rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

So I just watched this clip of JP on the JRE.

He talks about how he lost 50 pounds and is now down to basically beef, salt and water. The shift from low-carb to carnivore was because his body was reacting to other parts of the low carb diet.

It's a fascinating listen, really. I'm going to give it a go, I think. I have a lot of the symptoms he's talking about (GERD, Snoring, Psoriasis) which in his case have all gone away. The snoring even went away in a week, without massive weight loss.

It seems extreme, but you can't argue with his results.

His daughter got him on it. She was suffering from many auto immune diseases and carnivore diet helped.

That’s when I found meatheals.com

Victor @ bold and determined is promoting this now as well.

I’ve been on Keto the last few weeks and it’s helped cut plenty of fat without losing strength. Will gradually transition into carnivore but grass fed beef costs a ton here. Pork is so much cheaper but probably lots more antibiotics in there.

Does anyone other member have any experience to share?

Quote: (07-05-2018 08:36 AM)DrugAdvisor Wrote:  

Victor @ bold and determined is promoting this now as well.

he's promoting raw meat:
https://boldanddetermined.com/raw-meat-diet/

I like my steak saignant, or even blue sometimes, but not sure if I'd enjoy it raw [Image: smile.gif]

He's not the only one who follows that diet though, a band member of a Russian band I'm fan of does it too.

This is incredibly interesting and they are right in saying that the elevated level of carb in most people’s diet is causing many many problems in the modern world. I’m a big proponent of the primal blueprint way of eating, except that it gets quite boring. When I am on it, the weight drops and I feel great.

What JP is talking about here though is on a different level, although I think his intolerance to whatever he is allergic to in vegetables sends I him down this road. Does anyone know more about a pure carnivore diet?

Check out his daughter, she had some real health problems and is doing fantastic on a carnavor diet.

WB as well.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-05-01-at-6.34.26-AM.png...=347%2C574]

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Quote: (07-05-2018 08:39 AM)Meliorare93 Wrote:  

I like my steak saignant, or even blue sometimes, but not sure if I'd enjoy it raw [Image: smile.gif]

It just needs to be very cold, cut very small, with a little egg yolk, salt, pepper and whatever you like (chili powder is good) and you have a basic tartar.

Very good, easy and delicious.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

This page is an interesting list of links. I clicked through to the first FB group and it looks good.

http://justmeat.co/

There's a link on there which is an archive of posts from a guy called Bear which seems to be some of the accepted wisdom, from 2006. Interesting read so far.

http://web.archive.org/web/2017030316334...0-asc-.php

(This shit is amazing. 71 year old genius that's been doing the diet for 47 years. Holy fuck what a read.)

I'm intrigued, mostly because JP talks about it is the same way I think about it.

"Look I'm super skeptical, I can't explain it, and I know it's anecdotal. All I can say is what worked for me, daughter, and wife, and other people who've come up to me and reported back."

The brain function and sleep changes was fascinating to me. I'll probably re-listen to this again when I need a kick in the pants. I also love his "I'll try anything for a month, who cares, it's just a month"....I need to take a healthy break from beer and all refined carbs and see.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

His skin is truly amazing there, where the fuck did his wrinkles go?

From what I read, he is basically doing a keto diet (we have a thread dedicated to it). For many, minimizing carbs has amazing results beyond weight loss. For me, I haven't had a migraine since going on the diet. I have had chronic migraines since I was 14 years old.

Nope - that was what he WAS doing. His diet now is beef, salt and water. Watch the video!

Also interestingly 'Bear' claims that his zero-carb diet is not a 'keto' diet.

Quote:Quote:

At this point I would like to point out that a zero carb diet does NOT cause ketosis. The body rapidly adapts within a few weeks and begins consuming the ketones from fat metabolism. A fully keto-adapted body excretes no ketones in the urine. A metabolic by product, 'ketone bodies' are actually a special kind of carb, and they substitute for glucose at the structures which use it. They have the added advantage of making you feel good- and well fed.

Hell is like Newark, magnesium deficiency is a noted cause of migraines. Could also be Herxheimer / detox reactions now. May want to get blood work done and proceed gradually.

This meat diet looks very interesting. Will look into it. Proper nutritional supplemention gets over looked all too often and having a full blood panel and food functional medicine advice will keep you from developing or exacerbating existing conditions.

Doesn't seem like a good diet for an active person. Anyone doing this while training hard or just generally being a busy person?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-05-2018 11:43 AM)Truth Tiger Wrote:  

Hell is like Newark, magnesium deficiency is a noted cause of migraines. Could also be Herxheimer / detox reactions now. May want to get blood work done and proceed gradually.

This meat diet looks very interesting. Will look into it. Proper nutritional supplemention gets over looked all too often and having a full blood panel and food functional medicine advice will keep you from developing or exacerbating existing conditions.

Mine are genetic (my Dad has them). Blood work improved dramatically after the diet change. My triglycerides went down to 72. I do take supplements though (including magnesium). Migraines went away before I started taking magnesium.

Quote: (07-05-2018 12:14 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Doesn't seem like a good diet for an active person, anyone doing this while training hard or just generally being a busy person?

"Bear" in the link above is (at the time) a 71 year old on the diet for 47 years who mountain bikes for 30-45 minutes before every workout where he lifts.

JP also mentions he works out.

No personal experience yet, but very fascinated so far.

Potential tool yes
Long term idiotic

I've seen videos of a dude eating pounds of liver raw so that guys got him beat I think.

I too have shifted to the human carnivorous diet recently and have never been more healthy - plus - it's the perfect beef resolution program.

But seriously - while it's possible to do without meat, some people probably have bodies that do much better with a carnivorous diet - Jordan Peterson and his family seem to be those people.

Quote: (07-05-2018 04:18 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

I too have shifted to the human carnivorous diet recently and have never been more healthy - plus - it's the perfect beef resolution program.

But seriously - while it's possible to do without meat, some people probably have bodies that do much better with a carnivorous diet - Jordan Peterson and his family seem to be those people.

Peterson talked a lot about this diet near the end of his latest Joe Rogan interview. The funny thing is that all of this came from his daughter, and he kind of just took little steps first cutting carbs and sugars and then even greens and ended up losing fifty pounds, being able to wake up early for the first time in his life, and getting off SSRIs.

He has said he has no idea why it works and hasn't done the research, just speaking as a layman.

He also said that cheating even a little bit didn't work for him, and he might cheat with something innocuous like a fruit juice, and find himself feeling like shit for a month, and going back to the diet.

I agree with SS, and think that there are certain people who just need meat, as there are certain others who are sickened by meat.

It could be that diet is far more mysterious and complex than the experts think, because weird diets like this seem to work for some people.

It reminds me of the story of the English kid who would only eat jam sandwichs, and everyone was worried, but it turns out he got sufficient protein and vitamins and minerals.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/...-diet.html

A teenager who has existed on a diet of jam sandwiches for more than a decade has been given a clean bill of health.

Although Craig Flatman, 15, has eating habits that would make a nutritionist shudder, a dietician concluded last week that the 6ft 1in, 11-stone youngster was getting "adequate protein and some vitamins and minerals".

Pretty unlikely this diet would work for many other people, and yet it is working for this kid, and it must have been hell for his poor parents trying and failing to get him to eat anything else. They must have felt like shit parents.

There could also be a spiritual/mental aspect to this along the lines of the placebo effect, wherein the willingness to make a change and believing in it might account for more than standard medicine wants to acknowledge.

Specifically looking at Peterson, that was a first class bit of parenting. He is the famous one in the family, and yet he was willing to take his daughter's advice on faith and it changed his life.

This certainly did her a world of good psychologically, and it is pretty hard as a parent to say to a kid, yeah, I will trust your judgement and do what you say.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

We won't get anything decent out of diet and mainstream science, because the crapheads want depopulation and folk dying of premature cancer and various diseases.

Plus it becomes complicated because healthy centennials were known sometimes to live off purely plants, others of meats and wines. The only thing certain is that you need lots of nutrients (often supplements unless you have super-nutrient dense foods) and you need to have a low caloric input/intermittent fasting also helping.

Anything else - is insanely diverse. Some centennial tribes were living healthy on a diet of mostly potatoes, others were having wine, local pork and fish and Sicilian bread.

Just watched the whole interview, very very interesting.

Quote: (07-05-2018 05:08 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

We won't get anything decent out of diet and mainstream science, because the crapheads want depopulation and folk dying of premature cancer and various diseases.

Plus it becomes complicated because healthy centennials were known sometimes to live off purely plants, others of meats and wines. The only thing certain is that you need lots of nutrients (often supplements unless you have super-nutrient dense foods) and you need to have a low caloric input/intermittent fasting also helping.

Anything else - is insanely diverse. Some centennial tribes were living healthy on a diet of mostly potatoes, others were having wine, local pork and fish and Sicilian bread.

That just makes this whole stuff impossibly confusing. Obviously different diets work for different people, but it's not easy to run a controlled diet experiment on your body - how much time should we give each combination, what about eating out/socializing, and there are outside factors that can affect us outside of diet.

I sorta rolled my eyes when he said he ate just meat, salt and water for a month and was fine and then some fruit juice had him feeling sick for a month.

[Image: jordan.gif]

Furthermore, doing a diet for a few months doesn't really let us know much about its long-term efficacy. I suspect that you may have 1 in a few who MIGHT benefit from this, but I don't see the advantages this sort of diet has over just eating cleanly and exercising your willpower to control your fork.

I'd really like to see what his lipid panel and such looks like. I don't wanna be dismissive, but I"m not convinced that just eating meat, salt, and water is some magical combo. I suspect he's eating on extreme calorie restriction since you can only cram so much meat down before you're instantly full.

OF course, we will never know until we see some bloods, not that I expect JBP to start posting his bloods on his channel. Ha.

That said, I'd love to see some bloods from the guys in here who have done it for more than 1 month and are reporting that they enjoy it.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I've tried just eating meat, and it has always given me diarrhoea. Throw in a few greens and I'm good. Maybe it takes time to adapt to, but I quite enjoy eating some vegetables on the side. I could never go vegan though, I've eaten a few vegan meals, and was never satiated.

Quote: (07-05-2018 09:07 PM)Arado Wrote:  

Quote: (07-05-2018 05:08 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

That just makes this whole stuff impossibly confusing. Obviously different diets work for different people, but it's not easy to run a controlled diet experiment on your body - how much time should we give each combination, what about eating out/socializing, and there are outside factors that can affect us outside of diet.

Actually it's easy enough. Get 100.000 folk in each country with various diets, let them take an exact list of what they eat, test them regularly for years.

World governments spend plenty of crap on studies of why lesbians are fat (500.000$ on that) or on various feminist studies. It's not that difficult - then get control groups you pay for extreme diets. There are a ton of people willing to do those kind of things.

By now world data should have millions of entries giving us a better picture of what is healthy and isn't.

That is if mankind and our kind rulers were interested in that - which of course they are not - and neither are the interest groups in Big Pharma, Big Agro.

And they certainly don't want to pay pensions until 120. Life expectancy by the way has been dropping since the 1990s - heh: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23126814

Where are the missing 90-year-olds?

They are long dead - that's where they are.

Quote: (07-05-2018 04:18 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

While I agree with the general assertion, his wife had a lot of improvement on it too, but she would have different genes, so quite a coincidence that she just happens to have the same natural predisposition, no?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling