rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Zinc has made me a better man.

Haven't been on the forum in a while...but after the week I just had I had to share something with the manosphere to see if I could help out a few of my brothers...

After reading on article last week on how mega dosing zinc raised the testestone levels of athletes by 40% I started a little zinc experiment. Taking around 150- 200 mg of a zinc a day. One day I even took 250mg...

All I can say is WOW. What I have noticed in just the past week from this:

-Wake up with morning wood like I am 18 again.
Great indicator of good test levels.

-High libido

-Massive loads... peter north type cum shots....fucking ropes across the room type shit.

-My armpits don't smell anymore...long story short but between not using anti perspirant and eating paleo I started to get a real manly arm pit funk by the end of the day...thats gone. Thank god because I was about to give up the whole paleo thing thinking it was from eating to much meat.

- More energy....I just feel better.

-More strength...set a personal record for wide grip dead hang pull ups.

- This is the most interesting part of it all. I have been having a lot more girls smile at me in the streets, at work or wherever! I'm noticing a lot more positive indicators from the females...it's like they smell the testosterone on me. It is pretty crazy. Even had one girl look away while blushing and playing with her hair at the same time... I can just see/feel a different response from women when I look at them. Yesterday at a little music festival a friend of a friend who is a "lesbian" took a liking to me. After heavy kino and smiles got the number. Nice cute little spanish chic from the bronx with the fatty. Side note - I'm thinking she is not a lesbian at all and just sick of betas.

Has any one else tried supplementing with zinc and seen results? I was obviously deficient in zinc as are most the population but interested to see if anyone else had good results with zinc supplementation. I don't plan on doing this mega dose for more than four weeks. I am going to get my levels checked with a blood test and after the four weeks are done go back to about 50mg a day.

Interested to hear more about your results as you go through this process...

BTW I am taking L opti zinc which has the right ratio of zinc to copper. Taking to much zinc can mess up your copper levels and after all the research I've done it seems it is better to take them together.

you can take ZMA as a natural testosterone booster (it has zinc, magnesium, vitamin b6)

I tried Zma and did not like it. And it did not yield the same results as this recent protocol. At first zma was cool but after a few days it had me sleeping way to long and really groggy during the day. Now I just use a magnesium spray, take epsom salt baths, or drink natural calm at night time. Also I take a b complex in the morn. Plus zma only had 30 mg of zinc in it. Those studies in the article I read were done with 3 mg to every kg of body weight.

Zinc fucks up my stomach, do you find this blend more gentle on yours?

Quote: (08-20-2012 11:51 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Zinc fucks up my stomach, do you find this blend more gentle on yours?

Yes. The only time I ever had it mess up my stomach was when I tried the losenges. This L opti zinc doesnt mess my stomach up at all. What kind of zinc were you taking when it hurt your stomach? Were you taking it with food?

Typical Zinc from the drugstore.. I think 50mg tabs. I would take two before food because if it was after I would barf. I force it down me somedays, since I fast it makes it a bit more easy since my stomach is empty a lot of the day.

ZMA worked well for me I found and it was a good way for me to get Zinc and Mag in high doses in one hit. Overall Zinc is one of the male essential minerals it can make the difference between being a raging bull or being a timid calf.

You have a link to the product ?

I had similar results as the OP when I took a ZMA supplement along with horny goat weed. I bought the zinc, magnesium, and b6 separately because it was cheaper.

I also used the performance and vitality vitamin packs from GNC. I wanted to fuck everything that moved and felt great, but those were very expensive at around 40 bucks for a 30 day supply. I got lucky and bought 3 boxes on sale for 20 bucks for each 30 day supply, but after that ran out, never bought them again.

I try to stay away form tablets....always capsules or liquid/sublingual is best. I have been using L opti zinc and zinc picolante from the company "now". Both are capsules and now is a legit company.

Quote: (08-21-2012 12:25 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Typical Zinc from the drugstore.. I think 50mg tabs. I would take two before food because if it was after I would barf. I force it down me somedays, since I fast it makes it a bit more easy since my stomach is empty a lot of the day.

