rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are the meat heads eating

So I'm in the mass gaining phase of my workout season. Been doing this for while and my "big boy meal plan" is pretty boring.

Wake up 2 or 3 packs of oatmeal

mid morning snack small pop open can of tuna along with weight gainer whey protein shake half=500 calories

lunch 3 to 5 chicken drum sticks and side of couple small backed potatoes or country crock side dish

mid day snack before gym 2 or 3 eggs and rest of weight gainer shake

dinner

steak and potatoes or some side, frozen hot wings and sides, lasagna, vegetables, or fast food.

I pretty much have the basic food groups covered. What I'm looking for is a meal and combo that is great for muscle gain, high protein, simple to make, and also doesn't take too long 45 minutes 1 hour tops.

For example one of the dinners I like to make but slightly expensive is a rack of lamb (season it, brown it on both sides and ends on a skillet, throw it in the oven baked at 375/ 400 degrees for 35 minutes and good to go) served with a side of sweat potato. Usually have some left overs to take to work the next morning

Anyone else have breezy high muscle meals they make that isn't covered in my daily meal plan up there. Would love some salmon recipes or maybe some other meats and what not that I'm not thinking about.

Virgle Kent

[email protected]

Twitter @VKsempireofdirt

I'll make a pork loin roast once a week. 3lb piece of meat. Season it with Vegeta vegetable seasoning. Peel and slice some potatoes. Throw it all in a roasting pan. 350 degrees for 2 hours in the oven.

You'll get about 5-6 1 inch slices out of it. Cost is about $7. Easy to make and good eatin.

Team Nachos

I eat 18 raw (organic) egg yokes with 18 cooked whites,2 lbs of grass fed ground beef (hamburgers), 1lb of chicken and 2 - 3 protein shakes. I blenderize fruits and veggies for carbs and only eat oatmeal as a pre workout meal. I don't haggle to much on variety, I just eat to get full and hit my caloric goal.

20 mins tops to cook everything I just mentioned*

Get a crock pot. Put your food in (on low) before bed. Then pack it up for work/save the rest for dinner.

You can do all sorts of roasts. Line the crock pot with veggies and potatoes. Throw a lean roast on top.

Throw some ground beef/turkey in with beans or lentils.

Season some chicken thighs, throw them in.

I do whole rotisserie chickens. No need to add veggie stock. Just toss it in and it'll stay moist.

On weekend, throw stuff in crock pot when you wake up. Hot dinner will be ready for you around 6 p.m.

Virgil Kent- It sounds like you know what you're doing, so there's not much to tell you. I would try to utilize different beans and lentils, as they are high in protein and fiber, and are pretty damn cheap as well. It's not too hard to make tasty soups out of them and you can have leftovers for days. You can make plenty of bomb side dishes out of them too and it would seem to me that something involving beans and lentils would be the highest protein side dishes there are.

I've been making this one a lot. Thomas Keller is one of the best chefs in the world, and this one's super easy. Takes less than an hour to make, w/ only about 5 min active cooking time.

Anything with jalapeños.

What I do with the oatmeal is I buy the 5 lb buckts and I cook it in the microwave while I sautee some cut-up fruit(apple,banana) with a little bit of butter and sugar to taste, then I mix it in. For the pasta meals I use chicken tenderloins and gnocchi because the tenderloins cook quickly on the stovetop and gnocchi is dense, I keep it interesting by switching the sauces between marinara, pesto, bechamel, and alfredo. I found some good ricotta at the Italian market that I like to throw in, which adds protein as well. My other staple meal is a big burger(8-12oz) with a salad and sweet potato. For my salmon, I usually grill a big piece on the stovetop. I don't have a fancy recipe, but I do basil, salt, and pepper on the side up->flip it-> butter and pepper on the side finishing up. I usually eat it with asparagus and a sweet potato. I've bulked my way to 280 eating like that.

fast:

Steak (filet) 1 min per side on the stove then 12 minutes in the oven at 375. 44gop in 8oz.

Salmon burgers from costco, 4 minutes per side on the stove. eat 2, 40gop.

pasta + good jarred sauce (Rao's - delicious, all natural). 4oz of pasta = around 80 carbs. takes about 10-15 minutes to cook depending on how hot your flame is.

organic brown rice bowls from costco. cook in 90 seconds, around 60 grams of carbs. uncle bens sells a similar product at grocery stores, but it has a bunch of processed stuff in it.

peanut butter

Example of my diet:

Meal 1 (and 2)
Smoothie ( 20oz Oatmeal, 8 oz Blueberries, 12oz Milk, 2 scoops whey isolate. Drink 1/3 of this soon as a wakeup and the other 2/3 after i train before i go to work

Middle of workout
Post-workout supp (simple carbs, creatine, glutamine)
2 scoops Whey

Meal 3
~8oz Chicken Breast
1 Rice bowl

Meal 4
Hard Boiled Eggs
Peanut Butter

Meal 5
~8oz chicken
banana

Meal 6
10oz filet
4 oz Pasta
bowl of brocolli

Meal 7
2 cups of cottage cheese

Quote: (01-19-2012 12:00 AM)Virgle Kent Wrote:  

So I'm in the mass gaining phase of my workout season.

mid morning snack small pop open can of tuna along with weight gainer

You could substitute salmon for tuna to add good fat and calories. Also, natural peanut butter is another easy way to add slow-digesting calories.

Nuts. Almonds and walnuts! Mad dense and full or protein, healthy fats, and much needed fibre. Get a big bag of cheap unroasted almonds and toast them yourself in the oven.

