rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is libertarianism equated with autism?

From all the political posts I see about libertarians and the philospohy, people seem to equate it with autism.

What is exactly meant by that? Do libertarians act like they have autism or is the way they think similar to how people with autism feel?

Quote: (04-23-2017 08:38 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

From all the political posts I see about libertarians and the philospohy, people seem to equate it with autism.

What is exactly meant by that? Do libertarians act like they have autism or is the way they think similar to how people with autism feel?

Troll much?

OP, of which political persuasion are you?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-23-2017 09:02 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I'd bet a $1000 against a donut that we already know.

Quote: (04-23-2017 09:05 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

I'd bet a $1000 against a donut that we already know.

I have absolutely no idea, but whatever it is, that's the political ideology that I plan to begin associating with autism.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Moderate-conservative turning more red pill each day.

Autists have a greater tendency to take rules and other statements literally. So, for example, they'll see how all the coins say "LIBERTY," and then notice people getting busted for pot use, and say, "Hey, I thought this country was supposed to be about liberty!"

There's a social norm that you're supposed to just ignore obvious contradictions and hypocrisies and pretend like they don't exist, but autists tend to get frustrated trying to navigate the subtleties of unspoken social norms, so they rebel against them rather than keep trying to learn them all and conform to them.

Quote: (04-23-2017 09:23 PM)Jean Valjean Wrote:  

"Hey, I thought this country was supposed to be about liberty!"

Isn't it? Is that not why the terrorists hate us? Because we're so free?

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Well it's gotta be one or the other, right?

[Image: laugh3.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

[Image: NvmL4_s-200x150.gif]

I'm going to enjoy what's coming a lot.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (04-23-2017 09:16 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

Moderate-conservative turning more red pill each day.

Hey guys, serious question here.

I've been seeing more and more moderate-conservative views being associated with autism.

Do you think that's because modern-conservatives act like they have autism or is it because the way they think is similar to how people with autism feel?

Asking for a friend.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I would rather talk about ass burgers.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.

Quote: (04-23-2017 09:50 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

I would rather talk about ass burgers.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I want to elaborate a little further on what I said earlier, about how autists tend not to be good at grasping unspoken rules. One of the unspoken rules of society is that, regardless of what the written rules are, and regardless of what principles people may claim to uphold, ultimately the strong get to trample the weak. The strong will often find some lofty principle to justify the trampling, but when it comes time to apply the same principle against the strong, that's when you find out that it's not to be taken at face value. (For example, when Trump didn't prosecute Hillary, we saw that he didn't actually care much about the principles he raised during the campaign to justify prosecuting her; it was more important not to piss off Hillary's powerful allies.)

If you argue in court, "I shouldn't be punished for smoking pot, because it's safer than alcohol, most of the public agrees it should be legalized, etc." the court will say, "The law's the law. We're just here to enforce the law. If you don't like the law, then work to change it."

However, if you then argue to the court, "Shouldn't I have a jury trial? The Constitution says that the trial of all crimes shall be by jury, yet here I am being tried by a judge," the court will quote an appellate ruling that basically says, "True, the Constitution says that, but it would be impractical to apply that rule in misdemeanor cases."

Well, yeah, but it's also impractical to think you can improve society by busting people for pot. What it boils down to is, the pot smokers have been a politically weak group for a long time, which is why their rights have gotten trampled. There's no good argument for why concerns about "health," "safety," "order," etc. trump the pot smokers' individual liberty.

But the rule of law only applies to those who are too weak to fight against it. Congressman Dan Burton's son got caught transporting seven pounds of cannabis from Texas to Indiana, and got probation. I'm sure the courts justified that by appeal to some lofty principle like, "He comes from a good family that will probably influence him not to re-offend." There's probably a grain of truth to that, but ultimately, of course, it came down to using political connections to influence the court.

But we put "LIBERTY" instead of "POWER" on our coins and in our founding documents because liberty sells better. It's easier to get people to pay taxes and join the military when you say that it's for a cause that's nobler than all the causes people who might resist this government want to fight for.

A lot of times, though, liberty is just a means to an end, viz., power. For example, the politicians don't want to completely take over every sector of the economy, because they don't want the economy to collapse the way the Soviet Union's did, since then they'd lose their power. But when trampling on some liberties is seen as a way of getting more power, politicians will usually be glad to do that. The weak might not be a major asset to the government anyway, even if they were left alone, so why not go ahead and trample them, if doing so will help build alliances with the strong?

It's the same way with relationships. Yeah, a girl will open her legs to you when it's convenient to her to do so, and she'll say she's with you because of love. But if it becomes inconvenient for her to be with you, then love no longer holds the relationship together, which reveals that love was not the highest value driving her behavior. Rather, her devotion was a means to an end. She wanted the benefit of your power.

I guess most men are aware that women's love is conditional, but they don't usually go around saying it explicitly, outside the manosphere. Regrettably, autists tend not to get those kinds of memos till it's too late. They focus on being good, because they're told that's the highest value; but actually, that was a fiction into which they were indoctrinated by those who wanted to manipulate them.

