rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is ((())) used?

Why is ((())) used?

I'm getting old, but I've seen this a fair bit lately. I think it's in reference to jews but I don't get the point of the parethesis

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Why is ((())) used?

[Image: the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-jew-walkie-talkie.jpg]

Why is ((())) used?

Explanation on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 01:51 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Ah

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Why is ((())) used?

I might be mistaken, but i seem to remember reading on a legit mainstream website that the triple bracket/triple parenthesis around people's names was used with a totally different context and meaning before the internet was invented. I remember reading this symbol was used in the early to mid 20th century by authors, journalists, and other writers themselves.

But i can't find the website i read that anymore, so either im mistaken or it's gone, or has been changed.

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 02:19 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

But i can't find the website i read that anymore, so either im mistaken or it's gone, or has been changed.

(((They))) don't want you to find it.

Aloha!

Why is ((())) used?

I wish this was real:

[Image: hollywood.jpg]

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 02:06 AM)nek Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2018 01:51 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Ah

The succinct explanation:

Quote:Quote:

The editors of The Right Stuff explained that the use of an echo, represented in text using triple parentheses, was an internal meme meant to symbolize an opinion that the actions of Jews in the past cause their names to "echo throughout history," stating in its lexicon that "echoes repeat the sad tale as they communicate the emotional lessons of our great white sins, imploring us to Never Forget the 6 GoRillion [sic].

Also mild dupe: thread-56237.html

Why is ((())) used?

I also think of the image of the antenna tower with the echo parenthesis on both sides indicating active communications.
In our case it is the active communications of (((those))) who control the media/government/banks implanting their programming into the minds of the masses

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 07:19 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

I also think of the image of the antenna tower with the echo parenthesis on both sides indicating active communications.
In our case it is the active communications of (((those))) who control the media/government/banks implanting their programming into the minds of the masses

[Image: 013-512.png]

[Image: wifi-symbol-vectors.jpg]

Why is ((())) used?

Wikipedia cucking to say it's anti-Semitic outright.

Inappropriate, maybe, but antisemitic? Come on.

I was going to report the post but I don't have the time or patience.

Why is ((())) used?

Is the "no wifi" sign going to be classified as a "intolerant" symbol now as well ?

[Image: ps3-no-wifi-signal-bluetooth.jpg]

Why is ((())) used?

I believe the 2nd paragraph on the wiki page is correct. I recall there was some coincidence function on google that operates with feedback from users. The parentheses then were used by the alt right crew to track Jews online or something if hat nature. So Jewish names would pop up in parentheses. Google pulled the extension after this debacle but it’s continued to be used as a meme

Why is ((())) used?

It's a Seinfeld joke bro, don't worry about it...

((([Image: 21d8a23363056d719a4aa1d6806eacac50c07ff1.jpg] )))

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

Why is ((())) used?

It's used because it takes too long to write:

"you might want to be sceptical of this guy because he is a jew and that's most likely the reason he has written something seemingly crazy, but which makes sense when you consider jews hate white christian people"

Why is ((())) used?

I don't generally agree with criticisms of Jews on this forum. A lot of things are chalked up to Jewish subterfuge/treachery/control but can be easily explained by other things. And besides, most of the Jews I know in my personal life are decent and honorable people who I'm happy to have as friends and neighbors.

But I must admit that I chuckled once when I saw the phrase "Parenthetical Americans" used to refer to them.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Why is ((())) used?

most of the Jews I know in my personal life are decent and honorable people who I'm happy to have as friends and neighbors.

Same here. But then none of the Jews I know in my personal life are part of the media establishment fueling the multicultural diversity+inclusion agenda.

The issue is that this:

As a white person, I think white people are a scourge and should be eradicated from the face of the planet.

Becomes much more comprehensible as this:

As a (((white person))), I think white people are a scourge and should be eradicated from the face of the planet.

That is why parens continue to be used.

Why is ((())) used?

I think the one unifying trait of people who come to this forum is we're unhappy with the status-quo. The dominant explanation for why things are going off the rails focuses on feminist overreach (aka SJWs). However, there are those who have constructed a theory on top of it that has Jews encouraging and endorsing this feminist overreach for some nefarious endgoal. To outsiders, both theories are viewed as simple scapegoating.

I actually don't even blame feminism per se but see it as part of the uncontrollable rise and fall cycle of various cultures. We're in the decadent cycle ala the end of Rome. Humans evolved to work best in small hunter-gatherer tribes constantly dealing with scarcity. Note all this talk about abundant mentality. Well, why do you think it is that it's difficult to maintain abundance mentality??? The human brain is wired for scarcity. When faced with abundance, we almost always go crazy. In America we have an abundance of entertainment, food, and shame-free sexual opportunity. This has lead to decadence. Cultures become a victim of their own success in these situations. Obesity, addictive behaviors, erosion of social mores, narcissism, hookup-culture, all of that is an outgrowth of this.

I think, again, there is a desire to personalize the root cause in the hopes that we can drain the swamp, so to speak, but the problem is, as I said, human nature itself. The vast majority of people can't practice impulse-control.

Why is ((())) used?

Yes, Buck Wild, it is easily explained by other things.

[Image: 1514493044661.jpg]

These are the same people demanding 'diversity' and 'fighting for the little guy' (except when it comes to their organizations and nation).

If you tried to move to Israel they would tell you to fuck off without hesitation. I bet you think strippers who smile at you genuinely like you too.

They're acting in unison trying to kill off the American way of life, why wouldn't we notice this? Why am I not allowed to observe their actions?

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 10:39 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

I think the one unifying trait of people who come to this forum is we're unhappy with the status-quo. The dominant explanation for why things are going off the rails focuses on feminist overreach (aka SJWs). However, there are those who have constructed a theory on top of it that has Jews encouraging and endorsing this feminist overreach for some nefarious endgoal. To outsiders, both theories are viewed as simple scapegoating.

I actually don't even blame feminism per se but see it as part of the uncontrollable rise and fall cycle of various cultures. We're in the decadent cycle ala the end of Rome. Humans evolved to work best in small hunter-gatherer tribes constantly dealing with scarcity. Note all this talk about abundant mentality. Well, why do you think it is that it's difficult to maintain abundance mentality??? The human brain is wired for scarcity. When faced with abundance, we almost always go crazy. In America we have an abundance of entertainment, food, and shame-free sexual opportunity. This has lead to decadence. Cultures become a victim of their own success in these situations. Obesity, addictive behaviors, erosion of social mores, narcissism, hookup-culture, all of that is an outgrowth of this.

I think, again, there is a desire to personalize the root cause in the hopes that we can drain the swamp, so to speak, but the problem is, as I said, human nature itself. The vast majority of people can't practice impulse-control.

[Image: potd.gif]

I agree completely. In fact, I've said as much myself.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Why is ((())) used?

High resolution version here:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/PPhcg.jpg

[Image: PPhcg.jpg]

Why is ((())) used?

Saw that earlier. I'm curious to hear some of the sources......like George Lucas and Walt Disney were gay? I've heard the rumors about Walt but I've never seen anything to indicate George's gayness nor has he ever set off my gaydar.

Why is ((())) used?

However, there are those who have constructed a theory on top of it that has Jews encouraging and endorsing this feminist overreach for some nefarious endgoal.

Not a nefarious endgoal. It's not that organized. It's just a cultural dynamic. Most Jews, especially most media Jews, are educated city-dwelling people with higher-than-average intelligence, particularly verbal intelligence, who often have little contact with, understanding of, or appreciation for flyover America. They're like SWPLs except with even less sense of kinship or connection to anything outside their urban bubbles, so are less likely to question any of the prevailing narratives coming from the media (which is dominated b Jews).

Why is ((())) used?

Quote: (01-12-2018 11:20 AM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Saw that earlier. I'm curious to hear some of the sources......like George Lucas and Walt Disney were gay? I've heard the rumors about Walt but I've never seen anything to indicate George's gayness nor has he ever set off my gaydar.

Holy shit dude. Did you not watch the Star Wars prequels? Do you think the dialogue in the "love" scenes between Anakin and Padame was written by a dude who loves puss? I hate sand as much as the next guy, but that dude's gay.

Why is ((())) used?

There's a legitimate gripe about a small group's disproportionate influence in the media, academia, politics, etc., because of the destructive nature of their extreme, death-wish style liberalism.

But it seems to me that the problem isn't with Jews per se.

Although most American Jews tend to be of the irrational, self-effacing, commie variety, there are many other Jews who champion ideals of freedom, small government, self-determination, and integrity.

Milton Friedman, Ayn Rand, and Michael Savage are the first few that come to mind.

All Jews but not of the pathetic Larry David ilk.

If you were to wipe the planet clean of all Jews, there'd be another commie cabal stepping in to take their place forthwith, and then the kvetching would be directed at them.

The fundamental problem, it seems to me, isn't with Jews; it's with the fact that a majority of the media and hollywood is run by Jews who are also libtards of the most moronic variety.

Liberalism is a special kind of mental disorder that eschews logic, free will, and the right to one's own life.

It just HAPPENS to be present in a particularly virulent form in the American Jewish community. Few make it out alive, as I can myself attest.

You can get rid of all the Jews but then you'll be stuck with a bunch of non-Jew commies.

Same pinkos, different moniker.

Anti-semitism was rampant in the former USSR; still is.

This is despite the fact that many of those participating in the bolshevik revolution were themselves Jews who then found themselves on the receiving end of a firing squad.

They were a convenient scapegoat then, and they're a convenient scapegoat now. But they're a scapegoat all the same.

You could pin the ills of society on whatever group you want. You can say that blacks in the ghettos are responsible for the majority of crime in the US. Maybe that's true but are the blacks to blame or are the idiotic policies that created public housing projects and funded (and continue to fund) the never-ending, unwinnable drug war?

In Heart of a Dog, professor Preobrazhensky sagely comments that "the breakdown of society is in peoples' minds".

What he intimates is that whosoever you may be, it is your perspective, your philosophy, your "premises" as Ayn Rand would say, that drive your behavior and inform your world view.

Not the fact that your last name is Stein.

Which leads me to a question: what IS a Jew, precisely?

Finally, how do you define a Jew?

It's not so simple as anybody from Eastern Europe can attest.

Say your mom is Russian and her mom was from Moldova.

And say your dad is Ukrainian and his great, great, great grandmother was the daughter of a Rabbi.

IF - and only if - the Jewish name was passed on the mother's side and you received that name are you considered Jewish.

So because someone back generations ago practiced Judaism as a RELIGION (which is what a Jew is - somebody who practices Judaism), you could wind up with a Jewish surname.

Marcus Aurelius is reputed to have said: "This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution? What is its substance and material?'"

The derangement isn't religious; it's philosophical. THAT is the substance of the problem.

Now I concede that we could define Jews as a social-cultural designation rather than from a purely religious standpoint.

But then anybody and everybody could be a Jew because all you have to do is belong to that milieu.

In conclusion, I wholeheartedly understand the finger pointing at Jews but my conclusion is that it's fundamentally misdirected.