Slow cooker is great too my issue is that I make so much meat it lasts to long and I get sick of it! I love chicken but I've been eating it daily since Sunday ... Sick of it. Lol

OP try and eat as clean as possible, even during a bulk. Also macro timing is still important.

Ground turkey (93% lean) tacos on a low carb wrap is my current fav. Tons of low fat protein and fresh veggies

Like a boss

VK, if you want something of specific flavor let me know I'll see what kind of recipe I can work out.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Read meat is the best food you can eat.

Heavy cream at 100 calories per ounce is good for shakes while bulking. 3 scoops of protein, 12 ounces of cream, 12 ounces of water (or milk), and some frozen fruit, 1600+ calories. Coconut oil also works, though I've never used more than an ounce or two at a time in a shake.

Quote: (01-19-2012 12:39 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Get a crock pot. Put your food in (on low) before bed. Then pack it up for work/save the rest for dinner.

You can do all sorts of roasts. Line the crock pot with veggies and potatoes. Throw a lean roast on top.

Throw some ground beef/turkey in with beans or lentils.

Season some chicken thighs, throw them in.

I do whole rotisserie chickens. No need to add veggie stock. Just toss it in and it'll stay moist.

On weekend, throw stuff in crock pot when you wake up. Hot dinner will be ready for you around 6 p.m.

Mike this sounds like the solution I've been waiting for. I want to control my lunch time meals better and prepare more often for myself. I struggle for time in the evening to prepare a good meal.

Do you have some good recipes/favourites?

As for me -

Breakfast eggs and some veg.

Lunch Sushi or a Chicken wrap.

Dinner consists of usually Chicken/Turkey and Veg.

Then plenty of veg and water throughout the day and snack periodically on nuts with the odd peanutbutter sandwich here and there.

I did some crockpot stuff too

http://chefinjeans.com/2011/10/25/cookin...t-a-crock/

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

+1 on the nuts

also for breakfast id suggest adding some scrambled eggs cooked in butter to your oatmeal, the saturated fat + cholesterol will help your testosterone levels

to your protein shakes add some greek yogurt. .75cup of that stuff has 18g protein, 20 fat and about 200 calories

sardines are good + full of omega 3s.

cottage cheese is high in slow digesting casein, eat some before bed to keep your blood protein levels high overnight.

Where does the desire to be a meathead come from?
Blown up guys just look wrong to me .
Muhammad's kind of physique is ideal for my height.
Taut but slim and trim..looks good in a suit..not like a bouncer!
Don't think he pushed any weights other than his own either.
Not too sure what his diet was,but it definitely didn't include any pork ! [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (01-19-2012 05:04 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

<snip>

You can do oatmeal in the crock pot. Throw in almond milk, protein powder, and whole oats, apples, cinnamon. Leave overnight. Wake up and there you are.

As for recipes. I just google 'crock pot chilli" and follow whatever they suggest.

My modification is that I use dry beans and lentils (canned beans have BPAs), so you gotta pre-soak them.

Easy receipe to get you started?

Get 15 bean soup. It'll be in any supermarket dry goods aisle.

Soak the beans overnight in water.

Throw them in the crock pot with a whole roast and a carton of vegetable stock.

That will introduce you to crock pot cooking.

If you like that, you'll be hooked.

Quote: (01-19-2012 07:30 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Where does the desire to be a meathead come from?
Blown up guys just look wrong to me .
Muhammad's kind of physique is ideal for my height.
Taut but slim and trim..looks good in a suit..not like a bouncer!
Don't think he pushed any weights other than his own either.
Not too sure what his diet was,but it definitely didn't include any pork ! [Image: smile.gif]

Great

Avoid adding the protien in until last minute. Heat degrades the protien and you will endup wasting much of in the cooking process. I put protien powder in my oatmeal also but not until last minute when it is cool enough for me to eat.

Good call on sardines. I have a recipe for a Sardine sandwhich I got from Alton Brown (Food network) it sounds foul but its damn good, just make sure you use a good quaility bread like a hearty rye. Its basically: Sardines, olive oil (lots), avacado, and red onion, salt+pepper, lemon juce and parsley. Slap it on the toasted bread and your good. Its quck and full of protien and fats, slow digesting carbs, etc.

Avoid adding the protien in until last minute. Heat degrades the protien and you will endup wasting much of in the cooking process. I put protien powder in my oatmeal also but not until last minute when it is cool enough for me to eat.

Good call on sardines. I have a recipe for a Sardine sandwhich I got from Alton Brown (Food network) it sounds foul but its damn good, just make sure you use a good quaility bread like a hearty rye. Its basically: Sardines, olive oil (lots), avacado, and red onion, salt+pepper, lemon juce and parsley. Slap it on the toasted bread and your good. Its quck and full of protien and fats, slow digesting carbs, etc.

The amount of food it takes to bulk up properly is staggering. I have been unable to take that step.

Even with my moderate bulks, the minute I slow down my eating or workouts I deflate right back. Muscles are really high maintenance.

Quote: (01-19-2012 09:09 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The amount of food it takes to bulk up properly is staggering. I have been unable to take that step.

Even with my moderate bulks, the minute I slow down my eating or workouts I deflate right back. Muscles are really high maintenance.

You don't have muscular density/tonality. That's the hardness your muscles have when at rest.

That takes years.

Nice thing...If you build a great foundation by 35, you'll look good at 50.

http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2011/0...lance.html