rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Banker's Tip To Waitress: "Get A Real Job"

Quote:Quote:

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill. The picture of the receipt was taken and uploaded to the blog Future Ex-Banker by a person who was dining with the anonymous banker. As expected, the blog received a lot of attention and has now been taken down. The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."

[Image: Banker-Leaves-1-Tip-on-133-Bill-and-Writ...-99-01.jpg]

People online who had a chance to see the blog post before it went offline and those who have been made aware of it on social media outlets are outraged. One person called the tip a "tale of greed and contempt," and another referred to it as "arrogance personified." The Web's general reaction to this story is eerily similar to an almost identical 1% vs. 99% scenario that took place last fall. In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now...24882.html

I hope the banker is dumb enough to dine there again. I have the feeling he'll receive something extra special with his order next time.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Wealthy people do stupid shit all the time. More fuel to the fire...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

This will get the pitchforks out..... But these bankers don't care. OWS couldn't even step on their loafers, dude will probably dine there tomorrow and drop another 150 into the restos coffers. These bankers think they above god. I aint siding with them but my point is that getting mad on twitter aint gonna change shit, the bankers will start sweating when folks mobbin them in the Hamptons with bricks and bats.

Breanna should have just added a few ones and zeros to the tip and total, and kept her mouth shut.

Aloha!

I hope he catches a non curable STD...

We don't even know his side of the story. Once I had bottle service and wanted to pay the bill up front. Included was a mandatory tip. Im like wtf, tips are earned not a right. Anyhow, the total came to a sum total of $322 and change. Something like that. I left $320 which would short change her on her mandatory tip by $2.00. Guess what, she comes back hands that rectangular booklet that we all are too familiar with and says you are short on the bill. What a cunt. I didn't want to make a fuss with the manager as that would be a negative on my mind that night. But, some of these bimbos,,,, I'm sorry waitresses, do deserve a tip and that is to try to go -----themselves.

lol who knew bankers were such comedians.

Here's something that I would like to do which I think would be a fun experiment, the best place to do it would be in America as it's tip central.

Pick two restaurants, one for breakfast and one for lunch or one for lunch and one for dinner then head to these two restaurants every day for a week. In the first restaurant leave your waitress a big fat zero for a tip, in the second one tip big at least 50% and then just write about what happens, I think by the end of the week your food may come with a health warning in the no tip restaurant.

Quote: (02-27-2012 09:57 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

We don't even know his side of the story. Once I had bottle service and wanted to pay the bill up front. Included was a mandatory tip. Im like wtf, tips are earned not a right. Anyhow, the total came to a sum total of $322 and change. Something like that. I left $320 which would short change her on her mandatory tip by $2.00. Guess what, she comes back hands that rectangular booklet that we all are too familiar with and says you are short on the bill. What a cunt. I didn't want to make a fuss with the manager as that would be a negative on my mind that night. But, some of these bimbos,,,, I'm sorry waitresses, do deserve a tip and that is to try to go -----themselves.

Fair enough that you wanted the banker's side of the story, we don't know if she's been a big bitch to him. If so, she deserves it. If not, he's a big asshole.

Also, you're comparing mandatory vs. optional tipping. Your situation doesn't compare with the banker's situation. He had the full option to tip or not. If you're against mandatory tipping then take it up with restaurant management not the server just doing their job and earning their money.

Why do servers deserve so much tip?

In California servers make at least minimum wage, while in states like New York (and others) people in the service industry make below minimum wage with the expectation that they will recoup that amount through tips.

So, my question is in regards to California... Why do California servers, who already make that minimum wage, deserve more? A $133 check is expected a tip of at least 15% so (133 * .15 =) $19.95 to 20% $26.6.

So does a server who worked about 40min to 60 min on a table deserve $20 + Minimum Wage, or approximately $30 an hour? And bear in mind that if the tip is in cash, that income is tax free.

Jobs That Pay $30 An Hour

I don't think any server deserves to make as much money as an architect, chemist, or a teacher.

So, should she have gotten $1.33? No. But should she have gotten $20? No to that too.

Quote: (02-28-2012 01:52 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

In California servers make at least minimum wage, while in states like New York (and others) people in the service industry make below minimum wage with the expectation that they will recoup that amount through tips.

So, my question is in regards to California... Why do California servers, who already make that minimum wage, deserve more? A $133 check is expected a tip of at least 15% so (133 * .15 =) $19.95 to 20% $26.6.

So does a server who worked about 40min to 60 min on a table deserve $20 + Minimum Wage, or approximately $30 an hour? And bear in mind that if the tip is in cash, that income is tax free.

I don't think any server deserves to make as much money as an architect, chemist, or a teacher.

So, should she have gotten $1.33? No. But should she have gotten $20? No to that too.

T.I.P.S.

To (E)nsure Proper Service

Your call with what percentage to give according to what you perceive counts as "awesome service." Those percentages are just a general guideline.

Replying to your other points....

Quote: (02-28-2012 01:52 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

I don't know, how much do you want to give after they served you?

Federal and State Income Taxes.

Your math is applied to ideal conditions, the reality on the ground is that servers get a variety of customers who tip in various ways.

Why put limits on salary? I don't care if they made more than the above if they worked for it and people were willing to pay good money for service.

Based on educational background, you think? I know a certain guy who recently died and ran a great company called Apple. He was a college dropout. So was the guy who created Microsoft.

Based on job difficulty/complexity? Try being a server at a busy restaurant for a week, see how you manage tables and please everybody. See how you feel being tipped $4.00 after kissing the ass of patrons who ate $100+ meals and still come up short on rent.

see my answer above

God, I'm on fucking fire about this tipping issue [Image: lol.gif]

I think every person should be a restaurant server at least once in their lifetime.

Few more thoughts before bed:

-If you don't want to tip, cook the food yourself. It's cheaper.

If you want higher wages for servers (and everybody else for that matter) so there would be no need for tip. Support the following policies/issues:
-make it easier for restaurants to open and maintain their business if they do their jobs. Less bureaucracy, please.
-Low or zero income taxes. More money to spend and pump into the economy.
-No government subsidies on food. Subsidies make food expensive.
-Allow smoking areas in restaurants. More G's dropping cash on your resto.
-No costly, undeclared wars. Money spent in wars to kill people could've been spent paying off that debt that will keep on taxing us financially and psychologically.
-feel free to add...

-and I know this is a person but: Ron Paul 2012, baby! [Image: lol.gif]

And for your viewing pleasure, the opening scene from Reservoir Dogs about tipping:

Now that I think about it, the waitress could've demanded his I.D. in order to use a credit card - then at least copped his name and address. Would've been fun to see how many thousands of pieces of hate mail the piece-of-shit banker received.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Hoax:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/phot...oax-869032

Quote: (02-28-2012 03:31 AM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

God, I'm on fucking fire about this tipping issue [Image: lol.gif]

I think every person should be a restaurant server at least once in their lifetime.

Few more thoughts before bed:

-If you don't want to tip, cook the food yourself. It's cheaper.

If you want higher wages for servers (and everybody else for that matter) so there would be no need for tip. Support the following policies/issues:
-make it easier for restaurants to open and maintain their business if they do their jobs. Less bureaucracy, please.
-Low or zero income taxes. More money to spend and pump into the economy.
-No government subsidies on food. Subsidies make food expensive.
-Allow smoking areas in restaurants. More G's dropping cash on your resto.
-No costly, undeclared wars. Money spent in wars to kill people could've been spent paying off that debt that will keep on taxing us financially and psychologically.
-feel free to add...

-and I know this is a person but: Ron Paul 2012, baby! [Image: lol.gif]

And for your viewing pleasure, the opening scene from Reservoir Dogs about tipping:

Kerouac just stated that in California they already make minimum wage. You state that if they raised server's wages there shouldn't be need for a tip. There's a disconnect here.

I've worked as a busboy and a waiter and made $3.xx and $2.xx per hour, respectively. We needed tips. Servers making minimum wage should still be able to earn a tip but they shouldn't wine when they don't cop 15-20%.

By the way, never in 5 years of working every job possible in multiple restaurants have I met a server who claimed all of their tips on income tax. Typically they claim the credit card tips and some percentage of the rest depending on the person.

This dude clearly pulled a dick move with the note. In some countries, being a server is a semi-respected profession. Not so much in the USA, but some people genuinely like it and dude should have kept his opinion.

Servers that whine or fuss about every time they get jipped on a big table quickly become bitter and insufferable. You got to suck it up, move on, and enjoy the perks of the job...a constantly rotating supply of young, hot waitresses to bang.

This sounds fake. Probably some OWS type trying to demonize bankers.

