rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flying to Bogota tomorrow, any pointers?

OK guys so I'm getting on a plane tomorrow morning and by mid-afternoon I will be in Bogota. I'm really stoked but just wanted to ask a few questions to all you experts out there, and invite all comments, suggestions, pointers, etc.

Basically here's what I plan on doing there:
-Learning conversational Spanish: for the same reasons anyone else would, plus it could be useful for future career opportunities.
-Visiting a few of the major cities (Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, Cali for sure).
-Learning salsa: I'm going to find a class or private teacher to teach me
-Having a good cultural experience: I have a genuine interest in Latin American and Colombian history, culture, food, art, etc. I want to be fully immersed in this culture, as much as possible.
-Last but not least, the women: I have all the same complaints of North American women as everyone else and look forward to spending time with Colombian women. I already captured my "flag" a few years ago and am familiar with Colombian women (ones I met in Canada). Of course, I have Bang Colombia, Bang and Day bang!

I'm actually meeting a good friend of mine from Calgary in Bogota, she's home for the holidays and is picking me up at the airport. We'll stay at her mom's place (estrada 2!) for a night or two, then she's going to introduce me to her female friend who lives in a "good neighbourhood" in the north, she lives alone in a 3 BR apartment and has offered to rent me a room (sweet, hopefully shes hot and is looking to get her Canadian flag, lol). My friend is also hooking me up with an honest, trustworthy driver to show me around when she leaves on January 6th.

Apart from that, I haven't made any serious plans. I don't plan on staying in Bogota too long, maybe a week or two, I want to check out some museums (Museo del Oro for sure) and do the ciclovia on Sunday. Any other suggestions?

Does Colombia have a punk or heavy metal scene? I think that would be cool to check out! I generally like hanging out in the day, walking, meeting new people, eating at restos, etc. How about skateboarding, is that big there?

I bought a return ticket to Miami for April 12, so I'll have a full 3 months there, I may change the ticket and stay longer if I really like it. I plan on just staying in Colombia but may do a 2 week trip somewhere such as Peru, Argentina, DR, Nicaragua,etc.

I have a very healthy budget, 20K is my absolute max but I'd like to keep it more in the 12-15K range.

Anyway, llike I said before all suggestions and comments are welcome and if any of you are in colombia and want to meet up, get in touch!

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome, you guys rule and I'mma keep busting data sheets as I go!

I should have added that my Spanish is fairly weak (I can introduce myself ask for directions, etc. very basic) and my experience in traveling to 3rd world countries is limited to my 5 weeks in Jamaica (off resort) and Pasco county Florida.

Do an intensive Spanish course, at least for your first two weeks. 4 hours a day minimum. Use the course as a way to approach in the day for Spanish help in university settings.

Quote: (01-02-2012 08:34 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Do an intensive Spanish course, at least for your first two weeks. 4 hours a day minimum. Use the course as a way to approach in the day for Spanish help in university settings.

This is going to be the most important thing. It's a Spanish speaking country, so the more Spanish you speak the more you are going to get out of the country.

If you like, I could put you in touch with my the Spanish tutor that I hired in Bogotá. He was an excellent teacher, he was good at explaining things, wasn't too expensive, and will travel to where you are staying in Bogotá. This is big deal considering how crowded and congested Bogota is.

Thanks for the advice guys, I plan on enrolling in a class after my first few days there and look forward to improving my Spanish language skills. Celtic, if you could PM me your tutor's details, that would be much appreciated.

After re-reading my post, I should have been more specific in what I'm looking for, considering the fact that I have at least 3 months (which, if I really want could turn into about 6 months if I watch my spending, something I'm honestly not that good at!)....what would you guys do? Where would you go in Colombia? Would you travel around or just pick one or two cities to stay in (if so, which ones)? Are there any specific "must do's" in Colombia? any specific festivals to attend? any specific neighbourhoods in certain cities to hang out in?

Again, any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated guys!

Damn! Your gonna have an fucking BLAST!

Here is what id do with 3 months.

