rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chicago named among safest cities in the world

I guess actual crime statistics don't matter, as long as the city employs some computer nerds to amp up their cybersecurity.

The larger point is, this is how the US consistently ranks lower on "Best Country" lists. The surveyors pick some meaningless statistic to overweight in their compilation and use that to get any result they want.

Quote:Quote:

The annual ranking assesses 60 global cities using four factors: personal safety, health security, digital security and the safety of infrastructure.

Chicago, at 19th-safest, narrowly trailed the other top-20 US representatives, San Francisco at 15th and Los Angles at 18th. Tokyo, Singapore and Osaka topped the overall list, an order that has remained unchanged since 2015. Buenos Aires was the only city in the so-called developing world in the top half of the index.

Chicago fared best in digital security, jumping 12 places in the rankings and following just Tokyo and Singapore. The report gave props to an initiative in cybersecurity training through local colleges and the Department of Defense that Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced in January.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/chicago-nam...the-world/

Quote:Quote:

The annual ranking assesses 60 global cities using four factors:

personal safety, health security, digital security and the safety of infrastructure.

What the fuck is health security now - availability of health insurance?
Safety of infrastructure means your train stations aren't randomly crumbling down?
Don't even get me on digital security, which is a mix of global trends, government policy and individual choices. It has zero to do with cities and their management.

What a lame list.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

[Image: giphy.gif]

The state is broke. Either taxes go way up to compensate or it becomes Detroit 2.0

These kinds of top lists also no doubt include Sweden and Stockholm as a safe space to live.

There are two kinds of top lists one shouldn't believe - Top safest cities/countries and top cities/countries with best happiness. Cities like Toronto, Stockholm and Chicago are bound to dominate these lists, because they do take in account feminist rights, but do not consider - probability of a false rape accusation, violent immigrants, reverse racism and disgusting dykes and faggots.

In other news, Canberra just got named third best city in the world to visit by Lonely Planet. If you don't get the joke, you haven't been to Canberra. Oh and Seville was number one followed by Detroit at number two. http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news...z6xji.html

A few years back, I visited Finland, and was surprised by just how orderly it was and how safe I felt. When I got back home, I looked up murder rates, and found an entry, which I think was on Wikipedia. Finland allegedly rated higher than Algeria and Lebanon. Given a Saturday night in Helsinki, Algiers or Beirut, I know which one I'd choose.

Quote: (10-26-2017 06:48 AM)Nordwand Wrote:  

A few years back, I visited Finland, and was surprised by just how orderly it was and how safe I felt. When I got back home, I looked up murder rates, and found an entry, which I think was on Wikipedia. Finland allegedly rated higher than Algeria and Lebanon. Given a Saturday night in Helsinki, Algiers or Beirut, I know which one I'd choose.

A lot of "ranking" cities relies on internal stats collected by city services. That is why many White run cities may have bad stats, because they actually have enough city personel to keep track of them.

In places like Algiers or Beirut, shit goes down and no one hears about it.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I moved out of Chicago a year ago in part because my neighborhood was getting dangerous fast. I lived in Rogers Park on the far northern part of the city; it wasn't quite a "safe" neighborhood (there's a criminal element in West Rogers Park near the border with Evanston), but my area was decent. I don't remember ever feeling personally threatened or unsafe, though I once witnessed a failed robbery outside my building: some black yoofs decided to do a B&E on the townhouse next door and ended up settling for dragging the 70-something white owner out into the alley and beating the shit out of him with mop handles. Aside from that, the only evidence of crime was the semi-frequent emergency sirens outside my window.

But last year, I started noticing homeless people cropping up on the main street near I lived, a really bad sign because Rogers Park is ten miles away from the city center. I once saw a bum passed out opposite the metro station with what looked like a needle jammed in his arm (it was across the street and I didn't want to get close). Gunshots and fireworks off in the distance also became more frequent.

This combined with the local antifas' attempts to stalk me (one guy followed me around a local supermarket taking creepshots at one point) convinced me to get out of there, and I don't regret it for a minute considering there are now shootings happening on my old block:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html

Now I live in downtown Budapest, where it's quiet all night long and the most irritating thing I have to deal with is British stag parties.

Quote: (10-26-2017 11:29 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

A lot of "ranking" cities relies on internal stats collected by city services. That is why many White run cities may have bad stats, because they actually have enough city personel to keep track of them.

Poor stat collection by third-world countries was also how nobody knew about the overpopulation problem in Africa until recently. Niger, Chad et al. weren't doing a good job of running censuses, so their population numbers turned out to be a lot bigger when foreign agencies did them.

In 2016, Chicago had more murders than NYC and LA combined. For reference, Chicago has 2.7M people. NYC and LA combined have 12.5M people.

I live in Chicago and this list is garbage. Half of this city is a shithole.

Quote: (10-26-2017 11:29 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Fraudulent, double speak and incompetent record keeping is behind a lot of leftist anti-west arguments.

"The US incarcerates 75% of the worlds dindufunnins" in reality is "the US keeps accurate records, has due process and doesn't just put people in deep state gulags or mass graves."

"Communist countries have better infant mortality rates than the US" is really "the definition of infant mortality changes between countries, in some cases if the child dies too quickly they don't count against that country's numbers, a true oxymoron."

"The muslim world has less rape than evil western rape culture" is really "you need multiple witnesses to guarantee the victim isn't stoned to death if they ever come forward."

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

This article is a Luciferian Elite sponsored depopulation side project.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Wait, so their saying it got ranked because of its "digital security". What the fuck does that mean. Sounds like some bullshit, how do you even really measure that.

God help me, that article gave me a good laugh. The utter bullshit. I used to live in Chicago a good two years ago near Ravenswood area. It was safe area, but increase amount of gunshots I heard at night was sign that things were getting out of control. Here the real Chicago crime statics" HeyJackass! Illustrating Chicago Values

https://youtu.be/xyFaLT-L2uk?t=14s

Jesus Christ Chicago has to be one of the most uncomfortable American cities I've hung out in. Only American city someone's tried to scam me and only Detroit and Baltimore seem more sketchy of the ones I've been to...

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Quote: (10-26-2017 04:14 PM)Matt Forney Wrote:  

This combined with the local antifas' attempts to stalk me (one guy followed me around a local supermarket taking creepshots at one point) convinced me to get out of there

Wait. Why?

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (10-26-2017 06:08 AM)Guile Wrote:  

In other news, Canberra just got named third best city in the world to visit by Lonely Planet. If you don't get the joke, you haven't been to Canberra. Oh and Seville was number one followed by Detroit at number two. http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news...z6xji.html

One of the safest cities in the world, so long as you don't include "Death by terminal boredom and/or feeling like you're in a Truman Show version of The Prisoner."

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

The center of Chicago probably is one of the cleanest and safest downtowns in America with the best architecture. It's definitely cleaner and safer feeling than LA or NYC. Take away Chiraq, aka the south side, and the ranking makes sense.

Chicago being one of the most segregated cities in America goes hand and hand with the crime rates wildly differing by neighborhood. That being said, the ongoing budget crisis will probably destroy the great parts of the city soon enough.

Quote: (10-26-2017 09:29 PM)Thersites Wrote:  

God help me, that article gave me a good laugh. The utter bullshit. I used to live in Chicago a good two years ago near Ravenswood area. It was safe area, but increase amount of gunshots I heard at night was sign that things were getting out of control. Here the real Chicago crime statics" HeyJackass! Illustrating Chicago Values

Yeah, lived in Northcenter (couple blocks from Ravenswood) until June (moved to the suburbs) and even there there you could hear gunshots. Police killed a woman a couple blocks away. Numerous armed robberies....

The avg home in the area is >$1m and new homes ~$3m. I lived across the street from last year's WS MVP. If any area should be safe this should be it. By the end we didn't feel safe...

Not to mention how many SHOOTINGS there are.

I used to live in the ghetto and would hear gunfire pretty often. The idiots almost always miss, but it definitely makes for a rather uncomfortable environment.

Hate on suburbs and rural areas is rampant, but I'd take the occasional white trash and boredom over the crime and general acceptance of grimy drug addicted bums

I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, lived in inner side of Chicago.
It is still a very sketchy and dangerous area.

Go to the South Side, yeah is it better than the 70s? Sure, but are there still gang bangers shooting around at night? Yes.
Is weed super common where people just smoke in public and inside of stores? Yes.
Huge drug busts happen very often in various parts of Chicago? Yes.

In no way is Chicago Safe.
If you are talking about Suburbs of outside of inner city, then maybe.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

[Image: maniacal_laugh_austin_powers.gif]

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Whoever made this surely got addicted to bad boy tingles, hence the lack of critical thinking that turned into this cringefest.

The entire US has been on the list of most dangerous places for years. Many of us live here without issue.

I've been to Chicago many times, never had a problem. Who you are, where you are, and what you're doing makes a big difference in terms of safety.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Quote: (10-29-2017 01:19 PM)Alpharius Wrote:  

The entire US has been on the list of most dangerous places for years. Many of us live here without issue.

I've been to Chicago many times, never had a problem. Who you are, where you are, and what you're doing makes a big difference in terms of safety.

If you don't hang around with inner city gangs and if you don't take part in domestic violence, then your chances of being murdered falls off the map. The chance lowers further depending on age and race but the trend of gangs and domestic relations is the strongest. It is similar to AIDS stats. The chance of a straight male, that doesn't use drugs, being infected with AIDS is effectively 0%.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham