rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ideally, Would You Prefer To Find Someone In Your Own Country?

For me the ideal situation would be just finding a nice girl in Canada with the qualities I want rather than flying half way around the world trying to learn the idiosyncrasies of another culture I'm unfamiliar with

What about you?

100% agree.

Just makes it so much easier to read people and share expectations, humour, understanding etc.

Ideally for me:

A girl that recently relocated here from another city/country.

Even better if her English isn't up to par.

Of course but I'm an American w/ a passport. Lemme see how far I can get.

I think most people would ideally prefer someone from their own culture as it makes life so much easier coming from a common background.
It means you intrinsically understand the values, rituals, food, festival days, etc, etc that the other person will likely have and value.

I can tell you from experience that it can be very hard dating someone from another culture and having misunderstanding due to different values or interpretations.

Quote: (02-26-2018 12:34 AM)Banna Wrote:  

Ideally for me:

A girl that recently relocated here from another city/country.

Even better if her English isn't up to par.

Why, though?

I'm from NZ but the culture is so backwards and broken I'm basically like a foreigner in my own country.

Another thing is that a multi-county divorce can rapidly become a nightmare. Different jurisdictions, kids moved between two countries, sometimes even kidnapped by one parent with complicity from local courts, and the other parent never sees them again.

As someone who has lived abroad for five years and currently in an LTR with a local girl (and sampled the local dating market fairly extensively), I so far have had very few issues with cultural differences.
My main concerns would be if I eventually have kids with her or another Bulgarian (or someone from a different country) - even if we're only from opposite ends of Europe that can still bring a lot of hurdles in regards to children seeing their grandparents regularly, language issues, school and later education choices (I don't want to move back to my native country, but on the other hand the quality of many state run things are a lot worse here in the poorest country in the EU), and other things that can no doubt make life occasionally troublesome even without being from different countries.

Quote: (02-25-2018 11:13 PM)bluemarvel Wrote:  

For me the ideal situation would be just finding a nice girl in Canada with the qualities I want rather than flying half way around the world trying to learn the idiosyncrasies of another culture I'm unfamiliar with

What about you?

If this is not a game of hypotheticals, then I would say - no, I wouldn't prefer to find someone in my own country, because the culture in my country is so toxic and the brainwashing is so severe that it would be unicorn-chasing to find a woman with the qualities I consider "wife quality". I'm not saying that (technically) it's not possible to do. It's possible. But the odds would be statistically much lower than in certain other countries.

If this is a game of hypotheticals and fantasy, then I would say - yes... logistically and pragmatically it's easier to find a woman in closer proximity who shares the same native language et cetera et cetera compared to finding a woman further away in a foreign country. Isn't that obvious? Is the OP trolling?

Options:

1. Keep your culture and either sift for a virtually nonexistent unicorn, or settle for an ex carousel rider.

2. Sacrifice your own culture and learn a new one to increase likelihood of finding wife material.

Pick your poison.

I feel as though not being able to speak one common language perfectly can actually be useful in a relationship. Let's assume your first language is English and your chick's language is Spanish. Both of you are a B2 or C1 in the other's language.
You will be good enough to understand each other's jokes and have deep conversations, but you will still have to be more careful or delicate in some regards.

For example having an argument isn't really an option without using a lot of swear words OR really risking some kind of overreaction and misunderstanding. Thus, both partners are forced to be friendlier to each other and there isn't much room for lengthy, tedious arguments and nonsensical text message exchanges.

I thought I would never saw it but I'd love to have a "level headed" American girl if there is such a thing.

Other than sex I really have trouble connecting to German women on a deeper level who don't speak English and aren't well travelled at all. Too many cultural nuances are just missing.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

I'm an American but I definitely do not prefer dating girls in my own culture. In fact, I don't think I've ever been seriously involved with a true American chick and I think maybe 10-15% of my total bangs have been with my own girls. I prefer exotic women but I think that's partially because I like truly feminine women and that's really difficult to find here. Recently, I've even gone out of my way to go after the foreign girls who have just arrived in my own country. I've always preferred them and even the one American chick I dated had strong Asian roots she stuck by so I don't see this changing for me.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

I grew up speaking English, Mandarin and Japanese but somehow Mandarin has always been my 'soul language', the language that I really relate to and am proud of. My wife in future would either have to learn the language or already speak it, no exceptions. I will learn her language too but its mostly because I wanna know what she says to her family and friends about me and I just generally like learning a new language.

Also, I find that Chinese culture makes one more close knitted to the family. There are exceptions of course but the culture itself has a lot of family bonding 'festivals' that if you, the man of the household, chooses to make a priority, can definitely foster a close family which is a personal goal of mine.

I don't live in my own country and have no preference in regards to that.

But I do find that I prefer the mindset of women that are closer to my background (German and Brazilian) - I quite like Bavarian, Austrian, and Italian women.

No i would not. My country (European) is the most boring, narrow minded place on earth. Narrow mindedness is a virtue here. Competence is discouraged. There is no social fabric beyond marriage and maybe a dog. A staggering percentage of people is depressed. No shit, if the competence hierarchy is discouraged and most people only have coworkers and no friends.

If i'd have a girl there I would be stuck. It is hard enough with my close family living there and not willing to travel far to visit me.

Yes, I think it's most normal and natural to partner up/procreate with your own, as it were. Particularly if you're from a country that's not 'new world'. Each to their own though.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Man to be honest I hate colombianas (I only like paisas). I'd like to get myself an argentinian or brazilian woman If I can, but i know for sure I'll never have kids with none of these stupid colombian bitches. I needed to vent sorry guys.

Quote: (02-26-2018 08:23 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Options:
1. Keep your culture and either sift for a virtually nonexistent unicorn, or settle for an ex carousel rider.
2. Sacrifice your own culture and learn a new one to increase likelihood of finding wife material.
Pick your poison.

As an American, what good can I say about my culture? I have never been part of the California fuckstick culture that predominates our land.

I both love and respect my wife's culture. She loves and respects my country boy roots. You can have both. Heck, she listens to country music and feels blue grass is similar to traditional Vietnamese music. I've been continually shocked by how redneck the people of Vietnam seem to be.

This is why my opinion on the topic is that a wife from a different culture is better, especially if you are American and your home culture is toxic sludge.

I'd say in an ideal world, yes, I'd marry an American girl next door. They still exist, in small numbers. Statistically, I'd be more likely to find more girls (as a percentage of their home country's total population) that are:

+ More feminine
+ More traditional
+ Weigh less
+ Have less or no feminist nonsense in their brain

Yes, you trade off language and cultural issues for the above. Every man has to make a choice.

I think both routes are still viable, just depends on how hard you want to search in a country like Canada or the USA where most women aren't that feminine/investable for the long-term.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (02-28-2018 07:03 PM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

Quote: (02-26-2018 08:23 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Options:
Pick your poison.

As an American, what good can I say about my culture? I have never been part of the California fuckstick culture that predominates our land.

I both love and respect my wife's culture. She loves and respects my country boy roots. You can have both. Heck, she listens to country music and feels blue grass is similar to traditional Vietnamese music. I've been continually shocked by how redneck the people of Vietnam seem to be.

This is why my opinion on the topic is that a wife from a different culture is better, especially if you are American and your home culture is toxic sludge.

So in your ideal world, you still wouldn't want a redneck American girl that has all the qualities you'd want?

Up to around 1984 I knew my country my culture and what the girls thought,wanted and expected for themselves and from us guys.

I prefer the girls from my own culture from the 70's until around 1984

Now... before someone says go get an old lady from back then.....you got to be kidding me the cougars "moved with the times" (sex and the city) and became the girls we see around us today.

Yes there may be a hillbilly chick out there or a christian fundamentalist but who has the time to dig through all the female manure to find the golden peanut. I don't

And I echo what another poster wrote...I'm becoming more and more a stranger in my own "multi cultural" media driven smartphone zombie country

Other countries that are more traditional " or backward?" or what I like to call, "come from a simpler time"....I cannot get enough of.

I don't give a rats ass if I speak the language or even bang chicks!.....I land in some foreign country I know what my role is, who I am and how the women will interact with me...I'm a man and what a nice feeling that is for me

The question is a bit misleading. I think you mean ethnicity.
Canada is one of the most diverse countries, even if you find the unicorn good girl chances are her native language/culture is different.
Ideally you should travel to expand your horizons and experience a bit of what's out there. Some thing you will like, some not, maybe you'll find a place that's much better than your home country and you end up moving there. Women should not be the main reason why you go abroad, that's not a healthy mindset.

I think this depends of your personality and the country you are from.

I would definitely prefer finding a girl from a foreign country.
Of course this has its challenges, but to me it has more benefits. Girls from my country I find a bit boring and closed-minded.

Dating a girl from a foreign country is so much more interesting because of the cultural differences for me.
Also, you have much more to talk about. And you learn much more as well.