rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China outside of Beijing or Shanghai?

China outside of Beijing or Shanghai?

Quote: (10-18-2018 08:55 AM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

4000 is just about ok for Hk. A 1 bed apart on Hong Kong island will cost around 2000.

Yes, if you insist on staying in downtown of HK Island of all places

Quote: (10-18-2018 10:21 AM)Kelent Wrote:  

A) Will do, and understood. I figure were I to go to Korea Seoul would have more than enough nightlife.
B) Gotcha
C) So, my main thing is that I'm not sure how far my salary would go (whether I somehow get work in finance or bite the bullet and teach English or something), and generally in the US and Eastern Europe where I have lived, staying out in the less developed areas of cities while a dip in quality of life doesn't leave you fully disconnected from the action. I assume this does not hold true in SZ.

Yeah, the only problem with Seoul is the lack of English on the streets compared to HK. Otherwise I actually met a lot of cool people on the foreigner strip in Seoul
SZ is an expansive city with lots of rich districts scattered across the still-generally-poor city. Which means all the rich parts are mixed in with the poor parts that cost the same as 2nd-tier cities. The only absolute factor that is higher "downtown" is the rent. If we must compare to HK, you'll want a gig that pays around 2500 USD/mo, maybe less if it's a job you love / don't care to save money

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Messages In This Thread