rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Steroids

Steroids

With all the workout and supplement talk going around the forum....surprised noone has brought up this subject

Who has tried em?
Experiences?
Thought about trying?
Questions about?

Steroids

Look up Zyzz on youtube. Famous Aesthetics guy.. inspired thousands.. he died because of steroids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian

Steroids

Never heard of this, I don't even read the local news let alone some 22 yr old idiot from Australia not knowing what he's doing with steroids....sounds like an idiot to me that shouldn't have touched them in the first place

Steroids

I'm not one of those people that hears about......ummmm, say "Beef" and someone says "ohhh you shouldnt eat that cuz" ....cuz what?, you dont know what the fuck your talking about...enlighten me please!

Most ppl you talk to on a daily basis are complete morons that have no business talking about things they don't know about.....

My first inclination when someone def doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about is....when they say......"They say"...........who is they?

Steroids

A guy died in his early 20s from steriods in my home town... he was fucking huge. Handsome fella to (no homo)

Im not big on things that are bad for my body.. except the occasional binge drinking. Ofcourse i doubt some of the supplements you can buy legally are the healthiest things on earth.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 01:28 AM)drymarro Wrote:  

Look up Zyzz on youtube. Famous Aesthetics guy.. inspired thousands.. he died because of steroids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Shavershian

He didnt die due to taking steriods alone, he had a congenital heart defect. Obviously his condition in tandem with steroid abuse led to his death. Taking 'steroids' (of which there are thousands of varieties for different purposes) does not mean you will die as a result of their use. Abusers will always be the focus on the matter and used as poster boys.

Quote: (04-06-2012 01:38 AM)Biz Wrote:  

Never heard of this, I don't even read the local news let alone some 22 yr old idiot from Australia not knowing what he's doing with steroids....sounds like an idiot to me that shouldn't have touched them in the first place

As above. I also fail to see what his nationality has to do with it.

I doubt you will have many willing to talk about their steroid use on a public forum.

Steroids

Good documentary I watched last year..."Bigger, Faster, Stronger" I think it was called...

There was a big story about a highschool teenager pitcher that took roids and ended up killing himself...they delved into it and found out this kid was also taking medication for depression, turns out that there hasnt been one report of suicide from roids let alone the million from depression meds...but the fam is making a huge deal and blaming it all on steroids....good watch, dont quote me on all this but its from what i remember

Steroids

Lukey: His nationality doesnt mean anything, which was my point in saying...i dont listen to any news, let alone australian news

Steroids

Steroids make you more susceptible to heart disease and other illnesses. Watch the Man Whose Arms Exploded. Theres no need for them. Everyone can reach an ideal size without them without risking taking years off their lives.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:03 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Steroids make you more susceptible to heart disease and other illnesses. Watch the Man Whose Arms Exploded. Theres no need for them. Everyone can reach an ideal size without them without risking taking years off their lives.

Once again, you are talking about abusers. Furthermore, not all steroids are used 'to get big'.

With correct post cycle therapy and hormone management i.e. having a endocrinologist/doctor on side, steroids exhibit a very low risk profile. Going out binge drinking once a week is going to do more damage to your liver than a cycle of sustanon with strict PCT.

@ Biz. Apologies, I read your post the wrong way.

Steroids

I realize that. I was lazy in my post.
Just don't do them. Use creatine, protein powder, BCAA, eat a lot of protein, 5-6 meals a day...
Work out 5 days a week. Abs every other day.

Also, you were very insulting in that post. Sheesh.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:10 AM)drymarro Wrote:  

Just don't do them. Use creatine, protein powder, BCAA, eat a lot of protein, 5-6 meals a day...

I dont see how I was insulting? You made a claim that someone died because of steroids, which isn't the case.

You have the right idea though with your routine. For 90% of people, their goal physique is attainable naturally.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:15 AM)Lukey Wrote:  

I dont see how I was insulting? You made a claim that someone died because of steroids, which isn't the case.

You have the right idea though with your routine. For 90% of people, their goal physique is attainable naturally.

Not you, Biz. But yeah it makes you more vulnerable.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:08 AM)Lukey Wrote:  

Once again, you are talking about abusers. Furthermore, not all steroids are used 'to get big'.

With correct post cycle therapy and hormone management i.e. having a endocrinologist/doctor on side, steroids exhibit a very low risk profile. Going out binge drinking once a week is going to do more damage to your liver than a cycle of sustanon with strict PCT.

@ Biz. Apologies, I read your post the wrong way.

Steroids have a huge stigma in the US, which is why so many people are quick to jump against them. I have never used them, but I agree with Lukey that there is a difference between abusers and people who use them within reason.

When I hit 40+ steroids and HGH are two things I will be looking into. Especially for recovery and injury prevention for Jiu Jitsu. But as of now, it is not something I am interested in at 27. I see a lot of older guys who do Jiu Jitsu that have chronic injuries and I wonder if steroids could or could have helped them.

Steroids

Just don't do them.

Can you give reasons of why not to use them for someone who doesn't abuse them? I have not done much research at all, but I do think there may be some value in steroids if they are not abused. Obviously they can be dangerous, but that is for abusers. I am curious about people who use them in smaller doses, not the competitive bodybuilds and/or dipshit gym rats who abuse them to get huge.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:51 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Steroids have a huge stigma in the US, which is why so many people are quick to jump against them. I have never used them, but I agree with Lukey that there is a difference between abusers and people who use them within reason.

When I hit 40+ steroids and HGH are two things I will be looking into. Especially for recovery and injury prevention for Jiu Jitsu. But as of now, it is not something I am interested in at 27. I see a lot of older guys who do Jiu Jitsu that have chronic injuries and I wonder if steroids could or could have helped them.

Spot on. If administered correctly later in life, HGH/TRT and other assorted steroids can provide a range of benefits that will lead to a greater quality of life.

Unfortunately, due to steroids being banned in sport (although I believe they are 'legal' in BJJ!), they are a dirty word and grossly misunderstood by the average person.

Steroids

agree...i think they are something to use later on in life 45+

but when you are young, healthy and have naturally high test levels fucking with your endocrine system is just stupid

you can get lean and buff naturally with hard work and good diet. and thats the body women like...lean natural, healthy

blokes that are obsessed with being huge usually have issues and are compensating for other inadequeces they have with themselves e.g. ugly heads, small dicks, can't get pussy, got picked on in school, low self esteem, short, no money etc

my mate who had a great body wanted to take it to the next level, he did a course for 16 weeks and by the end his skin looked fucked, his hair had thinned a little and he just didn't look as good..puffy look. when he came off he was depressed for a few months and he reakons it took about 6 months before he could get wood properly. he was fkn strong while on though. that all went when he stopped taking them. says he wont touch it again.

as for zyyzz yeah he had heart defects but his heavy steroid used caused him to die at 22. alot of people have heart defects and they dont die at 22. with good care and meds u can live for as long as any person.
loads of people have health complications which ultimately lead to death because of steroid ABUSE but don't say that around any steroid user..it will always be another reason

having said that like any drug used sensibly and in moderation u severley decrease ur chances of implications

using hrt dosages when u are old is a good idea IMO

Steroids

Somebody mentioned "compensation" so I thought I'd share something I noticed recently.

All of the buff people I know are short, say 5' 8" or under. The few friends that are taller than me hardly work out at all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was an inverse correlation between lean body mass per inch and height.

I'm not accusing anyone of compensating, there are plenty of solid good reasons to lift weights. This is just something I noticed recently.

Its a shame too, because if you're 6' and broad shouldered, that's when you could look really impressive in a year or two (Zyzz).

Steroids

Zyzz used multiple fat burners, clen, ephedrine etc. + sauna (increases heart rate) + congenital heart defect + was probably recently mixing E/mdma/coke whilst raving in Thailand = recipe for disaster.

Personally, I have no interest in roiding until much older (perhaps). The problem I see, is once you start, and become accustom to it, an addiction to the benefits may occur, and you are hooked.

Steroids

45+ is when you can start a discussion. Being you I really dont see why? We naturally make the stuff if you need more change your training and diet.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 02:03 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

wrong.gregg valentinos arms exploded from synthol (Site enhancement oils)/seo's,not steroids.

Steroids

"Society - in the form of the government, media, and popular culture - has told me repeated lies about gender relations and what attracts women. I reject these mainstream lies." - RooshV Forum guys.

"I believe every news report on purported steroid-related deaths. I believe everything that government and doctors have told me about steroids." - RooshV Forum guys.

See a problem?

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 10:13 AM)Gixxermuscle Wrote:  

Zyzz used multiple fat burners, clen, ephedrine etc. + sauna (increases heart rate) + congenital heart defect + was probably recently mixing E/mdma/coke whilst raving in Thailand = recipe for disaster.

Personally, I have no interest in roiding until much older (perhaps). The problem I see, is once you start, and become accustom to it, an addiction to the benefits may occur, and you are hooked.

You are WRONG! I knew he died from steroids because when I turned on the television, the guy on the screen told me so.

Not only are news reporters (journalism majors who have 11" arms and are skinny fat) knowledgeable about steroids and weightlifting: They also have a desire to tell the truth.

The media is interested in promoting truth over other agendas. The media does not have a bias against steroids, testosterone, and other masculinity-enhancing lifestyle choices.

Thus, I will always be the first person - in a forum devoted to overcoming lies journalist and government have told about women - to warn everyone against steroids.

Steroids

As a African I am pumping testosterone and HGH at crazy levels. You don't need the juice. Just eat goat and you'll be a raging bull. What did people do before synthetics? Roids were born out of eugenics labs in communist and fascist Europe were they not? They had an idea of super humans that would trample over all. It's nutty science. The human body is already a insane machine you just have to fuel it properly.

Steroids

Quote: (04-06-2012 03:06 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2012 10:13 AM)Gixxermuscle Wrote:  

You are WRONG! I knew he died from steroids because when I turned on the television, the guy on the screen told me so.

Not only are news reporters (journalism majors who have 11" arms and are skinny fat) knowledgeable about steroids and weightlifting: They also have a desire to tell the truth.

The media is interested in promoting truth over other agendas. The media does not have a bias against steroids, testosterone, and other masculinity-enhancing lifestyle choices.

Thus, I will always be the first person - in a forum devoted to overcoming lies journalist and government have told about women - to warn everyone against steroids.

lol I know all this stuff and yet I contradicted my own beliefs.
I must've been drunk when I posted.