When a woman says, "I love you," she's not only telling you her present emotional state, which is subject to change, but also setting you up to be manipulated into thinking, "I have a duty to stay in this relationship for the sake of the love that we share!" If you try to dump her, she'll say, "But I love you!" and start crying. If she dumps you, you won't be able to say, "But I love you!" and manipulate her into staying. It's the same as how the government will cite the rule of law to demoralize you from fighting against it, and making you feel a sense of duty to obey; but you can't cite the rule of law to get the government to obey the Constitution, UNLESS there are powerful people who want the Constitution upheld in that instance. (That's why it was such a loss when the ACLU got taken over by feminists and SJWs.)

Although I supported Trump, I knew all along that he was a pragmatist whose principles would be subject to change, depending on which way the political winds are blowing. The only way to get him to keep his promises, is to make a credible threat to withdraw support and keep him from getting re-elected. That's why I suggested elsewhere, it would be a good idea for the alt-right and/or the far-right to form a political movement that consists of many more candidates than just Trump. For one thing, he can't implement his whole agenda unilaterally; he needs the help of some Congressmen who have an alt-right agenda. If they don't have that agenda, then he's going to end up making deals to get a few high-priority items through, and sacrifice the rest.

An abundance mentality also demands having other potential Presidential candidates to run against Trump in the 2020 primary if need be. One wouldn't want to get one-itis and say, "If Trump cucks out, all is lost!"

Most utopian ways of thinking (communism,libertarianism,anarchism) attract folks who can not see any grey area or nuance. Hence autism.

Quote: (04-24-2017 11:43 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

Most utopian ways of thinking (communism,libertarianism,anarchism) attract folks who can not see any grey area or nuance. Hence autism.

Are there grey areas, or is it just that realpolitik demands that we pretend there are grey areas?

Gaining and keeping power requires Machiavellian deception. Autists aren't good at that (they're more likely to be the ones deceived and outmaneuvered by the Machiavellian), so they say, "Since I can't be very powerful, I'll focus on being right."

I don't think communism and the leftist variants of anarchism attract a lot of autists. Rather, they seem to attract the hipster and starving artist types.

Well - there is a reason why Libertarianism would appeal to autistic men, though I don't know how deep the correlation would be:

https://recoveringaustrians.wordpress.com/

Enjoy this site - it will help anyone transition.

I didn't think I asked correctly, but thanks all for the positive and negative responses. It should be why do people think libertarians are autistic.

I don't know about autism, but some libtardians like Grover Norquist come across as total spergs, as do their political stances.

For example: Norquist is pro-open borders, but at the same time pro second amendment. Nothing wrong with the latter, but the 'sperg has trouble realizing that so long as you have open borders where anyone from anywhere can waltz in, the second amendment's days are numbered.

Similarly, the only reason Switzerland and Israel can have lax gun laws the way they do and not have an explosion of crime is because their majority populations are law abiding types. People like Norquist want to open the borders, which inevitably introduces a few neighborhoods full of third world shitheads from places with no tradition of rule of law. Unsurprisingly, the crime rate goes up and - presto - the native population of law abiders suddenly has to dial back their way of life and reduce their freedoms in the name of enrichment. Ditto for the first amendment, BTW.

Only a 'sperg like Norquist who thinks his political world view will translate perfectly from text book to reality fails to realize the impact of the obvious. NRA members tried to get his destructive ass kicked off of the NRA board, but apparently there were enough lemmings voting the other way to keep that from happening.

So, 'sperg yes, autism, maybe or maybe not.

You know a thread is fucked up when Jean Val-Kartezec is leaving the most thoughtful and non-autistic replies.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (04-24-2017 07:11 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

I didn't think I asked correctly, but thanks all for the positive and negative responses. It should be why do people think libertarians are autistic.

I've been a converted libertarian for almost 20 years. You're the first one I've heard to ever make the comparison.

I don't even agree with libertarianism and I have never heard of this.

Quote: (04-24-2017 11:37 AM)Jean Valjean Wrote:  

I want to elaborate a little further on what I said earlier, about how autists tend not to be good at grasping unspoken rules. One of the unspoken rules of society is that, regardless of what the written rules are, and regardless of what principles people may claim to uphold, ultimately the strong get to trample the weak. The strong will often find some lofty principle to justify the trampling, but when it comes time to apply the same principle against the strong, that's when you find out that it's not to be taken at face value. (For example, when Trump didn't prosecute Hillary, we saw that he didn't actually care much about the principles he raised during the campaign to justify prosecuting her; it was more important not to piss off Hillary's powerful allies.)

If you argue in court, "I shouldn't be punished for smoking pot, because it's safer than alcohol, most of the public agrees it should be legalized, etc." the court will say, "The law's the law. We're just here to enforce the law. If you don't like the law, then work to change it."

