rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BPD Borderline Personality Disorder

I figured I'd make a thread on this as I'm sure others have had an immediate family member diagnosed with this and lived the hell it is for years prior to and continuing in diagnosis. There are a number of threads on this from a relationship perspective but family wise I haven't seen any. Hopefully I save a few of you the disaster that this is.

I'll give you some personal background prior to delving into the details. After finishing graduate school I went home to live with my dad and have him mentor me in his business area. I have a much younger sibling (mid teens) from a subsequent marriage that also lives with him.

I've spent over 4 years trying to help my dad with my sibling though the last 2 or 3 when its really gotten out of control. Thankfully I am able to walk away and retire at the end of this year although I have less funds than I would've liked to have its necessary.

Here are some of the things we've dealt with.

Suicide attempts. I'm talking every other month. Not once and realized its not for them. They put them in a mental house lock down for 72 hours then ship them back out like nothing is wrong. Its an absolute tragedy the way this shit is handled by our medical system. Kids drinking bottles of medicine and other fucking cocktails of drugs need to be held not get their stomachs pumped and shipped back out on their poor parents. I feel awful for my dad and her mom who suffer from this nightmare every day.

Rehab - They tell you that you can enrol her in rehab but you have to pay 6 months upfront. $45,000. Oh and if she leaves day one you don't get any money back. So basically you are fucked because you can't get her to commit to staying in a rental for a week never mind in a rehab facility for 6 months.

Cutting. This seems to be an intermittent issue that they do for a while then stop. To make you feel bad they will also make it visible and blame you.

Grandiose unbelievable stories. We live very well in a good area. Yet I hear tails of gangs, people threatening her with guns, trap houses, hits on people. Listening to the shit she says you'd think shes living in the worst barrio in a 3rd world country. Meanwhile in reality she lives exceptionally privileged.

Victimized by males constantly - If you talk to her she will suggest shes been raped by more guys than the average guy fucks in their lives.

Ex-boyfriends - Tells crazy stories about weapon usage, how they beat her etc.

Victim mentality - Will scream at her parents and tell them to fuck themselves, they abandoned her etc. Will a few hours later talk to them like nothing happened and wonder why they are upset.

Drug and Alcohol Usage - Weed is the popular one that seems to stick. From what she says she has had a coke addiction as well. The current one of choice is the booze. Imagine someone black out drunk every day and thats what you get. Not the I drank 6 shots of rum and got a bit tipsy, I'm talking the 26er or 40 variety. Every week we are finding empties hidden away of obscene amounts of alcohol.

Social Media - Will post terrible things regarding her family and others on social media which have absolutely no merit or truth to them. When asked to take it down she say why should I because its true. We are talking totally outlandish type of things.

Extreme reactions - A simple dialogue about something will turn to her screaming profusely at you. Other times she will break down and start crying.

Boys / Sex - There was a period of time where we were literally kicking guys out we found in the house every few days. We are talking guys she had snuck in overnight. This has seemingly stopped.

Threatening to kill herself - This is a common one and extremely stressful for her parents. Whenever something isn't agreed upon she will say well shes just going to kill herself. There have been times where shes ran out of the house, came back 30 minutes later and say some guy pulled her off a bridge right before she jumped. Meanwhile we had a friend follow her and there was no bridge anywhere in sight and she walked down the street. Something simple will cause her to make these threats. This is also probably a weekly event and occurs anytime she remotely feels slighted. (Which often occurs do to absolutely nothing)

Revolving door of friends - Every other week we see a new friend group coming in the house. They are entirely new groups seemingly with no attachments or connections to the previous group. Usually they last a week or two and then seemingly disappear.

Street People - Seem to somehow frequently end up in our house. I'm talking kids who have been booted by their home by their parents and people who sleep under bridges. We've found sleeping bags and clothes in our garages / vehicles.

Blaming - Everything is someone elses fault. There is never any self admission of error. Things with no connection to someone in a million years are their fault. If you asked her she would happily tell you everything bad that has happened to her, including her drug and alcohol usage are her parents fault. In reality she has probably the nicest, kindest dad anyone could ask for. Her parents bend over backwards for her.

Disagreements - When she talks to a friend who disagrees with her you can hear her go jump from spectrum to another. Usually from Happy, to angry or sad etc.

Really weird hours - Not much to describe this as its totally inconsistent. It wouldn't be unusual for her to be awake 4am to 2pm. Sleep till 10PM or some other unusual variant.

Inability to work or attend school - Going to school is impossible. Shes gotten jobs before and then just no showed without attending a single day. We've tried the online course route with only a course or so at a time. The course never gets done. I question whether some other people who I've seen in other threads talking about BPD girlfriends who were highly successful actually have this disorder. These people are totally unable to complete basic tasks. I can't see but a fraction of them getting anything beyond menial jobs if they work at all.

High Intelligence - Shes extremely smart which she uses to her advantage.

Issues with authority - These are various. Stealing, Drinking at malls. Shes been so fucked up before that shes been screaming and threatening towards Police. If I at my age and size acted like she did towards Police I would be serving 2-5 years no doubt.

Money - Shes a teenager but seems to always come up with money. Basically involves constantly selling shit. (Phone, clothes, jewellery etc.) We've also had expensive goods disappear.

Short good periods - We get the odd week or two where you would think she was a noble peace prize winner, kind, considerate, smart. Then you get months of pure hell.

Relationship with family - From what I observe she views her family as nothing more than a means to give her what she wants at any given time be it money, take out, clothes etc. No empathy whatsoever towards family. With that said we get the odd period where she suddenly feels bad for things and apologizes.

Extremely frequent requests - Will request things non stop. I'm talking simple stuff. Drive me to a friends, get me take out etc. But its constant.

Gives no fucks about waking you up at 4am on a work day over any menial thing. I'm talking stuff like could you come clean a fork. Other times its obscene requests like can you drive me to see a friend who is 2 hours away.

No sense of stability regarding where she wants to be - Every other week I hear about a different place she wants to live. Of course with the accompanied assertion that a house needs to be bought their. Sometimes different cities, other times entirely different countries.

Reckless speak regarding money - Talks about money like it grows on trees. Asserts shes wronged because in her mid teens our dad still hasn't bought her a mansion after promising her one years ago according to her. Totally reckless spending as well is accompanied by it. I'd be shocked if people with this have any concept or ability to save. My guess is she spends $1,000+ a month on take out alone. Hundreds of dollars if not north of a thousand monthly on drugs and alcohol.

Abandonment - Constantly yells about being kicked out of the house, sleeping under bridges etc. Tells these stories to all her friends as well.

Drug use - Claims using drugs and alcohol help her. The actual rates of suicide are about 10% with this disorder. The key factor in terms of success in terms of remission or improvement is not using drugs and alcohol. Meanwhile I've read 78% of people with it develop substance abuse. (I somewhat think this disorder is actually tied to substance issue)

Intentional infliction of stress on family to get her way - She will say things like I'll be living under a bridge tonight and won't wear a coat when shes told she has to go to her moms for the night after her 9th tirade of the day. If she doesn't get money she suggests she will engage in sex work to get the money etc.

Night terrors - self explanatory.

Texting - Will constantly text you about a minor thing. As an example if my dad goes to pick her up a pizza he will get atleast 10 texts in the 20 minutes he leaves the house. Have you left? How long? Where are you? How much longer? etc.

Deception - Will lie and use extreme levels of deception to get what she wants. When shes fucked up enough knowingly admits that shes a master at deceiving people.

Suggestion for the rest of you. Don't even bother trying to fuck girls with this. Run for the hills. You are risking your livelihood. Many of you will only ever get glimpses of this disorder from the relationship side and over shortened periods of time. I can tell you this disorder will ruin everyone around them mentally, emotionally, physically. No girl or friend is worth this.

For family - I don't have much to tell you regarding deal with this. One thing you have to accept is that you are dealing with a constant timebomb. If they aren't a direct family member I'd suggest trying to limit exposure. As much as you want to help these people they need to want to get help. Regardless of how nice you are to them they will talk about you like you are the scum of the earth.

Having dated a BDP girl for 2 yrs on and off.
A LOT of what you're saying makes a whole lot more sense now.

The girl i was with also had an eating disorder to go along with everything you're saying.
It was almost like she was Mega man and switched to a different tactic (type of manipulation) to get her way, create drama for her own pleasure or get attention.

I actually forgot about the eating disorder part. There are the constant claims that people tell her shes fat including that I tell her that according to her as well as claims of an eating disorder. (I don't know though whether she makes up the eating disorder or whether its actually true in this case) It becomes very difficult to decipher whats actually true and what isn't.

The other big one I didn't mention was the total disregard for basic living standards. Hygiene is awful will go days without showering, take a dump and not flush, stuff is thrown everywhere, cigarettes on the floor, half finished cans of pops left on their sides spilling on the carpet. Unless the place is cleaned daily you'd think its world war 3.

Additionally there are extreme levels of paranoia. She thinks people are out to get her. Seeing baseball bats and other items used as weapons scattered all over the area she is at any given time is the norm.

While I made a long post I've probably mentioned about 10% of the shit that goes on. It's just so much that a lot of stuff that to everyone else would be obscene is kind of at this point normal.

