rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Heat Wave Thread

Heat Wave Thread

Apparently both the northeastern USA and Europe are simultaneously experiencing a heat wave at the moment. This is a thread to discuss ‘whatever’ in relation to heat waves and how you deal with them, etc.

I’m feeling a bit off myself since I haven’t been able to sleep properly for the last few nights.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Heat Wave Thread

The hotter it is the fewer clothes girls in my city wear. Good times.

Heat Wave Thread

It will be about 97 in Philly today

Tinder date wants me to come to a Phillies game too

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5p29KbcIp4oInetQyh...c&usqp=CAE]

Heat Wave Thread

Great idea for a thread, RI -- just wish some of the old timers like Mech and crew were around to speak their piece.

I must confess that I LOVE heat waves, have always loved them -- as long as one has a well-regulated apartment that maintains a cool comfortable temperature. Anything less than that is what our president might call a disgrace.

There is a special pleasure in being indoors and sensing the heaviness of the air outside, knowing that if and when you come out you will feel like you've been slapped in the face. After a few days the city streets retain the heat and people who have waited so long for the summer start feeling beaten down but keep moving around as they must. There is a sullen sweet smell of garbage and sweat, and the human being realizes its true and glorious insect and cockroach nature.

If you have a girl, make her come over at the height of the heat, 3 or 4pm, and watch her initial relief as she enters your mildly chilly abode yield with comical swiftness to the usual dull female discomfort with anything less than perfect warmth. When she takes off the few rags that cling to her curves, the goosebumps on her flesh from the temperature change at first slightly blur the tan lines, which then come into yet more enraging focus. Your cock should be in her asshole at the exact moment the absolute high for the day -- nearing or exceeding 100 if it's a heat wave worth its salt -- is registered on outdoor thermometers.

If you're on your own, your day will be even purer -- it will be filled with longueurs that only a very long, very hot, very solitary summer day can contain. There isn't a better context in which to experience the passage of time as such. But make sure you have a film lined up for that almost mythical moment -- still eons away -- when the daylight finally and slowly dissolves and gives way to a hot and nasty darkness. What better than, say, a screwball comedy from 1941 called "Bedtime Story" that slakes your eyes with a black and while that just a few hours before you would not have believed was possible?

Even if you are not well set up to go through a heat wave, you can look forward to the time when at last it relents -- perhaps broken by a thunderstorm -- and summer returns to its milder heights. There is a greater appreciation then of those heights and their simple, profound pleasures, just as one looks at life with a renewed appreciation after a fever has broken. You can really move now. Put on a tune like "Summertime" by the great musical genius Leroy Burgess and listen closely to when he sings, step in my car with such depth of feeling and beauty. Heat waves are not the very height of the summer, but the summer requires them to keep you honest, and no great summer is complete without at least a couple of them. You've got to pay your dues.

EDIT: if for whatever reason you are unable to properly air condition your place and are sleeping poorly as a result, get a tower fan and put it in your bedroom. You can get something like this from Amazon for under $60 and have it delivered to your place often same day, including Sundays. Fans are surprisingly effective even when it's quite hot out. There is no need to sleep badly.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Heat Wave Thread

I went into town yesterday, expecting to see lots of scantily clad, nubile young women. They were in a distinct minority, outnumbered by fatties in voluminous summer dresses. It never used to be like this!

Heat Wave Thread

Its been clear blue skies in Ireland for the last 2+ weeks, highest temperatures in 40 years, windows open at night, still too hot. 31 degrees celcius, sweating all day no air conditioning anywhere, because we usually have the opposite problem.

It has been surreal. The earth smells different.

Today is the 1st day in weeks that we have overcast sky so its coming to an end.

A relief.

The saddest thing was finding out many of the scantily clad ladies were simply tourists.

Heat Wave Thread

Posting the old Martha and the Vandellas tune "Heat Wave" would be too obvious, so here's one of the many copycat soul songs that might just be better than the original. For more, look up Ann Byers' "Dead End" or Tina Britt's "The Real Thing."

Heat Wave Thread

I’m in downtown Toronto and its 30C, I’m going to walk around slamming beers all day to stay cool.

Heat Wave Thread

Our poor lawn has been scorched. 31 degrees here too NW of London and no rain forecast. Back to the oven.. aka the office tomorrow, like a good tax drone.

[Image: HO3o3X2.jpg]

Heat Wave Thread

It's a good to stay hydrated if you're going to be outdoors but I don't think beer is the best choice though.

It was 93 Fahrenheit in NY yesterday...I removing rust from a with a sander and grinding wheel on my car and even in the shade I was sweating my balls off.

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:02 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I’m in downtown Toronto and its 30C, I’m going to walk around slamming beers all day to stay cool.

It should be a forum rule that all measurements referenced should be in the Imperial system(or the poster should include both). This is an American forum, founded by an American with a majority of American posters. The burden should be on the poster to use the proper measurements; I shouldn't have to look up the formula to convert.

I won't report it to mods this time, thanks.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Heat Wave Thread

Beer isn't perfect for hydration but it has a lot g history of being a good substitute. When comparing with fruit juice or coffee beer may in fact keep you hydrated better. In old days before plentiful clean water beer was safer to drink then your typical water source.

Heat Wave Thread

Beer is a great choice for hydration. Full of electrolytes and nutrients, no sugar, and mostly water.

Anyone who says otherwise is selling snake oil.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Heat Wave Thread

Quote: (07-01-2018 12:43 PM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

Beer is a great choice for hydration. Full of electrolytes and nutrients, no sugar, and mostly water.

^^
Not true at all. The alcohol in beer acts as a diuretic, which makes you have to urinate, which brings you closer to dehydration on a hot, sweaty day.

How do I know this?

When I was 16 I got very sick and was hospitalized. One of the issues was dehydration. After I was released, I had to go to a doctor, who kept saying over and over "You need to keep drinking."

As a joke I asked him if beer was alright. Knowing I was underage, and without missing a beat he told me beer was bad because it was a diuretic, and he'd recommend shots of whiskey -- which he was sure I couldn't handle since I had a hard enough time with the taste of cough syrup. Funny guy.

Heat Wave Thread

Took the motorbike and rode over to Italy with a few pals. It was hot but it was also great.

Now we are past the summer equinox the countdown to winter is on.

Heat Wave Thread

92 degrees here .
Just took a short bike ride and already want to call it a day.

Gonns do a brake job instead.

Heat Wave Thread

Quote: (07-01-2018 01:10 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2018 12:43 PM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

^^
Not true at all. The alcohol in beer acts as a diuretic, which makes you have to urinate, which brings you closer to dehydration on a hot, sweaty day.

How do I know this?

When I was 16 I got very sick and was hospitalized. One of the issues was dehydration. After I was released, I had to go to a doctor, who kept saying over and over "You need to keep drinking."

As a joke I asked him if beer was alright. Knowing I was underage, and without missing a beat he told me beer was bad because it was a diuretic, and he'd recommend shots of whiskey -- which he was sure I couldn't handle since I had a hard enough time with the taste of cough syrup. Funny guy.

Snake oil.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Heat Wave Thread

It's in the high 90s and low 100s here in Kansas the past few days (plus humid as fuck), pretty rough but having ceiling fans everywhere in the house helps a shit ton and you can keep the thermostat up a bit.

My Jeep has no A/C so I've been opting to drive the truck sometimes because it almost feels like you're going through a windy oven.

Advice I was given a long time ago about drinking beer when it's hot: always chase a beer with a bottle of water, that'll keep you hydrated.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Heat Wave Thread

I like Eastern Europe because of the milder climate. I'm in DC now and it's just uncomfortable. I'm too hairy for this.

Heat Wave Thread

It’s now 32C (that’s 90 for you Yanks) and I just changed my underwear, the nether region is brewing up some serious choda soda today. I may have to switch into pair #3 this evening.

Heat Wave Thread

Quote: (07-01-2018 02:18 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I like Eastern Europe because of the milder climate. I'm in DC now and it's just uncomfortable. I'm too hairy for this.

This merits the question; which country/city has the best climate, (globally) throughout the whole year?

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Heat Wave Thread

I have no idea what heat wave you guys are talking about. Croatia is having an unusually cool summer with a month of refreshing rains/cool bura winds. It has even affected tourism. Give us back the scorching heat suitable for getting skin cancer at the beach!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Heat Wave Thread

30-34C for days being heatwave?
Me and every other Aussie on the forum:
[Image: laugh5.gif]

Heat Wave Thread

Being British and residing in Britain, I’m used to awful, soul destroying weather, especially from November - March. Last summer was quite shit in many ways, it rained for large parts of June and July and didn’t really get going until August so for me, this is a lovely change. The heat is great, I really love it.

Heat Wave Thread

I'm envious as I'm suffering in my 10C house...

Heat Wave Thread

First week long heat wave in 6 years here. Been lucky to have lasted that long w/o one here.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal