing opinions.

I ask in large part because I have ten days free in February where I am free to go anywhere. I know it will be the FSU but I'm struggling between hitting a new spot that may or not be awesome or heading back to Bishkek where I had a blast before.

Vorkuta how long did you stay in Bishkek? Why did you like it so much?

If I spent a short amount of time once in a city and really liked it, then I would go back. However, if I had been there longer or several times, then I would probably try another city.

I have this dilemma too in February, when it comes to picking between the DR or going back to Cali, Colombia. Did 2 stints in Cali of 10 days each, so I can't say I know the city well. Flying to Cali is a lot cheaper than to the DR, from where I am at right now too.

Nevertheless I am leaning towards the DR; where I have never been. The girls seem more aggressive and easier and the quality appears to be similar to Cali. It is either go in february or wait another year to travel there.

Personally I don't mind going back to the same place, but I'm young and have visited many countries already. I believe that I'm working towards a life that eventually will give me plenty of time to go to many new places, so if this summer I want to return to a location where I previously had a great time then I will.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Just Read your awesome Bishkek Data Sheet Vorkuta, and I can see why it is a tough call. You spent almost 2 months there and seemed to like it a lot.
With only 10 days, I would probably head back.....especially if I was looking to hunt and get as much action as possible.

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:20 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Just Read your awesome Bishkek Data Sheet Vorkuta, and I can see why it is a tough call. You spent almost 2 months there and seemed to like it a lot.
With only 10 days, I would probably head back.....especially if I was looking to hunt and get as much action as possible.

Yes I'm unsure what to do ( first world problems,right! ). Since we are hitting Siberia later in the year I feel I might use the time to re-visit an old haunt. I just think it can't possibly live up to expectations though.

I think it depends on a place and the vibe around it. Having been to Kiev twice, I wouldnt be too enamoured to go back there again. I have seen the sights and bought the t-shirt. Its tired, jaded and completely played out. It has become an international city thanks to hoards of Arab, Italian and Turkish sex tourists in which the locals despise. I never saw so many losers in one place as I did with my last visit there. When you see Turks and Arabs fighting outside clubs, you know things have gone downhill. The whole place especially in the city centre screamed tacky and sleazy. I loved Minsk. The people were friendly and the girls although very conservative were old fashioned, homely feminine and sweet in stark contrast to their hard nosed sisters in Kiev. I couldn't get enough of the place and will definitely go back. That said if you want to have success in places like Belarus or provincial Russia, you need to invest in time there (spend 2 months) as the girls are conservative and takes them time to put out. They are lovely, sweet and would make great wives and girlfriends.

I find that the second trip often times is better than the first trip. For several reasons as having local contacts and knowing the lay of the land better. You know what type of game worked the best for you from the first trip and what bars or clubs you scored at. This allows for a maximum return on time and investment ie notch count. Also sometimes I just enjoy returning to be with one that I had before although rare.

Do both. If you take two trips per year, take one to somewhere you've been before and loved, and take the other to someplace new. Over time you'll either confirm your affinity for that repeat city and want to keep it as a staple on your roster, or you'll realize that you like one of the newly-visited cities more and want to make that your repeat destination instead. And the cycle continues. Balance the fresh with the familiar.

Quote: (01-03-2013 05:56 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I have spent the better part of 20 years traveling to and living in Colombia and I'm still not tired of it yet.

I'm interested in other places but I still can't bring myself to go somewhere else knowing what I can get in Cali or Medellin.

I have posted a few photos of some of the chicks I do and asked guys to do the same....few have responded in kind and the photos that most guys post don 't impress me....

Cringe when I hear guys saying how happy they are with the women on Thaifriendly that would be like me saying I'd be happy with the women on ColombianCupid.....sure they'll do in a pinch but there are much more attractive women that are easily attainable in most any local in Colombia.

I know there are hot women in Thailand and Russia but I 'd like to know that they are attainable without having to pay for it. Have yet to see any guy here post a pick of hot Asian chick that they have been with yet.....have friends that have shown me what they have hooked up with in Russia and the Ukraine and the women are extremely attractive....but the stories they tell on how hard they had to work it to get them in bed makes me not want to go there either. If I wanted to see just how many hoops I could jump through just to get a piece I'd stay right here in the states.

Sounds like you are interested in someone selling you on a new place just like me. I'll post pics of some Colombian chicks that I have actually been with.... if you post some pics of the women you hooked up with in Bishkek.

WEDO, I posted almost every girl I banged in the DR. I'm interested in going to Colombia big time. In fact, I'm ready to move abroad permanently and just keep going from place to place.

Vorkuta, it sounds like you do ok moneywise and have time to visit more than one place a year. I think you've got the right idea to hit up one new place a year and if you feel like it, going back to an old favorite.

i like checking out new places-just cant beat the adventure and the learning experience and even knowledge gained. my whole decision maing process isn't based purely around women though..that's just an added bonus

for example people might say they see hotter women in south america than asia etc etc....for me i find there is alot more to do in asia , it's cheaper and way more fun. so for me there is more to it than just which country has the hottest girls. other aspects come in to play. im not going to ever have my life dictated around sluts...fuck that. they are just have a hole between their legs

i visited colombia first time in early 2000's and when i returned to see the difference it just wasn't the same. gringos everywhere and the whole attitude of the girls had changed. so second or third time just doesn't quite cut in sometimes.

i think its good to move around and see new things...keeps u stimulated

horses for courses i guess

Yeah this is a question all Intl. travelers ask themselves at some point. I started traveling years ago in latin america and hit DR about 4x, and central america 3x (repeated several countries). I had great times each visit but the freshness wasnt there anymore and I didnt want to get stuck in one region of the world. I then decided to expand my travels to South America, Asia and Europe. Since then I try to avoid repeating countries unless its a day or two in transit, which maybe the case this year in asia.

I figure my 20s-mid 30s are for exploring the world. When im older than that I can lock it on 2-4 countries for long-term prospects.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (01-03-2013 11:10 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

WEDO, I posted almost every girl I banged in the DR. I'm interested in going to Colombia big time. In fact, I'm ready to move abroad permanently and just keep going from place to place.

Vorkuta, it sounds like you do ok moneywise and have time to visit more than one place a year. I think you've got the right idea to hit up one new place a year and if you feel like it, going back to an old favorite.

Sent you a link to some photos of what I do.

This is a good question and thread I thought it'd be worth to dig up.

I do both too. Though the last few years I have probably mostly done repeated visits and only a few new places.

Quote: (01-04-2013 12:14 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

I figure my 20s-mid 30s are for exploring the world. When im older than that I can lock it on 2-4 countries for long-term prospects.

This is pretty much my plan also. Right now and for the next few years I'm just trying to visit as many countries and places as possible, before narrowing down my destinations.

I would rather build and share value in a handful of places. Visiting many places and not going beyond the surface level doesn't appeal to me. Tried the nomad lifestyle, very unfullfilling for me.

Quote: (12-08-2015 10:57 PM)skptc Wrote:  

I would rather build and share value in a handful of places. Visiting many places and not going beyond the surface level doesn't appeal to me. Tried the nomad lifestyle, very unfullfilling for me.

This is true,

The golden rule IME is to visit a place twice. Once for the exposure, and feeling the newness of it all (albiet probably making logistical fuckups) and the 2nd time you can really let things sink in and not make the same mistakes again, and really capitalize on your knowledge/culture and revisiting old friends. Once you start talking about rounds 3, 4.. marginal utility decreases.

I've revisited HK/Vietnam each maybe 5-7 times after having lived there and after a while starts to lose appeal.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

OT- Didn't realize it's been two years since Vorkuta posted here. He had some great info to share.

Americans are dreamers too