rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Pretty shocking story in yesterday's press

http://observers.france24.com/content/20...rimination

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-27-2012 05:47 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

doesn't surprise me...i had a guy that looked like Butterbean ash his cigarette on me a few times then proceed to start pushing me for no reason other than the fact I was a obvious foreigner...this was in Kiev only imagine it's worse in smaller cities.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Fucking crazy. FSU sounds like they are about 100 years behind the West in social awareness. The Ukrainians I've met outside of Ukraine seemed completely cool and normal with regards to race. Eventually they'll wise up, but since they are more insular countries than the West, the process will take longer.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Yeah, it's like this in a lot of the ex-Soviet countries. Odd cause communism usually depicts everyone as equal, but for some reason that part of the indoctrination didn't become part of the culture.

I'd just stay away. No real reason to go to these places. There are hot blonds in lots of other places.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

I live in East Ukraine, in fact I am a student at a large university here, I mingle with Nigerian and Chinese students all the time, ever a few students from Iraq, I find then for the most part very friendly, I ve never had any problems with the police, in fact my apartment is located right next to the city's main police station, I see police everyday, and I ve never been hasseled, I guess being Irish/Italian helps. the only problems i have are by the local guys (some, not all) who turn bad when they drink too much vodka. But, these foreign students, I really feel for them, some of the stories they tell me about being stoped by the police, questioned, and detained, for no reason other than their nationality, it's very, very disturbing, and it's something that happens daily with these students, they are told that when they venture outside the university to travel in groups, never alone, always carry there school docs. Ukraine is so backwards when it comes to race relations, and things are not changing, I am still surprised that this coiuntry was awarded the 2012 Euro Soccer games, it certainly didnt deserve it.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:28 PM)BTman Wrote:  

doesn't surprise me...i had a guy that looked like Butterbean ash his cigarette on me a few times then proceed to start pushing me for no reason other than the fact I was a obvious foreigner...this was in Kiev only imagine it's worse in smaller cities.

How did you react to his behavior?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Well, there's another country I won't be visiting. Add that to the list alongside Russia and (I'm guessing, giving its broad similarity to the former) Belarus.
Lots of great women there, but not worth the hassle with so many friendlier countries on Earth.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Yeah they are a bit racist in Ukraine (Kharkiv at least), but then you will sometimes see a black Nigerian guy with a white girl there. If you are black, you'll probably do better in Serbia. Serbia is not ex-soviet, but in many ways similar to ex-soviet countries. The visual quality of girls in Serbia is essentially as good as Ukraine, less blond but taller. Blacks are very, very rare in Serbia. I never once saw a black African in Serbia -- only a couple of blacks from Canada or USA. I got to know two of them and they were loving it in Serbia. The only blacks I met in Kharkiv were from Nigeria and I heard others speaking French. I met no American blacks in Kharkiv.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-27-2012 11:46 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Well, there's another country I won't be visiting. Add that to the list alongside Russia and (I'm guessing, giving its broad similarity to the former) Belarus.
Lots of great women there, but not worth the hassle with so many friendlier countries on Earth.

I would not sweat this dude, you can go to these places but make sure you have a wingman or two. Preferably with a bit of size, no one will mess with you believe you me.
I have rolled solo through a few spots in EE and had minor situations, basically punks talking shit behind my back. I did not understand what they were saying anyways.
Funny enough I got pulled over twice by police at a railway station close to the German border, I was returning from visiting my czech ex and they assumed I was sneaking into there country. They seemed very disappointed when they saw my British passport.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

I agree, but respect anyone that soldiers through the ignorance to pull tail where they could possibly endure a beat down. Personally, it's not worth it for me. I'll go somewhere dangerous for shits and giggles, not for the pussy.

It's not just along the lines of race either. One's nationality or religion can render the same results in different countries/regions.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Russia definitely belongs there. Nationalism is a major issue here, with strong sentiments against people from central asia and the caucuses (which is part of Russia). Even Siberian people are discriminated against. I saw a bouncer let in some mediocrely dressed dudes into a club and then right after turned down two attractive asian women.

At the same time, I've seen minority men do well here (Moscow) once they find their niche, like salsa dancing.

Living in Russia makes it clear that there are many countries far behind the US in terms of racial attitudes.

This article explains the situation here

“Where are you from?”

“I’m American, from the U.S.A.”

“Yeah, but where are you from?” Here they would wave their hands in front of their face as if to say, “Because you’re not white.”

“Well… most of my ancestors were from Africa.”

“So you’re African-American?” They would interrupt, struggling to comprehend.

They saw me as an American citizen, but not really. The inability to believe that a black man can truly be considered an American in today’s world illustrated the way they saw themselves in Russian society. They were Russian citizens, but not quite.

How would you guys recommend handling this as an american of south asian origin?

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

That's how I feel. I'm not trying to spend thousands to travel and have to break a bottle on someone's head or box them.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

We should rename the topic "black men kill in Ukraine"

More seriously, i am not even surprise as they still live under communism rules influenced by the noisy neighbors:RUSSIA! They begging to enter E.U and i hope they will once again be turned down as they really not ready to !! That's unacceptable,especially for a country who'll be hosting euro2012 in 5 months.It's a shame because not all ukrainians are ignorant/racist.They have huge inferiority complex with the west and want to be accepted as a truly respected nation but at the same time they not ready/or don't want to give up on the narrow minded communist way of seeing things just yet.I really feel sorry for the good ukrainians.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

I remember reading awhile back that David Duke moved to Kiev some time ago and he is a lecturer there at one of the biggest universities in Ukraine. They even gave him a doctorate. Google it. That should tell you something right there.