There is some suggestion that this tends to affect highly attractive girls. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but because of how far down the socioeconomic latter it brings you combined with the lifestyle choices I find that an unlikely scenario. Other disorders may lead girls to be attractive but obscene drug and alcohol use combined with a total lack of giving a fuck is not exactly a combo to create beautiful woman.

Her other siblings won't have anything to do with her at this point. I hit my tipping point a few months ago and decided it was time for me to depart as well. The only thing that held me in this long was trying to save my dads health and sanity.

Hopefully you are out for good in terms of your relationship with her kinjitsu. It will be for the best. You'll live decade(s) longer by getting away that is for sure.

I've hooked up with at least 5 diagnosed bpd's. most likely more.

my longest open relationship was with one. if you maintain strong boundaries and a health distance you can make it work and they're usually hot as fuck.

one of the things about them is I think it's excess estrogen. The girl I was with the longest her family had a history of breast cancer. Reason why they call it female version of sociopathy. Also some of the best sex I ever had in my life.

What is it with BPD and NPD types that make them so good in bed? Could it be a result of the promiscuity relating to their condition, lending them tons of experience? Are all cluster B types promiscuous?

Quote: (06-16-2018 11:30 AM)Jack Gignac Wrote:  

my longest open relationship was with one. if you maintain strong boundaries and a health distance you can make it work and they're usually hot as fuck.

one of the things about them is I think it's excess estrogen. The girl I was with the longest her family had a history of breast cancer. Reason why they call it female version of sociopathy. Also some of the best sex I ever had in my life.

While thats good that you haven't had issues so far you are playing with extreme fire. If you keep it up don't be surprised when you get hit with a rape charge or people accusing you of rape or being a woman beater etc. If you think someone like what I've described is controllable and will give a fuck about boundaries they aren't. They think in pure black and white. Theres no moderate thoughts regarding life.

Some people have an extreme penchant for risk taking. Personally I fail to see how this kind of behaviour is worth it in any scenario.

Remember as soon as you leave them you are scorched earth. They have a complete inability to rationalize and how they feel dictates their reality of the world.

Quote: (06-16-2018 12:02 PM)griffinmill Wrote:  

What is it with BPD and NPD types that make them so good in bed? Could it be a result of the promiscuity relating to their condition, lending them tons of experience? Are all cluster B types promiscuous?

Hypersexuality is a common trait these types will have. What causes that I have no idea. Throw in a no fucks given about anything mind set and you've got a cocktail for crazy. I suspect the ones who are hypersexual you meet more due to the ease of access. The ones who aren't probably live holed up somewhere alone.

lavidaloca, thanks for sharing this.

I feel sorry for you and your family but not for your sister. She is privileged because she is a girl from a rich family. If a guy from a poor family did what she does he would end up either dead or in jail. She finds new friends every couple of weeks. Many men in the West, especially older ones, have no friends. There is even a thread on RVF called "I have no friends in everyday life". She also gets laid as much as she wants despite being bipolar. Many men don't get laid for months/years. Some don't get laid at all. I have nothing against your sister, just trying to show how unfair modern society is.

I had a bad experience with a psycho girl. Not only I dumped her immediately after I found out, I also became more cautious with other girls. For example, I don't give my full name or any personal identifiable details unless I really get to know them. I hide my ID and credit cards from random Tinder or club sluts. I am just a guy with a dick, that's all they need to know unless they prove that that I can trust them.

Brodiaga we are in the same boat. I've only recent found out what the diagnoses was as this has been going on for years. The amount of times we've had police and ambulances at our houses is not countable. I couldn't even guesstimate.

I don't have sympathy at this point, her other siblings don't, i suspect her mothers at hers wits end. My dads a guy who is used to being able to fix things though so he sticks around and takes punch after punch. People like this need many months if not years of inpatient care because they are a total danger to society.

My intent to post this is to give people a true idea as to what these people are like behind the scenes not just in times where you see them only at their highs. Most will only see these people on their good days and be idolised by them. What I've posted is how things are when you fall out of favour with them or break up with them etc.

Given the sexual activity levels of many people on the forum it's inevitable that many will come across these types. My hope is it atleast acts as a warning if not helps forum member(s) from walking into a pit of carnage and getting caught in it. Given how disturbed these types are though unfortunately forum members will without a doubt continue to have issues caused by these girls in the future.

For me keeping your full name and details away is smart and will assist you in avoiding long enough interactions with these girls to get in harms way likely. I'll have to do that when I move out of the country later this year.

Dupe:

thread-33757.html

There's like 8 other threads on the topic.

Search the forum or even google before duping >_>

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

You neurotypicals are such a drag.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (06-16-2018 01:14 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Dupe:

thread-33757.html

There's like 8 other threads on the topic.

Search the forum or even google before duping >_>

I'm well aware its a dupe. In fact I posted that in my original post in the 2nd line of it. I was giving a perspective from a family member rather than dating. Its a totally separate view regarding the disorder. The other threads on it are directed only in relationships. Part of being able to avoid these woman is going to be spotted by their actions and how they speak regarding their families. This is to give some insight into that area.

Then post in the family sub forum or deep forum don't post it in the game sub forum.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (06-16-2018 02:12 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Then post in the family sub forum or deep forum don't post it in the game sub forum.

So helping members avoid potential disaster related to game isn't useful? You are just taking up space by arguing over whether it was posted in the right forum / thread. I simply attempted to provide some behaviours that may help members identify these people and the risks involved.

If it bothers you that much have the thread moved. As of now all I see is someone who didn't read a word I wrote given you didn't see what I posted in the 2nd line and then complained about it. I hope it makes you feel better to act authoritative over an incredibly minor issue. Your input in this thread has been absolutely useless and actually counterproductive.

I read every post regarding BPD on the forum. I haven't posted regurgitated material whatsoever.

80% of this is pure attention-seeking.

The BPD thought pattern is much like the NPD thought pattern, that they are entitled to be wanted, that being wanted is survival, and that they are therefore betrayed if they aren't. Loyalty tests ensue. Awareness that they are causing their own abandonment is zero. It isn't worth it.

I suspect she's gotten into your head and you needed to vent. Understandable enough. The real question is why your father lets her live in the house.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (06-16-2018 12:21 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Quote: (06-16-2018 11:30 AM)Jack Gignac Wrote:  

While thats good that you haven't had issues so far you are playing with extreme fire. If you keep it up don't be surprised when you get hit with a rape charge or people accusing you of rape or being a woman beater etc. If you think someone like what I've described is controllable and will give a fuck about boundaries they aren't. They think in pure black and white. Theres no moderate thoughts regarding life.

Some people have an extreme penchant for risk taking. Personally I fail to see how this kind of behaviour is worth it in any scenario.

Remember as soon as you leave them you are scorched earth. They have a complete inability to rationalize and how they feel dictates their reality of the world.

1) mode one (have texts that clearly show consent)
2) don't introduce them to friends or family.
3) don't let them know too much details of your source of income

I basically do this for all lays now because don't really find there's much to be gained but not doing so.

Jetset, its difficult being a dad. Im a dad as well so I can understand where he comes from. Something like 5% of people in the US get diagnosed with it. Given that in a red pill forum like this as an aggregate sexual activity is going to be higher its certain a huge amount of people on here will deal with a woman like this at some point in their lives. Hopefully some of you will avoid it by catching onto some of these signs. Of course theres a level of venting thats true. I do also though am well aware of the risks that comes with these people. We have had members with rape charges and domestic violence come from woman with this disorder.

Is she getting professional treatment/counseling?

I think it's natural to want to help family members, and have them become better people.

Quote: (06-16-2018 06:20 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Jetset, its difficult being a dad. Im a dad as well so I can understand where he comes from. Something like 5% of people in the US get diagnosed with it. Given that in a red pill forum like this as an aggregate sexual activity is going to be higher its certain a huge amount of people on here will deal with a woman like this at some point in their lives. Hopefully some of you will avoid it by catching onto some of these signs. Of course theres a level of venting thats true. I do also though am well aware of the risks that comes with these people. We have had members with rape charges and domestic violence come from woman with this disorder.

I get what you're saying. However, there's a delicate balance between being loving and being an enabling codependent.

I'm well-acquainted with a borderline woman who lives with her father at 34, and the procession of street people, etc. Her father is the same way and her brother ultimately lost his life trying to manage his lunatic BS. It would have been in everyone's best interests if they'd all separated, and now the two of them live in the house with a pistol arguing over who treated the brother worse.

Obviously, your father is his own man and can do whatever he feels is right. I just think after four years, especially if they're stealing from the family for drugs, it's time to tell somebody that if they want to live under a bridge, that's their own call to make. Hopefully, it's not taking a toll on your own child.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Limited if any treatment. Its next to impossible to get people who dont want help the help they need. I wont allow her near my daughter. My significant other and daughter live elsewhere. We are together though and I support both of them. Ive got a great and supportive partner.

I posted this in another thread but perhaps someone familiar with BPD and NPD can give me some insight. I dated someone who I think was a covert narcissist. I've been strict no contact now for 7 months. I've blocked her on all social media, particularly her two IG accounts.

Just a few days ago I noticed a new visitor to my Instagram Stories. The profile had my ex's picture, but with a fake name, no posts, and minimal followers.

Is this bait - or what is called NPD "hoovering"? It's bizarre she'd use her own picture instead of opting for anonymity.