rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Keep Your Hair On The Cheap: Hair Loss Prevention Data Sheet

How To Keep Your Hair On The Cheap: Hair Loss Prevention Data Sheet

I figured I could add a bit more to this datasheet that help improve your hair and possibly prevent loss and stimulate growth.

Topical Solutions

Magnesium Oil: According to some studies, magnesium is great for strengthening the hair and preventing hair loss, however many people are magnesium deficient. Add to that the fact that magnesium is absorbed very poorly by our bodies when taking orally, magnesium oil therefore is a good option to aid our hair.

Nettle Leaf extract is also another good substance that helps block DHT. It is extracted from the plant called Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), which can be found in Asia. I have encountered it in my hiking trips and many times have accidentally grabbed it with bare hands, it truly stings like a bitch.

[Image: 184329552.jpg?v=1&g=fs1|0|EPL|29|552&s=1]

[Image: SOLGAR-NETTLE.jpg]
Saw Palmetto, as mentioned before is another potent DHT blocker. However there are many reports of side-effects similar to those of Propecia when taking orally. This is why it's better to squeeze the oil out of the softgels to create a separate mixture.

Pumpkin seed oil is another great oil to add to the mix.

Mix all these oils and essences together into a single mixture and apply it to your scalp before bedtime a few times a week and see the results you get after a few months.

Diet and Supplements

There is a lot we can do in the diet department to help us strengthen and keep our hair. The basic and main idea is that we should try to eat and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into our diets (really simple huh).

[Image: fruits-and-vegetables.jpg?w=177&h=93]
If you are a big and constant meat eater (like me) and you are avoiding the necessary fruits and vegetables, you are doing yourself a lot of harm and your hairline is paying the price. Since getting a big amount of fruits and vegetables into our diets can be a bit difficult and inconvenient, JUICING is a great option. I recommend you check out MikeCF's Juicing thread right here on the forum. Keep in mind that blending is also another great option as well.

[Image: fruit-juices.jpg]
Aside from veggies, you will benefit greatly if you consume foods such as almonds, nuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and peanuts. Be sure to consume at least a handful of these daily.

[Image: nuts-nutrition-facts.jpg]
Some teas are also said to be helpful since they improve circulation and contain many good antioxidants. I personally like drinking hot ginger tea and black tea in the morning, and I have replaced coffee completely now for quite a while.

[Image: ginger-tea.jpg]
Allergic Foods

Some people are allergic to certain foods such as dairy, seafood, etc. The tricky thing though is that sometimes the symptoms and reactions to these foods only develop after certain weeks, this makes it more difficult to diagnose the cause. If you think you have an allergy to a certain food, stop eating that food completely for 2 weeks and see how you feel. Then try re-incorporating that food for another 2 weeks and re-assess.

Supplements

It is a good idea to take supplements that can help keep your hair strong and your scalp healthy. From my research online I have come across a few:

Pumpkin seed oil: Mentioned before as a topical solution to the scalp, pumpkin seed oil is also a great supplement to take orally daily.

ZMA: Contains necessary Zinc and Magnesium that your body needs. ZMA truly does wonders, and it is a favorite among RVF. Check the Zinc and Magnesium threads out.

Messages In This Thread