rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Disadvantages for good looking guys

Do y'all think there are disadvantages in this game if you're above average in looks? I can't find the thread but I know Mixx spoke on this once.

Something that took me years to get was the fact that good looks works against you if you're being a jerk/assertive.

List of grievances:
  • An absurdly high number of false prospects just looking for validation. This is actually REALLY annoying.
  • When 2+ girls in the same environment like you, it becomes more about them beating each other than them liking you.
  • Chicks put up higher walls. Solid quality girls will play harder to get than around someone they're not scared of.
  • Being flirted with when you're not in the mood for it.
  • Getting shit-tested by girls you have no interest in.
Privileges:
  • Relatively easy to fuck average, older, or heavier chicks.
  • Alpha credibility is real. When the girls respect you, all the other guys do too. This is true in every environment: school, work, social setting.
  • Absolutely shredding the self-esteem of an HB 8 - 10 in a way that a non-alpha, non-good looking guy cannot do.
All in all, it's better to be good looking. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

In my 40 or so lays in my life, most of them one night stands, I can heavily attribute it to looks i.e. girls approaching me and me closing very quickly (without much verbal game whatsoever). I'm also very picky, and most of those lays were with attractive girls.

I agree many people overvalue their own looks, but I've been told by just about every male friend of mine this (why would they lie here, its already slightly embarrassing) as well as most of the girls I've slept with.

Confident and attractive girls will respond the best to attractive guys. Interestingly, I've been approached by a whole range of girls, however, I would say 90% of the girls who will eye-fuck are the best looking ones (and obviously confident).

I have inner game, in that I have a lot of confidence and lack any supplication whatsoever and I think its a natural phenomenon, but that's about all for positive qualities for picking up women. I lack motivation and initiative however, and have a complete lack of verbal "game" though I can keep a convo. I also hate to dance.

I'd say you could cut my lays down to 5-10 if I was average looking (and with average looking girls), but this is obviously only a guess.

There are no real disadvantages. The only risk is that if you're gaming uglier girls, you may have to tread lightly. If you do bang her, and she doesn't bang hot guys often, she will be clingier.

Which isn't a huge deal. I think all these other disadvantages are BS or whining about nothing.

Good looks are relative and personal. It's being better looking than what she's used to, and being her type. What one girl finds hot another may not.

Quote: (10-03-2011 02:12 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

I think all these other disadvantages are BS or whining about nothing.

Maybe because the frequency which you are affected by these said disadvantages are low, and therefore, manageable... for you.

Quote: (10-03-2011 01:23 AM)scorpio Wrote:  

List of grievances:
  • An absurdly high number of false prospects just looking for validation. This is actually REALLY annoying.
  • When 2+ girls in the same environment like you, it becomes more about them beating each other than them liking you.
  • Chicks put up higher walls. Solid quality girls will play harder to get than around someone they're not scared of.
  • Being flirted with when you're not in the mood for it.
  • Getting shit-tested by girls you have no interest in.
Privileges:
  • Relatively easy to fuck average, older, or heavier chicks.
  • Alpha credibility is real. When the girls respect you, all the other guys do too. This is true in every environment: school, work, social setting.
  • Absolutely shredding the self-esteem of an HB 8 - 10 in a way that a non-alpha, non-good looking guy cannot do.
All in all, it's better to be good looking. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

You hit the nail on the head.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Physical attraction concerning most non-model men is subjective, at least compared to the uniform standards most men hold for women. Ever notice a guy walk by a group of girls? They'll say ten different things, with rarely a consensus. Compare that to a group of men who can usually agree on a woman's attractiveness.

Some days I feel like a model (usually around minority girls), and other days I'm like Quasimodo.

In other words, girls who like 'exotic' guys generally find me gorgeous. I'm invisible to most white girls.

Oh, and dating in DC is the pits.

i think the biggest hazard for a good looking guy is that they can be complacent, and not bother to learn about game or believe they need it..

and if they learned game, they could clean up...

Quote: (10-03-2011 10:25 AM)The_CEO Wrote:  

i think the biggest hazard for a good looking guy is that they can be complacent, and not bother to learn about game or believe they need it..

These guys may not have the sexual capacity to clean up. Cleaning up means some sort of time management skill in balancing and rotating reptiles effectively.

It's a bit like people who have natural talent vs those who have to work for it. Take basketball for instance.

Does a powerful, fast slashing player work on his jump shot and his boxing out when every time he steps on the court he's able to out jump and out run his opponents?

Unless he has an obsession or desire to just be perfect in every field, he will settle with dominating the regular schmoes.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (10-03-2011 10:37 AM)Moma Wrote:  

These guys may not have the sexual capacity to clean up. Cleaning up means some sort of time management skill in balancing and rotating reptiles effectively.

It's a bit like people who have natural talent vs those who have to work for it. Take basketball for instance.

Does a powerful, fast slashing player work on his jump shot and his boxing out when every time he steps on the court he's able to out jump and out run his opponents?

Unless he has an obsession or desire to just be perfect in every field, he will settle with dominating the regular schmoes.

i agree with that.

My close friend is very good looking. He gets laid all the time. He has 2 kids by 2 girls. He has to pay around 2000 a month in child support.

He sometimes jokes that if he was ugly he would have alot more money every month

Lets be honest, being good looking makes Game much easier.

Quote: (10-03-2011 01:23 AM)scorpio Wrote:  

List of grievances:
  • Chicks put up higher walls. Solid quality girls will play harder to get

Very deep points! Something I hadn't thought about before but in hindsight something I've witnessed all my life. I have marveled at how nice a girl will be towards a guy whom she just met, but who's clearly ugly or gay or obese, yet get stone quiet or cold when I try a subtle approach. Very interesting.

If you guys like my work, give me some rep points. Just sayin'.

This is like someone asking you on an interview what are you weaknesses, and answering "I work too hard."

Disadvantages for being good looking, is this a joke?

This is the only real disadvantage that I can see. Complacency.

This kind of question is going to be very polarizing. You either have the guys with the looks that will admit to a couple of points that they discovered after some trial and error. At the other end are the guys that had to overcome their looks that can't possibly put themselves in the mindstate to consider the disadvantages.

Quote: (10-03-2011 02:44 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

This kind of question is going to be very polarizing. You either have the guys with the looks that will admit to a couple of points that they discovered after some trial and error. At the other end are the guys that had to overcome their looks that can't possibly put themselves in the mindstate to consider the disadvantages.

I'm decent looking, some girls will tell me I'm hot. Insofar as a woman finds me attractive, I can't recall it ever hurting me. I have noticed girls show strong interest before I've said anything, probably because of my looks and style, and then it tapers off quickly, mostly in night game venues where I'm hard to hear. If there's any place where I should feel these disadvantages, it's when I overshadow the competition. And when I do, none of these disadvantages are apparent.

Talking about the disadvantages of good looks, aside from being misleading, is unmanly and ungrateful. It sounds like you're asking for pity for a gift. It's like a rich man complaining how charities ask him for money, or a hot woman whining about all the attention she gets from men, as if she wanted to be uglier. Ultimately, everyone wants to think they have it harder than everyone else, whether that's the case or not. Have some class and grace and thank the gods. If it were my friend talking like this, I'd tell him to quit being such a whiny pussy. It reminds me of this video:

Quote:Quote:

I have marveled at how nice a girl will be towards a guy whom she just met, but who's clearly ugly or gay or obese, yet get stone quiet or cold when I try a subtle approach. Very interesting.

Except for being gay, I only see the exact opposite - girls treating a guy nicely because he's handsome.

If you're poor, you can't pay your bills. If you're rich, you can't be friends with people because they're all after your money.

Everyone has problems. The difference is that some problems are better than others.

Or, as Marlo from The Wire would say, "Being good looking is what we call of those good problems."

Quote: (10-03-2011 04:10 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Talking about the disadvantages of good looks, aside from being misleading, is unmanly and ungrateful. It sounds like you're asking for pity for a gift. It's like a rich man complaining how charities ask him for money, or a hot woman whining about all the attention she gets from men, as if she wanted to be uglier. Ultimately, everyone wants to think they have it harder than everyone else, whether that's the case or not. Have some class and grace and thank the gods. If it were my friend talking like this, I'd tell him to quit being such a whiny pussy. It reminds me of this video:

You obviously feel strongly about this. So strongly that I think you're missing an opportunity to look at this in an analytical way. I doubt anybody in this thread is asking for pity as much as educating themselves. After all that's what this forum is about.

Also I don't think anyone here is arguing that these "problems" are anything but minor, if even that. Still they are something that we should be aware of if we fall into this category.

Except for being gay, I only see the exact opposite - girls treating a guy nicely because he's handsome.

I've seen the attraction vanish in many a female's eyes when they ask me what I enjoy and I (foolishly) replied:

"Reading, classical music, and board games." Everyone in DC says they're a nerd: But they're not. They're political/non-profit wonks. Wearing your margnialized geekiness on your sleeve isn't advisable unless you're a 9 or 10 of a guy...and even then, you shouldn't.

I was wanting to make a thread about this myself, but wasn't sure if I was just imagining it (read: making excuses) or if it was just a series of unrelated events.

For three weeks I've noticed this now. I got a new bar/club on lock down outside of DC. I'll get in the groove and hit the dancefloor, and I've actually had girls put up their hands and step back when I approach on the dancefloor. Very blatant "no". On a few occasions I'll see some dopey looking simp walk up and smile (basically the same approach) and the girls are quick to rub their ass on him.

Now these guys never end up going home with the girl (That I've seen) but with the same approach he got much farther then I did.

Only thing I can think is that if you're a well dressed, fit, fairly attractive guy, especially if you've got the confidence to approach straight up, you give off a "player" vibe. Could girls know that they stand a good chance of slutting it up and going home with a high quality guy so they avoid them out right? Omega bitch shields?

Could intimidation play a part in this?

This could also be entirely that the DC metro area is full of crazy bitches.

I'm not thinking to much into it because I dont want to make it an excuse not to try, to me whether your looks are good or bad, choking them up to your success rate undermines the idea of game entirely.

I will say that I ONLY notice this on the dance floor, when it comes to talking most girls seem quite open to chatting.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I've actually had girls put up their hands and step back when I approach on the dancefloor.

How do you approach them?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (10-03-2011 08:41 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I was wanting to make a thread about this myself, but wasn't sure if I was just imagining it (read: making excuses) or if it was just a series of unrelated events.

For three weeks I've noticed this now. I got a new bar/club on lock down outside of DC. I'll get in the groove and hit the dancefloor, and I've actually had girls put up their hands and step back when I approach on the dancefloor. Very blatant "no". On a few occasions I'll see some dopey looking simp walk up and smile (basically the same approach) and the girls are quick to rub their ass on him.

Now these guys never end up going home with the girl (That I've seen) but with the same approach he got much farther then I did.

Only thing I can think is that if you're a well dressed, fit, fairly attractive guy, especially if you've got the confidence to approach straight up, you give off a "player" vibe. Could girls know that they stand a good chance of slutting it up and going home with a high quality guy so they avoid them out right? Omega bitch shields?

Could intimidation play a part in this?

This could also be entirely that the DC metro area is full of crazy bitches.

I'm not thinking to much into it because I dont want to make it an excuse not to try, to me whether your looks are good or bad, choking them up to your success rate undermines the idea of game entirely.

I will say that I ONLY notice this on the dance floor, when it comes to talking most girls seem quite open to chatting.

Sounds as simple as these girls probably know the dopey guy.