rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Summer in Brazil: Sao Paulo, Rio, Floripa, POA, or somewhere else?

Thinking of going to Brazil in either February or March. What city (or cities) would you recommend? Sao Paulo, Rio, Floripa, and/or POA?

I have already been to Sao Paulo and Rio. I loved both - both are very beautiful cities, and I had no trouble with women in either city.

For my next trip, I would like to spend at least a week there during the summer.

What are your thoughts on:

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Rio

4 days Rio
4 days Floripa

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Floripa

4 days Rio
4 days POA

Is there another wonderful Brazilian city I have overlooked? Perhaps Porto Alegre?

Somewhere with a good carnivale like Salvador

Carnival in Salvador is better than Rio?

Any more thoughts ?

Porto Alegre was the best for me. A lot of hot white girls with Italian and German descent.

It depends on whether you are going before, after or during carnival. There is a huge variance that time of the year, both in terms of prices and options.

Only go to Rio or Floripa in carnival if you are willing to spend big money. Same goes for Salvador.

POA is an ugly city but its women are among the prettiest in Brazil. Not necessarily easy though.

Quote: (08-01-2017 05:12 PM)shotgun Wrote:  

It depends on whether you are going before, after or during carnival. There is a huge variance that time of the year, both in terms of prices and options.

Only go to Rio or Floripa in carnival if you are willing to spend big money. Same goes for Salvador.

POA is an ugly city but its women are among the prettiest in Brazil. Not necessarily easy though.

It would be during carnival. Is Sao Paulo fun during carnival?

The northern you go the more fun you have. Salvador and Recife are very good examples (carnival or not). I find that people in São Paulo and Curitiba are too stiff.

How does safety/risk change when visiting Brazil during carnival vs. not during carnival?

Almost common to have your smart phone stolen from your pocket during a carnival bloco and only realize when it's too late, especially if you're drunk. Remember everyone can access these street parties, and there is a lot of petty crime in Brazil.

SP has many blocos during the weekends leading up to carnival. For carnival itself, a lot of people flock the city to spend the holiday elsewhere, but it's a huge city so there will always be some people.

Rio is the best I've heard Salvador second best. It's going to ball dripping blowtorch your face hot. I'm hot here in the daytime and it's winter now.

SP is shit during Carnival.

Rio is the best city during Carnival. It doesn't mean it will be good after it.

Getting closer to that time. Has anyone been to Floripa lately?

You're heading back to Rio again ?

Summer in Brazil = Coastal cities

That said, Rio and Floripa is by far the best options among the ones you mentioned. Has been some years since the last time I went to Floripa. But we´re talking about the Brazilian state capital with best quality of life. It´s a very nice city to visit, wonderful landscapes, lots of stunners (thanks germans and italians!), chilled vibe, good food and the price is affordable (if you´re not going to Jurere beach, which is the most expensive summer destination of Brazil). I´m sure you´ll have a good time.

But by the other hand, if you want a pussy fest, you should go to the Northeast coast... Porto Seguro, Fortaleza, Natal, Joao Pessoa. Horny and slut girls everywhere, with also very nice beaches.

How is Fortaleza in terms of safety compared to Sao Paulo and Rio?

Quote: (11-20-2017 10:32 PM)NextStop100 Wrote:  

How is Fortaleza in terms of safety compared to Sao Paulo and Rio?

Less safe than Sao Paulo and similar to Copacabana neighborhood. Just be cautious, specially regarding pickpocketing.

Quote: (07-30-2017 03:38 PM)NextStop100 Wrote:  

Thinking of going to Brazil in either February or March. What city (or cities) would you recommend? Sao Paulo, Rio, Floripa, and/or POA?

I have already been to Sao Paulo and Rio. I loved both - both are very beautiful cities, and I had no trouble with women in either city.

For my next trip, I would like to spend at least a week there during the summer.

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Rio

4 days Rio
4 days Floripa

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Floripa

4 days Rio
4 days POA

Is there another wonderful Brazilian city I have overlooked? Perhaps Porto Alegre?

Hey I know a shitload about Brazil, lived there for years all over the country.

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend traveling in Brazil. Its going to fuckup logistics of girls you meet and even if you are bringing a girl traveling in Brazil is a pain in the fucking ass. Why waste 1.5 days of your 8 day vacation spending all day at the airport, taking busses, packing your stuff, unpacking your stuff etc, totally not worth it.

Second, you are leaving out tons of information such as:

1. Do you speak any Portuguese?

If you don't, then Rio is your only choice. You won't even be able to order a hamburger in Florianopolis without basic command of the language.

2. Is getting laid a priority? Do you rely mainly on Tinder?

The only city in the south of Brazil that you can get shitloads of matches on Tinder and they are down to meet for a short vacation is Rio De Janeiro.

It sounds like to have it easy in Sao Paulo without much Portuguese you must be in the top 1% of handsome, which makes things different for you then the typical guy (or you were banging hookers lol). Good for you makes your life easier as the average guy is not going to do well in Sao Paulo for a few days.

Even if you have it easier in Sao Paulo then a typical guy I wouldn't recommend it as the average girl there is not very hot, the city is kind of spread out and boring, and its dangerous even by Brazilian standards (and I'm typically a guy that likes mega cities)

3. Do you have an interest in Brazilian culture and musuems?

If so you may want to consider 2 full days in Sao Paulo more then enough and spend the rest of the time in Rio. Sounds like you have already been?

4. Are you going exclusively for women, don't give a shit about the beach, speak good Portuguese and want to be treated like a special snowflake?

Then maybe you'd want to checkout a 2nd tier city like Porto Alegre, or maybe even check out Belo Horizonte, which is also a 2nd tier city. However, I couldn't imagine going to Brazil without visiting the beautiful beaches, the big parties etc.

