rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What to do when the girl OD's?

This is serious question...dealing with it today

Scenario...girl is all good, but in the morning tells me she can't control her body, she is scared...then she has a seizure (not good)...then passes out

I have some medical training...so I did this....got some ice packs on her to cool her down (it's hot here), sat with her on the bed while she was unconscious and made sure she was breathing, her heart was beating and her eyes were good. Also held her hand, that link to the living has also helped me in the past.

I thought about calling emergency services...but what a drama that would create.

About an hour later, she comes to life...tells me she took too many sleeping pills. Now she is asleep, but at least able to speak.

This is a bit of a blurt while I sit and watch that the dumb chick doesn't die...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

You go to a fucking hospital. Do you want to face negligent homicide over a notch?

Either way you're most likely trolling.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

What type of medical training do you have that you would not call emergency services? That's rule number one when someone goes unconscious. You'd rather have a dead girl on your hands than drama?

I think it's very irresponsible that you didn't call emergency services, brother. Seriously. What if she died? I'm not sure where you are, but a lot of places have laws that require you to render aid or, at least, call for medics, take the person to the hospital, etc.

Would you be able to deal with this for the rest of your life if you just sat there and watched a girl die? That'd be a lot of sleepless nights for me and a mountain of guilt and shame.

Maybe she should go to a rehab facility or get some drug treatment. That would be truly helping her.

9-1-1

This isn't close.
Is there some crazy circumstance here that you aren't mentioning?

Hard to imagine this being real if not.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Not trolling here,

Just asking the question...at what point do you call emergency services and destroy a girl's life when she is admitted to hospital and then having a drug record?

Quote: (01-27-2018 11:57 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I think it's very irresponsible that you didn't call emergency services, brother. Seriously. What if she died?

Yeah, I thought she might die, seriously, I couldn't feel a heart beat but there was breathing and the eyes were responsive

I know I should have called...but I didn't. That's why I asking the question.

Quote: (01-28-2018 12:04 AM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

Not trolling here,

Just asking the question...at what point do you call emergency services and destroy a girl's life when she is admitted to hospital and then having a drug record?

A drug record doesn't matter when she's dead.

Yeah, but it matters if she lives...

I know, it's a fucked up question...just interested in hearing other opinions

What do you do with the girls when they fuck up...dump them, help them?

Who gives a shit if she ends up with a drug record?

Maybe it will be the kick in the guts she needs to get her life together.

You help her by forcing her to deal with reality.

But let's get serious. Were you shielding her from the consequences of her decisions or shielding your own drugs from the scrutiny of authorities?

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Drug charges from overdoses are fairly rare, and some states have laws preventing any charges to avoid cases like the OP's. Her sleeping pills were likely legal, you put her life in serious danger for no good reason.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

I don't think she would've picked up a drug charge. Happens every day here with people OD'ing on heroin. If you're caught using or in possession of the heroin, you get a charge, but if you OD and the cops come and hit you with some Narcan to save your life, they don't charge you with a crime.

Like one of the other dudes said, I had a suspicion that there was something else going on. Like you're sitting on 2 kilos of blow and you don't want the emergency responders snooping around, that's a totally different story. However, if there was nothing like that going on there is absolutely no down side to calling for help or taking her to the hospital yourself.

I think you may have dodged a bullet here and got very lucky nothing serious happened to her. I was already typing my first post here when I mentioned laws that you could've been held accountable for and someone posted before me: negligent homicide. Here, the laws vary from state to state. Last year in Florida these idiot little thuglettes watched a guy drown and recorded it with their cell phones while taunting the man and laughing at him. They recorded his death and then posted it on Facebook. Florida doesn't have laws that require you to render aid, so there was nothing the authorities could do them in spite of their atrocious behavior...

I think if this girl you speak of did go to the hospital it would not only save her life, but also put her in touch with people who could get her drug treatment--which she obviously needs. What you did (rather what she did and you didn't do), not only put her life at risk, but does nothing to discourage the same behavior in the future.

When doing investigative work we have a theory: The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If this doesn't get corrected and this isn't a wake-up call, she'll probably do it again.

Interesting thread, and this touches on something I've been thinking about for a while.

If you're not living your life in a way that you can do what needs to be done without hesitating then your problem isn't a lack of guidelines, your problem is you.

This affects us all in various ways and fields of our lives, but to the greatest extent possible a man should be at peace with his ways and his means and execute them without hesitation or remorse.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

"The day I bring an OD-ing bitch over to your house I'll give her the shot. You're giving her the shot."

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (01-28-2018 12:44 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Interesting thread, and this touches on something I've been thinking about for a while.

If you're not living your life in a way that you can do what needs to be done without hesitating then your problem isn't a lack of guidelines, your problem is you.

This affects us all in various ways and fields of our lives, but to the greatest extent possible a man should be at peace with his ways and his means and execute them without hesitation or remorse.

100% agree. Be a man of action.

When I was going through training, the instructors used to say: A poor plan executed properly and without hesitation is better than no plan and no execution of action

You can push a button on Shabbas if it's to call Hatzolah. (((They))) come right out.

[Image: com_hatzalah_061413_584.jpg]

Seriously though, your medical training sucks. You're telling me you are sitting there right now with someone who had a seizure and then passed back out and you are worried about drug charges and drama?

Flush your shit, or hide it really well, get in a goddamn taxi and go to the hospital.

And one more thing, if you are sleeping with a female that is taking an overdose amount of sleeping pills without your knowledge, you really gotta be more careful. Drug fueled raves are s real hoot, but if you gotta go comatose to get over it, what's the point.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but you need some tough love before someone dies.

Aloha!

Quote: (01-28-2018 12:30 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Who gives a shit if she ends up with a drug record?

Maybe it will be the kick in the guts she needs to get her life together.

You help her by forcing her to deal with reality.

But let's get serious. Were you shielding her from the consequences of her decisions or shielding your own drugs from the scrutiny of authorities?

I give a shit what happens to the girls I am with.

And mate, I get drugged tested so often that I wouldn't have time to even know what drugs were.

Quote: (01-28-2018 12:55 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Seriously though, your medical training sucks. You're telling me you are sitting there right now with someone who had a seizure and then passed back out and you are worried about drug charges and drama?

Yep. that's that situation.

She's sleeping it off. She's safe.

What would you have done? Called emergency response? Got the Police involved because you panicked?

I naturally wondered if this was a serious question. I also wondered if you were the one who supplied her with all the drugs. That would be one reason why you would act in this manner--covering your own ass.

You either call 911 or take her to the emergency room yourself. There is no other option. You also try to keep her awake. If she does pass out, you turn her over on her stomach in case she vomits.

Are you one of the Kennedys?

Think about the drama that would have happened if this girl dies. And here you are posting about it on a message board.

Go easy on the roofies

Quote: (01-28-2018 01:39 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

You either call 911 or take her to the emergency room yourself. There is no other option.

Well, I just tried another option...

Quote: (01-28-2018 02:27 AM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2018 01:39 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

You either call 911 or take her to the emergency room yourself. There is no other option.

Well, I just tried another option...

Well done. Instead of taking charge of the situation you sat there like a woman fretting until everything got better by itself.

This could revolutionise treatment of ODs. You have a case study that shows a 100% success rate for the "wait and see" method.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Fuck off Leonard

But you have a good point...wait and see was a gamble...but wtf do you do?

The girl is talking now like nothing happened...

I really didn't mean this to be a drama thread...but it happens. I hope we can share our experiences.

In the absence of a telephone and the presence of a junkie, there might just be an adrenaline shot laying round somewhere.

[Image: screen-shot-2017-01-26-at-12-08-40-pm.png?w=780]

Quote: (01-28-2018 01:16 AM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

[quote='Kona' pid='1727040' dateline='1517118946']
What would you have done? Called emergency response? Got the Police involved because you panicked?

Yes. I want all overdosing whackadoos the fuck out of my house asap. Look, nobody loves their fellow man more than me, but don't bring your filthy ass over here and overdose. Do that shit in your own house. Its got nothing to do with me panicking.

Aloha!