On the other hand, to be fair, blacks can be nearly as bad:

http://becauseimwrite.com/2011/06/23/whi...en-and-me/

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Was at Metro club last night, was speaking to these Ghanian guys, they said they have to wear their hoodies in the streets to hide their race. Ukrainian guys in cars will quite often speed up and try to run them over if they see they are black. Same goes for the Arab guys, I think there was even an Arab dude stabbed a little while ago.

There was also a time at Metro Club(only nightclub in Lviv that blacks are allowed to go) where some crazy Ukrainian junkie started going around stabbing people with an HIV infected syringe.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Man, I'm thinking Latin men won't be well received either! I'm confused as J-lo is Latin, and she was the hottest selling news in Ukraine last summer.

Mixx

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-28-2012 05:03 AM)houston Wrote:  

That's how I feel. I'm not trying to spend thousands to travel and have to break a bottle on someone's head or box them.

I co-sign. Then again Ukraine was never on my list but i would love to fuck with Romania. I used to date a romanian chick and she used to tell me that if i went there the women would crazy about me, then i met this 35 year old romanian woman, she had one of the nicest asses i have ever seen. Romanian chicks seem to have very nice asses and they seem to love black men (of course they probably also like white guys).

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

It's bad because Russian girls are so damn hot.

But I honestly don't have the balls to roll dolo in Russia, Like Mixx said probably a good looking Latin guy like me will have a target on his back.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-27-2012 10:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2012 06:28 PM)BTman Wrote:  

How did you react to his behavior?

the first time it happened i thought it was an accident and I gave him the what the fuck look. The second time I realized he was doing it on purpose...and I just walked away...he came up later and stood next to us and then kind of jostled us away...that was our cure to leave...yea I know pussy moves... but like I said he was the size of butterbean and it was just me and one 1 other guy. this guy obviously would have no problem snapping us in two. And this wasn't at some shit hole dive bar but one of the nicer clubs in Kiev (Patipa)

in terms of roling dolo here i would advise against it. one of the guys we met there an australian dude of ukrainian descent told us he got shook down for money from the cops when he was walking home by himself. he spoke fluent russian, but they just knew he wasn't from there. They didnt ask for much money probably like the equivalent of $20 but still...

The women were smoking hot though, but i wouldn't recommend traveling alone. I went to Russia before this with about 6 guys and we had no problems there in 2 weeks other than a few dirty looks from guys and our group looked like the UN.

I think racism there and everywhere for that matter comes down to insecurities with outsiders sleeping with their local women. The picture and caption in the newspaper article really drives home the point, they equate the black and arab dudes to monkeys and any girl that would sleep with said monkey to prostitutes... this is very far from the truth girls in these countries are hungry for foreign guys...

"“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-28-2012 09:45 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2012 05:03 AM)houston Wrote:  

I co-sign. Then again Ukraine was never on my list but i would love to fuck with Romania. I used to date a romanian chick and she used to tell me that if i went there the women would crazy about me, then i met this 35 year old romanian woman, she had one of the nicest asses i have ever seen. Romanian chicks seem to have very nice asses and they seem to love black men (of course they probably also like white guys).

Romanian women are smoking hot...and didn't have any racial / safety issues...that being said the hot women were very hard to game though... check out my datasheet for a full breakdown:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8431.html

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-28-2012 01:39 PM)BTman Wrote:  

Romanian women are smoking hot...and didn't have any racial / safety issues...that being said the hot women were very hard to game though...

Peep the article to a tragic incident in Romania which happened to an Afr-Am b-baller last summer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/09...02568.html

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-28-2012 02:42 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

“So you’re African-American?” They would interrupt, struggling to comprehend.

They saw me as an American citizen, but not really. The inability to believe that a black man can truly be considered an American in today’s world illustrated the way they saw themselves in Russian society. They were Russian citizens, but not quite.

You have to understand the mindset of people in the EE countries. Not only are they not melting-pot countries and without much immigration (like the U.S., UK, and France), but these people were locked behind the Iron Curtain for fifty years with little freedom, exposure to other cultures, or movement (except for the Russification process of moving Russians into those countries).

The populations of these countries are very homogeneous. In fact, in many of these EE countries, the ethnic natives do not consider the Russian population part of their national self. So, for example, the Baltic people do not consider the Russian population as Lithuanians, Latvians, or Estonians. They recognize them as citizens, but not as part of their ethnic nationality. So, it is a foreign concept for them to think of someone as African-American or even Irish-American.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:09 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

So, it is a foreign concept for them to think of someone as African-American or even Irish-American.

So by their definition who are the real Americans? The Mayflower Descendants?

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

I'm not sure if I'd attribute the fight that lead to that death of the player as racist. All over east europe, posters of all colors have said they have felt like when they were gaming girls in bars that men were going to fight them.

Racism in Ukraine/FSU

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:33 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

I'm not sure if I'd attribute the fight that lead to that death of the player as racist. All over east europe, posters of all colors have said they have felt like when they were gaming girls in bars that men were going to fight them.

G is white and he got into a fight or two in Riga.