-

Whatever you choose I would recommend you stay in one spot, especially if women is even remotely in the equation and you are really going to be fucking up your logistics, wasting 20% of your vacation traveling and packing.

P.S. I do not recommend going to Floripa, ESPECIALLY in high season like Dec,Jan,Feb the traffic, rain, costs and dating logistics are all 0/100. Surf is also only in the winter. Chicks are bitch AF etc etc, everything bad.

LatinoHeat (Former username "FrankieCred")

Quote:Steelex Wrote:  
I think that making a girl your whore lightning fast is the best way to bulldoze and bypass all that flakey, annoying, shit testing crap. Girls don't shit test guys that fuck their ass cheeks black and blue.

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Rio

4 days Rio
4 days Floripa

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Floripa

4 days Rio
4 days POA

you should go to brazil between 08/02 to 14/02 during carnival. you can split your trip, like, being in Minas Gerais (Ouro Preto, Diamantina or Sao Joao Del Rei) and Rio.

carnaval is shit in south (floripa and poa), has some good parties there, but they're fucking expensive and you won't see street carnival at all.

salvador has a good carnival too, but theses days i don't recommend you to go there... violence levels are very high, lot of ugly girls on the streets, the beautiful ones usually pay to follow the carnival block in a vip area, that is a rope fence surrounded by security. if you want an enjoyable time there you might have to pay as well for any block you want to go.

Quote: (11-20-2017 11:12 PM)LatinoHeat Wrote:  

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Rio

4 days Rio
4 days Floripa

4 days Sao Paulo
4 days Floripa

4 days Rio
4 days POA

Hey I know a shitload about Brazil, lived there for years all over the country.

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend traveling in Brazil. Its going to fuckup logistics of girls you meet and even if you are bringing a girl traveling in Brazil is a pain in the fucking ass. Why waste 1.5 days of your 8 day vacation spending all day at the airport, taking busses, packing your stuff, unpacking your stuff etc, totally not worth it.

Second, you are leaving out tons of information such as:

1. Do you speak any Portuguese?

If you don't, then Rio is your only choice. You won't even be able to order a hamburger in Florianopolis without basic command of the language.

2. Is getting laid a priority? Do you rely mainly on Tinder?

The only city in the south of Brazil that you can get shitloads of matches on Tinder and they are down to meet for a short vacation is Rio De Janeiro.

It sounds like to have it easy in Sao Paulo without much Portuguese you must be in the top 1% of handsome, which makes things different for you then the typical guy (or you were banging hookers lol). Good for you makes your life easier as the average guy is not going to do well in Sao Paulo for a few days.

Even if you have it easier in Sao Paulo then a typical guy I wouldn't recommend it as the average girl there is not very hot, the city is kind of spread out and boring, and its dangerous even by Brazilian standards (and I'm typically a guy that likes mega cities)

3. Do you have an interest in Brazilian culture and musuems?

If so you may want to consider 2 full days in Sao Paulo more then enough and spend the rest of the time in Rio. Sounds like you have already been?

4. Are you going exclusively for women, don't give a shit about the beach, speak good Portuguese and want to be treated like a special snowflake?

Then maybe you'd want to checkout a 2nd tier city like Porto Alegre, or maybe even check out Belo Horizonte, which is also a 2nd tier city. However, I couldn't imagine going to Brazil without visiting the beautiful beaches, the big parties etc.

-

Whatever you choose I would recommend you stay in one spot, especially if women is even remotely in the equation and you are really going to be fucking up your logistics, wasting 20% of your vacation traveling and packing.

P.S. I do not recommend going to Floripa, ESPECIALLY in high season like Dec,Jan,Feb the traffic, rain, costs and dating logistics are all 0/100. Surf is also only in the winter. Chicks are bitch AF etc etc, everything bad.

Thanks for the write up. I dont speak Portuguese. I went to SP and Rio before and it didnt seem to be much of a problem. I dont have the gringo exotic look (about 50% of girls thought I was Brazilian) Still, was getting 50+ matches a day on Tinder in both cities and got quality bangs from both (including a model). Nightlife was better in SP (imo) because I found more girls having a little more basic understanding of English. I just imagine cities in Brazil are largely different places during the summer, so wondering which one to go to.

pics ?

Gamewise, I recommend the north east cities, where girls are warmer, less tourists. Salvador, Floripa, Natal. Also Belo Horizonte.

I would avoid Sao Paulo...

I am from Pernambuco, northeast, we've got some nice beaches, and in the capital Recife the nightlife is ok. But I'd highly recommend Pipa, which is in the state of Rio Grande do Norte. There is also a nice beach in the state of Ceará called Jericoacoara. I believe Fortaleza has better nightlife than Natal (though I find its girls better looking).

In São Paulo, Rio or Floripa the quality is higher and nightlife booms, but girls are way bitchier.

So, if you like beaches, it's from Rio up to Ceará. But if you prefer talent, it's from Rio down to Porto Alegre.

Quote: (11-21-2017 12:34 PM)Gusamaso Wrote:  

So, if you like beaches, it's from Rio up to Ceará. But if you prefer talent, it's from Rio down to Porto Alegre.

This is a pretty good summary.

But by any means I´d recommend anyone visiting a non-coastal city (Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Sao Pauloetc) during summer, even with the higher quality those cities have. From December to February, all the action happens in the coast. The fun loving vibe is palpable, everybody staying late in the streets, lots of hot chicks in the town for vacations, everybody wants to hang out, know new people, etc...

Whats the absolute latest you could visit Floripa before it turns to shit? March? April?