Bogota - 2 weeks

Cali - 1 month

Medellin - 1 month

Barranquilla - 1 month

Visit all the cool interesting places / cities near by those above cities.

PM sent.

You'll have a great time down there. Bogotá is one of the favorite cities that I have visited, it has the coolest and friendliest people of anywhere I've visited. Check out the national parks near Bogota, there is absolutely gorgeous scenery up in the mountains.

If you're looking to meet women, I had a lot of success on ColombianCupid, you should be able to line up dates pretty easily with that. If you want to make Colombian friends who show you around the country, google "Skype Language Exchange" and can you sign up for a langauge exchange program. You can practice Spanish with them on Skype while you have some downtime, help them with their English, and then later they should be glad to show you around.

Scotian so you aint working all this year?

Anyway, i think 20k for 3 months is way too much money to be spent, even 12k for 3 months is a lot of money.

If you are looking at saving money, try stay in a hostel, cook at home if you can or just eat at normal places, dont spend 100 dollars in one bottle of alcohol.

Actually i dont understand how people end up spending so much money when they travel, even if i wanted to, i dont think i would be able to spend 4k a month, maybe is because i never rent cars when i travel but even if i was renting one, i dont think i would be able to spend all that money in a month.

20k could easily last you 10 months, ask Neilskywalker how he does it hehe.

Anyway, keep us updated with your journey in Colombia, have fun.

Quote: (01-03-2012 02:43 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Scotian so you aint working all this year?

Anyway, i think 20k for 3 months is way too much money to be spent, even 12k for 3 months is a lot of money.

If you are looking at saving money, try stay in a hostel, cook at home if you can or just eat at normal places, dont spend 100 dollars in one bottle of alcohol.

Actually i dont understand how people end up spending so much money when they travel, even if i wanted to, i dont think i would be able to spend 4k a month, maybe is because i never rent cars when i travel but even if i was renting one, i dont think i would be able to spend all that money in a month.

20k could easily last you 10 months, ask Neilskywalker how he does it hehe.

Anyway, keep us updated with your journey in Colombia, have fun.

Pitt, my news years resolution is to work the least amount as possible this year, work is sooo overrated!

Ya 20K is a bit much but thats what I have to play with, I try to be wise with my money but it just never works out! I like doing all kinds of different things like fishing tours, sight seeing, etc. I'll be flying everywhere I go also, that can get a bit pricey! I"m probably going to rent a villa somewhere near Cartagena and fly my folks down for a week or two.

My really big expenses are incurred when I get drunk, which happens quite often! Actually I'm thinking of cutting down on the boozing (focusing more on hobbies and game), so hopefully that helps with the spending!

I don't think I'll be staying at too many hostels, maybe once in awhile to meet people to party with or something but I want to speak as much Spanish as possible and the least amount of English!

Thanks for the info guys, good stuff there Celtic, Dash, why Barranquilla instead of Cartagena?
thanks

Adios!

Cartagena is not the real Colombia. Its a fucking tourist trap. Its cool to visit and see and maybe stay for 2 weeks but it cant compare to Barranquilla.

The women and nightlife in Barranquilla KILLS Cartagena. Not to mention its cheaper and you wont have to worry about seeing any other gringos aka you will have the entire city to yourself. Unlike Cartagena where you cant walk down the street without seeing tourists / gringos EVERYWHERE.

Quote: (01-02-2012 08:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

OK guys so I'm getting on a plane tomorrow morning and by mid-afternoon I will be in Bogota. I'm really stoked but just wanted to ask a few questions to all you experts out there, and invite all comments, suggestions, pointers, etc.

Basically here's what I plan on doing there:
-Learning conversational Spanish: for the same reasons anyone else would, plus it could be useful for future career opportunities.
-Visiting a few of the major cities (Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, Cali for sure).
-Learning salsa: I'm going to find a class or private teacher to teach me
-Having a good cultural experience: I have a genuine interest in Latin American and Colombian history, culture, food, art, etc. I want to be fully immersed in this culture, as much as possible.
-Last but not least, the women: I have all the same complaints of North American women as everyone else and look forward to spending time with Colombian women. I already captured my "flag" a few years ago and am familiar with Colombian women (ones I met in Canada). Of course, I have Bang Colombia, Bang and Day bang!

I'm actually meeting a good friend of mine from Calgary in Bogota, she's home for the holidays and is picking me up at the airport. We'll stay at her mom's place (estrada 2!) for a night or two, then she's going to introduce me to her female friend who lives in a "good neighbourhood" in the north, she lives alone in a 3 BR apartment and has offered to rent me a room (sweet, hopefully shes hot and is looking to get her Canadian flag, lol). My friend is also hooking me up with an honest, trustworthy driver to show me around when she leaves on January 6th.

Apart from that, I haven't made any serious plans. I don't plan on staying in Bogota too long, maybe a week or two, I want to check out some museums (Museo del Oro for sure) and do the ciclovia on Sunday. Any other suggestions?

Does Colombia have a punk or heavy metal scene? I think that would be cool to check out! I generally like hanging out in the day, walking, meeting new people, eating at restos, etc. How about skateboarding, is that big there?

I bought a return ticket to Miami for April 12, so I'll have a full 3 months there, I may change the ticket and stay longer if I really like it. I plan on just staying in Colombia but may do a 2 week trip somewhere such as Peru, Argentina, DR, Nicaragua,etc.

I have a very healthy budget, 20K is my absolute max but I'd like to keep it more in the 12-15K range.

Anyway, llike I said before all suggestions and comments are welcome and if any of you are in colombia and want to meet up, get in touch!

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome, you guys rule and I'mma keep busting data sheets as I go!

Two things....get a hip spanish speaking wing man (or woman) and come to Cali while I'm there.....Jan 26th - Feb 5th.

Remember that chicks that look like this in their uniform....

[attachment=3976]

often look like this in a bikini;-)

[attachment=3977]

[attachment=3978]

Oh boy I wish I had 3 months in Colombia..
I'm looking forward to read your reports

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (01-03-2012 11:43 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Careful, you may not ever want to go back to Brazil cara!

Mixx

Quote: (01-03-2012 11:47 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2012 11:43 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Careful, you may not ever want to go back to Brazil cara!

Mixx

damn is brazil that bad.

Quote: (01-03-2012 11:59 AM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

damn is brazil that bad.

No, Colombia is that easy.

Mixx

Quote: (01-03-2012 12:05 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

damn is brazil that bad.

Mixx

I though they would be the same. i really don't think its that easy to pull the really high quality girls in medellin.

Quote: (01-03-2012 12:11 PM)latinapuslover Wrote:  

damn is brazil that bad.

Mixx

I though they would be the same. i really don't think its that easy to pull the really high quality girls in medellin.

I dont know of any place where it is easy to pull 9's - 10's consistently without one of the following

1) Good looks
2) Money
3) Fame

With that said I doubt there is anyplace that beats Colombia in regards to latin women when you factor in looks & ease

Scotian make sure you visit cartagena. Women with phat booties are there in huge amounts, i also want to fly there, i would appreciate if you could throw some datasheet about Cartagena.

Quote: (01-03-2012 12:23 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

damn is brazil that bad.

Mixx

I dont know of any place where it is easy to pull 9's - 10's consistently without one of the following

1) Good looks
2) Money
3) Fame

With that said I doubt there is anyplace that beats Colombia in regards to latin women when you factor in looks & ease

Well said Dash. There is not one country in the world where pulling 9's and 10s is "easy" without the 3 points mentioned above, and of course, you game in the local language!

Colombia is easier to pull girls that are in the 7-8 range than in Brazil, even for a normal, overweight average Joe with a little cash - it's easier in Colombia. Brazilian women who are very good looking are usually snobs. I've pulled 8's from Brazil before, but it was because of my local social status and whom my friends were locally in Brazil.

Mixx

Have a fun trip bud and looking forward to reading your reports and post lots of datas and pics of the chicas.

Quote: (01-03-2012 07:08 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Thanks for the info guys, good stuff there Celtic, Dash, why Barranquilla instead of Cartagena?
thanks

Adios!

I agree with the fellas on this Barranquilla vs. Cartagena talk. You really don't need more than a week in Cartagena (avoid spending too much time in the walled city because you will endure rape prices there). The panhandlers in Cartagena are the most aggressive I've ever seen (pure hustlers) so try to avoid them if you can. Lots of dudes will try to sell you boxed Cuban Cohiba cigars but it's a rip off.

You'll probably get bored by day 4 or 5, if not sooner. Bocagrande is the modern part and you will see some p4p action there. I recommend hitting up islas rosario (including playa blanca) which you can get to by boat from Cartagena in less than an hour.

Cartagena is superior to Barranquilla for tourism, but for actual local chicks, go to Barranquilla. Bquilla is an industrial city where chicks live their life and work. You'll have more opportunities to meet real locals in real bars and clubs where there will be very few gringos. This is Shakira's hometown and when you see how the locals look, you'll think of her as overrated if you don't believe that already. Actually, I recommend heading there in February so you can catch the Carnival.

Have fun bro!

Quote: (01-03-2012 04:39 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2012 07:08 AM)scotian Wrote:  

thanks

Adios!

I agree with the fellas on this Barranquilla vs. Cartagena talk. You really don't need more than a week in Cartagena (avoid spending too much time in the walled city because you will endure rape prices there). The panhandlers in Cartagena are the most aggressive I've ever seen (pure hustlers) so try to avoid them if you can. Lots of dudes will try to sell you boxed Cuban Cohiba cigars but it's a rip off.

You'll probably get bored by day 4 or 5, if not sooner. Bocagrande is the modern part and you will see some p4p action there. I recommend hitting up islas rosario (including playa blanca) which you can get to by boat from Cartagena in less than an hour.

Cartagena is superior to Barranquilla for tourism, but for actual local chicks, go to Barranquilla. Bquilla is an industrial city where chicks live their life and work. You'll have more opportunities to meet real locals in real bars and clubs where there will be very few gringos. This is Shakira's hometown and when you see how the locals look, you'll think of her as overrated if you don't believe that already. Actually, I recommend heading there in February so you can catch the Carnival.

Have fun bro!

Cartagena 3-4 days to see the city and it sights is enough....I had to stay there more then a week because of an infected foot, but after like 5 days i wanted to leave the place ASAP! Barranquilla is cool for party and girls...befriend some people and they will take you to the local parties. Thursday-Saturday booming! Sunday-Wednesday boring!...maybe in this days you can visit santa marta and tayrona and return for parties to barranquilla the weekend after that.

Quote: (01-03-2012 02:50 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2012 12:23 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

damn is brazil that bad.

Mixx

1) Good looks
2) Money
3) Fame

Well said Dash. There is not one country in the world where pulling 9's and 10s is "easy" without the 3 points mentioned above, and of course, you game in the local language!

Colombia is easier to pull girls that are in the 7-8 range than in Brazil, even for a normal, overweight average Joe with a little cash - it's easier in Colombia. Brazilian women who are very good looking are usually snobs. I've pulled 8's from Brazil before, but it was because of my local social status and whom my friends were locally in Brazil.

Mixx
well DR Santiago was the first country i visited and i thought that was 5x easier then medellin colombia but i decided to stick to medellin as my favorite place cause of the hotter women, much better country and classier people. in dr Santiago i wouldn't even get there number i would just tell them come to the crib and they were down the amount of girls just staring at you everywhere was just crazy but this was so long that i have to go back and check it out.

What does the typical Barranquilla girl look like? How much variety is there in terms of color? A rough percentage breakdown would be brilliant. Love pictures, too.

Can anyone compare the typical hue and attitude of Barranquilla girls to Cali girls?

How is it moving around in these cities? Is all the desirable shit concentrated in one or two ares or are they more far flung?

Thanks.