However, if you then argue to the court, "Shouldn't I have a jury trial? The Constitution says that the trial of all crimes shall be by jury, yet here I am being tried by a judge," the court will quote an appellate ruling that basically says, "True, the Constitution says that, but it would be impractical to apply that rule in misdemeanor cases."

Well, yeah, but it's also impractical to think you can improve society by busting people for pot. What it boils down to is, the pot smokers have been a politically weak group for a long time, which is why their rights have gotten trampled. There's no good argument for why concerns about "health," "safety," "order," etc. trump the pot smokers' individual liberty.

But the rule of law only applies to those who are too weak to fight against it. Congressman Dan Burton's son got caught transporting seven pounds of cannabis from Texas to Indiana, and got probation. I'm sure the courts justified that by appeal to some lofty principle like, "He comes from a good family that will probably influence him not to re-offend." There's probably a grain of truth to that, but ultimately, of course, it came down to using political connections to influence the court.

But we put "LIBERTY" instead of "POWER" on our coins and in our founding documents because liberty sells better. It's easier to get people to pay taxes and join the military when you say that it's for a cause that's nobler than all the causes people who might resist this government want to fight for.

A lot of times, though, liberty is just a means to an end, viz., power. For example, the politicians don't want to completely take over every sector of the economy, because they don't want the economy to collapse the way the Soviet Union's did, since then they'd lose their power. But when trampling on some liberties is seen as a way of getting more power, politicians will usually be glad to do that. The weak might not be a major asset to the government anyway, even if they were left alone, so why not go ahead and trample them, if doing so will help build alliances with the strong?

It's the same way with relationships. Yeah, a girl will open her legs to you when it's convenient to her to do so, and she'll say she's with you because of love. But if it becomes inconvenient for her to be with you, then love no longer holds the relationship together, which reveals that love was not the highest value driving her behavior. Rather, her devotion was a means to an end. She wanted the benefit of your power.

I guess most men are aware that women's love is conditional, but they don't usually go around saying it explicitly, outside the manosphere. Regrettably, autists tend not to get those kinds of memos till it's too late. They focus on being good, because they're told that's the highest value; but actually, that was a fiction into which they were indoctrinated by those who wanted to manipulate them.

When a woman says, "I love you," she's not only telling you her present emotional state, which is subject to change, but also setting you up to be manipulated into thinking, "I have a duty to stay in this relationship for the sake of the love that we share!" If you try to dump her, she'll say, "But I love you!" and start crying. If she dumps you, you won't be able to say, "But I love you!" and manipulate her into staying. It's the same as how the government will cite the rule of law to demoralize you from fighting against it, and making you feel a sense of duty to obey; but you can't cite the rule of law to get the government to obey the Constitution, UNLESS there are powerful people who want the Constitution upheld in that instance. (That's why it was such a loss when the ACLU got taken over by feminists and SJWs.)

Although I supported Trump, I knew all along that he was a pragmatist whose principles would be subject to change, depending on which way the political winds are blowing. The only way to get him to keep his promises, is to make a credible threat to withdraw support and keep him from getting re-elected. That's why I suggested elsewhere, it would be a good idea for the alt-right and/or the far-right to form a political movement that consists of many more candidates than just Trump. For one thing, he can't implement his whole agenda unilaterally; he needs the help of some Congressmen who have an alt-right agenda. If they don't have that agenda, then he's going to end up making deals to get a few high-priority items through, and sacrifice the rest.

An abundance mentality also demands having other potential Presidential candidates to run against Trump in the 2020 primary if need be. One wouldn't want to get one-itis and say, "If Trump cucks out, all is lost!"

[Image: 58612714.png]

Quote: (04-24-2017 09:36 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (04-24-2017 07:11 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

I've been a converted libertarian for almost 20 years. You're the first one I've heard to ever make the comparison.

The question came from a post from the Libertarian Party post about someone calling the party being based on autism.

Quote: (04-24-2017 07:32 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

I don't know about autism, but some libtardians like Grover Norquist come across as total spergs, as do their political stances.

For example: Norquist is pro-open borders, but at the same time pro second amendment. Nothing wrong with the latter, but the 'sperg has trouble realizing that so long as you have open borders where anyone from anywhere can waltz in, the second amendment's days are numbered.

Similarly, the only reason Switzerland and Israel can have lax gun laws the way they do and not have an explosion of crime is because their majority populations are law abiding types. People like Norquist want to open the borders, which inevitably introduces a few neighborhoods full of third world shitheads from places with no tradition of rule of law. Unsurprisingly, the crime rate goes up and - presto - the native population of law abiders suddenly has to dial back their way of life and reduce their freedoms in the name of enrichment. Ditto for the first amendment, BTW.

Only a 'sperg like Norquist who thinks his political world view will translate perfectly from text book to reality fails to realize the impact of the obvious. NRA members tried to get his destructive ass kicked off of the NRA board, but apparently there were enough lemmings voting the other way to keep that from happening.

So, 'sperg yes, autism, maybe or maybe not.

I never liked Norquist because he did more harm to Republicans with forcing the "my way or the highway" mentality that plagued the party since they won Congress in 1994.