rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Chris Cornell dead at 52

http://abcnews.go.com/US/soundgarden-aud...d=47481069

Quote:Quote:

Soundgarden, Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell dead at 52

[attachment=36689]

Acclaimed musician Chris Cornell, the lead singer of seminal bands Soundgarden and Audioslave, died late Wednesday night in Detroit, his representative confirmed on Thursday. The singer was 52 years-old.

The circumstances surrounding the death weren't immediately clear, but his representative Brian Bumbery said it was "sudden and unexpected."

"Chris Cornell passed away late last night in Detroit, MI. His wife Vicky and family were shocked to learn of his sudden and unexpected passing, and they will be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause," Bumbery of BB Gun Press said in a statement.

"They would like to thank his fans for their continuous love and loyalty and ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

Cornell had just performed a concert with Soundgarden at the Fox Theater in Detroit. The rocker teased the show in a tweet sent out at 8:06 p.m., saying "#Detroit finally back to Rock City!!!!"

Soundgarden announced 18 shows as a part of its North American headline tour in late February. The set was scheduled to end on on May 27 in Oklahoma, according to promotional material.

Cornell also toured last year with his group Temple of the Dog, which consisted of members both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.

A huge loss for the world. This guy has put out some incredible tunes that I've enjoyed over the years. Unfortunate I only ever the opportunity to see Audioslave in concert once. I remember watching Black Hole Sun on MTV back in the early 90s and thinking it was the best thing ever. Man... this one hits hard.

RIP

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Fuck. I'll have to put Superunknown on.

I used to listen to Superunknown and Down on the Upside a bit when on the way to and from school when I was 18.

This was the first Soundgarden song I ever heard, back when I was 13:

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Well fuck.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

WTF! I was hoping to see him in concert. He is too young to go. RIP.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

RIP I saw Soundgarden in Vegas a couple of years ago. Audioslave was awesome. This was a surprise. I just heard on the radio, it might be suicide.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Chris Cornell dead at 52

His last tweet, barely 12 hours ago:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/chriscornell/status/864995525686415360][/url]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Massive bummer, especially since he was still an active performer

Chris Cornell dead at 52

I saw Soundgarden in 1990 open for Danzig, on the Louder than Love tour. COC opened up. It was the night of my 15th birthday. Ended up seeing them several times between 1990-1995, probably 6-7 times. Met Kim and Matt, never Chris unfortunately. I am an old school Seattle rock fan.

My bands then and there after played several Soundgarden covers. I could try to sing like Cornell, but there was no way haha. Outshined, Jesus Christ Pose, Big Dumb Sex, Loud Love, Mind Riot, were some of our favorites to play live.

The rock world lost one of its greatest singers ever. Bummed and shocked to hear the news today.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Sucks..... Sad, but the guy had his demons. Life is really fucked sometimes.

RIP.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Looks like Eddie Vedder's the last of the "big four" of Grunge left. With Cobain, Staley and now Cornell dead...

В глубокую щель!"

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Damn, he was too young to die. Time to listen to some Temple of the Dog in his honour tonight.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Quote: (05-18-2017 07:31 AM)fokker Wrote:  

Looks like Eddie Vedder's the last of the "big four" of Grunge left. With Cobain, Staley and now Cornell dead...

No love for Scott Wieland?

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Quote: (05-18-2017 08:18 AM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

Quote: (05-18-2017 07:31 AM)fokker Wrote:  

No love for Scott Wieland?

Can't forget about STP.

Quote: (05-18-2017 07:40 AM)Thersites Wrote:  

Damn, he was too young to die. Time to listen to some Temple of the Dog in his honour tonight.

May have to get a copy of TOTD's album and Soundgarden's first one "Ultramega OK!".

I remember hearing that Soundgarden were planning a new album before Chris died. What will become of those recordings? Will they continue on without Chris or did Soundgarden die with him?

В глубокую щель!"

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Sad and unexpected. With Weiland and Layne Staley, it was like you were always waiting for the news. This is pretty shocking

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Sad to see such great musicians go so young. I grew up with the Seattle area grunge and we'll never see their likes again.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Aww man Chris always had such a unique and standout voice, sad to see him go. I wasn't very surprised when Cobain and Staley died but this one caught me off guard. One of my favorites from Soundgarden:

Chris Cornell dead at 52

God damn, what a talented singer. Way too young to die. Could hardly believe what I was reading this morning. There's just something with those grunge guys, damaged in some way. A real shame they all went so soon.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

As far as I can tell, Eddie Vedder is the only of the five to have his shit together. I've read he's a family man and doesn't use. He smokes some pot and drinks red wine.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Damn.

Grunge is getting to the age that it is going to start losing more of it's champions. :-(

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Chris Cornell dead at 52

FUUUUUCCCCKKKK! I just saw him perform with Soundgarden a few weeks ago at a huge festival and they sounded incredible and rocked the house. Wow this is unbelievable, he was such an amazing vocalist, such a unique voice.

RIP Chris, your talent will be missed.

Into the superunknown...

Chris Cornell dead at 52

I also know that Chris recently did the theme song to a movie about the Armenian Genocide called "The Promise".

В глубокую щель!"

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Brutal.

Far and away my favorite 'Seattle' band.

Really glad I made one last trip to Seattle to see them in 2013 at the Paramount.

Dark Days indeed. My prayers to his family.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

@fokker
Amen brother, very similar experience to myself.
First Soundgarden song I loved was this:

But Chris' solo album 'Euphoria Morning' was a revelation.
Still one of my favourite solo albums of all time.

Genuinely sad today at the loss of one of the most gifted singers of his generation.
RIP Chris.

Chris Cornell dead at 52

No way, total shock. You see the pattern with these guys and hope that if they can get past their younger days, then they can go the distance.

I grew up listening to soundgarden, black hole sun was all over my childhood (along with the entire superunknown album). The thing about this is that their most recent album (king animal) had some solid tunes on it. It seemed like the real soundgarden, they did it well - not desperately. They were supposed to be working on a new album, had a bunch of songs written. Hopefully those tracks will see the light of day.

Listening to dusty from down on the upside.