rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What drink do you make when you bring a lady back to your pad?

Looking for easy cocktail suggestions to make for when you bring a lady back for a "drink". I'm a beer and scotch guy, but we all know that most girls like mixed drinks. My go to has been rum and cokes, gin and tonics, and vodka orange/cran because they are easy and I generally have the ingredients lying around, but I'm looking to step my game up a bit.

Basically, I'm looking for something moderately impressive, that doesn't require a ton of ingredients, that girls will like.

Martinis!! Manhattans, Appletinis, Chocolate Martinis ...etc.

Nice mixed drink. Easy to make and STRONG [Image: wink.gif]

Team Nachos

Great recommendations

I usually keep a couple of bottles of bubbly in the fridge. It's simple and the girls love it. When I was younger and broke I'd buy very cheap bubbly (Sekt for a few euros) and peeled the labels off. Now I stock better stuff since I like good wine. Prosecco or cremant du bourgoigne are good choices if you don't want to go for champagne.

I also keep frozen blueberries in the freezer for frozen blueberry daiquiries. Blend the blueberries, add white rum and a good squeeze of lime juice. Ice optional, but you may want to thin it out with a little water (or more rum) if it's too thick.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Vodka and crystal light. You could add more of the mix to make the drinks seem weak and it won't go bad like juice. Use seltzer and lime. They won't know what hit them.
If you want to go the high road get some 151 and real fruit for blender drinks.

I usually have a few bottles of beer handy; domestic for me when I'm just chillin', imported when I want to impress.

I also always have red wine around, usually Merlot or a nice Cabernet, sometimes Shiraz. Sometimes I get a Rosee, but not often and I don't really drink white wine.

Always vodka and sometimes premium sometimes not; I currently like Belvedere, Belva and Soda or straight, Vodka cranberries with the lower-end stuff.

Rum kicks my ass so I don't have any of that around.

I also like tequila (shots), Rye (with cola or ginger) and Gin (with tonic). I'm a pretty no-frills drinker.

Typically though when I have a girl over, I'll get a beer, offer her one (they usually say yes to a beer without asking for anything else) and if I have weed we'll spark up a jay.

a good idea is to prepare in advance. You must learn 'Refrigerator game'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wc...r_embedded

Quote: (09-22-2011 02:14 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Vodka and crystal light.

This stuff is dangerous. It masks the alcohol like nothing else.

Interesting thread

@ Basil, Yes it does! I Do have a tip to leave here about vodka. I switched to Blue Ice Potato vodka a few weeks ago and counted the drinks.
The next day I felt 100 times better than if it were Goose. I used a shot glass and magic marker on my hand to count and tried a second time and the results were the same.
[attachment=3161]

Quote: (09-22-2011 02:41 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

@ Basil, Yes it does! I Do have a tip to leave here about vodka. I switched to Blue Ice Potato vodka a few weeks ago and counted the drinks.
The next day I felt 100 times better than if it were Goose. I used a shot glass and magic marker on my hand to count and tried a second time and the results were the same.

On that note, if you're willing to splurge, there's an *excellent* potato vodka called Chopin. $30 for a 750 ml, $60 for a handle compared to $17 and $27 for Blue Ice. Buy one bottle, drink it for yourself, and then fill it with Blue Ice when you serve bitches. Oldest trick in the book.

Tito's vodka is fairly cheap and pretty good too. Made from corn, and has a slight sweetness to it.

Favorite Shot: Nutty Irishman

Frangelico + Baileys + Cream

Mix together and down it.

(skip the cream and it does just fine too)

The next one is a little more complicated... but trust me after doing it yourself once or twice you will be a pro. I picked it up during my bartending days.

Favorite Drink (to impress): Flaming Spanish Coffee

To simplify the ingredient list, use Grand Marnier, coffee, and whipped cream... and those are the only ingredients you'll need (plus sugar and lemon/lime juice).

[Image: flaming_xan_h_sm2.jpg][Image: brandy_snifter_glass.gif]

This one is more difficult to make, and a snifter glass works best.

*Rim the top of the glass (all the way around) with a lemon/lime (or juice).
*Now coat the rim in sugar, using either a shallow bowl or a small plate. The sugar should stick..
*Turn the lights out (or down).
*Pour 151 proof rum or liqueur (I prefer Grand Marnier) into the glass to about 1/5 the way up.
*Tilt the glass to about 45 degrees and with a long match or lighter, light the rum or liqueur on fire!
*With your hand flat and facing down toward the table, hold the stem and move your hand in a circular motion.
*Carefully swirl the flaming liquid around the edge of the glass all the way around -- this caramelizes the sugar on the glass.
*Quickly and carefully pour any other desired liquors or liqueurs, and finish the last half off with coffee (leaving about half an inch at the top).

Mix and Match Garnishes:
*Whipped cream or heavy cream
*Ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg
*Grated citrus zest
*Chocolate shavings or a drizzle of chocolate syrup
*A brandied cherry (or a maraschino cherry)

Works like a charm, but obviously requires a little bit of prep if you don't have these ingredients lying around.

When I'm feeling lazy: Vanilla Vodka and Ginger Ale

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

el mechanico you should try this. They filter cheap vodka with a Brita water filter to make top shelf vodka.

Team Nachos

These;

[Image: aquafina-flavorsplash.jpeg]

Mix great with Vodka. Split a bottle of Stoli with an ex a few years back with these as a mix, woke up the next morning feeling like I just spent twelve weeks in rehab.

Great thread

I just have a pitcher of Sangria on hand. Looks nice, tastes good, fairly strong, easy to make beforehand (unless you just want to show off your mad cocktail skills).

Anything with a roofie in it!!![Image: banana.gif]

Naw I'm kidding. Elmechanico is spot on with tater vodka. Try Boru vodka. The Irish know their shit.

I keep a couple bottles of Smirnoff Triple Black in the fridge. Drop in a handful of green skittles in it and it tastes like a margarita. Chicks are mesmerized by the process.

Now for my secret "veapon". Disclaimer: This will fuck both you and her up, so be careful. You've been warned.

Ali-B's Famous Sangria

2 lemons
2 limes
2 oranges
3 cups rum
1 cup white sugar
1.5 liter dry red wine (cheaper is better)
2 cups orange juice
1 cup brandy (optional)

Slice fruit into thin rounds and add to a large pitcher. Make a simple syrup with the sugar, cool, and add to the fruit. Add the rum (and brandy) also. Refrigerate overnight to develop the flavors.

When ready to serve, crush fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and gently stir in wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness with more simple syrup if necessary.

This thread is good timing for me. I've been getting into "mixology" lately and have put together a little stocked bar in my pad, complete with its own piece of furniture, toward that purpose. For now, I've been using the Cocktails HD iPad app and learning some of the classics as needed, but I need to memorize some of this shit to up my cool factor. I'm finding that gin is flying off the shelf.

@mechanico's Cystal Light tip is solid gold. Keep the tips coming, fellas.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Roofie Bailey's, the creamy property of the Bailey's acts as a lubricant for the moment when I pop my rod past her slack jaw.

...but seriously. I've never had a girl refuse a Cosmopolitan when offered. If you can mix it right.

It's all just frosting on the cake though. If I've had a girl join me at my place it means I've already sealed the deal (unless she does something to really put me off).

One more tip. This is my cup its stainless and insulated. Serve drinks in this kind of cup so they don't get warm or melt. Girls struggle with warm drinks and lose interest. Fill with ice and add one and a half shots then sprinkle some crystal light. Add seltzer and lime. Done deal.
[attachment=3179]

Quote: (09-22-2011 01:59 PM)Laser Wrote:  

Looking for easy cocktail suggestions to make for when you bring a lady back for a "drink". I'm a beer and scotch guy, but we all know that most girls like mixed drinks. My go to has been rum and cokes, gin and tonics, and vodka orange/cran because they are easy and I generally have the ingredients lying around, but I'm looking to step my game up a bit.

Basically, I'm looking for something moderately impressive, that doesn't require a ton of ingredients, that girls will like.

i'm finding more and more that chicks that go out often have a high tolerance for vodka and red wine. so whether it's on first date drinks or bringing them home and making them a drink, i try to use a liquor that most people don't drink on a regular basis. it seems to hit them quicker and unexpectedly.

for example, i always try to meet up the first date for margaritas (i go order them from the bar and make sure they're doubles with good tequila so you can't taste the alcohol). sure enough, most girls get tipsy relatively quickly and i don't know what it is about tequila but is usually puts them at ease quickly. this is also easy to make at the pad. again, get quality tequila and you can mask the strength easily.

i have always have decent brandy/cognac at home and if you mix that in a snifter with strawberry or raspberry liquor, it turns red and tastes real sweet. unless you got some chick that drinks whisky/cognac on a regular basis, should loosen them up.

i haven't tried this myself, but soju (korean vodka) apparently works well. i have a buddy who goes to a soju bar for this first dates and after a couple of those, his venue change is pretty easy.

if you want to step it up, you can always do a mojito. not that hard, but you have to have fresh mint around which is a pain in the ass. just muddle up some bacardi, mint leaves, limes, cane sugar along with some ice and club soda and it looks like you're a pimp. similar drink with liquor called cachaca is the caipirinha from brazil.

other than above, i would think the bubbly is always a must have. girls love that shit and someone told me the carbonation helps the buzz.

Whatever you decide to make, make sure the damn freezer has plenty of ice! Newbs ALWAYS forget enough ice.

As for cocktails, it depends. If it's an afterparty, keep it simple. Nothing as dumb as someone trying to make a swanky mixed drink when they're shit-housed. Champagne is the classiest. And refreshing after a night out.

If you have her over for drinks at your place, I recommend good wine over most cocktails. The problem with making a drink is that to do it properly, it's an elaborate process that easily can come across as try-hard and will hurt your game. If you have good experience with whatever you're making so you can make it look EASY, go ahead. Chicks love the fruity stuff, so here are some recommendations from yours truly for a lounge I used to work at:

Miss Lanfear Bubbles

Shake (with ice, abt 10 secs) 2 parts of limoncello, liquer 43, lemon juice each and 1 part vanilla sugar. Strain into a champagne coup, top with champagne (5 parts). Voila... you just water-hosed the panties.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I´ve attached a drinks menu for inspiration - hopefully you guys can score something with it.

But remember to take it easy. Don't come off as a try-hard when it takes you 3 minutes to make one cocktail. A drink should take 30 secs max.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Man back in high school it was all about Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. I guess girls now would laugh in your face for busting a bottle of it out now.

Quote: (09-24-2011 03:53 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Man back in high school it was all about Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. I guess girls now would laugh in your face for busting a bottle of it out now.

Actually quite the opposite probably because they're too young to have heard of it. [Image: thumb.gif]

My favorite drinks to give to girls:

Cowboy-whiskey and cream
White Sangria- like regular just substitute rum for coconut rum and coconut milk and red wine for white wine

Smith and Kearns- kahlua, milk, club soda

White Wine Spritzer

Baileys with Amaretto

Homemade Earl Grey Vodka-basically you put a sugar cane segment, a fifth of vodka, and six teabags into a jar, shake it, and then let it refrigerate for a few days, taking it out to shake every few hours