Diddy was just like that back in his J-Lo days. He was (maybe still is) notorious for being a bigger asshole to waitresses/bartenders/hotel staff that do not bow down to his highness. One night out with J-Lo, he ran an 8,000USD liquor tab, he left the waitress a 7.00USD tip, and she did NOTHING to piss him off from what bar management stated, and she even was actually assigned exclusively to him ONLY by the club manager. Diddy claims he left the tip because he did not agree with the bill, and thought his liquor was free...so, he took his anger out on the waitress with a 7$ tip for catering to him only for 4hours.

Yeah, some people are not rich because they deserve to be rich, they are just rich because they were at the right place, at the right time.

Mixx

I never understood the whole tipping thing. I guess its still a typical american thing to od . No body tipped me when i worked crappy night shift jobs sweating my ass in a bread factory or when i did construction work. A boss yelling at me was all i got.

I only tip when i get really good service in a restaurant or when a taxi driver doesn't fuck me over and has a normal conversation with me.

No good service, fuck em. They get nothing.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (02-28-2012 09:50 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I never understood the whole tipping thing. I guess its still a typical american thing to od . No body tipped me when i worked crappy night shift jobs sweating my ass in a bread factory or when i did construction work. A boss yelling at me was all i got.

I only tip when i get really good service in a restaurant or when a taxi driver doesn't fuck me over and has a normal conversation with me.

most american servers get pay 2.13 an hour. so most of their income come from tips. so if they get a bunch of cheap bastards camping in their section all night they're pretty much working for chump change.

Quote: (02-28-2012 09:28 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Diddy was just like that back in his J-Lo days. He was (maybe still is) notorious for being a bigger asshole to waitresses/bartenders/hotel staff that do not bow down to his highness. One night out with J-Lo, he ran an 8,000USD liquor tab, he left the waitress a 7.00USD tip, and she did NOTHING to piss him off from what bar management stated, and she even was actually assigned exclusively to him ONLY by the club manager. Diddy claims he left the tip because he did not agree with the bill, and thought his liquor was free...so, he took his anger out on the waitress with a 7$ tip for catering to him only for 4hours.

Yeah, some people are not rich because they deserve to be rich, they are just rich because they were at the right place, at the right time.

Mixx
Money can't buy class.

Quote: (02-28-2012 09:26 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

This sounds fake. Probably some OWS type trying to demonize bankers.

Maybe, but it is not really that far fetched either.

Bill Gross had a similar story of him doing the same thing in one of his newsletters if I recall correctly.

Let me guess, you have never worked in the service industry?

Quote: (02-28-2012 09:50 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Spoken like a true person who has never worked in the service industry in America.

Right?

LOL.

That guy is some mid level financial services tool.

I know some very wealthy people in New York, and the ones with significant wealth and influence are exceptionally discrete and would never do something so foolish and likely to draw attention.

Quote: (02-28-2012 07:55 AM)Blunt Wrote:  

Kerouac just stated that in California they already make minimum wage. You state that if they raised server's wages there shouldn't be need for a tip. There's a disconnect here.

He's arguing that servers shouldn't make more in tips, I argued that it's his call to tip well or not and his math is not applicable to the reality of a server's working situation and living needs. Reading him it seems like he doesn't like the concept of tipping and he hasn't worked a server job ever. So if he's (or anybody else) against that, then he should support policies or practices that might usher in an era in the USA where there's no need to tip. I don't see the disconnect at all.

Quote:Quote:

I've worked as a busboy and a waiter and made $3.xx and $2.xx per hour, respectively. We needed tips. Servers making minimum wage should still be able to earn a tip but they shouldn't wine when they don't cop 15-20%.

Servers that whine or fuss about every time they get jipped on a big table quickly become bitter and insufferable. You got to suck it up, move on, and enjoy the perks of the job...a constantly rotating supply of young, hot waitresses to bang.

Let me ask you: were you able to pay rent and other needs with minimum wage? I don't think it's whining when you're concerned about your rent and other needs. People need to acknowledge and respect that the service I gave them was because they don't feel like cooking that night and I bust my ass (because remember now, I get paid in chump change in the first place) to make it a pleasant night for them--and it ain't easy to please everybody as you probably know! It's a matter of respect for my hard work.

Pussy is good, but it won't put a roof on my head or feed me (unless pussy is a sugar mommy) and not all restaurant environments will have hot waitresses to bang.

By the way, never in 5 years of working every job possible in multiple restaurants have I met a server who claimed all of their tips on income tax. Typically they claim the credit card tips and some percentage of the rest depending on the person.

I happen to think people should earn the fruits of their labor...all of it. You want to tax me? Add it to my groceries and/or don't spend too much on useless things like bailing out banks and going to stupid wars I don't care for.