rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are some style status symbols for men?

Do you guys know of any status symbols or what not for men when it comes to style; clothes and accessories?

These were the only ones I could think of...

Hermés belt
[Image: 3592-hermes-belt-men.jpg]

Calvin Klein boxers
[Image: s-l300.jpg]

Rolex watch
[Image: Rolex-GMT-Master-II-116710BLNR-1.jpg]

Any Black Credit card (VISA Infinte/MasterCard Wolrd Elite for Europeans)
[Image: world-elite.png]
Pocket square when suited
[Image: 608423_1810_V3.jpg?sw=728&sh=950&sm=cut]

Hermes belt: fail
CK Boxer: lol
Rolex: pretentious

You must suggest power but not display it. Apparent brands are for human billboards.

Examples:
Bespoke or at least well fitting suits
Use red color liberally: red tie, red striped shirt, red pants
Good quality leather shoes (balmoral)
Double breasted suits and coats
Watch with interesting complications
Interesting money clip

Also keep in mind that women and men are impressed by different things. Women don’t care much for watches, men are not impressed by color red on other men.

Quote: (02-25-2018 06:17 AM)Montrose Wrote:  

Hermes belt: fail
CK Boxer: lol
Rolex: pretentious

You must suggest power but not display it. Apparent brands are for human billboards.

Examples:
Bespoke or at least well fitting suits
Use red color liberally: red tie, red striped shirt, red pants
Good quality leather shoes (balmoral)
Double breasted suits and coats
Watch with interesting complications
Interesting money clip

Also keep in mind that women and men are impressed by different things. Women don’t care much for watches, men are not impressed by color red on other men.

How's Hermés belt fail? It's definitely started to become a thing over here. CK underwear is probably not so much of a status thing but it's as much status thing as underwear can become.

Interesting with red colors, I've never heard of that.

Hermes belt is nothing special in terms of quality or looks. The only feature is a conspicuous H. Vain and pretentious. You’re just displaying a brand. (It’s Hermès btw, not Hermés)
For the anecdote, women comment more on my Ralph Lauren underwear than my CK.

And:

https://www.seeker.com/women-are-more-at...86940.html

Dude. I always wear Hermès ties. I'd say 20% of girls know what Hermès is, and even those never recognize the ties.

As far as underwear goes, think about it. Watches are dumb, but at least they're visible in public. If a girl is seeing your underwear, you're already in and I doubt she's checking out your underwear brand to see if you're consistent.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Sincerely surprised no one has yet mentioned the original,primordial,and eternal male stylish status symbol:

[Image: p2BzHFUm.jpg]
The Beard

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

It’s easy to get stuck on appearance and what you think will catch the eye.

The truth is that presence alone gets you more attention that these trinkets.

Wear dark jeans, recraftable shoes and a dark modal T-shirt (if you have the physique for it) and possess presence and you’ll get get a listed and comped at the clubs.

Develop your confidence and presence, walk in like you own the place in an understated way. I realize that this might be hard to pull off in your 20’s, but it works.

Quote: (02-25-2018 06:57 AM)Montrose Wrote:  

Hermes belt is nothing special in terms of quality or looks. The only feature is a conspicuous H. Vain and pretentious. You’re just displaying a brand. (It’s Hermès btw, not Hermés)
For the anecdote, women comment more on my Ralph Lauren underwear than my CK.

And:

https://www.seeker.com/women-are-more-at...86940.html

Of course it's nothing special, nore is some sports cars but it considered as status in some places.

Quote: (02-25-2018 07:00 AM)not_dead_yet Wrote:  

Dude. I always wear Hermès ties. I'd say 20% of girls know what Hermès is, and even those never recognize the ties.

As far as underwear goes, think about it. Watches are dumb, but at least they're visible in public. If a girl is seeing your underwear, you're already in and I doubt she's checking out your underwear brand to see if you're consistent.

Ah ok. I've heard Hermès ties are considered status by many on Wall Street. Maybe it just is among men over there.

Unless you have an Instagram like many guys today and take pictures of yourself half naked in boxers. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (02-25-2018 07:08 AM)Elster Wrote:  

Sincerely surprised no one has yet mentioned the original,primordial,and eternal male stylish status symbol:

The Beard

Really? In my country people would think you're homeless and couldn't afford a shaver if you looked like that.

Quote: (02-25-2018 06:15 AM)LeBaron Wrote:  

Having a look on the BNP Paribas site, it would appear that you can get the Visa Infinite for 150€/yr with no salary/savings requirement, is this right? That seems ultra accessible to me as in the UK, you need to have a HSBC Premier account at a minimum (£100k/salary or £50k savings) although Adam & Co. or Coutts would be preferred.

Surely it can't be that easy to acquire?

My take on Hermès: Hermès is the most prestigious French brand. Women love Hermès, but they love Hermès on them, not on you.
Hermès ties are way overpriced. Additionally, Hermès ties are printed. Printed ties are for boys, men wear woven ties if they wear ties at all.
The only thing I’d buy at Hermès is a riding crop for spanking women.
Hermès also makes nice gifts for your gf: a scarf, a bracelet or a watch will keep her happy for a couple years.

I think a nice watch is the ultimate. I get compliments on my watch but its always from other men.

I have gotten compliments on my suits from women, but its usually a plain gray suit that I got for $99 on sale. I also occassionally wear pink shirts and women compliment me on those. I think they are really complimenting the contrasting colors of my suit, like a colorful tie or shirt, and my confidence in wearing pink (not because its pink but because its more colorful than white or pale blue).

I work with a guy who wears a nice, antique silver watch. Square dial, large metal links, would trade my watch for his in a heartbeat but it was probably his fathers (who played pro ball). Its vintage looking but trendy. I think what makes it cool is that the wrist band looks like a piece of jewelry, probably solid silver, not something they make these days.

[Image: 8e0341d746ad8b619f1183d30f553cde--swiss-...ewelry.jpg]

I guess OP is talking about stuff a dude can flash that means he has money?

Thread answers itself: anything that is obviously expensive.

Exotic cars, custom suits, big houses, etc.

Never heard of this hermes brand.

Flashing ostentiously expensive items is vulgar

Suggesting, by careful choice of moderately priced garments or accessories, that you are socially influential and powerful, is what makes men shudder and women shiver.

I have to echo some of the clothing suggestions. A bespoke suit and some quality dress shoes or dark jeans, black leather biker jacket and gray fitted tee when going casual has worked for me in most settings.

I get that looking nice and having designer clothes might get you laid. But if you spend all your money on those items how do you live and pay for anything else...

I would much rather wear clothes that look good on me and cost less, gives me more money to spend on travel, food, drinks, and entertainment.

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

Quote: (02-25-2018 12:27 PM)louiebeans Wrote:  

I get that looking nice and having designer clothes might get you laid. But if you spend all your money on those items how do you live and pay for anything else...

I would much rather wear clothes that look good on me and cost less, gives me more money to spend on travel, food, drinks, and entertainment.

Or get yourself to a position where you can do both.

But some fake designer stuff are actually just as good the original and in some cases even better. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (02-25-2018 12:35 PM)The Alpha Virgin Wrote:  

But some fake designer stuff are actually just as good the original and in some cases even better. [Image: wink.gif]

Just don't piss off this guy. thread-59355.html

Hardship.

So you look like you can handle yourself. Then add a waistcoat.

[Image: tom-hardy-style.jpg]

Quote: (02-25-2018 10:05 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

Quote: (02-25-2018 06:15 AM)LeBaron Wrote:  

Having a look on the BNP Paribas site, it would appear that you can get the Visa Infinite for 150€/yr with no salary/savings requirement, is this right? That seems ultra accessible to me as in the UK, you need to have a HSBC Premier account at a minimum (£100k/salary or £50k savings) although Adam & Co. or Coutts would be preferred.

Surely it can't be that easy to acquire?

I dont know about the UK but here in France it cost around 300 to 350 euros. There is no minimum salary requirement as well. These are great if you travel often as ther's no fees if you use your card abroad for a payment or cash withdrawal

Quote: (02-25-2018 10:05 AM)The Alpha Virgin Wrote:  

Quote: (02-25-2018 07:08 AM)Elster Wrote:  

The Beard

Really? In my country people would think you're homeless and couldn't afford a shaver if you looked like that.

I am intrigued! Which country would that be?

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Quote: (02-25-2018 01:21 PM)LeBaron Wrote:  

I dont know about the UK but here in France it cost around 300 to 350 euros. There is no minimum salary requirement as well. These are great if you travel often as ther's no fees if you use your card abroad for a payment or cash withdrawal
Interesting, I need a Euro account with my constant travel in the EU (currently charged fees galore) so I wonder if it's possible to open one as a non-resident although with Brexit it probably won't happen [Image: sad.gif]

Thanks for the nugget of info [Image: smile.gif]

I have several World Elite MasterCards. Can't say that they are chick magnets, and if they were, I'd be worried about attracting a gold digger.

As for things that work, get a slim fit suit if you have the physique, and find a good tailor to hem it in. The fit of a man's clothes makes him look better presented than what logo is attached to it.

Wear your clothes well, and have good posture. Thosr are the building blocks for manly presentation.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein