rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A serious note on body recomposition

A serious note on body recomposition

Quote: (05-11-2013 11:42 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

It's not clear that it's even true that prehistoric man ate a low-carb diet. To a certain extent this idea's based on the assumption that prior to agriculture people didn't eat grains. But in fact, archaeological evidence shows that early Homo sapiens did eat wild grains and even cooked them to make things like porridge long before we started growing them ourselves. In fact, people may have even been making bread with wild grains 30,000 years ago

Well it makes me happy to hear that, even though that sounds like they *still* ate significantly lower carbs than we do now. It's also doubtful that 30,000 years significant enough to be comfortable with the amount of carbs we pile on today.

I've typically been at 400-500 gram/day of carbs through my teen years, and I'm guessing the average American is at ~500 grams/day. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE THIS IS FAR TOO HIGH. Cutting it down to 200 grams/day (which is still fairly generous) will have a positive impact on ANYONE. There's a difference between "low-carb diet" and "not being a complete retard about your health"

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Messages In This Thread