ZMA worked well for me I found and it was a good way for me to get Zinc and Mag in high doses in one hit. Overall Zinc is one of the male essential minerals it can make the difference between being a raging bull or being a timid calf.

You have a link to the product ?

drug store brand tablets are bs. Be careful some vitamin companies are owned by big pharma and add bad things to the mix. Big pharma is not interested in you being healthy.

Just to put it into context, during that time, I also started lifting again and eating clean with a lot of vegetables and lean protein in my diet after a long layoff from working out and not eating well after an injury. That probably made a big difference as well.

Quote: (08-21-2012 12:44 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Just to put it into context, during that time, I also started lifting again and eating clean with a lot of vegetables and lean protein in my diet after a long layoff from working out and not eating well after an injury. That probably made a big difference as well.

I have been eating well and lifting for a years. Wasn't untill I started this zinc protocol that I felt this difference.

Midnight,

So you choke down 10-15 of these a day?? I bought some Zinc a while back also and stopped taking it with no effect with the RDA.

It was also only 15mg (100% RDA) and recommended one or two a day.

It'd consider giving it another go if I could get an easier managed dosage. The pills are pretty big so there must be a ton of filler in there or empty air.

I got headaches from taking just 50mg pills of drug store zinc, got to look more into it. Did you ever get headaches from this?

Could you post the article you read if it was online? Or the source if it wasn't?

Is this a good brand? because that is what I'm using.

This seems like a good deal. OP, Is this what you use? http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-l-optiz...RRWidgetID

Quote: (08-21-2012 02:30 AM)malc Wrote:  

I got headaches from taking just 50mg pills of drug store zinc, got to look more into it. Did you ever get headaches from this?

Try reducing the dosage, or take one pill every other day.

Yo need mega doses though. 250mg a day is the minimum your supposed to be taking up to 500mg, plus it should be coupled with vitamin C to be at its most effective.

I wonder though if fats play a role in it? I recently have been playing around with raw garlic for its anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial effects and you NEED to consume it with a good dose of fats, like I mean chasing it down with Olive oil or else your stomach will toss and turn lightly for days.

I read about Zinc a few months ago and started taking my 50mg supplement once daily. Didn't know I needed mega-doses. I'll try taking 3 over the course of the day for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Kosko - Zinc doesn't hurt my stomach, but it makes me nauseous as fuck for about 15-20 minutes after I take it. I've never gotten sick though. Taking it with food really helps the nausea, and the fattier the better, IMO.

Quote: (08-20-2012 11:18 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

-Wake up with morning wood like I am 18 again.
Great indicator of good test levels.

-High libido

-Massive loads... peter north type cum shots....fucking ropes across the room type shit.

You've gotta increase your protein intake as well if you want to boost your libido.

Daily I eat:
4-6 egg omelet for breakfast every day.
Either steak, roast pork, chicken or some form of tuna for dinner.

I don't bring ACV with me to work. Maybe I should bring a bottle.
But I do a shotglass full after breakfast and dinner. Helps break down
the protein better and aids in digestion and absorption.

Zinc I get from a multi-vitamin. Might try the brand you're using and see what happens.

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-21-2012 09:23 AM)americanbk Wrote:  

I read about Zinc a few months ago and started taking my 50mg supplement once daily. Didn't know I needed mega-doses. I'll try taking 3 over the course of the day for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Kosko - Zinc doesn't hurt my stomach, but it makes me nauseous as fuck for about 15-20 minutes after I take it. I've never gotten sick though. Taking it with food really helps the nausea, and the fattier the better, IMO.

Ya same thing with me. I get queeesy, but it has made me barf twice.

For me barfing is something I hate I would rather get a cut and bleed then barf.

Quote:Quote:

Is this a good brand?

Great health food store or Whole Foods opener.

Midnite, do you take the dosage all at once or between a few hours/meals in a day?

I take the Zinc and magnesium at night before i go to bed. I read that somewhere, but not sure if it makes a difference.